[PRP] Winter Complaint (Sylfie/Renose) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:01 pm
"Heh, I really don't mind. The reason I didn't go was simple - I got in trouble and wasn't allowed." Renose shrugged, as if there was nothing more than that. "It turns out the Weyr doesn't really approve of candidates sneaking out instead of doing their chores, but sometimes I don't want to stay cooped up in one place. The ability to go almost anywhere is something I envy of you riders." He looked from Sylfire to her dragon, then back again. "I mean, I know you have responsibilities and such, but you also have a freedom now that you never had before. The freedom to just....go."

Not that Renose would ever really leave. Going and having a place to come back to sounded super appealing, but sometimes, sometimes, just going and not coming back felt okay. He couldn't of course, he had no means to get from A to B aside from his own feet. But whatever, that wasn't her problem to hear about.

The comment about having a clutch already took Renose faintly by surprise. "Whoa, really? Sorry about that then, you both just look so young I didn't think you'd have risen yet. But clutched already, was it beautiful? I'd have loved to have seen those eggs, I bet your children are stunning and powerful." Perhaps he'd seen some of them and he never knew. "And don't take what I said about being valuable or whatever to heart, or in a negative way. You're pretty amazing on your own, and your Hesperith on her own. I suppose together anyone would be a fool to think you anything else but a good duo?" Renose seemed to trail off.

"I am absolute garbage with compliments."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:47 am
"Oh. I thought maybe- I know some of the candidates didn't want to go." There was a hint of relief in her tone that Renose wasn't one of those candidates. Not that there was anything wrong with them, necessarily, they could be however they wanted, but... Shooing that line of thought away, she sighed. "I wish we could just go anywhere. Thread sort of ruined that for everyone, didn't it?" She supposed, theoretically, they could up and leave if they really wanted to, but it wouldn't have been right...not that that stopped her from wishing every day that she could go home.

"It was- Yeah, she didn't waste any time with it," Sylfie said, glancing up at her dragon. "Not a late bloomer, this one. Which is good, got it out of the way. And it was a good clutch, I guess? Maybe not as shiny as some people like, but they all hatched and nobody went between, so that's good."

They are stunning, Hesperith interjected, And I'm sure they've grown into fine gentlemen and ladies. They were very well-behaved. Not like the Western clutch had apparently been! None of her children had killed anyone.

Sylfie flushed deeply at Renose's reassurance, and looked down at the suddenly fascinating snow. "Y-You're not garbage. It was very nice."

Hesperith thrummed agreement. It would be very foolish indeed to think otherwise. You are an astute young man.

houllow

Meepfur
Crew

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:58 am
"I..hope one day you can see your children again."

There was a pause, as though Renose was thinking of something. "....were you scared? The first time she took flight? I mean not in the sky with you, but as a Gold?" There had to be more to it than just providing Pern with a future, so much more to it. The rules, the results, everything that came with it - he'd dismissed it before but now? She'd told him he wasn't garbage for thinking and trying to give a compliment, and the teen had turned red in response.

No one ever complimented him, ever. Renose wasn't the type to get fancy words for no reason, usually compliments came at the end of him prompting someone into giving them. People never told him positive things just because they wanted to. Maybe he had been prompting her, but not in this manner.

Meepfur
borderline flustered??? MY renose???? it's more rare than you think

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:15 am
I would like that, the gold confirmed with a thoughtful nod. She was not the most maternal of dragons, not one to fuss and coddle, but she was fond of her children, and proud of them. She would like to see what they had grown into and made of themselves.

Sylfie's cheeks flushed again as she considered Renose's question, caught up enough in that that if he showed any signs of being flustered, she completely failed to notice them. It was...an odd question to be on the receiving end of in a first conversation, especially from a boy. "It was...weird? And a little scary, yeah. And it was Ista, so, I mean, a lot of the dragons and riders were um...older."

Which had made it that much weirder, and why she had just locked her door, because...someone three or four times her age? Nope.

houllow

Meepfur
Crew

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:52 pm
Renose look absolutely horrified. He'd always known that usually, riders ended up in bed with whomever caught their dragon, but sometimes people went out of their way to make sure they were with who'd they prefer. Sylfie had said she was in Ista, which the teen knew to basically be something akin to a retirement community, so all....all those wrinkles. It made him feel sick to his stomach, and the goldrider received so many pats on the shoulder from him in support and pity. "You....you have my forever sympathies. Forget me ever sassing you about your dragon and her flights, or anything else I've said that I've clearly already forgotten."

He really had forgotten but whatever. His words weren't bothering her, she'd already made him flustered, and thus this was an even trade. The idea though of having to submit to someone who caught your dragon if you were taken unprepared by a flight did send a small level of unease into the normally confident Renose. If he were to Impress Green, he'd need to make all sort of plans and actions for that eventual rise or whatever. If he had any other color...well, who knew. He wasn't likely to Impress anyway so it was all hypothetical.

"Still though, a mother so young. Though I guess dragons do age mentally and physically so much faster than humans. Wonder if its the whole two hearts thing, or something they probably talked about during a lesson I fell asleep in." Renose gave a wicked and friendly grin.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:45 pm
"Oh, I didn't, uh- I didn't-" Sylfie turned a frankly remarkable shade of red upon realizing that Renose thought she had actively participated in the Flight, or the aftermath of it anyway! That was, well, the concept in general was a little unsettling to start with, even without it having been...Ista. Not that she wouldn't have considered it at all, if the winning participant hadn't been...significantly older, but they had been, and just. No. No thank you. "I just um. Didn't let anyone in."

Not that they had been trying to knock down the door, or anything. Everyone had been perfectly respectable, and Hesperith had been pleased enough with her choice and the resulting clutch. So everything was fine.

The young woman very happily seized on the chance to talk about dragons instead. "Th-They do. Better if they grow up fast, I guess, since they're meant to fight Thread and all. Still, some of them wait a lot longer to Rise." Sylfie shrugged. "They're all a little different."

houllow

Meepfur
Crew

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:06 pm
"...you can do that?" The idea of locking a door, keeping people away, was nothing something Renose thought possible. He was a product of a flight, or something like that, and so there was a certain level of naivety that had them thinking people just did the deed alongside their dragons. It was absolutely mortifying to find out he'd been wrong, and he was going to stew on it much later and when alone.

Maybe it would be best to just talk about dragons, except...Renose sneezed. He hadn't meant to but it was getting cold, at least because he was standing around doing nothing more than talk. H'd handed his jacket over earlier to some new kid who he thought needed it more, but maybe now there was some small regret. "Sorry. Anyway, you said they all take different times to Rise? I mean I figured since Golds are the ones who have the eggs, and -" He sneezed again, this time enough to shake slightly. The teen knew it was rude, and he fought to ignore it.

How often was he going to get the chance to talk to someone on a casual level like this? Not often, he told himself, and so he would suck it up. "Dragons are really fascinating. I mean, I've been around them my whole life here in the Weyr, but not really on the intimate level you've gotten."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:45 am
"Yeah," Sylfie answered, unable to help a touch of surprise coloring her expression. He didn't know that? But he was a weyrbrat! Oh, but that...did that mean they usually didn't do that here? Surprise faded into concern. "The riders here c-can do that, right?" Or would that be one more thing about her that was odd? Not that...not that there was any shortage of attractive bronze- and brownriders, but she wasn't sure she wanted to deal with all of...that. She was bad enough at general social interaction, let alone...

Then Renose sneezed, startling her a bit, then went on to ask further about gold Rising. And then sneezed again. "Are you...are you alright? Are you sick?"

It was winter, after all and very cold! Such weather was probably conducive to catching all sorts of things.

houllow

Meepfur
Crew

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:22 pm
"I'm not sick, no." Renose strongly shook his head at her question. He never got sick, he had the immune system of a wher. "I lent my jacket out to some kid who didn't have one and forgot to go grab my spare." Honestly it may have been a mistake to give that newbie his coat like it wasn't an issue, but Renose wasn't the type to go back on his words or actions. He would live or die by what he'd done, even if it wasn't super extreme. Life was meant to be lived like you meant it, whatever that was about. "I mean, it is kinda chilly out here, but I've felt worse. Unless you're getting cold and would like to cut this conversation short?"

Maybe a tiny part of him hoped she'd say yes, but she was dressed appropriately for the weather (unlike him) and her dragon seemed no worse for the wear. Also...he needed to reply to her properly. "I mean....I suppose they can? Like I said I'm not a rider and I'm the product of a flight between two random people. I've never met my mother or father, no idea who they even are, or if they were even riders." The teen shrugged. "I suppose people who can lock themselves do, and those who don't care....don't? I'm just mildly surprised is all."

Surprised was a very mild word for it, but hopefully Renose was doing a really good job of faking and dimming down just how taken aback he'd been to find out people had options.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:26 pm
"Oh, that...that was nice of you." Did that mean...should she give him hers, maybe? But...but it probably wouldn't fit right, and then he'd look silly, if he didn't just say no outright, which he probably would? Oh, dear. "W-Would you like to? It...it is cold, and I even have a coat." She really probably shouldn't keep him, since it wasn't like she had an important reason to keep him out here talking. He most likely had candidate things to do, and friends, and would probably also like to be warm.

houllow

Meepfur
Crew

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:40 pm
Maybe he shouldn't have said anything at all, because the goldrider seemed like the type of person to follow suggestions easily....and he was right. Renose kicked himself inwardly when Sylfie suggested that they maybe should cut their conversation short, but he was going to accept it. It would look awful on his part to force her to stay when the whole brunt of the conversation had been about the weather being garbage.

"It might be for the best. I'm the one who stopped you from where you were going to start with." He had started the conversation after he'd been spotted and so it only made sense he ended it. "It's been really wonderful meeting the both of you, and I hope we can talk together again?"

Meepfur
shall we call this RP done then, or would you like to end it with your next post! let me know!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:01 pm
"It was...nice to meet you, too," Sylfie agreed with a nod. "We- I'd like that. It's..we'll be around." Obviously. As previously discussed, it wasn't like they were going anywhere pretty much ever. And Hesperith wasn't exactly hard to find, so. If he really did actually want to talk again...her dragon at least was easy enough to pick out of a crowd.

It has been a pleasure, the gold acknowledged with a dip of her head.

houllow
and there we go! 8D

Meepfur
Crew

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items