[PRP] Viking - Temporary Freedom

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Asmar was pleased to be out of the pride's territory for a bit. She'd found herself feeling trapped, chafed, and generally unhappy. Of course, she'd always been generally unhappy for her entire life. But when the Myrsky Syntynyt began to feel like the Ukuucha'Wafalme, it was time to volunteer for a Viking. It didn't matter that it wasn't under Hroarr, she just needed to get OUT for a bit.

On this particular Viking, Asmar was one of the experienced Reavers, and so one of her duties was to keep those Freeborn who would earn their ranks on this trip in line. Before she'd left, Hroarr had made it clear that the new Reavers should not be coming back with scars from her claws. She got the picture that he was still disappointed about what had happened with her Thrall.

That was her secondary reason for coming on this trip. Asmar was determined to obtain a new slave.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Marinette was just happy to have her cubs grown so that she could get this whole Viking thing done and be a Reaver. She had dallied far too long with the cub's father, a Captain, and now she needed to get her plots moving so that she could be a Captain herself some day. Not that she didn't have great patience, but she knew she had to contact Voli'Pie at some point to get HER to come here too. Mari knew who she could trust in this endever, and it was not her Stormborn children. They were softer than her demon raised children.

Marinette kept close enough behind the experienced Reaver to be noticeable, but not close enough to be in the way. If they decided to jump something or someone, she needed enough distance between her and the lead that she could be helpful and not end up under someone's paws. It would be nice to find something interesting to take back on this outing, not that it was likely from what she had heard from others. The pride was getting enough fame to keep most that did not wish to join from getting close.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:18 pm
So far there had been nothing on this Viking worth bringing back to the pride. Some meat, sure, but hungry Reavers were far more than hunters. They needed more than mere food to slake their thirst. Asmar growled to herself as she stalked forward, tail whipping behind her.

Glancing backward, she noticed the red lioness that had attached herself to Asmar was lagging behind, well back of where the brown female's tail lashed back and forth.

"Well? Get up here," she growled. "You aren't going to find anything following me."

Just because the Reaver might prefer her companion find nothing didn't mean that was the point of this exercise. Even Asmar had to admit that.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:36 pm
Marinette eyed the other lioness warily. "Certainly I might not, but I also might get in the way should we find anything if I'm too close to you. Though I did see some sign of rabbits if you want a messenger Thrall or a snack." The red lioness moved forward, but kept to the side for the same reason she had dropped back earlier. She did not want under anyone's claws in a fight.

Marinette gave the other lioness a nod as she pointed to the rabbit sign. "That is about all I have seen around here, to find more, we likely would have to go out further." the group had their limits of where they were to go today so that everybody could work as a team. If they went too far, the others might get irritated with them, but then Mari didn't always mind getting others riled.

mouselet

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:46 pm
Asmar muttered something uncomplimentary under her breath. Ugh. A lioness who did nothing but parrot back everything she'd heard. A Reaver needed to be able to think for themselves, not just imitate what they were taught.

"We're only a day out from the pride, of course we won't find much yet," the brown lioness informed her companion icily. "Vikings usually last three or more days, sometimes a more than a moon." That allowed the lions in question enough time to get well beyond Myrsky Syntynyt lands, where their presence would be less expected and they would find more loot and Thralls.

"Obviously whoever's been giving you instructions is an idiot," Asmar concluded.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:54 pm
Marinette looks at the other lioness and scoffs. "three days isn't nearly far enough to find anything good. Instruction is all well and good, but I've been in this situation before in a different pride... you obviously think very highly of yourself, but I speak from experience, not from instruction." The red lioness looked away from the other and tried not to roll her eyes. She was quite irritated with the other's tone of voice, but all she showed was boredom.

Marinette tilted her head as she saw signs of something else and quickly dismissed it. Whatever it was, it was too large for two lionesses to take down by the looks of the markings. Shame, she could have used something challenging. Maybe if they found something to focus on this lioness would quit being an arse. Mari had raised enough cubs without dealing with an adult that acted like one.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:58 pm
Asmar snorted to herself. Thought highly of herself did the other lioness? Older didn't actually mean more experienced. It meant older. Slower. Smellier. More likely to die.

"Frankly, I don't care," the brown lioness informed her fellow. "You're following my lead, fine. Then follow. Sing out if you see anything or shut up." She could feel her claws ready to jump out and scratch the red lioness. Badly. But she had promised Hroarr and Asmar wasn't interested in jeopardizing her position with her Captain.

She was, however, starting to regret going on this Viking.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:20 pm
Mari wanted to walk away from the other lioness, but she was not going to put up with that backlash just because the other was an idiot. The red lioness would do what she needed to do, get into a band without this brat in it, and put her plans into place. She just had to survive this one Viking with the distasteful lioness. "As you wish."

Mari dropped back a bit again to watch and look at what the other lioness seemed all too willing to ignore. Mari couldn't know for sure the other was missing or ignoring signs, but she assumed it was likely in the current situation. It did not appear the other had much of a clear head. Mari would let HER find something if there was something to be found.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces