Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[CHAL] The First Challenge [Vaatia x Valberger]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Lady Kitania rolled 5 4-sided dice: 2, 1, 3, 4, 1 Total: 11 (5-20)

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:04 pm
User Image

It was pouring.

A white male with black splotched extremities stood among the borders of the pride of the viking lions. His reddish eyes looked up and around, surveying the giant walls that seemed to both protect and enclose this place. He was still ever so slightly unsure about joining a pride of lions that seemed to take joy in the capturing of other lions... But it was for a good reason. Was he 100% comfortable with the idea? No, at least not yet. Would he do it anyway for the snowy sand angel he had come to know so well? Absolutely. Breathing in deeply, closing his eyes, and looking up to the sky, Vaatia issued a challenging roar. Dozens upon dozens of large water drops splashed against his face, teeth, and tongue, the whole of his large body drenched. He opened his eyes and stared up at the rocky wall, waiting for what Bergljot said would be a challenger to fight to gain his initiation into her pride.

Depawsit

Depawsit rolled 5 4-sided dice: 1, 4, 3, 1, 3 Total: 12 (5-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:52 pm
The rain was beginning to pelt the male harder as he sat stoic at his post. He had been promised a challenger by his newest charge, and he had no reason to doubt her promises. In fact, he was somewhat intrigued by the promise of a new challenge. Especially when it came from Bergljot. Her first viking and she'd already found someone she deemed worthy of her time. It was ... impressive to say the least. He'd been on dozens of vikings, and still the idea of a partner in crime eluded him.

A roar broke him free from his stupor and a smile crossed his maw as he caught a glimpse of his challenger in the corner of his eye. He quickly and nimbly bounced from rock to rock to come face to face with him.

"You must be Vaatia. I've heard much about you." He grinned and readied his stance, prepared when the other was. "Whenever you're ready!"

User Image

Lady Kitania

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:10 pm
Out of seemingly frickin' nowhere, an all white male bounced down from the rocky gates of the pride, his mane and tail an odd stormy blue. He had many visible scars, all from prior battles no doubt. Vaatia jumped back ever so slightly, having not been prepared for the male's interesting entrance. It was ever so clear and obvious that he was both strong and bull headed. The bull headedness could be taken advantage of, but a seasoned veteran could not. What little courage that Vaatia had in himself was beginning to dwindle. He was not expecting a lion of this stature... And it did not give him a good feeling about the outcome of this battle.

"I am Vaatia, yes. Funny that I have heard no mention of you." Gritting his teeth into a coy smile, the white and black male readied himself in a battle stance, black claws digging into the soaked ground from his black paws. A growl came from under his breath as his ears flattened against his wet mane, leaping forward towards this pride's defender.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:24 pm
The edhes of the male's lips curled into a thin smile as the male took in his stature. It wasn't necessarily his intent to make others feel intimidated by him, but it certainly didn't hurt in battle. He watched closely as he prepared himself for the male's first move. His eyes watched the male's muscles, looking for a moment of tension but despite his seasoned appearance and wisdom he still managed to get the upper hand.

The male pounced quickly and accurately, managing to leave a small scratch across Val's shoulder. It was nothing he wasn't used to, but it still gave the other bragging rights. It was a scar he would do well to learn from in the future.

Stepping back from Vaatia, he tried to focus his attention squarely on him but the heavy droplets were beginning to cloud his vision, and sop his mane with water. His fancy mane began to ever so slowly creep down into his eyes, causing his prepped attack to become nothing short of a cub's batting lesson.

Cursing himself and his fancy mane, he shook the droplets free of himself and stepped away from Vaatia once more.

His next attack wouldn't miss.

Lady Kitania

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:41 pm
A knick! Vaatia was sure he felt a knick happen. It did happen, right? Yes? His reddish-pink eyes whizzed over to the challenging male, looking for any sign that he had actually gotten him. He could of sworn that he felt it happen, even if it was small. His eyes scanning and noticing an oddly gloriously braided mane-beard... Thing... He also took notice of a small indention within the lion's shoulder. YES! An all too happy grin covered Vaatia's maw, proud of himself for getting the opposing male. He couldn't quite tell how deep or bad or if it was of any severity at all, but none of that mattered! He had gotten him! That was just step one! Vaatia noticed how the lion's mane seemed to really get into his eyes, especially with the rough rain that was drenching both of the battling males.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't catch your name! Since I got you, I think you owe me at least that!" He didn't like to shout, but he wanted to make sure he was able to be heard with how much rain was coming down.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:49 pm
The male was right, he had gotten him and like any success, a prize was in order. Though, he had to admit, telling one his name was a strange prize. Especially when that someone was a male. But his request had been made, and Val would honor it, as any good Captain would.

"Valbergur, defeat me and I shall allow you the honor or calling me Val. Lose, and Valbergur will suffice." As the words left his lips, he felt bad about them. It was true, he didn't allow others to call him by his nickname unless they earned it. But it sounded rude coming from his maw this time. Perhaps because he typically only offered that particular prize to those he knew. Though he sort of felt he knew Vaatia, if only slightly, from what his Reaver spoke of him.

"I am Bergljot's Captain, the main reason I am your challenger and now another. She spoke highly of you. I felt it my duty to witness what gave her that impression." He said to admit, he was impressed, if only that he had managed to knick him on the first swing.

As he finished his comment, the male seized his opportunity to use his simplest move. One he couldn't use on his Pride members as they had grown to expect it. But he felt confident Bergljot wouldnt give away his secrets to a challenger.

Stiffening his muscles, the male squared his body and charged at Vaatia at his fullest speed. Connecting his iron head right into the male's side.

Lady Kitania

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:03 pm
This was where Vaatia messed up, and it was going to cost him. He had too quickly taken for granted that he had gotten in some damage on the Captain, and had begun to internally boast about it. That boasting caused him to miss the most obvious that was coming. Having closed his eyes, even for a brief second, and nodded his head as he heard the male's words, his side was suddenly impacted. It felt as if he had just been rammed by a herd of wild swine, and they were known for their voracious manners!

Flying back and slamming into the ground, Vaatia instinctively tried to use his claws to grasp the land below him, snarling angrily as his side was now in some immense pain! "Damn man! What is your head made of?!" He came off rather rude and sudden, but the damn head-side-ramming-thing was pretty rude and sudden too! His black claws retracted as he rolled over, attempting to stand up and assess his bodily damage.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:16 pm
Val held back a laugh at the male's sudden comment. He'd been told he had a head like a boulder before, but everyone who made the comment had always been headbutted. Those who had been outsmarted or sassed tended to say he was just a hard head. He supposed they meant the same, but he took them as two different definitions. "I've been told its made of rocks, but who's to say really?" He quipped, rather enjoying the conversation he was currently entangled in.

"The better question is what is that side of your's made of! Feels like a ran into an elephant!" This time he did allow the snort to escape as he tried to clear his head. It was a bit tingly, and he could swear he heard a bit of ringing.

Lady Kitania

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:46 am
The white and black male grumbled and groaned as he managed to stand up, his legs wobbling ever so slightly. Black claws unsheathed and grabbed into the earth below him, his teeth finally ungritting as he looked over his side. It was sore and absolutely throbbing. There was no doubt going to be a massive bruise there, but thankfully it wasn't going to be visible. Even though white, his fur was thick enough to hide the damage. Still, he was definitely going to be wincing and limping for at least the next week or two.

"I tended to live amongst the trees of the jungles in the Rogue Lands, so perhaps the bark has melded nicely with my skin!" Vaatia chuckled at himself. It was a ridiculous accusation, but one that he now knew this lion would most likely enjoy. Oddly enough, this opposing Captain wasn't all that bad. He seemed to have a personality slightly similar Vaatia's, and Vaatia was beginning to enjoy it. His wobbling over, the male now stood tall once more, his side still pulsing with pain. He kept the pain hidden though, his expression staying coy and cocky. "I'm surprised that for a male of your rank, you haven't just cut me down by now. I honestly expected more from you! Perhaps you are where Bergy learned how to lie about?" He dug his black claws into the earth once more, awaiting the incoming attack after being quite the a** on purpose.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Valbergur simply scoffed at his remark regarding his skin, though he did have to admit it was clever. He liked someone who could be clever. he was pretty interested in recruiting Vaatia into his raid. He would have to bring it up to Bergljot and let her break the ice about the idea. Since he hardly knew the male, he fwlt it would be a little sudden to just burst out with it. Though he had begun to take a shining to him. He would definitely be inviting him out for a drink in the near future, win or lose Bergljot finding someone to call her own was cause in itself for celebration. That poor child needed someone to love and care for her, and he seemed like he fit the bill. But the gods help him if he ever hurt her.

The Captain had shake himself loose of all the thoughts that were clouding his mind. He was in a fight dammit! SNAP OUT OF IT! This fight just seemed to be a little too personal to him, perhaps he shouldn't have gotten involved?

As more thoughts began to cloud through the male's mind, he hardly heard Vaatia's comment about liars. But he heard just enough to be offended. He stiffened up like a rock and stood stoic as ever, his face deadpan, all other thoughts lost.

"Liars are scum, I am not a liar, nor have I ever been a liar.
Nor do I appreciate being called one, in any sense of the word."

If Vaatia was going to attack, he had his golden opportunity.

Lady Kitania

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:53 pm
Huh? Liars? What was he going on about liars for? Vaatia hadn't mentioned anything about calling Val a liar. Had he? His claws retracting and his eyes darting from side to side, he then remembered what he said and how it could be misconstrued quite easily. He surely hadn't meant to call this captain a liar! He had meant lying around in a jokingly rude manner so as to ruffle the male's fur... But he wasn't sure if he could rectify that now. Maybe he should seize the opportunity given to him and simply attack? Well... Yes... But...

No. No buts. His rude comment had worked and this was his chance! Baring his teeth and reseizing the sopping ground beneath him, Vaatia, quite stupidly, lunged forward, black claws ripping themselves up from the earth and pointed towards Val, his black ears flat against his dripping white mane. He was all in and there was no stopping it, even if he hadn't meant to anger the male in the way that he had.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:10 pm
Valbergur roared in pain as Vaatia's claws seized into his flank. He knew in that moment that would have to end this here and now, or he would lose in the next few turns. It wasn't the significance of the wound, so much as the placement. Had he been skewered anywhere else he would have shaken it off. Much like he was doing know, but due to all the muscle and ligaments that worked to keep him standing and moving, he wouldn't be able to fight much longer. He wasn't even sure whether the other male realized what a vital attack he had successfully landed, but he wasn't worried with it now. He was ask him later, once he'd had time to calm down a bit, once he'd had time to recover from what he knew was an overreaction on his part.

Growling as he stood back on his feet, the male stood to see Vaatia with his back still slightly turned as he attempted to come full circle. Val smirked to himself as he took his own golden opportunity to end this once and for all. As he used the space between them to gain speed just as he was close he sprang from his feet and leaped onto Vaatia's back. his claws sinking firmly into both shoulders. Not too deep though, nothing that would maim or scar. But enough that this newbie lion wouldn't be able to fare the fight any longer.

"A tip for your next challenge. You're an excellent fighter, you have it in you, I can see it. You just have flaws, such as turning your back on a foe. Its a terrible mistake, and one that could cost you your life. And it seems, that's only just beginning. Practive your technique and return, i'd like to see you win next time I see you."

Vaatia smiled down at the male before dipping his head in respect, he knew how these battles went and despite hating to leave his beaten and battered foes in the dirt, it was customary. And so he turned and left the battlefield, sure that Bergljolt would seek him out later for details that Vaatia may have held back.

Word Count: 2,520

Lady Kitania

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash