Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[PRP] Angry Aftermath (Naani & Mgbamizu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:18 pm
User Image

Naani was frustrated. No, beyond frustrated. She was furious! Practically spitting with rage!

... So, no change from how she'd been a few hours ago, when this whole thing had escalated in the first place. She was pacing aggressively back and forth, and there were still tears in her fur from her blow up at Ebere. How dare he?! Urgh, just thinking about it made her fur stick on end and fresh tears appear in her eyes. Trying to- to replace her family, claim she should move on, and all those confusingly stupid gifts. What right did he have to decide any of that! And proposing?! They barely knew each other!

The lioness had stomped away in a distraught rage after he'd declared that he would "do it". She was too blind in her fury to think on what he was claiming to do. Frankly, she just didn't care. He could go do whatever he wanted, as long as it didn't involve her anymore!

KasaiLoki
Was trying to think of what they could be doing in this rp. Decided to go with this.

Sorry, Mgbamizu. You get to experience the aftermath of her and Ebere's fight, before Ebere proceeds to do the stupid. Hopefully you handle angry female better than he did. xD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:31 am
MangoMeow

User Image

Mgbamizu found himself heading in the direction of the crater borders. As he had told his mother the other day, it was something that intrigued him. He wished he could drag another out there with him, but when it was mentioned most seem to shy away from the idea.

That's fine the Aguu decided. I'll just go by myself. He mainly wanted someone to talk to, to bounce ideas off and maybe see if anyone else would share his opinions on what was going on.

However, his thoughts were strayed as the young adolescent seem to stomp past him. Curious, Mgbamizu tilted his head.

"Naani?" He asked, his tone just above a whisper. Very fitting, as that what his name meant.

"Are...are you okay?" He didn't know the younger lioness that well, but knew she was one of the last members of the Uju family.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:27 pm
So into her internal ranting,Naani almost missed the voice speaking to her, and when she did notice, she had to do a double take to make sure that yes, there was someone there. A part of her reeled away, instinctively shying from contact with others of her pride, while another part of her scoffed at his words.

"Do I look okay?" she snapped, ears flattened against her skull.

She turned her gaze away angrily, swiping a paw against her face self-consciously to try and wipe away the water obscuring her vision. When that failed, she simply flicked her short mane in front of her face, hoping to block out the world around her. She didn't really want to see it anyway.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:07 pm
MangoMeow

His head tilted at the young adolescent snapped at him. Huh, females.

Mgbamizu debated whether he should leave Naani to her sobbing, or if he should try to comfort her. The boy in him told him to just leaver her as she was, yet the family lion in him told him to attempt to find out the problem. Having two sisters, it was always a battle to know what exactly was going on in the female’s brain.

Being the better lion for himself, the brown pelted male wandered a little closer to the female, sitting just near her before given her an awkward pat on the back with his large paw.

“You uh…wanna talk about it?”

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:15 pm
Naani was focusing on her breathing, trying to calm herself down but not really succeeding in the action, when she felt the pat against her back. It made her jump, unused to being touched by this point, and she snapped her head to the side to stare at the other lion.

She was startled, more shocked that he would try to comfort her despite her snapping at him. In a way, it sort of reminded her of her brother trying to comfort her, though his attempts didn't really make her feel better. Neither did this, really. So she scoffed and shook her head.

"It's... it's nothing." She sniffed, looking down at the ground, "Just... stupid Ebere." The last part was muttered under her breathe in a snarled tone, but already, she could feel herself draining of her fury, being replaced with a despondent feeling.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:10 am
MangoMeow

Mgbamizu shook his head. Obviously what was going on wasn't nothing. He knew growing adolescent's hormones were bad (having gone through them, and having two sisters do so as well), but there was always a small kernel of what it stemmed from.

His frowned increased when Naani started to elaborate a bit more. "Ebere...?" That was the boy from N'anya, wasn't it? Mgbamizu tried to rack his brain on what the other kid looked like, falling short. He did not normally mingle with the younger kids, but there were so few pride members that it was hard not to have met someone.

"Boys his age are pretty stupid." Mgbamizu agreen with Naani. "What did he do to make you so upset? Do I need to go talk to him for you?" The brown lion said, a hint of a joke in his words. He had done it before when he was younger, and bachelor lions 'hurt' his sisters' feeling. It was what brothers did.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:36 pm
Naani gave a grunt, not quite willing to admit to what happened, but also too wound up to not want to rant about it. She argued internally for a moment - after all, she barely knew Mgbamizu. He was just another face in the pride - but in the end, her need to rant won out.

The lioness let out a huff, shaking her head. "I doubt he'd listen. I've been trying for weeks to get him to stop. To just-" she hiccupped, "just leave me alone, but he keeps coming over with that stupid grin on his face, and those stupid gifts, and-and that stupid hopeful look...." And okay, maybe at least part of those gifts and that aforementioned look had been a little endearing, but it was also super confusing! And annoying, when all she wanted was to slink off by herself, to be alone to wallow in her loneliness.

Of course, the real reason for her fury came back to her then, causing her fur to bristle angrily. "And then- then he has the gall to, to say he can replace the family I'd lost!" She growled, "How dare he?!" Naani sobbed again between her snarled words, "M-my parents can't be-" She broke off with a whine then, unwilling to continue her sentence.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:40 pm
MangoMeow

Mgbamizu nodded as Naani spoke, ears pinning back against his skull. Adolescent drama...he was glad his sisters and he were out of that stage (now they just had to deal with adult drama, which was maybe five percent better).

"Maybe he just needs to hear it from another male?" He could see where Ebere was coming from. He was just trying to court Naani, but seemed to not know how to take 'no' as an answer. With few adolescents in the pride, he was sure that was why he was so persistent. Mgbamizu frowned. "Sounds like he likes you. Have you told him you don't feel the same way? Or...that you are not ready to feel the same way?" Mgbamizu felt like a parent. He did not have children of his own, nor a father-figure in his life. Was he saying the right things?

The brown lion shook his head at her next words. "Family definitely can't be replace. Maybe he just meant...that there is room to add to the family." He tried to reason with the Naani. "My father can't either." He did not know what she was going to say, but wanted to express he too had lost a parent, granted, Naani had it worse. But, he wanted to show her she should not feel alone with her emotions.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:38 am
"I would've, had he stuck around long enough to let me. He'd just appear out of nowhere, drop something at my feet and then bolt!" Naani snorted and shook her head, "I didn't even know what he was doing, until he outright proposed to me an hour ago!" She snarled, "And that was while saying he could 'give me a new family'."

She didn't want to admit that Mgbamizu perhaps had a point, or that her own anger was starting to go down to a simmer after being able to talk about it. Hurt still bloomed in her chest, though she wasn't sure anymore if it was from the argument with Ebere or lingering from her parents absence. She was about to snap back about how he still should have known better, but stilled her tongue when she recalled that the other lion had also lost a parent, and probably at least knew partially how she was feeling.

Instead, she just turned her head away stubbornly. Ebere should have known better! They'd barely spoken to each other since they were cubs, and if he was soooo determined to prove himself worthy, he shouldn't be so reckless about it! Her mind brought her back to the memories of the fight, and she scoffed as she remembered that last "gift".

And it was then that she remembered her own challenging words back. Slowly, her ears pulled back against her skull, and Naani couldn't help but wonder.... He was so determined... He wouldn't actually....

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:13 am
MangoMeow

"Hmm..." Mgbamizu hummed. Typical. It seemed Ebere did not quite know how love work. The ladies could not just be bought with gifts for their return of love.

"Next time, you be the one to approach him. He may see it at a different light - and maybe..." ("Just a small maybe." Mgbamizu added quietly, "he will understand." The brown lion was not good at this comforting others or trying to figure out adolescent's mind set. He hoped whatever Naani would decide she do so in a manner that would not leave either of them upset.

Mgbamizu's nose twitched as she looked away, her ears pinning to her skull. "Don't let him get you upset, Naani." The male said, rising to his feet.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:16 am
Naani glanced at the other lion as he spoke, though didn't turn her face towards him. If she had, her expression likely would have given away the sudden worry that had cropped up. Instead, she simply hummed in response, claws sinking absentmindedly into the ground.

"I'll.... I'll try." She sighed, her short mane billowing next to her nose. She wasn't sure if she was agreeing to speak to him or agreeing to not let me him to her.

Maybe it was a good idea to go to the catacombs later, just to make sure... If Ebere showed up - but why would he? It was suicide going in there, and he wasn't THAT reckless.... right? But if he DID, maybe she should say something. She... she didn't know what. Tell him to give up? Apologize? She scowled at the thought. For as much as her anger was subsiding, she was still mad over what he'd said. She didn't think she needed to apologize for issuing a challenge, let alone one that should be impossible!

She hardly noticed Mgbamizu getting up and beginning to walk away, so focused on her thoughts as she was. She would go tonight, just to see if he went through with it.

KasaiLoki
Maybe end it off with your next post?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:51 am
MangoMeow
fin

Mgbamizu nodded, satisfied with the younger female's answer. She seemed to have calmed down quite a lot, which meant that was the Aguu's time to exit.

With a quick wave of the paw, the brown lion waved a goodbye to the other. "See you around, kid." and he was off. He'd like the adolescent continue to think. If she needed him to intervene, Mgbamizu would do so, but he would not do anything unless prompted to by the other. The Aguu debated where to go. It was getting late in the day, he probably wouldn't get much sightseeing done at the borders. He shrugged as he walked away. There was always tomorrow. He made note to make sure to speak with Naani in the future though, to find out how her current situation was going.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces