Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[CHAL] Bird and Lion (Njia x Valka)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Krysin rolled 5 4-sided dice: 3, 4, 4, 4, 1 Total: 16 (5-20)

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"This is a terrible idea. I can't believe you made me agree to this," Javik was riding on his bonded's back, chastising her right into her ears. They had argued the duration of their journey, and still Njia hadn't changed her mind. If the vulture wasn't so fond of her, he would have abandoned her, but they had been together since they were young. He was very fond of his bonded, and despite the stupid decisions she was making he would stand by her.

He just didn't have to be happy about it.

"I'm not making you, Javik. Anyways, I'm not entirely sure what their stance is on avians, so you want to take off and watch my back from above?" The black and purple lioness suggested with a roll of her eyes. Her companion remained on her back for a few seconds, and then conceded to her will and dove up into the air. The large vulture circled overhead, making long, lazy rotations to survey the pridal lands.

Her nerves threatened to get the better of her now that she was actually here. A male lion had directed her this way and informed her that she had to prove her worth... but she didn't quite know what exactly that entailed. She knew there was a challenge, and she would have to win. Njia roared, announcing her presence. Javik would let her know when someone was on their way.  
AstoriaFallen rolled 5 4-sided dice: 1, 1, 1, 4, 3 Total: 10 (5-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:05 pm
She approached the violet hued female as she wandered towards her prides boarders. A wicked grin was upon her features as she studied the female. Valka towered over most so she was a tad intimidating but that didn't mean this female would be. "Are you lost or are you here to challenge?" She asked firmly of the female as she planted a solid stance.

She sized her up for good measure, she seemed sturdy enough, evenly muscled and toned nicely. She'd definitely do well in the pride if she was able to best her.

"If you're here for a challenge I'm more than willing to see what you're made of." she offered itching to spar with someone new.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:04 pm
Javik cawed out, alerting her to the fact that someone was on their way. Njia took a seat and waited until the form of a dark lioness appeared in the distance. At the lioness' question, Njia bowed her head, "A challenge." She got the impression that those who did not come here for a challenge put themselves into a perilous position. The young lioness was not one of them. She had every intention of fighting her way into this pride and break the chains her family had put on her.

She loved them, but it was time to make a name for herself and find her own place in the world. She could not do that from behind her mother's shadow. If she hadn't stepped away from her family when she had, it was likely that she never would have. "I would appreciate it if you would take me on." Njia glanced up to the sky then, noting that Javik was circling lower. She flicked her head to the side, signaling the bird off from his intentions.

Javik wanted to help, but this was something Njia had to do on her own. "Come at me, then, and let me prove my worth to you."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am
Krysin

She smiled, yes. This was exciting, finally someone to duel with. She hoped the female proved herself well.

"Ask no more." She took a moment to look her over and charged the female, she reached out with a solid swing but came up empty. Things were looking good for the female so far.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:02 am
AstoriaFallen

Things happened a little too quickly - she did not expect the lioness to jump right into the duel. If Javik hadn't cawed a warning, that blow certainly would have landed. Having the vulture on her side was an obvious advantage for Njia, especially since Javik's influence remained unknown. Was it unfair? Probably. The black and purple lioness even wanted to do this on her own, but she couldn't stop Javik from issuing his warning. She would be a fool not to heed it.

Njia lashed out, her paw striking against the other lioness' shoulder, hoping to slow the next attempt at an assault and perhaps change momentum towards her favor. Njia was not a skilled warrior, but there was a certain amount of intuition the lioness possessed.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:14 am
Krysin

Her familiar was handy to have it would seem and the lioness landed a solid blow on her flank after she had missed her first swing at the female. Valka spun to try and counter and came up short once again. This wasn't like her since she was fairly good with her duels but it would seem fate was in favor of the female she was dueling.

She thought then about possibly getting a thrall or two in the future, maybe a familiar companion. She wasn't sure why this duel was making her think about it, but there she was, contemplating her future.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:18 am
AstoriaFallen

Njia wondered briefly if the lioness was taking it easy on her, because the next blow that came her way was easy to dodge. She did not need Javik warning her overhead to be prepared for the lioness' next attempt at an assault. Njia had never fought another lion before - sure she had warded of hyenas and even leopards before, but she had never competed in an actual test of strength against another. That she was managing to hold herself well against her opponent was both surprising and empowering.

She didn't want to slip up and lose now. The lioness darted to the side, quickly circling Valka to land another hard blow against the lioness' back. Like hunting prey, she tried to move herself into Valka's blind spot. It would be easier for Njia to act, and far more difficult for Valka to predict just what she was going to do next.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:00 am
Krysin

At least she was landing solid blows, meant she'd handle herself well once inside the pride. It seemed like she was going to come out victorious in the end but that wasn't a bad thing.

Honestly valka was just having an off day because she was genuinely trying but just comping up short no matter what she did. Moving in for a third strike at her shoulder she did her best to land a good blow but came up light pawed.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 am
AstoriaFallen

Another blow came up short for Valka, and Njia barely felt the touch of Valka's toes as the lioness swiped at her. Njia was just beginning to feel the flow of battle, her confidence rising with every dance of paws and lashes against the other. Fighting still wasn't her forte, but she hadn't really come to the Stormborn to be a fighter. This was her escape from her family. The pride was strong and capable, if they would have her, she'd build a life here for herself.

What she actually did when she made it in was a question she had yet to answer, and perhaps that distraction was the reason why her next blow was perfectly met by Valka. They clashed together, both landing equal blows to one another. Njia hadn't exactly come up short against the other lioness, but the exchange was certainly no victory.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:30 am
Krysin

This next blow was a solid match for match with Njia, which was a nice change of pace from her earlier misses. With this boost of confidence she pushed forward and landed a solid blow across her shoulder and the female came up short, however she had landed enough blows on Valka to win approval into the pride.

"Well Met Sister." She said taking a step back looking at her. "You and your companion are welcome into the pride as freeborn. If you like I'd be more than welcome to show you around?" She offered wanting to know the female a little more.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:51 am
AstoriaFallen

It was over, and the rush of adrenaline still coursed through her as Valka called an end to their challenge. Njia stepped back, her chest heaving with loud breaths from the exertion of the fight. Overhead Javik circled anxiously. He could see well enough from above her, but the view he had from above sometimes left out details. It was entirely possible that Njia was a little injured and not showing it. His bonded was all he had, and he would have been petrified if harm actually befell her.

"Thank you," Njia answered with a small smile. "I would like that," she continued, and with another small exchange of pleasant words she followed the reaver into her new pride.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:02 pm
"Follow me." She said as she led the way into the pride's lands.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas