belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:36 pm
User Image

Mazuri had been looking at all of the lions in the pride for a very long while. She felt uncomfortable with it at first, the notion of suddenly trying to have cubs, but she had felt a sense of urgency within her. If she didn't take the chance now, when so many males were available to her, maybe she wouldn't get the chance at all.

Which is why when she set out, she decided to not be picky. She wanted to choose the first available male. She wasn't worried about having to raise the cubs without their father around, should she find someone who didn't care to play a part, but she also didn't mind the notion of having another's influence on the cubs.

Really, she just felt the urge to have them and soon. So she had started off and walked around until she found one of the eligible males. It was hard not to see him, for grey still wasn't exactly common in the Bonelands. She approached him, her ears perked and her expression reserved. She remembered him, his name was Faust, right?

"I'd very much like to mother your cubs." She said to him as soon as she was within range. Let whoever heard her gossip, she just wanted to get this over with. "Are you interested?"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:49 pm
User ImageFinally the great migration had ended and the Bonelands were starting to settle into their 'new' home. There were those in the pride that remembered this place from the past so it wasn't completely new to some, but to the majority of those younger lionesses as well as the newly joined rogues it was completely different and new and exciting.

Faust had just returned from a circle of the old border, re-marking trees and rocks to let any passersby know that the Boneland lions had returned, when he was approached by a brown lioness with a dark mask that covered her eyes and the bridge of her nose. He was slowly learning the names of those in the pride and he was pretty sure this was Mazuri, the daughter of one of the former Abaholi.

The question was blunt but not phrased in a way that made him stop short. Instead he blinked slowly, processing the request, before he gave a slow nod.

"If that is what you wish, I would be happy to assist." He had been approached a few times recently about siring cubs and his answer had always been the same. The females decided, after all, not the males, who would sire which cubs.

belloblossom

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:39 pm
Mazuri couldn't quite call herself pleased, but she was relieved that she had found someone so willing, so quickly. Tipping her head to the lion, she nodded.

"Well then, shall we?" She glanced around. She wasn't about to do it where anyone could stumble upon them. She could only imagine how her mother and sisters would gossip, but it they walked some distance away first, that may be more appropriate. "Not here, of course, I mean..." She didn't want to look the stammering fool. "Will you walk with me?" She asked him, indicating with a tip of her head in a direction away from where the lionesses typically grouped together.

SilverLutz
You're more than welcome to have him walk with her and then fade to black in order to continue posting. I figure they can talk more on the way back. xD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:50 am
Faust nodded slightly again as Mazuri spoke and shifted to follow her. She seemed the type to want to do things promptly which was fine with him. Earlier on he might have been hesitant, but he had been here long enough now that he was starting to know the names and faces of those within the pride and he felt more comfortable in his own skin. He trailed after her, letting her choose a secluded area.

---

The sun was starting to set as Faust and Mazuri headed back in the direction of the pride proper, taking their time. This time Faust walked beside the brown lioness rather than behind her as he knew where they were going. That and they had just spent a few hours together so they had time to become more comfortable around one another.

"Why did you approach me over the other males?" he asked curiously, unsure why he had been getting so many requests as of late. He certainly didn't have the darkest mane - he had been told lots of the more traditional lionesses liked that - and he also wasn't the largest. He was quiet, he was sometimes seen as cold and standoffish...and yet he had all sorts of females approaching him for cubs.

belloblossom

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:42 am
Mazuri had her fur ruffled, certainly. She wasn't certain she was the first of her litter sisters to go through this, but she found herself needing to tell them, at least one of them, about her experience. Or perhaps she ought to seek out her mother, Sobala, so she could get a sympathetic ear and a shoulder to lean on.

Whatever the case, it was over now and she let out a sigh of relief from the moment it was. Now that they were walking back to the pride, she felt as though she couldn't get back to her pride sisters soon enough and was awkward in walking in moderate silence. She wasn't sure whether she felt more pressure when it was quiet or when Faust finally broke the silence.

"You seem like the least trouble out of the rest." She answered bluntly. "You don't seem aggressive, which I appreciate and you are often in view. Getting a good look at you, you seemed attractive enough so I approached you." She glanced at him. "I assure you it was nothing more than that." She had heard of lionesses growing romantic attachments to some of the males, only to have them kicked out of the pride at a later date. She was not in danger of this with Faust, though she hoped that she would never have to deal with something as inconvenient as love. She had a love for her father, familial in nature and it had hurt when he had left. She didn't want to feel that hurt with anyone ever again, if she could help it.

"Were you expecting anything else, after joining a pride such as this?" She inquired, somewhat curious about his reply.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:08 pm
Faust listened to the reasons Mazuri gave him, remaining silent until she was done. They were interesting to hear, especially the first one. The least trouble...not aggressive. He hadn't really needed to do much since Khombo had fought off the previous Abaholi and so far he hadn't seen any males wishing to challenge or encroaching on the pride, but he supposed she meant his demeanor. He was certainly the less vocal of the three. He had assumed the lionesses would like a lion that asserted themselves in every situation, but it seemed the opposite was true.

"I was told a darker mane was more attractive so I assumed Umkhombo would be getting most of the requests," he answered truthfully. "Although I was told he does have quite a few relations here." She might have been one of them for all he knew so there was an advantage to bringing in more Abaholi that had never been linked to the pride before.

"Thank you for the answer, though. I've been curious for a while."

The two continued to talk as they made their way back to the pride proper, but a fast-moving lioness cut them off before they got too far. It was Ukufana, one of the Cinga in the pride, and she was panting heavily.

"Umholi Faust, there's a disturbance at the border. Your assistance would be appreciated."

Faust flattened his ears against his head but nodded and motioned for the albino to lead the way. The zebra-cloaked lioness turned and sped off again, leaving Faust to catch up with her quickly. He hoped it wouldn't be anything terribly awful...everything had been going so well today, after all.

[Staff OOC: Special circumstances prevent this RP from reaching 10 posts but the WC is 1307 so it is OK for breedings]  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas