Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:21 pm
User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:46 pm
Bergljot would be lying if she told you his words hadn't spooked her. That was more than apparent by the way all four of her feet left the ground in one quick motion. She placed a paw to her chest and let out a small uneasy laugh. "OK! I won't leave, but you have to promise you're OK!" She was genuinely concerned and well, she didn't want to make him any worse off. But by the looks of it, he was having a hard enough time on his own. "It's just what? What is it?" The words were quick and fewll off her tongue in quick bursts.

Finally he said her name, and she knew something was up, there was just such a strange tone to it. She'd been speaking with him for hours now, and up until this point, he'd been a rock. Now he was melting into a pool of mush. "Yea?" She asked with a gentle air of confusion.

Her words... They were so sweet and so soft... So gentle and so pure. God this was just too much. He HAD to tell her! It was stupid. It was too soon. It was idiotic and sad. It was... Needed. He looked at her and looked down to his claws in the ground. His body was straining. This feeling was so out of the norm for him that it was causing physical implications onto him. Being a 'lady's lion' was always his thing! But not anymore apparently.

"I ummm... My head is spinning. I have said that. It's... Spinning though because... I... Ummm..." This was harder than he had hoped it was going to be. "I have these thoughts... Of you. They are not your average thoughts of whatever we lions think of. Hunts, fresh meat, home." He paused momentarily, trying to gather his thoughts and not make them appear to scattered. "You are... Beautiful. For some reason, you tug at my heart strings and I... I do not understand it. It is confusing me... And I feel so jumbled and... Confused. I am Vaatia! But... I do not feel like Vaatia." His maw frowned slightly. He was so frustrated.

Bergljot was hanging on to his every word as though her life depended upon them. Though she wasn't exactly sure why, she had convinced herself it was because she feared something might be seriously wrong with him. Judging by his outstretched claws, and strained stance, she was probably onto something. But he only served to confirm her theory as he spoke. He was speaking in jumbled sentences, not something he'd done before, and even now he made little sense.

But as she listened her ears began to pick up on exactly what it was he was really trying to say, and her cheeks began to burn just the slightest bit. So there had been something strange about him, though now that she knew what it was, she didn't find it all that strange at all. "Is that so?" Pulling her haunches to the ground she sat facing the male, hoping her words would soothe his volcano of emotions. "Well you still seem like the same Vaatia to me that you were when I met you. Only maybe a bit more on edge." She laughed more freely now, knowing the male would likely not mock her as harshly as he had before. "But that's nothing I haven't seen before. An on edge lion is kind of common place where i'm from." She was veering far from the topic at hand, but intentionally so. She hoped that by simply talking to him as if everything were normal, that he would in turn feel more at ease.

"Tell me Vaatia, what type of thoughts do you truly want to be having right now?" The lioness tilted her head as she questioned him, genuinely curious as to what his answer would be.

His ears twitched when she mentioned his name. It was so soothing... So oddly soothing. Ugghhh... Why?? "What type of thoughts..? Well, umm, you know! Lion thoughts!" He grinned and roared loudly, shaking the trees and their leaves, a few of them falling off in what he liked to imagined was fear. "I am big and I am strong! I am masculine and I am in charge!" He watched the leaves slowly fall to the ground, gently placing themselves down. "I am... I..." He looked up from the ground and at the white and golden lioness in front of him. His gaze got soft and his stance gentle.

"Bergljot... I... I think I'm in love with you..." He stopped and his words echoed in his mind. He had said it. He had done the thing that he didn't want to do. He had confessed. "I am... I'm sorry."

Now it seemed he was beginning to be himself again, she stifled a smile as his roar brought the cowering trees to their knees. The leaves falling in gorgeous patterns all around the two of them. "Lion thoughts?" She wasn't so much amused by his comments, but curious. She supposed she didn't really know what lion thoughts were, #1 since she wasn't a male, #2, Well she'd never really been any good at beign normal. So whatever normal lions thought about ... she definitely didn't.

Whatever she had been expecting it was far from what she received. A gasp escaped the lioness' maw as she allowed her maw to curl into a smile. This is what he'd been so worked up about? So terrified to mention? Well, that cleared things up. "Well what's so wrong with that? Why should you be sorry? That's not how love works!" She paused a moment and had to really think about it. ...."Is it?" She asked in a quieted and hushed tone. Embarrassed that someone might overhear her silly question.

"I don't know!" His blurting out was very abrupt. He blinked his reddish eyes and shook his head, his white mane fluffing up slightly, making him appear even larger than he had before. "I mean... I don't know." Much better volume that time. "I do not understand it. This is not who I am. You are a female. I am not supposed to develop feelings for you. We barely know each other! How can this possibly be how it's supposed to work?"

The white and black lion shook his head once more, his mane swaying from side to side. What was love? How did it work? Was this actually normal and he didn't know? Were you supposed to fall in love with someone you barely knew? Surely it took time, yes? So many questions with very, very little answers. He had a feeling that Bergljot didn't really know much either. He had startled her a couple times now, having noticed in each instance. He felt bad... And he didn't understand why. She was just a lioness! Was she somehow making this hard on him? Was she doing something to make him think and feel this way? She had to be! ...Right?

"I... Don't suppose you know of any of this, do you?" He needed answers and he and she were the only two lions around. "Are you somehow making me feel this way, Bergy?"

She could tell he was beginning to get under his own skin with worry. The idea of him working himself into the type of moods she worked herself into, saddened the lioness and she sat upright once more and leaned her body against Vaatia's. She remembered as a cub, her Mother would soothe her fits by placing her close to her chest. She couldn't place Vaatia against her chest, but she could try to apply the same principle. Bergljot listened to his every worry and tried her best to be the stronger one of the two. It was going to prove ot be quite the feat coming from her, she knew she could never stack up to Vaatia, much as he had already told her. "Well sometimes things just happen!" She offered as her best rational reasoning. "There isn't always a rhyme or reason to it, its just what was meant to be." She shrugged her shoulders gently, still placing her own against Vaatia's side.

When the questions began again, she was taken off guard. She truly had no idea of how to answer his questions. She'd never been in love, and really wasn't sure if this warm fuzzy feeling she felt was love or just being comfortable in her own skin. She had no true way of knowing, having never experienced either. "I - I - I don't know about any of this. But I do know i'm not intentionally making you feel this way. Perhaps you should describe your feeling. It might help me understand if we're feeling the same thing?" She ended her comment with an inflection, because she had absolutely no idea what she was feeling or if his description would help her at all.

That moment that Bergljot leaned against Vaatia's side was so very blissful. He suddenly felt at ease while also feeling frustrated at the same time. It was such an odd sensation and so oddly welcoming as well. He had been on edge for some time now with no real explanation as to why, but the moment that the white and golden lioness leaned into his side, the moment he knew in his heart that he was right. He was in love with her, or at the very least falling in love. Why? He did not know. At least his general suspicions were now correct. A genuine and gentle smile overcame his maw. His smiles before has been just as genuine, but not the level of gentle that this one was. No... This one was the smile of infatuation. He looked down at the body of the lioness that leaned into him, his chest fluttering at just the sight of her. Yes... This was love alright.

"I am feeling... High in the sky. Nervous. Afraid. Infatuated. I can't seem to take my eyes off of you. We have only just met, yet... I feel like if we were to part ways, my heart would break in two and a piece of me would be lost, gone away with you back to your pride of rough and tough lions who kidnap for fun." He winked slyly at her, showing he was just being playful. His rough and gruff attitude was gone, replaced by a more gentle and caring nature.

Her ears listened in earnest to every word he spoke, and with each word she felt a sort of shiver run donw her spine. It was such a recurring shiver that the fur on her spine was beginning to stand on end. She tried to shake it off, but only ended up shoving herself into Vaatia all the more. Which she felt all too OK with, and it seemed he was warming up to the idea as well. "That's." She paused observing what she said before she said it. "That's a lot of feelings swirling around in there." She laughed gently, knowing she felt nearly the same way. Except she wasn't her typical nervous, this seemed like a new sort of nervous. The kind of nervous she was more than happy to have. It was a welcome nervous, a giddy nervous. The kind you get when you're really super excited for something that's going to happen soon. Far, far different than the nervous she felt when she first heard his booming voice fussing at her from the treetops.

"I think ... I think I feel the same. Only maybe a little different. I feel like there are little bees in my tummy. Buzzing away with a happy chatter." She laughed at her own silly description. "They make my chest want to rumble in unison." She allowed herself to lean into the lion a bit more and continued. "There! See?" She laughed a bit as she began to purr. It might not mean much to Vaatia now, but to her it was monumental. She couldn't remember the last time she had purred! Yet here she was, with this strange male, purring her fur off!

"Life is strange, don't ya think?" She paused letting the words flow freely. "One minute i'm cowering in your presence, and the next i'm purring on your shoulder." She continued to listen to everything Vaatia said, just allowing herself to notice the gentle change in tone. "You really think you're ready to be kidnapped?" She joked, rubbing the male in the chest with her paws. "Or would you rather come as my partner in crime?"

"Pffft." Vaatia snorted, growling lowly. "I still stand by what I said. I would win in any kind of fight against you. Especially with those bees you have in there. Such annoying little distractions." He gently nudged into the side of his newfound kitten love, nipping gently at her ear in a playful way. He hadn't realized before just how either large of a lion he was or how small of a lioness she was. Either way, he liked it. The size difference wasn't too much and wasn't an annoyance. It was a good compromise on both of their ends.

"You do bring up a good point though." He paused for a moment, thinking over her words in his head. She felt the same. That was good! That was very good. He wasn't alone in this odd newfound experience. His expression grew solemn. "I am a rogue by nature. I have never had a home. I have always been alone. I do not know how to cope with other lions, much less be with another." He paused again, unsure about how to go about anything between the two of them. "I... Would enjoy continuing to be in your presence, but I do not know how to go about it."

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items