Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:10 pm
User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:40 pm
The more this male talked, the more and more confused she became. It was as if he wanted her to not know what was going on around her. But that wasn't true, there was no way anyone would want another this confused over something silly. He must not realize how confusiong his actions are, she assumed as she remembered back to the male's of the pride who knew not how to show the emotions correctly. "You are a strange lion to get a reading on." She blurted out somewhat unexpectedly, though it was none the less true. She still wavered in her speech as she watched the male walk circles around her. "If I can't even understand your mind, there's no way I could best you in battle. Though it is OK to imagine isn't it?" She chided lightly as she spoke to him, her words all the while carrying a tinge of the spook he had last instilled in her. She imagined he still wouldn't want her to think that way, but as intriguing as he was, she still wanted to. As she watched him continue his slow circle around her, it only made her all the more shocked by his compliment. After all, she had assumed he was circling her like prey. Not like something he found attractive. "Oh?" She mused lightly, swimming through her own mind for something to respond with, sadly she was coming up empty. "Well that's quite unexpected of you. But thank you, i've never really looked at myself of something others would enjoy looking at."

He had stopped momentarily when she blurted out her 'strange lion' remark, cocking his head to the side. As if she wasn't a strange lion herself? He shook his head, getting back to the more current matter at hand.

"No?", he questioned. "Well why not? Your coat is quite fine. It has beautiful colors. It's almost like you're two lions, or you're wearing the top coat of another. It really is quite a sight to be seen you know." He knew his sweet talking was only going to get him so far. However, he had truth behind it! It wasn't all fancy, mushy stuff. Her pelt was unlike any he had ever seen. It was as if stars were falling onto warm sand. It truly was marvelous to him.

He once again began to walk around her, trying to do it in a more... Relaxed fashion. He didn't want to scare her away. That was his last intent, surely. "Even if I am a strange lion, is that such a bad thing? To not be able to read another? Surely it's quite rude to be able to know what another is intending on doing or saying."

Bergljot shrugged off his question, as she tried to think of an answer. "I don't know, to be truthful, I have a twin sister, identical in fact. I've always thought of her as beautiful and admirable, but I don't see the same in myself. I guess I just don't give myself enough credit?" She ended the comment in what could be taken as a question, but really it was just the way she thought of the situation. As Vaatia went on with his vividly descriptive words, the lioness began to feel her blood warming in her cheeks. She'd never had anyone speak to her in the way and well, she kinda liked it. "I've never heard my pelt described that way before." She paused a moment to soak in the description she had been given. "Now that i've seen sand for myself, I guess I can agree with you. " She smiled albeit bashfully to herself. "I don't think being a strange lion could ever be a bad thing. After all, I think your behavior is interesting at the very least." She didn't respond to his late comment though, instead choosing to mull it over. Where she came from, being able to predict the other's next move was crucial to your survival. But here it seemed, it was looked upon as rude or creepy.

"A twin sister? Surely she cannot be as gorgeous as you are." Vaatia could sense that something was... Changing. Bergljot was showing signs of enjoying their conversation and his kind words. He didn't think he would be able to get through to the lioness that easily, but if it meant possibly getting more on his part... "I am sure that you are the far more beautiful of the two of you, dear Bergy. Your personality has a lot to do with it, you know? Perhaps your sister is more... Combat based? Like the rest of your pride? If so, then you are without a doubt the fairest."

Vaatia's words were even beginning to surprise him! Yes yes, he had flirted with lionesses in the past, but this? This was beginning to go somewhere he did not usually tread. He had lines for himself, afterall. Flirting was one thing, to gain the trust of another with kind and soothing words. This though? This was more than that... And he wasn't sure of what to make of it. Was he...? No... He couldn't be... Falling in love... The white and black lion stopped circling, once again in front of the white and golden lioness. He eyed her carefully, confused by his own thoughts. His masked face probably showed his confusion as well, as it was beginning to overwhelm him.

Bergljot listened tohis every word, wanting to cling to the things he said, but also trying her best to let them fall on loose ears. From her short stay with the lion she knew he could be wishy washy with his words, and also that she never really knew when he was being sincere. Therefore, she felt it best to not take him too seriously for the time being. But he was proving to make it quite the challenge. There weren't many people who spoke upon her favorably, and even fewer of them were males. His toxic compliments were making her a little anxious as he prowled around her. "She is though." She spoke solemnly, her ears lowering further as she mumbled the defeated words. "At least, that's what others say, we look exactly alike though." She didn't understand, she never really had. But maybe her attractiveness was based on her personlity as Vaatia said. "She ... definitely has a different personality than me. She's far better at combat than I am, and well, everything really." The anxiety was building in the poor female the longer she sat still. Her tail began mindlessly flicking back and forth. Whcih oddly, seemed to somewhat help.

She focused on her tail just enough to ease her jitters before turning her attention back to the male who had held her captive with his words. "I would say you have to say that, but I guess that's not really true is it?" She offered a weak smile, trying to push the image from her far superior sister from her head. "Though I would be silly if I didn't say, I really *really want to believe them." She had kept her eyes on Vaatia the entire time, watching his reactions to the things she spoke. Someone long ago had told her, you could always tell a liar by looking them straight in the eyes. She'd never really had need to exercise the idea, but somehow now felt like the perfect opportunity.
But as she looked into those eyes, she noticed something there that hadn't been there in his previous bouts of conversation. There was a look of .... was it confusion? No, probably pain, but then she hadn't noticed him get injured. So what exactly was going through the larger male's eyes and mind as he listened to her words. "I-Is everything ok Vaatia? You look worried ... or hurt? Did I say something to upset you?"

The large white and masked lion just... Sat there. His ears flicked as he heard Bergljot's voice speak to him, but he was so lost within his own mind and his own confusing thoughts that he didn't quite pay attention and hear what she was saying to him. She had a twin. Her own words confirmed it. Beauty wasn't everything of course, but to see the gorgeousness of the lioness sitting in front of him.. Times two? Still though... She spoke of her sister in the very faintest of terms. It seemed that the two of them were not very twin-like, other than in appearance. By all definitions they were their own selves, even if it was like looking into a mirror for them. Still, appearances were not everything. Just because you shared the exact appearance of another did not mean that the two of you were anything alike.

Vaatia's reddish eyes caught the slick flick off to the side of Bergljot's tail. She was nervous. That he could tell. He seemed to of made her feel a lot of different emotions in their short time together. In the beginning, he could of cared less. She was just some female who was easy prey, wandering through a forest that she did not know. She was easy to trick and easy to spook. She seemed to have very little confidence in herself, even though she boasted about coming from a combat-based pride that took great joy in their lands and their practices. She was, for all intents and purposes, a coward. But... The more and more that Vaatia talked with the lioness and got to know more about her past and her family, the more he... No. No, no, no. No? Right? He shook his head, a black paw coming up to his forehead and resting upon it. What was happening to him?

"I... I am fine. I'm not hurt. I'm just... My head is spinning." He left it at that. No need to speak his mind before he could even begin to understand it.

His head was ... spinning? She'd heard of many different types of ailments over her years of watching all the Reavers wandering to and fro from the Roguelands and beyond. But spinning was definitely a new word choice for the female, which to be perfectly honest - kinda had her worried. Her nervous tail flicking picked up once again as she spring to her feet to get a closer look at Vaatia's pupils. They were slightly dilated, but nothing she would ever concern a medic with. Though, she still wasn't quite sure what could be causing his strange ailment. Tilting her head from one side to the next, she mulled over his comment in her head. "Spinning huh?" Her tail swatted the male in the side as she absent mindedly flicked it to and fro.

"I've never taken care of someone who's head has spun before." She'd not mentioned it to Vaatia that she was somewhat of a worry wart when someone near her go ill. But then, she didn't find it especially important to add, as he had not asked about her life in that manner. "Can you tell me how it feels?"

"It feels... Weird. I don't know. I... I don't recall feeling this way, ever." His black paw clung to his head, his claws unsheathing slightly. This was not comfortable. This was not... Normal. Not for him. Why was this happening? Shaking his head, he removed his paw and placed it back upon the ground, putting a smile on his maw. am.. Okay. I am okay! I am okay." was repeating himself now and he knew it was obvious that he was not okay, but he hoped that she didn't notice. "My mind is just... Suddenly not where I am used to it being. I am fine, Bergy-dear."

Maybe this was his queue to leave? Maybe he was overstaying his welcome with this... Beautiful female. Why was he still sticking around at all? It's not like they were friends or she was interesting. She was just some chick who came from a strange land with large rocky formations. So what? He had better things to do! ...Like lie in a tree and do nothing. Yea. That.

She stepped away at his words, but was now solely convinced that something was wrong. Though she knew better than to approach someone who needed space. It was ... not the brightest of ideas by a long shot. She took a few extra steps back as both a precaution and a courtesy. Y-You're sure ... right? I only ask because you don't seem it." The words left her mouth just as he began to explain just what was wrong. "Oh, I see, I can leave if you'd like. I don't want to become a bother to you! Besides, you were trying to take a nap! I could leave so you could! A-And then you'd feel better right?" She wasn't entirely confident in her hypothesis, but she was willing to do whatever it took in order to have him more at ease.

Of course in her panic it had taken a moment for his words to sink it. 'Bergy-dear'. It was a rather endearing title for someone who seemed so stoic and ferocious only a few hours ago. But she couldn't say it shocked her either, he seemed to be quite the nice guy once they began to share a little about each other with one another. In fact, she could now say for definite that she would gladly spend more time with him if she ever had the choice. After all, he just wasn't that good with first impressions.

"No! Please don't leave." What the hell was that? "I mean... Please don't leave because... I am usually alone. The company has been... Nice. I feel that if you leave, I will be in a worsened state." He cracked another smile upon his maw, but his unsheathed claws that dug into the grassy forest ground below showed him fighting. This needed to stop. Now. "I ummm... It's just..." Should he say it? She did look... Confused, and legitimately concerned. How would she take it? Was it too soon? Was it weird? It was definitely weird...

Word Count: 2,359

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers