Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP] Fire in the soul (Brisingr x Ruzski )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:24 pm
User Image

The dark and orange cub darted forth from her den. She was super excited mainly because she was old enough that she didn't need supervision ALL of the time. Just every now and again. Right now she was going to go see if anyone had brought back any thralls from their vikings. Not that she thought they'd look any different than just your average pride member but still. She was curious to know who capture who out on their trips sometimes.

Every now and again they'd bring back fancy treasures or neat trinkets. Which she liked to admire from afar. She wasn't sure she'd ever go reaver herself, though she really wasn't sure as to what she wanted to do within the pride. She definitely wanted to do something worthwhile though.

It was just a matter of what.

Giving a shrug she figured she had all the time in the world to actually figure that out. Right now she wanted to see if there were any Reavers or Captains back with their booty.

Princess Feylin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:47 pm
User Image

It wasn't that Ruzski didn't know how to be a father. Aarre was still his darling daughter, and he was so very proud of her choice to become a reaver, but she really seemed to be the only one of his cubs with whom he had succeeded in bonding, despite his best efforts with his most recent litter. Of course, things could be a little rocky between him and his youngest cubs' mother, but he and Kazul were in a pretty good place, all things considered. There was no reason why Peril should be mad at him all the time.

Well, except for the fact that Peril was a teenager and that's what teenagers did. Ruzski could certainly remember his constant anger at everything and everyone when he had been a teenager. That was probably the problem, the former warlord decided as he ambled through the pride.

Because he had been thinking about his cubs, he was maybe a little more aware of the youths of the pride than usual, and so a dark cub with markings like a grin of molten stone caught his eye. He watched with suddenly sharpened awareness as the girl went about her business, not making any effort to be surreptitious in his observation of the black-furred cub. He wanted to see what she would do.

AstoriaFallen
Thank you for starting this. I'm sorry it took me so long to get to it. Work got stupid.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:30 pm
Princess_Feylin
No worries, and you're welcome! Sorry it took me so long to tag you back on the other rp R I P

She had heard some tales and seen some of the older lions with mangled faces and scars upon their bodies. She wanted to hear some wild story about a feral beast they had happened upon or even captured and brought back as a tamed slave.

Her mind was definitely taking her away from some of the realities of their travels.

While there were others mingling about that day one stood out to her and it would seem he had noticed her as well. It was almost like she could feel she was being watched but hadn't been one hundred percent sure it had been him.

Tossing her white hair from her orange gaze she peered towards the older male curiously for a moment. He looked like he had a tale or two to tell. Even though he didn't have a haul or anything with him.

She had yet to realize who he actually was given she hadn't met anyone outside of her family just yet. "Do you have any brave feats to share?" She questioned him curiously as she approached, unafraid.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:24 pm
Well, he'd been spotted. Since he'd made no attempt to be subtle, Ru supposed he shouldn't be bothered that his regard had been noted. Mostly, he was a little miffed that he didn't appear to have spooked the cub even a little. He had once been very good at unsettling people with just his eyes. But it had been some time since he'd had to do that, or even felt much inclined toward it.

"I might," he allowed with a grin that was definitely wicked. He did like to tell stories.

Clearly the cub had no idea that she was speaking to a former warlord who had once completed a quest that was supposed to be impossible in order to clear his name of an offense he had not actually committed. He saw no reason to fill her in on all the details of his significance to the pride's recent history. She'd probably been born after he lost his warlordship, and thus had no reason to recognize him.

Ru wondered absently if this cub wanted to grow up to be like Warlord Svana. There was definitely a fearlessness to her that spoke of a proper Stormborn upbringing.

"All old lions like me have brave feats though. Why don't you tell me about some of yours?"

AstoriaFallen
No worries. I dropped off the planet anyway. I'm trying to fix that.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:55 pm
Princess_Feylin
It happens <3

He didn't seem at all concerned about her being alone and she liked that. Then again she also wasn't walking around with her tail tucked nor was she running a muck like a banshee.

She was a very proper young lady for the most part that would tear your head off if given the chance.

She was fun, this one.

Whipping her tail behind her to curl around a hind leg for a brief second she took the time to size him up and then gave a small nod of her head. "I once defeated a scale faced foe with sharp claws and fangs so sharp they could cut you by looking at them." Obviously that was a bit of an exaggeration.

"Or I could tell you about the time I I single pawedidly swiped some of the best treasure around from an enchantress." Clearly her Aunt was not an enchantress and obviously her mind had a way of running away with her.

She hoped he liked the fun versions more than the hard facts that she beat a komodo dragon or that she stole mint from her aunts garden.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:03 pm
Ru knew the beginnings of a tall tale when he heard one. He could almost remember being a cub and hearing the tales his mother used to tell, which were convoluted and full of mistaken identities and betrayals and magic and wickedness. The Stormborn told such tales, too. It was a respected talent in this pride.

"So if you couldn't look at the scale-faced foe without its sharp claws and fangs cutting you with just the look of them, how did you defeat it?" he asked, choosing the story more likely to grant him plausible deniability in case any of the pride's priestesses came up with a complaint about things missing. He assumed "enchantress" translated to "priestess" and he preferred not to get on their bad sides.

There was also the fact that he could probably counter the cub's tale with the actually-true story of how he led a band and made a deal with the god of fish to win a tooth from a sea monster. It had led to him swearing never to eat fish again after that point, which was easier said than done in a pride like the Stormborn, but not a terrible sacrifice. Ru preferred land game anyway.

AstoriaFallen
I've got to turn in for the night, but I'll do my best to keep replying tomorrow.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:28 pm
Princess_Feylin
No worries, we could wrap it up in the next two posts if you wanted to end it quickly. ^^

Also, everyone would be more than willing to help relocate images and everything else <3 We have all had to deal with the PB fiasco <3 <3 <3

She was extremely pleased that he went along with her words. Giving a wicked grin she got closer to him and hunched over and beckoned for him to get close, as if she was about to tell him a the secret of all secrets.

"I kicked up some dust so it couldn't see me nor I it." The tale was getting intense, how do you defeat something you can't see? Luckily she had the upper paw with the situation. "Even though I was 'blind' to the enemy I could still hear it breathing and moving around." She said in a rather suspenseful tone.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:52 pm
Ru obediently moved in closer, dropping into a sphinx-like crouch so that his ears and face were about as close to the cub as they could get. He was definitely listening to her story with nearly full attention. Some of his attention he spared for his surroundings because that was just common sense, but that was mostly unconscious awareness rather than actual attention. For all intents and purposes, Ru was riveted on the cub's tale.

"Good strategy," he agreed upon hearing her trick with the dust.

And, in truth, he was not unimpressed by what she had to say for herself. Her strategy for fighting something she couldn't look at was a sound one, none too different from what a good reaver ought to do should they find themselves in a similar scenario, although it seemed unlikely to Ru that most reavers would find themselves facing an opponent they couldn't look at. Couldn't see maybe, but that was something different.

"So how did you defeat it once you'd protected yourself from seeing it?" he prompted.

AstoriaFallen
Since this RP's for purge purposes, we should probably shoot for a quick wrap-up so that I can spend whatever time remains after we finish putting together the required yearly meta. Hurray for breytast vindar.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:43 pm
Princess_Feylin

While she wasn't too impressed about her next answer it was still a win in her book. "Well, you see. We were standing near a ravine." She crouched low, as if she was about to reenact the final blow. "So I pounced with paws outward and shoved it over the side." She pounced into the male as if to show how she had done it.

"And that was how I beat my foe." She said with a proud nod of her head as she sat on her haunches with a very pleased expression upon her face.

While it was sort of a dirty way to win it still counted. Plus she hadn't wanted to get bit by it, Gods only knew what kind of suffering she'd of gone through had that happened. She'd heard stories.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:39 pm
Had Ru been human, his reaction to the cub's assertion that they were standing near a ravine would have been raised eyebrows. Lacking that facility, he was restricted to a tail twitch of astonishment. While there were numerous sheer drops to be found around the Stronghold, none of them really qualified as ravines in Ru's opinion. Of course, a cub might have different ideas about what a ravine was. He was actually pretty impressed she'd known the word at all.

"That's a good win," Ru congratulated her. "Your family should be proud to have such a shrewd iron-blooded fighter."

It didn't occur to him to wonder how much of the story was based in truth. He assumed it was entirely fabricated. Had he known about the presence of a komodo dragon in or around the pride, he would have taken care of it in an equally lethal way. A bite from one of those buggers could kill a full-grown lion. They weren't safe to have around the pride where cubs might encounter them.

"I should be going, but tell me your name. When you're older, if you decide you want to go a-viking, come looking for Captain Ruzski. I'll take you on in my band." It was fairly safe to assume the cub wouldn't remember his offer, but if she did, Ru was willing to stand by it. He'd not been properly viking in a long time, it seemed.

AstoriaFallen
Omigosh thank you for powering through this RP with me.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:45 pm
Princess_Feylin
OF COURSE!!

She was pleased that he was impressed with her win. While most of it was fabricated like the eyes that could kill with one look she had really been foolish in a way to take it on but she figured someone had to before it accidentally bit someone.

She looked at him with wide eyes at his words. "I'm Brisingr and I'll definitely keep that in mind Captain Ruzski." She said saying his name so she could keep it in her memory better. This was her first time meeting a Captain so she counted herself lucky to of told him quite a tale. Even if some of it was exaggerated.

"I have to home now though! Bye!" She said dashing away.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games