Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:45 pm
User Image
Ali-dido had been here once before and a strange flower enthused female had been his guide. The terrain had changed since then and more flowers were in bloom than before. He imagined that Kukesha`usiku was having the time of her life with the colorful changes that had taken place. The scenery took his breath away, like it had before, he didn't have a purpose to this trip except to enjoy himself. Perhaps sneak in another trip to the sparkling ocean before circling back to visit his family in the Nchi.

While the plans danced about in his mind he continued on. The family he planned to visit had grown significantly. He'd been lucky to see so many little faces, now he just needed to learn names.

His paw caught a thick root drawing an unceremonious 'oof' out of him as he stumbled a small amount. "I'll never be used to this ground cover." He mumbled.

Andranis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:46 pm
User Image

"Perhaps, then, you should watch where you walk." Practically melting out of the trees, Puzzle watched this lion he had yet to meet before with eyes as bright a blue as a winter sky. He regarded the strange lion, with his markings that even Puzzle might consider odd. "What brings you to this jungle, friend? Be careful with your answer, the trees have eyes everywhere." Even with their insanity brew, there were still plenty of lions abound who wouldn't drink it, most from the time after his mother's blessing or curse, what it was depending on who you asked, had vacated the lands. He knew, as one of the ruling lions, and with at least one of the seers increasingly warning about strangers, there was an increased presence of Patrons watching him.

Ctrl F Greenie

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:01 am
"Oh!"

The green lion didn't hide away his startled sound anymore than the way his eyes widened as the lion seemed to roll in like an unsubtle fog. His golden gaze fell over the individual with piqued interest and in a moment his thought filled with a single question, were these lions always some shade of blue? Both of his encounters had him started out alarmed now and he could only hope this one would go as well as the other ended, but nothing was guaranteed. "Good advice to give." He remarked and steadied himself in the process.

"Visiting." He admitted casually as he peered about. Ali knew he wouldn't see the eyes in the woods the lion spoke of, not that they weren't there, but more that they could come and go through the jungle without disturbing the area. It was impressive and startling all in the same go. "I've been here once before. A lioness guided me through the land and towards the ocean." He gave a small smile. "This time I had hoped to see a little more of the jungle itself." If he had learned anything during his travels it was that honesty saved lives. Whether it got him kicked out or not would be a whole other problem in itself.

It was during his last statement that he noticed the way this lion carried himself - he also knew there was a pride nearby - who could this lion be to that pride? Curiosity had begun to poke at the back of his mind, but he silenced it for the moment.

"I'm Ali-dido."

Andranis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:27 pm
Puzzle regarded the lion with a mixture of curiosity and caution. "I see..." He let out a low whistle, seemingly to himself, a product of thought, before he nodded toward the sea with his head. "Perhaps I will walk with you to the sea? I'm afraid there's not much to see in the jungle, not so easily and not without being a lost in it all." He paused. "Well, not lost in the jungle as a whole, it's a bit too small for that, but lost to everything there is to look at."

The striped lion paused again, one paw up, before he looked Ali-dido over. "You may call me Puzzle." If there was one thing that had been impressed well upon him from cubhood, it was that your real name had to be guarded for safety. Every lion that interacted with outsiders used an outside name, a name to hide behind, and possibly give a hint at who you were on a personality-based level. Perhaps it was as close to the origins of lions taking names that any pride got to...

Ctrl F Greenie

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:21 am
Exercizing his right to remain silent while the other got a good look of him seemed like the right idea. In time it continued to prove that way as the other appeared in thought more often than not. "Really?" He couldn't hide the baffled expression if he wanted too. The jungle wasn't much to behold if this was truly all it had to offer - or was this a ploy to get rid of him? Then the explanation had him nodding in understanding. "Well that's fine I suppose. One day I think I may be willing to get lost, as you so nicely put it, in the jungle. She seems worth the fight, so to speak." He chuckled to himself and wondered briefly how lost one could truly get. Would it trap a lions mind forever?

"It's nice to meet you, Puzzle." He said with a grin and a head tilt. Trying to recall the previous lioness' name suddenly became difficult - he was usually so good at it. Had she given a name? "Well, which way to the ocean then?" He asked curiously. Sure he had been down this road before, but the jungle seemed to change like some trick in his mind. No two paths would be the same to him at this point.

Andranis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:25 pm
Looking the green lion over as he started to walk, Puzzle smiled slightly, "I could say the same of you, Ali-dido." He pushed through brush, seeming to vanish a couple times as he moved. As a lion born and raised in the Kizingo'zaa lands, Puzzle knew every bush, tree, rock, and twig, every path was well memorized and every hiding spot known. As one of the rulers, it was also effective, as he could find errant cubs easily, or help Flower Lord point patrons to a spot to hide for an ambush.

As the sounds of the ocean grew louder over the din of jungle life, he glanced again at the moth-marked lion. "Where about are you from, Ali-dido? You're a stranger in these lands, I know only that much, but what is your point of origin?"

Ctrl F Greenie

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:10 pm
A frank smile pulled at the corners of his lips as they started to walk in what he could only assume was the direction of the ocean. "Point of origin." He thought about the question after rephrasing it to himself. His true point of origin had been the roguelands with his family. Then he fought his way for a new home - the question seemed even more loaded as he considered his family within the Nchi`mahadhi and even more so as he considered Yai, whom he left behind the Pridelands.

"I hail from the Myrsky Syntynyt." He finally responded after his eyes adjusted to find the lion in amidst the trees and bushes that seemed to camouflage him so well. "I'm certainly a stranger here. Only one other time have I seen these jungles and at that point it had been a touch less floral." He finished speaking in time to hear the sound of the ocean pushing and pulling at the shore. The cry of birds over head and the immense smell of water, sand, and moist foliage.

"Has this pride always been your home?" He queried after taking a moment to truly enjoy the scents and sounds of the zone they had entered.

Andranis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:59 pm
Puzzle regarded the other lion as he stepped closer to the light filtering at the edge of the trees. "Myrsky Syntynyt... They were in the neighboring pride's lands not long ago, looking for someone or something. I don't suspect it was the flowers, though, those have become something of a cultivated favorite." He didn't mention, though, that their presence had made not only Puzzle nervous, but Flower Lord as well. To Puzzle the small but strong army of lions had too much potential to be dangerous, even with Li-wei's blessing of peace. Flower Lord saw a different kind of danger, that even a blessing of peace couldn't protect them from. The right lions, with the right sweet-talking, could easily take over, with muscle behind them to intimidate. It had fed right into the striped lion's worries and fears, causing him to see dark shadows at the edges of the light. The older lion's words were for the caution, but they still had their effect.

One ear flicked, eyes narrowing slightly as he stepped into the sun. "I have always lived here, I was born in this area." There's many of us here that have been, with some families going back generations to the pride's founding." His co-ruler was one of those lions, from one of those old families. Puzzle's was a different claim. While his father made him new blood, his mother made him... Something special, as it were. Misty Starlight was another lion, of new blood, who shared that distinction. His mate, Boneknapper, was of a mix of old and new blood. In the end, though, they were all Kizingo'zaa.

Ctrl F Greenie

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:41 am
"Ah yes."

He'd be lying if he said he hadn't been familiar with the Tethys expedition that had marched from the prides land and into the roguelands with gusto. The group had been toting along a few Captains and at one point the High Priestess herself. Clearly a blessed group - for the most part. He snickered at the thought, the High Priestess was a 'treat' on a good day and to imagine them blessed for having her along was not entirely true depending on if anyone crossed her. The rumors he had heard about what they were chasing didn't sound much better. "I would love to say that's what they were chasing, but I have to agree with you. The flowers were likely the least of their worries." Concern dampened his otherwise cheery tone, but he wore a small smile nonetheless.

The sun began to break through the dense, lush treetops of the jungles trees causing Ali to wince and narrow his eyes while he adjusted to the much brighter light. "Wow." He said with a mild gasp, clearly impressed. "That sounds like a good, and strong foundation. I imagine that creates stability among the rulers." Ali, being diplomatic, couldn't simply avoid that point of conversation for long. Hierarchy of prides always intrigued him. It had become apparent that most prides had a standard hierarchy with their own twists depending on the demands of their pride itself. He found it very unique and it often stole his attention.

Andranis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:28 am
There was only a smile, as Puzzle looked at the sea. The waves danced in the sunlight, shimmering and bright, which caused him to draw in a pleased breath of salt air. Finally, he asked, "Who was it you were here to see, again? I don't think I ever asked... Or if you did, I forgot." Or had he? Somewhere in the trees, he knew, Flower Lord was probably scowling at him. It wasn't like the leader was giving away secrets, though. Getting the lion on the beach had been a silent ploy, keeping him in easy view of everybody while allowing anybody who didn't want to be seen to hide.

"Heritage doesn't always matter, when leading a pride. What does matter is making sure to communicate." An error he'd made in his very early days taking his place co-ruling the pride. One day he'd have a cub of his own to potentially pass leadership on to, and he'd make sure to teach that cub well. And all the others, just in case.

Ctrl F Greenie

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:35 am
"Truthfully I hadn't been seeking anyone. I enjoy wandering and learning, preserving the pridal themes in my mind to carry on telling tales of those I've seen." He smiled warmly at the lion whose eyes had returned to the coast once more. "Since I was a cub I've been intrigued by the stories one would hear while out on the road. Learning about hierarchy, traditions and the unique traits that make a pride what it is from the bottom right up to the top." He loved his adventures, though some hadn't been nearly as exciting than others, they were his.

"You're certainly right about that." He considered the stories he'd been told by the local historian of the Mwezi`johari. "Communication couldn't be more important. I'd suggest awareness as a close second in order of importance." He admired the way the other spoke and liked to imagine he was indeed speaking with a ruler - the answer was just simply to diplomatic.

"Thank you for getting me here." He shut himself down from asking anymore questions. The individual had been secretive, even in his responses, which completed the sense that he was unlikely to get anymore from him. "Perhaps we'll meet again." He chuckled slightly before taking his leave towards the ocean and inevitably heading towards the Bahari`mtoto for his second visit there as well.

Andranis
Fin?

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces