[Oba] Gardens In The Desert [Nataska & Aaricia]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LucidStreaming

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:29 pm
Orrod.

One of the largest cities in the desert region known as ‘Oba’ among the nation states of the newfound-land, Tendaji. All of the peoples here, aside from those who were clearly outsiders, ranged from soft brown to nearly black in skin tone. Similar to her mother’s people, in that respect. Thus, with her violet eyes and mint green hair, Nataska did not precisely ‘blend in’ but she did have a dominant trait of the natives, and the greenish hair tone was near enough to another neighboring race that she wasn’t so shockingly out of place as she might have been.

Still, word of her people traveling from oversea had spread, and limited as the industry was here, these of the desert breed did seem advanced enough to have quickly capitalized on the concept, and a number of them picked up on her origins from her attire alone. That had lessened only slightly when she picked up a couple of loose, colorful scarves to throw about her as sun and weather protection. Beautiful as it all was, she had never been anywhere so hot.

Though of course, the appeal of the color and what a unique souvenir they would make for the return home might have played some role in her choice of purchase.

First things first, she would need to be on the scout for food. And in the meantime always on the lookout for a good story.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:05 am
With a basket hanging on her arm, Aari was walking through the market with her head high. While she knew the danger was always present, she was feeling more and more confident about being able to defend herself. Now that she had a few years of practice under her belt, her father and his goons seemed less scary than before.

Besides, she had promised to make a special dinner for her friends, and she wanted to pick out the ingredients herself. Spotting someone who had lovely violet eyes, Aari couldn't help a double take. The girl seemed to be going around of her own free will. That was good. She knew well enough how uncomfortable it was to be stared at though, so she quickly gave the younger woman a polite smile and a nod, and turned her attention back to the vegetables.

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

LucidStreaming

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:28 am
Cornetified
Nataska knew no one in the newfoundland, and if she had listened to either of her mothers, she wouldn’t have been where she was. Alone on a foreign continent, further from home than either of them had ever been despite their adventurous natures. It may not have been the safest, but Nat had at least brought a gun and didn’t anticipate the worst. She would need to stick near to the ship, that was all. Or, not stray too far, in any case.

It might also help if she could locate an unthreatening local willing to give tips.

A young woman’s eyes caught on hers. Yellow. Unlike the rest in the area, the startlingly gold-yellow stare was striking against brown skin, and while all foreigners here were different than what she was accustomed to, she had been about long enough to recognize ‘unusual.’ She had little to lose, and opted to flash a smile before approaching.

“Sorry to bombard a stranger,” she greeted, “but I actually don’t know my way here. Do you happen to know the best way to a bite?” She stuck out her hand. “Nataska Govanik.”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:54 pm
It was a relief to see the woman return a smile, but the approach surprised Aari. She couldn't help herself as she took a peek around to see if someone else had caught the other's attention, but those violet eyes were locked on her! The friendly greeting was a breath of fresh air though, and the hybrid instantly relaxed.

"It is no trouble, Nataska Govanik," she replied with a light smile, accepting the offered hand. "My name is Aari. The vegetables here are all ready to eat if you are in a hurry. Otherwise, we are not too far from a pleasant tavern. I can show you the way if you would like."

LucidStreaming

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

LucidStreaming

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:16 am
Cornetified

“Aari,” Nat repeated, letting her eyes make another quick run of the girl before she grinned, and winked. “Pretty. I can stand to wait for a full meal, and don’t mind if I take the chance for company and learning a new locale. I know my mothers insisted, but I’ve never been personally convinced that vegetables are real food, besides.” She cast her gaze back out over the crowds. “The city is almost as busy as Valmon during recruiting season, and an oven…I’m impressed by whoever manages it year round.”

Fortunately, she had inherited her mother’s dark skin, resilient and resistant to burning over easily under the sun. But not all her countrymen were so fortunate, and she felt a spot of pity for any who made it this far out. The gold seas of sand had their own charm, but the sun never relented, so far as she could tell.

“Do you live here?” she asked by way of making conversation.

Aari looked mostly as though she fit in, but her especially gold eyes and softer blue-dark hair stood out among the sharp reds and red-browns of the rest of the populous.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:40 pm
Aari wasn't quite sure how to receive such an open and friendly character. Many strangers these days were wary and suspicious, but this woman seemed to have not a care in the world! She nodded as her offer was accepted, pausing to giggle at the quip about the vegetables. "If you prepare them well, they can be as deliciously real as any pastry or roast."

Turning to start the way for the tavern, she couldn't help a small smile. "I don't suppose there are 'season' here. There are always vast numbers coming and going, it seems."

She looked back at Nataska, her smile easing a little more. "I just recently moved here. I was living outside of town for some time." She gestured toward a residential stack of apartments. "The top of one of those, actually." It wasn't that building exactly, but a building like it. "What of yourself? I would venture to guess that you are from the new country, Belrea? Will you be remaining, or are you just visiting?"

LucidStreaming

Cornetified

Precious Loiterer

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas