Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:15 pm
A rough estimate, Jacomus figured, was that it had been almost a full sevenday. It was strange to him, for sure, after nearly ten full turns living out of first whatever space he could find to sleep and then a cave, more or less away from everybody else and the life of a hold or Weyr, to spend so much time in one place, in one warm bed, with constant access to... Really, everything. Baths had to have quickly become his favorite, right after waking up next to somebody that didn't have wings and claws.

If anybody he knew from the few acquaintances he kept had told him he'd be in a Weyr again, feeling comfortable in it, and being measured for clothing that wasn't stolen, he'd have probably tied them to the mast of a ship and sent them sailing off into an active Threadfall, thinking they'd gone mad. But here he was, being measured for clothes that would actually fit, without being in tatters, at the behest of Casgar. "I feel silly standing here like this..."

On a shelf, Jacomus' two flits, Fish and Marsh, watched with shining eyes. Amusement was evident in the green and blue hues.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:50 pm

"You'll feel less silly when you're wearing the finished articles," Casgar said absently, checking off an item on his list, stylus in hand as he pondered his next project. "And I know I would appreciate you in a real pirate coat. Everyone should have something nice to wear to a Gather." Besides which... the design he'd commissioned would have all manner of pockets in which Jacomus could stash things. The man was now well groomed, courtesy of the Headman who simply would not give up on that point. The next step was to ensure that he was also well clothed. It was Casgar's actual job to see to that, whatever the pirate might think.

He shot Jacomus a teasing look. "Besides, I doubt you'll feel silly for much longer, with the way that assistant was looking at you." Less silly, more mysterious, handsome pirate, if that one was to be the judge. Of that Casgar had no doubt. And if it amused him that the little tailor seemed to have a crush on his... companion, well. It couldn't be helped.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:23 pm
Watching the tailor, Jacomus became that much more aware. Old habits told him to flirt shamelessly with the poor person, but a much more present part of his brain stopped him since Casgar was right there, and was placing much more value to their... Whatever it was, than on getting in somebody else's trousers or skirts. He was curious, more than anything, as to how long and where it would go, really.

He turned his gaze back to Casgar, smiling slightly. "I fully intend to swoosh my coat dramatically when it's done." It'd also provide better protection against Fish and Marsh's sharp claws, at least, on top of looking cool. He paused in his thoughts, blinking at Casgar, "A Gather? Is there a Gather soon? Who all would be coming? And from where?" The last he'd checked, at least one of his brothers was up at High Reaches... And that in and of itself worried him. What would P'tius say if and when they met up again? The last time they'd run into each other, Thread had just returned and they didn't part on even passingly good terms. Jacomus was sure he'd broken his brother's nose in the encounter.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:38 am

"Mm," said Casgar, a glint in his eyes. "Please do." It amused him terribly that the poor tailor's assistant was smitten with Jacomus. Perhaps it would help the other's self esteem - assuming that that was lacking. Maybe it was just around him that the pirate seemed to get flustered. "I've bedded a number of pirates in my day, but I have to admit, I didn't think that I had a penchant for them. I did grow up in Rivercrest, though." The place was practically a pirate haven, when it came down to it, and there were a whole nest of pirates. The lord holders didn't seem to mind - in fact... "Did you know that the Lord Holder of Rivercrest Hold is married to a pirate captain? Which makes one of the Western Holders a pirate." A bit amusing, all things considered. "You'll fit right in."

Ahh... the subject of Gathers didn't seem to be a welcome one. "I'm not aware of one approaching. No doubt the next time we happen to have good weather on a rest day someone will send out the word. Usually we get traders from... well, all over, and a number of different folks from around these parts. Western is a bit out of the way for most riders, except of course those who are particularly determined to enjoy our fine brand of entertainment. You did know that the courtesan Hall is in Western, yes?" Why this was a sore point, he did not know, but if it bothered Jacomus that they would have Gathers to attend, well... he was... dating? Was that the right word? He was seeing the wrong man. Casgar glanced back down on his list and ticked another point off.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:50 pm
"Really?" Jacomus blinked in surprise, staring at Casgar. He started to move, then remembered that he needed to hold still for the moment. "I feel a bit less silly being here, then, I suppose." It did bring a smile to his face, at least, to know that even a Holder was a pirate out here. As if the relative warmth of Western already agreeing with him weren't enough, now he knew just how far pirates had become part of the local culture.

At the mention of the Courtesan Hall, Jacomus tilted his head slightly. "I think I've only really heard the Courtesan Hall mentioned in passing before." He then moved from one foot to the other, looking slightly abashed, "I'm just worried, with a gather, that I might run into my brother. He moved up to High Reaches after Thread returned. Found out because he tried to convince me to go there, but... We didn't part on good terms." He paused, glancing toward the assistant. "I think I broke his nose..." Of course he hadn't seen P'tius in nearly a full turn, so he had no idea the state of the brownrider's nose at present.

Which brought on a sudden sinking feeling in Jacomus' gut. "Oh... Shards and shells... He might attend the hatching..." If he saw P'tius and his brother tried to start something, maybe he could shove the older man in front of a hatchling knocking people over to get to its right person...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:10 pm

"The Courtesan Hall is a good place to go if you're looking to be... shall we say, an entertainer?" Listening to Jacomus talk, Casgar had the suspicion that there was more going on than met the eye. "You know, I can handle your brother, if that's your concern. I am Headman, after all." And trained in the handling of people, not to put too fine a point on it. "Don't feel silly. There's a lot here that you don't know about yet, and I think you'll find that you fit right in. From the sound of it your brother didn't exactly have the most persuasive way of presenting his case." That, and Jacomus was completely unprepared for the kind of responsibility that High Reaches demanded of Bronzeriders.

"Does he even realize that there are other options? High Reaches would be a dreadful fit for you." So saying, Casgar bent to his list again, tapping the stylus against his lip for a moment before glance up... just in time to see the assistant brush some invisible speck of dust off of Jacomus's garb. "Now that's cheeky," he said, quirking a brow. Right in front of him, too. He had to grin. "Mm. If you're worried that he'll ruin the day for you, you could always miss the Hatching..." Or view it from a bit of a distance. Hmm.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:40 am
The assistant's brush of imagined dust hadn't gone unnoticed by Jacomus. "I didn't know standing here could get dirt on clothing...!" There was mock-surprise in his voice, calling the assistant out a bit more. Surely anybody would have more tact than-

No, really, they didn't always. Jacomus thought back to some of the moments he'd absolutely lacked tact, punching his own brother topping the list. His brother built like a rock... With a brown nearly as big as his own bronze...

He was brought back to present by Casgar's almost casual statement, "I wouldn't want to miss it! I mean, I haven't been to one since Uridith's clutch hatched up at High Reaches, but before that, it was kind of a while..." Besides, the chances of P'tius being at the hatching were damn near non-existent. His brother had a rather healthy fear of sharp pointy baby dragon teeth and claws. Not that Jacomus could argue against it, though, but he still liked to watch a good hatching. The few he remembered from before the High Reaches clutch had been themselves violent. What was a hatching without bloodshed?

"Suddenly I kind of wonder... Where all my brothers and sisters have gone off to..." He only really knew that one of his brothers had died fighting Thread, he'd never let P'tius tell him more before punching him and running away.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:10 am

Really, as amusing as it was to watch the assistant tailor make eyes at his man, his was making eyes at his man. Casgar wasn't entirely sure that he approved of the clear liberties being taken. He twined his arms about Jacomus's neck, stealing him from the business of measuring. "You've taken quite enough of his measure, dear. Why not run along?" There was no doubt that he was a tiny bit impatient, but only just that much. He was an easy going man in general, and it wasn't that big a deal.

"Mm. Well... if your brother does show up, maybe he won't be the only one?" Casgar mused, absently straightening Jacomus's collar, which had gone a little awry when he'd interposed himself between his lover and the tailor. "Are you okay, sweet?" he asked, peering up at the pirate searchingly.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas