Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:23 pm
The more she justified it, the worst Norna felt about the entire set up. She was going to rip happiness - fresh happiness - right out of Cheruth's little claws. "Or....I can find somewhere to settle near Bitra fairly regularly," she finally suggested. "Straight up Bitra won't do it for her, but close enough nearby for visits." Even if it was evenings several days a sevenday. Would that please the little white?

Cheruth adored the view, though it being her own tastes or that Ivanhoth clearly adored the place so was up in the air. i-if y-y-you are th-there, th-then I w-w-will love it. She was giving off enough of her happy affection that Norna didn't even have to try to pick it up.

Hngghhh.

meepfur
Sorry for phone typos!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:48 pm
Fi'o had to admit, Norna' suggestion was a massive relief. It might not be exactly what their dragons had in mind, but it was a far sight better than ripping them apart (albeit with the promise of occasional visits). Still, it wouldn't be fair to rely on Norna uprooting herself from wherever she currently called home when she wasn't out and about, and not offer any solutions herself. "Y'sure? Bitra an' its turf ain't a joy for everyone, I know that well as anyone. I could probably find somewhere a bit more hospitable, if need be." They were comfortable where they were, sure - very comfortable - but it wouldn't be hard to take up a similar job elsewhere, especially with the number of riders back in Weyrs these days. They'd left some prime spots open, and she and Ivanhoth had enough of a reputation they could slide into one easily enough. "Don't have to decide today, either way. Sooner the better, to keep 'em happy, but don't have to rush into it this very moment."

Oi, Ive, think you can get Akaris up and moving, tell 'er to head out where we were gonna meet? Faranth knows whose bed she wound up in, and I'm not gonna waste my day huntin' 'er down.

Of course, my best Mine! Oh, oh, Cheruth and I were talking about nice places, and I think that she would like Black Sands. It is pretty and nice and warm and-

You liked it there, eh? They'd taken a few of the girls there by request not long ago for some silly sharding spa day, and evidently it had left an impression. Might have had something to do with the fancy scented oil they'd insisted on slathering him with while they were there. We can think about it.

Mine says she will think about it, he shared gleefully. I would like to be by the ocean, with you.

"Sounds like they're thinkin' up all sorts of things, maybe leavin' 'em alone was more dangerous than we thought," Fi'o chuckled. "Ive says he wants to take Cheruth off to Black Sands."

demon_pachabel
you are in good company for those.

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:12 pm
It wasn't Norna'a favorite idea, but it was better than what Cheruth and Ivanhoth had been petitioning for before they'd gone down to get breakfast (though they did still need to find some new bedding for their host...). "Maybe it'd be good for my little lady. We don't rely have a stable spot we keep so..." so maybe what Cheruth really wanted was a home. It'd be a thing to adapt to, but...

"Shards, look at us talking about uprooting out entire lives over these two."

Black Sands, huh? Oh yes! i-It is v-v-very p-p-p-pretty from w-w-what Ivanhoth is sh-sh-showing me. w-we s-should go. Cheruth's enthusiasm made her heart melt just a bit. F'io and I will talk about it.

"Maybe that's my fault. She hasn't gone much of anywhere with me. We didn't learn too many waypoints before we bounced. She sounds like she's ready to go anywhere he'd take her."

Which she was. She stretched her little neck out in an attempt to bump her head against his, trilling sweetly at the brown. Oh yes, while the night before had been a strange mess, she did very much like her sort-of-boyfriend. m-m-my Norna s-said the s-s-same. Th-then maybe w-we can s-s-stay together.

meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:40 pm
"I'll take just about anything over a heartbroken dragon," Fi'o admitted, shaking her head. This certainly wasn't something she would have found herself considering before this morning, but then, she hadn't realized before this morning that her dragon wasn't quite as content as either of them had thought. And she was now feeling painfully guilty that she'd never thought about it much before, he'd always just gone along with whatever she wanted. Now that he genuinely wanted something for himself, it seemed unfair to deny him. "Sound a'him wailin' is...well, I'm sure you know what it's like. If the whole Hold had to listen to him, they might boot us out just for that."

"Least Black Sands is warm," she noted with a shrug as she chewed over the idea. "Can't say I'd miss Northern winters." She'd be replacing keeping drunken tourists and disgruntled gamblers in line with something a little more challenging, but...hmm. Brightest glow in the basket or not, Ivanhoth had actually had himself a pretty good idea.

Ivanhoth accepted the headbump with a croon, toes and tail curling with utter happiness. It will be good, and we will all be happy.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:45 pm
"Less the sound and more the feeling, y'know?"

Yet as far as her life with Cheruth, Norna couldn't recall a time the dragon had been truly sad. Anxious and worried, but not sad. The highs were nearly the same and just feeling the edge of excitement from the white's mind nudging up against hers? She'd felt it very few times before.

"It is. Cheruth will enjoy it, I'd think. We'll still be able to reasonably do our jobs." Probably less Thread and more weather, but maybe it would be better to avoid Thread altogether if she was going to tell Cheruth they couldn't do anything with it.

Guess they would either be neighbors or ...well, she'd worry about it later.

The little white nearly radiated delight. y-yes! w-we can all b-be v-v-very h-happy. and perhaps she'd win the one time she had to beg for something she wanted.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:04 am
"Mm, that too," Fi'o agreed. The combination was formidable, and not something she'd been subject to in quite some time. She was very good about not leaving him alone for so long that he started to despair. She wasn't keen to discover how being ripped away from his newly-discovered love would compare. "It could work. Take some time to arrange everything, but I think just knowing it's gonna happen 'll be enough to keep 'im settled. If y' think it'll work for you an' Cheruth, we might not have to lie to 'em."

Getting the dragons to leave willingly for their respective destinations, without deceiving them, would be a significant victory. "Ive's wakin' Akaris, not that she won't take her sweet time. Linens?"

Ivanhoth hummed with delight and anticipation, gently shifting position a bit. It was so hard to be still and calm, when there was so much to look forward to!

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:18 pm
"It could. I'd be willing to fudge things to make it work," at least more than she would a Weyr.

Norna was vaguely curious about what sort of person Akaris was, simply off of what vague impressions. Flighty and uncertain, apparently. What would a Hatching hold for such a person? By the sounds of it, nothing. Because F'io and Ivanhoth would be taking her away from it. Probably better for the dragon.

"Definitely linens." Not that a toss with a fine lady would be as particularly messy as with a man, but it was the principal. "Down to laundry?" That's where Norna would have guessed such things were.

Cheruth stretched, shifting to settle on her other side. Staying put was very, very hard work.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:29 pm
As their plans evolved and began to take on, well, not a definite shape but a shape, Fi'o was beginning to feel better. For all that she tried to play it off a bit, it wouldn't have sat well with her at all to break her dragon's ridiculously soft hearts. That it likely wouldn't be necessary was an enormous relief. Not that it wouldn't still be a headache, or series of headaches, but there was a solution at the end of it that would result in a happy dragon and, hopefully, a still-happy Fi'o. She'd figure it out. "Maybe once they settle in an' the novelty wears off, they'll be a little less obsessed," she hoped. "Least enough not to just turtle up an' not go anywhere without each other."

"Down to laundry it is, then," the brownrider agreed with a nod. She would certainly prefer new sheets after strangers had made use of her bed, which may or may not have been a situation she had been in personally.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:56 am
Norna laughed. "We'll see about that. She might get so attached she cries the entire time he's out of sight," which was an honor currently only Norna had. Though she'd been very good about not being a nervous wreck while they got food, so....

The laundry was easy enough to find, Norna weaving through hallways in about the same fashion she had when she'd navigated to the kitchen. A few wrong turns, but generally the layout was similar to what she already knew. Though perhaps their unexpected appearance was what surprised those who were working down there the most. After all, most riders didn't exactly have time to visit and do their own laundry.

The matter of getting new linens wasn't difficult - perhaps because it was entirely expected everybody would want some after a Goldflight. Whoops.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:17 pm
"Maybe we'll get lucky an' you can trade off," Fi'o suggested with a chuckle. She loved Ive, but she was sharding glad he'd grown up enough that she could be away from him for a few hours if she needed to be. A little personal space and time to take care of her own business in places he couldn't go were incredibly valuable. Few buildings were designed with dragons in mind. Once upon a time, she'd thought that having a wher would be grand, and while she had no regrets about being bonded to a dragon, at least whers fit places. And could, you know, maim people, so it was probably for the best that she didn't have one.

The brownrider flashed a lopsided smile once they'd acquired the last of their 'sorry-not-sorry-we-rode-out-a-flight-in-your-weyr' necessities. "Looks like we're set! Hopefully we can make it back an' be off before our host gets home."

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:31 pm
Cheruth, despite being a small dragon, was by no means the smallest dragon. So even she couldn't get into buildings to be oh-so-helpful either. "We'll see 'bout that. Maybe she'll get worse and neither of us can leave her sight ever," and though Norna was loathe to admit it, it was the most likely option. Still, she neatly folded the new bedding over her arms and nodded, now that it was in tow. "Best to get back up before Cheruth gets too.....Cheruth-y..." Norna suggested as she started back on her quest through the winding pathways of the Weyr again.

Unfortunately, Cheruth had begun to get too Cheruth-y, kreeling sadly despite being safely and comfortably tucked up next to Ivanhoth. t-They're c-c-coming b-back, right? she asked, as though the idea she could have been abandoned had just struck her and was perhaps the worst thing ever.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:17 pm
"Hope not, that'd make it shardin' inconvenient for anyone to go anywhere." They'd have to tag along when Norna and Cheruth did their weather-y things, like some sort of (unnecessary) personal guard. Which, Faranth help them, Ivanhoth would probably love. Yeah, she was going to be keeping that little flit of a thought safely away from him where it couldn't get her into trouble.

Of course they are! Ivanhoth confidently assured his companion, nuzzling her to further bolster the assertion. Mine always comes back! Mostly. Unless she drinks too much, but she has only been eating, so they will be back! In fairness, the 'unless' wasn't something that had happened often, but it was very distressing when it did. And tended to involve fighting, if not gambling as well. There was a reason his bonded liked Bitra so much.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:45 pm
"Better pry them apart to keep it from happening," Norna said, mostly jokingly. Frankly, yes this was inconvenient, but she didn't have it too strongly in her heart to break the two of her little white's. As if knowing she was being thought off, Cheruth sent a wave of both concern (y-You're c-c-c-coming b-back, right?? Yes, love) and love (w-We're w-waiting really p-p-p-p-patiently!!...t-Together! We're on our way back now.) to her rider and Norna half laughed. Goodness, anybody who ever turned down the opportunity to impress was a fool. Even her jittery nervous wreck was a beautiful creature.

Seemingly reassured by both the newly minted boyfriend and her rider, Cheruth trilled, leaning her head against Ivanhoth's. o-Okay. n-Norna s-s-s-said th-they w-w-w-were on th-their w-way b-b-b-back n-now. she informed Ivanhoth, though somewhere between cuddling up with her new bestest-best friend, she was staring intensely at the door, waiting for the moment her dearest would return. If she hadn't been cuddled up with the friendly brown, the moment Norna opened said door, Cheruth would have been all over her.

Instead, she just crooned in greeting and remained put.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:39 am
"Not sure they make a prybar big emough for that big enough for that," Fi'o speculated with a short huff of amusement. Once they were back in the mysterious someone's weyr, she gave the dragons a casual wave and set down the bottle of wine, then set about stripping the bed, something she hadn't had to do for herself in ages. Faranth, but she'd gotten awfully spoiled, hadn't she?

Ivanhoth thrummed with even greater happiness when their riders returned, though like Cheruth, he was not inclined to separate himself from his new friend yet. Although...Fi'o did have a meatroll for him, didn't she? The brown extended his neck toward her, sniffing hopefully. Food yes please? Can Cheruth have one, too? Do you want a meatroll, Cheruth?

"If she wants one," Fi'o answered as she went from one corner of the bed to next. "We gotta work out what we're doin', though. Still think y' wanna move down to Black Sands? It'll probably take some time to swing that, y'know. But if that's what you two're thinkin'...we still havin' to go to Ista today, or you wanna go ahead and take Akaris home so we can start makin' arrangements?"

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out