Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:40 pm
For a moment, Jacomus went rigid at the mention of a bath. He could only think of how ice cold the water up in the mountains he lived off of was, necessitating infrequent baths if he didn't want to die of chill and shock. But then he remembered where he was, and realized that, while it had just rained and the rain had been cold, it was still much warmer at Western than it was up near Tillek. "Is the bath warm, at least? I'm afraid I don't, ah... Bathe often... Because ice cold river water's no good for bathing in." Especially when it actually had ice in it. Then he blinked, glancing at his clothes on the floor. His only clothes that weren't ill-fitting, tattered, or both. "Clothing of my own... I mean, I have clothes, it just... Doesn't fit... Or it's falling apart... Or... Both." Jacomus paused, then slid his fingers through his hair a bit. "Maybe a comb or brush... Mine got down to three teeth and was useless, never remembered to, um... Get a new one..."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:25 pm

With his the fingers of his one hand still in Jacomus's hair, Casgar squeezed the pirate close into a hug with the other hand. He understood that it was hard to adjust to the luxuries of the Weyr. And they were luxuries, make no mistake. "I was planning for a hot bath, to be perfectly honest with you. And I wasn't planning to take it alone." Unless, of course, bathing with another made Jacomus uncomfortable? "I don't take cold baths anymore. And as Headman, I have my own bath. One of the perks of the position. All Weyr occupants have access to hot baths, as well as pools to soak in. It's sort of necessary to keep the population healthy. When you have a lot of people in one place it can get... dicey." And that was a generous way of putting it. "As for getting you a comb or a brush, that shouldn't be any trouble. You do remember that I have access to all of our stores?" He smiled, the expression amused, and just a touch fond. He knew something of what the man felt, having gone through a similar transition.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:25 pm
As he was hugged, Jacomus let out a happy sound, enjoying the feeling. He looked up at Casgar, giving the other man a small but cheeky grin, "But surely if we bathe together, we'll never get clean!" A hot bath sounded absolutely divine, though, regardless. He wasn't sure he'd want to leave it once he got in, unless the water got cold. Finally, he sat up. "You're really selling me on returning to Weyrlife, you know. Even more than I already was. So..." He looked at their food. "We should probably finish eating, and then take care of that bath, and then... I'm not sure what else from there."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Musing over the remains of breakfast, Casgar quirked a brow. "I suppose that we should eat food. Although the food is a little less interesting to me than the prospect of not getting clean." Even though he could feel his stomach protest at the thought of moving on without finishing the delicious breakfast he'd started. There was curry on that plate, and he meant to return to it. "Would you believe that I wasn't trying to sell you on Weyr life, darlin'?" He let the hand on Jacomus's back ease, letting the man sit up if he so desired. "Breakfast it is, then."

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:48 pm
"As much as I'd love to get back to... Other things... My stomach doth protest much at skipping out on food." He picked his plate back up, lifting it. "Cheers!" He shifted to more easily eat, trying to remember his manners. After several turns not eating around others, it was admittedly a challenge, but he did manage to not simply stuff his mouth like a starving flit. He still made quick work of his food, though, eating it in what could easily be called record time - Unconscious evidence of how infrequently he sometimes ate.

From where they had gone back to eating, Fish and Marsh chittered at Jacomus, before Fish shoved the last bits of his food in his mouth, making his cheeks quite round.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Other things were admittedly less pressing than filling their bellies. So, food came first. Casgar tucked in almost immediately, eating a little more slowly than Jacomus, but only a little. The neat manner in which he ate was nevertheless quite swift and efficient. When he'd eaten all that he could, he set the plate down and picked up his cup of tea, which was of course now cold. "Maybe we needed food more than I realized," he teased, glancing over at the flits as Fish as the little Blue attempted to fill himself to the brim with meatrolls. "Poor little guy. If he's hungry we have more food to choose from."

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:46 am
Jacomus let out a laugh, watching Fish. "No, he's just always hungry! Was when he hatched, too." He reached over, poking the flit's cheek. "He didn't even want to fly, just crawled right up to me crying like a sad little bag of winged bones!" Fish only blinked at them, before swallowing his food down. Turning in place, he settled down, wings spread out, and let out a chirp. For now, he was full.

Marsh gave a sniff, then looked around. After a moment, she took to the air and started to explore, poking her nose into everything. Jacomus chuckled, watching her, then wiped idly at his mouth. "Suppose we should get that bath out of the way, aye? Not even raining and it's starting to feel chilly."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Silly little mite. "They're all hungry when they're hatched," Casgar said, a hint of amusement working its way across his lips. "Well, love, it's easy to be cold when you're stark naked. Not that I'm complaining." Tea drunk, food eaten, Casgar had a few other things that needed to happen before all would be right with the world. "Come," the Headman said, slipping off the bed and to his feet. He offered Jacomus his hand. "Why don't we work on that 'cold' issue?" he inquired, utterly unconcerned that he happened to be wearing the robe that had been meant for the pirate. "Promise I won't bite... hard."

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:32 pm
"He's not ceased to BE hungry, is the problem..." Finishing his own tea, Jacomus accepted the hand and stood up. He stretched for a moment, flexing his toes, then hummed as he looked down. "Thought I'd gotten all the dirt yesterday... Guess that water wasn't quite warm enough..." Or warm at all. But as much as he abhored bathing in cold water, even Jacomus had his limits on what he could tolerate with personal hygiene. A hot bath would take great care of that, though, something he anticipated greatly. He then grinned at Casgar, "If I was worried about biting, I wouldn't be around things with teeth."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:34 pm

Ahh, well. Given that Fish had been begging almost nonstop since he'd met the little flit, he supposed that was fair. "He does seem perpetually hungry," he agreed, glancing at the little Blue, who seemed perfectly content. Then, at the man's words, he glanced back to Jacomus. "You're forgetting that I got you quite dirty again," Casgar pointed out, a hint of a smirk curving his lips. "You may have started out clean, but you certainly didn't stay that way, pirate." The way the Headman said the word it was clear that he did not at all find Jacomus's status to be off-putting. A man's occupation was simply that: his occupation. Without waiting to see whether the rider followed him, Casgar left the room, opening a door that had been artfully draped with luxuriant fabric and beads. Behind the door, there was a bathing room, filled with oils, soapsand, and shampoos. Not to mention the bits and baubles he liked to treat himself with. Towels lined one of the walls. "I promise that the water is quite warm," he said, turning back to glance over his shoulder at the man. If the robe happened to have made its way to the floor, that was only because the Headman wasted no time in sliding into the water. Ah yes, this was much better.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:07 pm
There was that shiver from the night before, entirely unrelated to the cold. "Not the kind of dirty I meant, like... Ingrained dirt from the ground outside. But maybe you can help me get it out..." Jacomus trailed after Casgar, fingers brushing the beads and curtain. After a moment's thought, he pointed at Fish and Marsh, "You two stay out here, or go back out the window to explore." Then he closed the door, even if it wasn't needed, to symbolically shut the flits out.

Fish only yawned, taking over a pillow to nap, while Marsh found a perch on the window, eyes dancing with many colors as she looked out at the Weyr beyond.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff