Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:48 pm
User Image

If she ran away now, would Facio come for her? Probably not right away, he was on his finally on his way to Mittere. He wouldn't stop for Tisiphone. But when that goal was fulfilled, what would be left for him? If she ran away, she would be his next target and that would be that. He trained her well but he knew all the same tactics she did, she wouldn't be able to hide from him. Not for long enough.

Hunting. She was supposed to be hunting right now. She had insisted on going alone tonight after refusing a meal they had caught as a family. Tisiphone was weary of this long trip to the Kitwana'Antara. Megaera's cubs were growing up right in front of them all, and it was slowing them down. It made the time they spent on Facio's single-mindedness all the more obvious. Sitting quietly in the dark, Tisiphone thought about her time in the Pridelands. She had never truly been free, even then she was spying for her father, hoping to find Mittere in the hugely populated pride.. but she had gotten comfortable there. She felt immensely guilty about it because she had a job to do but even guilty comfort was missed now.

If she ran away.. would it be worth it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The eternal pilgrim, that was what Narayan had always considered himself. He knew nothing of obligation nor duty but understand surely the call of the of the wild and his ever burning need to know more, see more. When he had been set free to find his name he had only come to understand that he was Narayan, a soul ever curious and wandering. There was no name that would satisfy. Nothing was quite right.

It was that same curiosity that brought him so close to the pack of lions and, tonight, across the path of the lavender lioness. He saw her, a shock of purple above the tall grass he had been slinking through, not at all the deer he had hoped to find. There was a set to her bones, the way her feet carried her without thought, that made him want to turn back - whatever was on her mind didn't seem like it was exactly uplifting her mood. He'd run into enough lionesses to know he shouldn't cross one he didn't know.

Of course, the moment he thought to edge away, his distracted paw found a thick, dry twig and snapped it clean in two. The noise was unmistakable and anyone with half a brain would have been able to pinpoint it across the open field. Frozen with indecision, his green eyes locked right on her face.

Damn it all.

"Sorry," he called at last, pushing himself to his full height even as his muscles tightened with uncertainty. "I was just leaving.."

Ecavi
I know it's not anyone we talked about but I was looking through and he clicked! >3>

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:16 am
It was dark and she was lost in thought, so when a noise startled her back into reality her reaction was strong, to say the least. She tensed and lowered herself so she wasn't sitting up so obviously, her ears went back, her eyes narrowed and a warning growl escaped before she had time to really take in what happened. The source of the noise wasn't even that close by, she felt stupid for overreacting but in the face of stranger, that just made her angrier.

Tisiphone stopped growling and say up again but the scowl stayed on her face -- until he called out and apologized. He didn't look threatening, either. He looked worried. Was it because of her reaction?

"Who are you?" she called back, "Why are you sneaking around in the dark?"

Felyn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:42 pm
Despite himself and the growl that she had barely clamped her jowls around, his brows raised at her question.

"I'm trying to hunt. Why are you sneaking around in the dark?"

He didn't move an inch closer to her and he still looked rather like he might bolt at the slightest indication that she meant him harm. The scowl on her face was neither threatening nor comforting - it was neutral enough that it made his stomach flop. He'd much rather have outright aggression because then at least he would have known whether or not to run.

"I'm Narayan," even from a distance, the non committal shrug of his shoulders was obvious, "just a wanderer. Nothing else."

Ecavi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:24 pm
He answered the question exactly as she would have, even though it was clear she wasn't actually trying to hunt at the moment. It was what she was supposed to be doing, though, so it would naturally be her answer. Still, she didn't move but rather stared at him as he offered a name.

Narayan.

She ought to have warned him off of coming farther this way but there was no point in that, if Facio crossed paths with a stranger he put on a smile and played dumb until they parted ways. Nobody had ever been persistent enough to wear through his patience, looking at how ready this one was to run, he'd be fine.

Still..

"You're heading in the wrong direction," she offered, "Nothing this way, my family has already scared everything off."

Felyn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:30 pm
There was no politely returned name nor an answer to his question. It didn't do a thing to calm the edge of his nerves but it did spark the fuse of his curiosity which meant his survival instinct was about to become a little clouded. It was a curse, really. The wheels were turning behind his eyes, noticeable even at the distance he had kept from her, until at last his head tilted in the surest sign that he was suddenly more intrigued than cautious.

A pride wouldn't have scared off game, he thought, and there was little scent in the air to suggest these lands were frequented by anyone. So who were they?

"Are you travelling somewhere, stranger? I'm not familiar with these lands." Then, after a pause, "what direction would you suggest everything ran off to?"

How much information she was willing to give him was hard to guess - thus far it had been absolutely nothing despite her own demands of his identification. Just how far was she willing to let a curious cat push his luck?

Ecavi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:13 pm
Stranger.

She wasn't doing a very good job, acting polite and friendly like she was supposed to. What was wrong with her? She just thought about how Facio would act, and here she was.. doing the exact opposite despite knowing better. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, she decided to start over.

"Sorry," she said, almost sounding sincere, "My name is Leta. My family and I are wanderers, too. I came out this way to see if I could catch up to the herd we scared off and I.. got distracted. If there's nothing in the direction you came from, it must be this way."

Tisiphone nodded off into the distance.

Felyn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:24 pm
Narayan had no reason to assume that she was aught but sincere and the change in her attitude seemed to appease him enough that he was willing to walk closer, chalking up her unease to a simple mixture of a bad day and surprise, perhaps. Perhaps she was just hangry, too, if they'd scared off their only means of food.

"Two lions and one herd - it won't do either of us a bit of good to approach them alone."

Unless she meant to fight him off for a solo venture but he seemed to doubt that from the way she had backpedaled her abrasiveness and introduced herself. Once he was closer and clear of the high grass, he bowed his front legs and offered her a sweep of his head in greeting, so low that the tips of his navy mane brushed the ground.

"Would you like to join me, Leta? Two wanderers are better than one, no?"

Ecavi
That moment you realize you've been waiting on a tag but you actually tagged yourself instead of your partner. rolleyes

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:54 pm
Playing nice was usually well-received but something felt different this time, it felt less disingenuous. She was sitting here, wondering if she could ever run away, and here it almost seemed this was her chance to do it. To him is was a simple offer of a hunting partnership, but to her it was an alluring suggestion of something more than that.

She needed to refuse and go back to her father, but she found herself wanting to accept. It was the perfect catalyst, something to use and blame for her departure from her family. A way to test herself, to find out if she could break free and never look back. A genuine friendly face after so many false ones since leaving the Pridelands was inviting.

Her hesitation was obvious, and it felt to her like it dragged on for days before she finally answered.

"Sure."

Felyn
xD lolol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:34 pm
The hesitation was either very good or very bad, he knew. No one considered a question that long if they weren't having a hard time though, of course, that begged the question of why she was having a hard time with it at all. He raised one dark brow at her as she stood there, stuck in her internal limbo, and found himself wondering for the first time who this family was that she traveled with.

But, true to his bard's nature, as soon as she spoke up again he wiped the thought from his mind and offered a proud brow of his head coupled with a rather ridiculous sweep of his paw. He arced it out and away from him, in the direction of the open lands and what he hoped was a successful trip. He didn't know her at all but even he thought that perhaps she could use a good night, even if it was just tracking down a startled herd with a stranger.

"Alright then, Leta," he stood again and turned to that direction, already moving away from where they had collided paths, "let's get a move on. We'll lose most of our advantage if we don't find them before sun up."

Ecavi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:58 am
She got to her feet, smiling at him as he gestured them off on their way to track down the herd. Her mind itched to look back towards her family but she stubbornly refused, though her ears seemed to have a mind of their own. After a few steps, however, they turned forward once again. Even if she couldn't stay away in the end, it would be a welcome break.

Fin  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff