Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[FIN] Harsh Realities (Larak and Sorra Suau)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:37 am
User Image

A significant amount of time had passed since the day Larak had captured Sorra as his and taken her into the Nergui. Since doing so, she had done little more than complain, which he supposed may have been justified in wherever she came from, but to him, it seemed ungrateful and grating. He was getting used to her spirit, but some days were easier to handle than others.

Some days, he couldn't stand it and had to leave. Recently, he had been leaving for longer and longer stretches of time. He gave no explanation and knew that Kimya, a Shuko who had befriended his lioness, would look out for her in his absence. He would not leave her to face his kin alone; he cared for her too much to do that.

It was after a particular outing where he did not return for a few days to his pride, that he had come back to find Sorra facing him bitterly. He certainly didn't expect a warm welcome from her, but between what he had journeyed home for to be greeted with such a snappy response to his return... One would think that she would have preferred for him to have left and never returned. That's in fact exactly what Larak thought.

He tried his best to persevere through it, goodness knows he tried, but he couldn't stop thinking about all he had gone through and he finally made up his mind to take her out into the desert, where she likely would have ended up had she made it passed the Nergui (and not gotten captured or killed by one of his kin instead) and where she would have ended up.

He did not mean to show her the truth to hurt her, but she had to realize that he had cared enough for her well-being from the start that he hadn't wanted her to end up like... Well, they would see it when they got there. It was only a matter of when he would take her. He waited a few days after their initial confrontation before waking up early and stretching. He patrolled while it was still dark out, but at least he could say that he had indeed patrolled if any of his pride mates questioned him on keeping up with his duties. Upon the return to his den, he nudged her with a paw.

"Gok iv. (Get up." He told her gruffly. " Wo laeqo ae rars vaev ka sa kabaev aerb dogauo klaek, vai ditk piorkl vaiu kl'utk gau klo baev't taiurov. (We have a long way to go today and before that, you must quench your thirst for the day's journey.)" He told her, before turning away and taking a few steps, before stopping and waiting for her. "Ig vai vaetko k'do vaex'rs, klo tir v'rr u'to aerb vo v'rr vaerx giuklou 'r klo loaek. (If you waste time waking, the sun will rise and we will walk further in the heat.)" He warned her as he waited.

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:14 pm
Sorra didn’t like when Larak left early in the morning. It was still cold out and she rather enjoyed his warmth. She left behind her troubles about curling up against Larak once she was sure he was asleep and had found great comforts since then. Of course, she was still reluctant to actually get along with the male. He was keeping her hostage. And he confused her. He wanted cubs from her but made no move and showed no interest. In fact, he had left for several days at a time before, leaving her in Kimya’s company most of the time. At first, it was a relief. Good riddance, finally he was gone. Anxiety started setting in after the first few days. Was he not coming back? Had she been abandoned, left alone in this savage pride? Well, besides Kimya. But she could hardly be around Kimya.

There was a relief when he finally came back. Followed by anger. Bitter, silent anger that left her waspy for the day of and the day after. She was angry at him for worrying her and angry at herself for worrying in the first place. She was also confused by her own feelings. Sure, she didn’t like Larak. He was a brute. Rude. Strict. But… he made her feel safe. Sometimes made her happy. He was warm at night. And his scent always brought her to sleep easily where before, sleep had been elusive in this hard desert. But she didn’t like Larak. She couldn’t. She wouldn’t like Larak. She just needed to give him cubs and leave. Right?

When she was nudged, she curled in tighter, shivering as awareness registered the n** in the air. ”Mmm,” she murmured before blinking open her eyes. He was talking in the language. ”What?” Sorra asked sleepily before yawning loudly. Tiredly, she got to her paws, eyes still hooded with sleep. ”What are we doing?” She asked though obediently following him. She was considerably less waspy when she was still sleep addled.
Belloblossom

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:08 pm
Larak circled back around, nudging Sorra forward. They couldn't afford to waste time.
"Wo aeuo sa'rs aik ar ae vaerx kabaev, aevaev guad klo Nergui'.(We are going out on a walk today, away from the Nergui.)" He told her.

When they came to the watering hole that the pride used, Larak plunged his muzzle into the water and drank heartily. He was no fool. He had made this trek with his parents once before, when he was a youth. He himself had almost been to weary to return home and when his parents left his side, he had to find the strength to return on his own paws, rather than leaning on Gren or Gael for support. It had taught him a lesson of the fierceness of individual Nergui as well as the Hoard. It made him feel stronger when he had later made the journey alone when he was older.

"Du'rx. (Drink.)" He told her as he came up for air, the water sloshing around in his belly. "Ik v'rr do rars aerb klo tir v'rr do lak. Fau klaek uoaetar, vai ditk bu'rx. (It will be long and the sun will be hot. For that reason, you must drink.)" He watched her closely, would judge the amount she actually swallowed, before they continued on their way. He wasn't looking forward to the walk himself, but how else was his lioness going to change her attitude if she didn't see reason first?

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:40 pm
As she walked, she considerably woke up. It was cold outside and she looked over her shoulder regrettably, watching the den with the furs shrinking away. Away from Nergui…? She murmured sloppily, stumbling over the language. It didn’t come naturally and her mind was still muddled from sleep. She frowned at being nudged but followed him to the watering hole. She knew this watering hole but she still eyed it for alligators while Larak drank.

His order made her stiffen, her mouth opening to retort that he should not boss her around. But it was paused at the long bit. ”Where are we going?” she asked suspiciously, waiting to drink for a moment before deciding to just duck her head down and drink. If they had a long way to walk, there was plenty of time to lecture him about ordering her around. She drank deeply and thought she had taken in a lot of water but being watched by Larak made her pause, eyes going to him. Self conscious, she straightened up.

Belloblossom
Italicized are in the nergui language, too lazy to translate. uwu

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:57 pm
Larak watched her carefully, averting his eyes only when he himself needed to drink more. When she asked him where they were going, he could hear the suspicion in her tone and he raised his head, fixing her with a serious look.

"Wlouo vai vairb laeqo r'xorv orbob iv, 'g I laebr'k duaislk vai louo. (Where you would have likely ended up, if I hadn't brought you here.)" He replied and when that did not seem to satisfy her, he went on. "Wo aeuo loaeb'rs boovou 'rka klo botouk, kavaeubt klo F'uox'r. (We are heading deeper into the desert, towards the Firekin.)"

It appeared that she would not drink any longer and he couldn't quite force her muzzle into the water (well, he definitely could, but he had a feeling that wouldn't have the desired effect.) So, he motioned for her to follow him and started to head out on the path that would take them out of the Nergui territory. As they walked, he asked.

"Wlaek vouo vaiu vraert, laeb I rak gairb vai? Wlaek vouo vai lav'rs ka aekl'oqo 'r kad'rs ka klo botouk? (What were your plans, had I not found you? What were you hoping to achieve in coming to the desert?)"

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:10 pm
Sorra Suau was very confused. Where she would have ended up, if he hadn’t taken her hostage? The lioness’s eyes narrowed, frowning. What was he getting at? That she should be grateful to him for taking her to this savage pride? Her ears did perk up over hearing mention of the Firekin. Excitement ignited in her; Firekin had been her original goal. Cultures fascinated her and their culture caught her attention the most. But… why was Larak acting like that? He was acting very grim.

Moving after him, she stiffened. He was pricking at her temper. First, he leaves for so long, abandoning her in the pride. And now, he woke her early and, in her mind, was taunting her. She didn’t want to speak to him in his language. Annoyance was vibrating through her. ”It certainly wasn’t to be your hostage and wait patiently at your den while you go off who knows where,” she sneered, tail whipping. ”I was looking for the Firekin. My mother told me about them and I wanted to observe their culture.” Of course, Sorra hadn’t been told that she probably would have been sent away or, worse, attacked. Her light pelted fur wouldn’t have been accepted there. ”Not that it’s any of your business,” she added on nastily.

Belloblossom

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:17 pm
Larak huffed, the closest he typically got to laughing at her response. He was displeased with her ugly words, but he would not sink to her level today nor would he do her any favors.

"Nae'qo. (Naive.)" He muttered, swinging his head to the side to fix her with a stare. "D'b vai uoaer'xo lav gaeu klo kuaeqor ka klo g'uo-duoaeklout aeuo? D'b vai kl'rx klouo vairb do daerv vaekklot ag vaekou 'r ae botouk vlouo vai kairb bu'rx vaiu g'rr vloroqou vai sak k'uob au oaek vlor vai sak lirsuv? (Did you realize how far the travel to the fire-breathers are? Did you think there would be many patches of water in a desert where you could drink your fill whenever you got tired or eat when you got hungry?)"

At the speed they were walking, they had just crossed over the borders of his pride. From here on out, it would be easier to make his point. Surely there had to be one around here somewhere. They wouldn't be so close to Nergui lands, for otherwise the pride would've known about it, but soon they would come across what he was looking for.

Gazing forward, he kept walking forward, but there was an edge to his voice as he asked,
"Da vai uoaerrv kl'rx Nergui 't klo datk taeqaeso vu'bo 'r kl't botouk? (Do you really think Nergui is the most savage pride in this desert?)" He snorted. The Firekin and Nergui never really got along, perfectly. Larak regarded them as a greater threat than ever before and swore long ago never to touch their red-furred filth. His tail thrashed behind him.

"Yai aeuo aervaevt aersuv v'kl do, dik I bar'k kl'rx vai uoaer'xob klaek I taeqob vai guad ae su'd gaeko. Yai vairb rak laeqo daebo 'k ka klo F'uox'r v'kl vlaek vai laeb, 'froot' au rak. (You are always angry with me, but I don't think you realized that I saved you from a grim fate. You would not have made it to the Firekin with what you had, 'froot' or not)" He told her, the topic finally causing him to show the anger he had been pushing against since her ungrateful attitude had shown its fangs from their earlier fights. So, he went on.

"Arb oqor 'g vai laeb aeuu'qob, klov vairb rak laeqo kaexor vai. Yai aeuo rak uob, vai aeuo ae uasio. Nergui aek roaetk kaexo vuokkv uasiot 'r gau aevvuae'taer, F'uox'r arrv sok u'b ag. (And even if you had arrived, they would not have taken you. You are not red, you are a rogue. Nergui at least take pretty rogues in for appraisal, Firekin only get rid of.) He explained in an exasperated growl.

"Yai aeuo ta aersuv v'kl do gau roaeq'rs, vok vai tood ka vaerk ka g'slk oqouv aekkodvk I daexo ka lorv vai. (You are so angry with me for leaving, yet you seem to want to fight every attempt I make to help you.)" He accused her and then his eyes cut over to look at her, glaring with pointed frustration. "Wairb vai uaeklou do aeraro aik louo? Roaerrv? (Would you rather be alone out here? Really?)" He asked, only to see a distance dark shape past her. Perfect. He changed course and started to head towards it, gesturing with a whip-like gesture of his tail for her to follow as he hissed. "Slaerr I tlav vai vlaek vairb laeqo dokado ag vai, laeb I rak kaexor vai 'rka dv lado? Auo vai uoaebv ka too klo kuikl, Sorra Suau? (Shall I show you what would have become of you, had I not taken you into my home? Are you ready to see the truth, Sorra Suau?)" He asked as they approached the dark shape.

- Mynsed -
The idea is that it's a dead lion or lioness, you can choose which, that looks on par with this picture or worse, if you'd rather describe it in something more chilling to Sorra. Go for it. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:58 pm
Sorra gritted her teeth, annoyance building the more he talked. She decided she won’t talk to him. Ignoring him was in both of their interest; her’s because it prevented her from wasting her breath. His’s because he would be spared from being corrected. Because Larak was wrong.

She knew that wasn’t true. The more he spoke, the more she realized she probably would have died in the desert. But she didn’t appreciate his tone or methods. She didn’t appreciate him being right. Her scowl was directed at the horizon, refusing to turn her eyes to him, spine straight with indignance. She didn’t like Larak, she decided. Nor would she ever. She couldn’t possible grow to like the male; he was too rough, too blunt, too superior. It was annoying.

Help me?” she snapped, bristling. ”I don’t need your help, you oaf,” she sneered. She paused for a moment, unwilling to follow him when he turned direction, before slowly following after him.

It was the smell that hit her first. Stumbling back, she gagged at the rotten stench that grew stronger the closer she approached Larak. She didn’t want to look at the lump. Sorra had a bad feeling that she wasn’t going to like what she saw. But, she didn’t want to cower, not in front of the scoundrel who dragged her out this far. And so, she stepped up next to him, breath held.

Just the sight nearly made her lose her stomach. It was a lioness, probably. Sunken flesh, bare ribs. Gnats and maggots crawling out of parts of the lioness that had been feasted upon. Sorra could only look for a few seconds before closing her eyes but the image was there, burned behind her eyelids. ”I want to go back,” she said hoarsely, turning on her heels. He was despicable. He was honest but… she couldn’t accept it. Her stomach was still on the verge of upheaving. She continued to walk a fast pace, not caring the direction, but away from the body, away from Larak. It took her several steps to realize she wasn’t breathing and quickly she sucked in air, gasping deeply.

Belloblossom

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:40 pm
Larak looked on the deceased lioness without empathy on his face. She shouldn't have been here to begin with, he thought and the carrion-eaters had already started to descend, even out in this wasteland. He kept his gaze on the lioness though, trying to discern how she had perished. Starvation? Dehydration? The latter was more likely. As he stared at the corpse, or what remained of it, he heard Sorra recoiling away from him. He looked up at her then, his eyes hard.

"Da vai v'tl ka sa daekx? (DO you wish to go back?)" He asked in accusatory tones. "Bokaeito 'k toodt ka do r'xo vai'b uaeklou roaeqo Nergui. (Because it seems to me like you'd rather leave the Nergui.)" He advanced on her suddenly, eyes angry and he gestured with a sweep of his paw to the surrounding sand as he growled. "Ga ar, roaeqo 'g vai vaerk, dokaeito I v'rr rak kaexo vai daekx irk'r I xrav vai kaer do suaekogir gau dv vu'bo kaex'rs vai 'r, 'rtkoaeb ag roaeq'rs vai ka kl't! (Go on, leave if you want, because I will not take you back until I know you can be grateful for my pride taking you in, instead of leaving you to this!)" He turned quickly and stalked back to the corpse, sweeping his tail against the sand and burying it partially. The carrion-eaters would not find it as well. Perhaps some of the spirit could move on peacefully now.

"I v'rr kaexo vai daekx ka dv lado 'g vai kaer aesuoo ka aevvuok'aeko vaiu gaeko, dik I v'rr rak karouaeko vaiu kaeirkt au daekxkaerx aerv rarsou. (I will take you back to my home if you can agree to appreciate your fate, but I will not tolerate your taunts or backtalk any longer.)" He snarled, but the anger in him was dimming to frustration and his movements were becoming less erratic. "Tl't 't dv lado, Sorra. (This is my home, Sorra.)" He sighed and scuffed more sand over the remains until the lioness was nearly completely obscured. The shifting sands of the desert would do the rest, he thought and he got to his paws and started to leave, glancing over his shoulder as he asked.

"Sa, aeuo vai kad'rs v'kl do au rak? (So, are you coming with me or not?)"

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:54 pm
She flinched when he stalked closer, as he struck the sand in his anger. It was hard to keep up with what he was saying; she was certainly not fluent enough. And, as his anger peaked and then waned, her own temper began to build. How dare he!

”I would rather leave!” she shouted, not caring she wasn’t too far from him. She felt like shouting and damnit, she was going to do it. ”I hate it here!” she snapped, bristling. She refused to speak in his language anymore. Her anger was mounting, her breath coming out in angry pants. ”I will never be grateful to you or your savage pride,” she vowed in a hiss. She knew she should stop. She was exaggerating. She didn’t mean it. She didn’t want to be left. He had left for days before and it had left her anxious. Being left completely? She couldn’t take it, not now.

”It may be your home, Larak, but it is not mine,” she whispered venomously. She pushed aside the thought that being with him was starting to feel like home. Not anymore. She couldn’t back down, she just couldn’t. Her own home flashed behind her eyes and she felt tears begin to gather up. She refused to let a single one escape and so, turned her head to the side. Oh gods, she missed her mama and papa. She missed her brothers. What a time to feel homesick. ”Leave me alone,” she answered hoarsely, refusing to choose to go with him. It was a mistake, she knew it. She didn’t drink enough water. She didn’t know the way home. She was burning her bridge that connected her to Larak. Let it burn, whispered through her head, followed by a smaller voice. You can still save it.

She closed her eyes, refusing to look at Larak. Refusing to watch him leave her.
Belloblossom

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:28 pm
Larak flinched at her words, his anger having subsided. He looked hurt at her words, but he steeled himself and turned away.

"Fine." He replied, flinging her language at her, before stalking away. If she wanted to rot here instead of being with him... He wouldn't force her to be with him. He thought of the female from the Pridelands he had encountered and shook his head. He wouldn't go back to her just yet. However... There was the red lioness who had approached him long ago. It might make his parents happy, to see him with a lioness with founder-blood. What was her name again? He couldn't remember.

His head clouded with complicated thoughts, he left her in the desert, unwilling to turn back. He could not save a lioness who did not want to be saved.

- Mynsed -
Fin!

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces