Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Outpatient Treatment (Pan & Aislin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:02 pm
DaisyMilk

It wasn't often that Ailin made house calls. Typically, she spent her rest days and work hours just dealing with the patients that came through their infirmary, focusing more on disgnostics than ongoing care. But following up and seeing how a patient was progressing was an important part of healing as well, and honestly, one that Aislin almost enjoyed more.

This was someone she remembered too. Aislin had been volunteering in the infirmary on the night when she'd been brought into the Weyr. A large part of her arm had to amputated. It was one of the first times Aislin (or anyone for that matter!) had seen a thread-score injury in reality and not just in old scrolls- though it would come to be just the first of many. Complications from amputation were numerous, she knew, stretching turns after the wound itself had healed. She could only hope her help wouldn't be needed.

Nonetheless prepared, Aislin shifted the small bag of supplies on her shoulder as she approached the room she'd been directed to by the other healers. She knocked softly on the door of the weyr "Hello? Miss Pan? Master Aarna asked me to call in on you." she said.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:18 am
The knock at the door roused Pan from the doze she'd fallen into. Shaking herself and running her remaining hand through her hair to settle any cowlicks, she stumbled to the door and pulled it open.

"I wish you wouldn't call me 'Miss'," she grumbled. "It's entirely too formal and stuffy sounding. 'm just Pan."

For a moment, she stared at the girl, trying to place her. After a few moments, she had a vague mental image of seeing this girl through fever dreams and pain. Which meant she'd have been in the area when the weyrhealer took Pan's arm off.

"While I'm thrilled that Master Aarna is so devoted to my well-being," she began drily, "I'm really not sure what supposed to be accomplished here. What's left of my left is healing nicely and I'm sure whatever notes you were given show that once that fever broke, I've been getting better daily..."

Her voice trailed off as her eyes took on a glassy look. Then, with a bark of laughter, she grinned at the girl and waved her into the room.

"Lazulith says I need to play nice and to respect the healer. He also would like to know if we can do this outside where he can watch. Lazulith enjoys learning about healing, you see."

DruidTigeress

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:36 pm
DaisyMilk

Aislin took a short step back from the door when it was suddenly pulled open. She looked up at the rider, who appeared to be disturbed, perhaps from sleep, by Aislin's knocking. "If you prefer." she replied politely to the rider's request. "I'm sorry. I hope I didn't wake you." she added.

The grumbling tone didn't bother her so much. She was more than used to hearing it in the infirmary. And in any case, she never expected her patients to be happy to see her. She just hoped she'd be able to do as her master had asked.

"She wanted to ensure that there were no lingering problems.." Aislin explained. She was about to go on to describe specifically what sort of long term complications those might be, if just so Pan could (hopefully) confirm that she didn't have any of them, when the rider seemed to suddenly change her mind and let her in with a short burst of laughter.

Though surprised, Aislin smiled a bit and relaxed. At least it seemed like it would be easier to do her job now. And she always liked meeting dragons anyway! "Certainly, I don't mind! It's the same inside or outside to me, however you're more comfortable. Though I've never met a dragon interested in healing before." she confessed, curiously.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:11 am
"Lazulith is Lazulith," Pan replied as she led the way through the room to the door that led out onto the sandy stretch where her dragon made his home. "He loved watching Da tend the runners whenever one of them fell ill, and not just because he was hungry, either. Lazulith loved those poor, stupid beasts..."

Pan's voice trailed off in a strangled sob as her mind conjured up a mental image of her father's laughing face as he shoved gently at the dragon's head so he could treat the panicking runner beasts. Visibly shaking herself, she looked up and smiled as a blue dragon rose from the sands and stretched out his neck to gently head bump her. Reaching up to scritch Lazulith's eye ridges, Pan turned back to the healer and waved her closer.

"This is Lazulith. Lazulith, this is... umm," Pan paused and waited for the healer to supply her name.

Without waiting for a name, Lazulith regarded the healer closely before dipping his head in a respectful nod.

Please tell her that I will make sure you behave. She is only trying to help, after all.

With a laugh, Pan relayed her dragon's words, making sure to add, "I'm really not that bad of a patient. Truly."

DruidTigeress

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:18 am
DaisyMilk

"You were a beastcrafter?" Aislin asked, her face lighting up a little. "Me too! Our Hold specialized in runner breeding, and.." she trailed off as the woman appeared visibly upset by something. She wasn't sure how to react, not wanting to seem over familiar or upset her more, so she just looked away and pretended not to notice. She'd never been very good at comforting people. Aelyn would have known what to say, she thought guiltily. She could guess what she was thinking of, though. A swell of fear rose in her as well. She hadn't been able to reach any of her family yet..

Fortunately, the woman's blue swooped in to comfort her instead. Aislin smiled, moving closer when the rider waved her forward. Despite living in a Weyr, she didn't get many chances to meet dragons in person, or see them up close. Looking at the blue, it took her a moment to realize the woman was waiting for her to say something. "Oh! Sorry, it's Aislin. Nice to meet you Lazulith." she said, dipping her head respectful in return. "And you, Pan." she added to the rider, doing the same.

She could stare at the blue all day, but she was here for a reason. Getting down to business, she set her bag down on the ground and turned to the rider. "Now then-" she said, getting started with the check up. "Have you noticed any pain or tingling in your missing limb? Some patients report sensation in their lost arms for turns after they are gone. There are a few things we can try if that's the case."

"Do you mind?" she asked, gesturing to the woman's left arm so she could inspect the old wound.

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games