Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP, Backdated] The Next Great Adventure (Dal-Enkidu/Anza)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spaizey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:20 pm
It wasn't until the rays of the sun broke over the mouth of her tomb that Dal-Enkidu realized how much time had passed. He'd been laying in the grass before the caves all day, just like this: head on his paws, tail curled around his legs. Pointed toward the shadowed maw of what used to be their home. Her body was inside, curled just as she was when the light left her eyes. Seemed like he'd spent this whole time just here, arguing with himself over whether to go back inside. Whether or not it was right to bury her, or let her body fall prey to the natural cycle. Seemed to him like he should do...something! But he couldn't. Apparently, he was only fit to lie here.

The light beaming into his eyes only reminded him of this time yesterday - or had it been the day before that? When his mother had been alive. Stuck in a vision, as usual, but alive. Almost senseless, and drooling, but breathing. She'd called his name at the end. At least, he thought so. Repeating 'Dal... Dal!' over and over. She had never called him that before, but what else could it mean? The male was momentarily struck with wondering if whatever she'd seen this last time had finally been enough to take her away.

It didn't matter now, anyway. Enkidu resettled his weight, feeling his bones groan in protest. His mind roared just as much as his belly for sustenance, though one called for frolic and the other a feast. He didn't much feel the need for either. Fun was hunting prey under the cover of darkness, and what need had he now to hunt? The only mouth he had to worry about feeding was in there. Too quiet. Too still.

With a heavy sigh, he returned his head to his paws. Maybe the best thing to do was wait. With time, he would grow still as well, and the need to make any decision at all would be taken from him entirely.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:57 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The blue lioness stretched herself out at the start of the new day. The sun was just trickling between the leaves of the tree she slept under and she welcomed it. Stepping out, she stretched her delicate wings out to dry what moisture clung to them from the night are. It was getting a bit more chilly at night. Anza supposed she'd be finding actual shelter soon instead of sleeping out in the open and thinking no one and nothing could harm her.

Long ears twitched as she put her nose to the wind and she took to wandering. She needed to find some sort of water source. It was definitely time for a long drink of water. Hopefully chilled water, but water.

Something, however, pulled her in a certain direction. Someone needed her. The look of concern swept over her face as she picked up the pace toward that feeling.

I'm coming.

And she found him, with his head to his paws and he looked like he was grieving. Her running stopped and the goddess stood still and just watched him for a long while. She could hear him thinking about something. Anza's brows knit together before she finally whispered to him.

"...Care to share your thoughts?"
Spaizey

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Spaizey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:25 am
How long had she been standing there? Enkidu was not unaware of the presence of gods, as he assumed his mother had gotten her visions from someone, somewhere. But he had never really seen one so... Wow. The lion lifted his head just enough to take in the sight of her, cosmic mane dragging in the dirt. Dimmed though they were, his stars twinkled in her light.

"Has it happened already?" The murmur was scarcely louder than hers, in a voice deceptively gentle for such a large male. "Am I dead, then? I had not thought that one such as myself would warrant such a herald into my long sleep, but," and here he stopped, eyes lingering a long moment on the creature before him through a growing, glassy sheen, "I'll not complain about the blessing."

He had always presumed gods were lions, now that he thought about it. This one certainly had the bearing and build of one, but surely that was where the similarities ended. The differences between them, on the other hand, were both terrifyingly jarring and absolutely magnificent.

Peppermint Coffee

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff