Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[FIN][SRP] Named [Rangi'ukungu x Sinowo Chinkokomo]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:31 pm
Sinowo Chinkokomo. It… was a weird sounding name. And the reasoning was lame. Without realizing her, a sputter laughter escaped, building up until her laughter bounced off the cave walls. It was… ridiculous. Like a child naming something. So simple. She wanted to cry but laughing felt just as well. Oh, this was insane. ”I-I’m sorry,” she gasped, trying to breathe. Finally, her laughter died down to giggles. She shook her head to get rid of even those but a small smile remained. ”It is a good name,” she lied, before deciding to test it out. ”Sinowo Chinkokomo,” she murmured. It was a weird name… but it made her smile. The first smile she could remember.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:46 pm
Rangi was taken aback. But she was smiling. He didn’t know if he should be offended by the laugh or delighted. So instead, he tried to focus on a blank expression. When her laughter died down, he shared her smile. It wasn’t so hard to do once she had apologized for laughing. He shook his head. It was a nice sound. And… he was relieved when she claimed it was a nice name. He straightened up proudly, done with skinning the hare. Moving the blood feast towards the fire, he regretted not letting it drain first. ”So, Sinowo,” he began. ”Are you hungry?’  

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:46 pm

”Starving,” she replied before pausing. No. She was starving. But… ”Thirsty, actually,” she admitted, moving past the dead hare in front of her, unable to look at it. She moved over to the clay bowl, glancing questioningly at the male. Her legs were still trembling and she moved slowly. But, she moved. And slowly, she lowered her head, lapping at the frosty water in the bowl, feeling it trickle down her dry and sore throat, stinging it. It was heavenly. Sighing, she straightened back up, turning to look at the other male. ”What… is your name?” she asked, uncertain if he had told her or not.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:47 pm

He watched her move over to the water before he decided to get up and retrieve her rabbit. Maybe she didn’t like that it wasn’t cooked? Humming, he got to work with skinning it, watching the other cooking rabbit carefully. He couldn’t find sticks to help keep the hares out of the fire so he would need to make sure it doesn’t catch on fire. Too bad he couldn’t season it like his mother used to do. He just never paid attention to what she was doing and what she used. Served him right. ”My name?” he thought back, trying to recall if he told her. He wasn’t sure. He shrugged. ”Rangi’ukungu,” he told her with a smile.

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:47 pm
”Rangi’ukungu?” she murmured in response. Her legs were beginning to hurt. She wondered how long it’d been since she was on her feet. That led to wondering how she ended up forgetting everything. What had happened? Closing her eyes, she firmly pushed the thoughts away. No, she could try to figure that out later. Her stomach rumbled, protesting to the smell of burning fat, ears perking up at the sizzling sound. The cave held a scent that was… absolutely delicious. Curiously, she looked around for where the smoke could possibly be escaping from. She saw the bits of cloth slightly moved to the side, making way for the smoke. ”What does it mean?” she asked.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Rangi looked up in surprise before looking back to the fire. It was just… a ball of white. The rabbit was gray, but darkening to a darker grey. He relied on his nose to find out when it was ready to pull from the fire. ”Misty colors,” he told her, hoping to keep the bitterness out of his tone. He cleared his throat, straightening up and putting on a smile. ”I didn’t really get the meaning until later in life. When I realized I was… different from others,” he told her honestly, before looking back at their dinner. The first rabbit was done. He carefully but quickly moved the darkened meal from the fire, pulling it away to cool down. He watched the second one carefully.

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:33 pm
Sinowo was confused. She tilted her head to the side, considering him. ”Different… how?” she asked, uncertain. He didn’t look different. Sure, he had a pretty pastel rainbow on his back but really, pleasant to look at and not necessarily unusual. Nothing to make him different. She moved cautiously over to the cooked meat, stomach growling. When had she eaten last? A bitter smile appeared on her face. It would have been a simple question. But… the big hole in her memory made such an insignificant question rather significant. ”I don’t think you look different,” she continued, unsurely. The rabbit smelled delicious.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:34 pm
Rangi hesitated. Should he tell her? It was an unusual situation and he… didn’t like others knowing. But… she was also experiencing something unusual. She was amnesiac. That wasn’t something someone sees every day. Or even once in their life. He considered it while pushing the cooked meat towards her, gesturing at her to go ahead. Perhaps… he could trust her with this. Maybe. ”It’s not something I like others knowing about,” he told her softly, watching her carefully. Well, this was it. He was going to tell her. ”I… can’t see colors. I’m colored blind,” he told her, watching for her reaction. Would she believe him?

- Mynsed -

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:51 pm
Sinowo couldn’t believe it. He couldn’t see color? She moved closer before turning her back to him. Looking over her should, she glanced at her back. ”So you can see that color?” she asked in awe before turning around and looking in shock. That was… completely shocking. ”Huh,” she murmured before bending down to chew at the meat. She looked up from beneath her eyelashes. ”I wish I couldn’t,” she murmured thoughtfully around a mouthful. Swallowing, she straightened. ”Although, it doesn’t matter much here… everything seems either white or gray. It isn’t very colorful,” she pointed out before frowning, ears flattening. ”At least… from what I’ve seen so far,” she mumbled.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:09 pm
Rangi tensed. This was usually how it went. ”Yeah, I can’t see that color,” he murmured, ears flat. This was… uncomfortable. He watched her carefully... unsure. What did she think. What she did say, however, was unexpected. He blinked and glanced to the outside. So… there wasn’t color out there? That was actually… very relieving. He smiled. ”Let’s eat and sleep. We can talk more in the morning,” he murmured, though amusement lingered in his voice. This was nice…. This was unexpected. And it was nice. ”Let’s eat, Sinowo Chinkokomo,” he murmured, earning a smile from the other canine.  

- Mynsed -

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff