Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:22 pm
User ImageBidii rarely made trips up to God's Haven these days, preferring the mortal world so much more. Up here there was cold and snow and ice and little else other than fellow gods. She did like to check in with others of her kind from time to time just to make sure two polar gods weren't going toe to toe and everyone was taking sides. Now that would be an interesting sight to see!

But it seemed things were just as dull as they ever were up here. She flew towards a semi-clear landing area and landed gracefully, tucking her wings against her side as she waded through the snow. Just as she thought, the mountain was fairly quiet save for the wind that would occasionally toss her mane and tail tuft a bit, whipping her scarf against her neck as well.

"I wonder if anyone even stays up here anymore," she murmured to herself, searching for any sign of life.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:41 pm
User Image

Tafari was one of the few gods and goddesses, it seemed, who liked spending time in the God's Haven. It had become over time, less frequented by various deities, who much rather spent their time messing with mortals. Of course, he couldn't say he was entirely different, for he left the Haven from time to time to go pass on his genes with various mortal felines. Yet, when he had been sated on interacting with the mortals on the ground, he always returned to the Haven.

Perhaps it was the fact that he was the God of Petrification that did it. Being perched on a great mountain of stone and snow was quite comforting. He didn't have to worry about turning an area to stone where he stepped, because it was stone already. He could just relax here, in his own way.

And the lack of company was something that never bothered him either. Tafari wasn't quite antisocial when it came to interaction with other gods or goddesses, but he hadn't much interaction with them to begin with. They seemed to keep to their own realms, preferring to become attached to prides or groups and being worshipped. Tafari could never fall into a life like that, he thought and turned up his nose at those who did. It was one thing to tamper in the affairs of mortals from time to time, but to become apart of their communities? Bah.

So, Tafari stayed on the mountain, musing over whatever thought came into his mind. He was there currently, sprawled over a ledge and looking out to the sky that surrounded the Haven, unblinking. He looked very much like he had turned entirely to stone, until his wings stretched and cracked and he rolled over to stretch. He got stiff after not moving for a while. Perhaps it was time to walk around for a bit and see whatever there was available to him.

SilverLutz

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:17 pm
Bidii, thinking she was pretty alone up here, didn't pay much attention to her surroundings as she traipsed through the snow. She was making her way under the ledge that Tafari was currently resting on when the god moved, sending a bit of snow tumbling down onto her head. She shook it from her mane before peering up to see what had caused the disturbance. One bony, stone-looking wing stretched over the edge of the rock, followed by two paws, one very much fur and the other very much stone.

"Oh!" Another god, certainly, since none but they could stand on this mountain for long. The spirits of mortals would occasionally hover around for a bit before making their way to the afterlife, but Bidii knew that whatever was above her was tangible...even if it was mostly rock.

She spread her wings and took a leap into the air, beating them to rise up to the level of the ledge. She perched just above it, peering down at the god who seemed to be half living and half stone.

"Hello," she said cheerfully, grinning wide as she settled down on her own little ledge. "Didn't think I'd see anyone up here. Seems a bit quiet."

belloblossom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:27 pm
Tafari raised his head slowly when he heard the beating of wings approach. It would appear that he wasn't the only one on the mountain. He blinked slowly at the goddess as she approached and inclined his head slightly as she landed upon a ledge just above his and so stretching his head to look back at her, he took in what he could of her, before finally moving into a taller, sitting position.

"Indeed, it is a rare occasion to see another god or goddess in the Haven." Tafari remarked. "What brings you out here?" He couldn't place it, but this goddess seemed to be one who would spend her time among mortals, rather than other gods. Then again, there they were, a god and a goddess, speaking to one another. Go figure, Tafari thought, sighing.

SilverLutz

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:35 pm
Bidii shook the ice and snow that had crusted onto her wings before folding them properly against her side as the other god shifted into a seated position. She gave him her signature grin, as well as a laugh as he asked what she was doing here.

"Oh, just making sure Fire and Ice aren't waging some grand war," she said as she lowered herself onto the rock, now about eye-level with the seated god. "Looks just as cold and quiet as ever, though. Not much fun if you ask me...although you never can be sure, which is why I like to check," she added with a wink.

"What about you? Just hanging out?"

belloblossom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:49 pm
Tafari shrugged his shoulders at her reply, flakes of snow that had gathered there falling to either side of him.

"I suspect all would know if two gods were fighting with one another, especially gods like those two." He snorted at the big names and then flicked an ear. "No matter, they are not fighting and so the Gods' Haven," He snorted again, or was it more of a scoff?, "continues to be cold as ever. Though who's idea that was I haven't a clue."

He gazed upon the brightly colored lioness for a moment, before tilting his head and remarking casually.
"I'm just here to get away from the mortals below." He replied smoothly. "I had spent too much time in a desert, but it was not all for nothing." He smiled and there was a glint in his eyes. "And what of you? Do you bother with mortals and their prides or are you different than most of our kin?" He inquired.

SilverLutz
Sorry for the delay! Life's been pretty crazy as of late! Dx

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:46 pm
"Well, it is quite high. That's generally Snow or Ice's domain," Bidii said with a little shrug of her own, her tail flopping back and forth in the snow. Tafari didn't seem particularly bothered by the cold temperatures and, while she was rather fluffy herself, she didn't particularly care to stay in such a chilly place for very long. If she had to she could, but that didn't mean she'd enjoy it.

"Oh, that's what I love best," she added as he asked his question, a wide grin spreading over her face. "Mortals love me and I enjoy seeing them so enraptured by their obsessions. Sometimes it's fun to give a tyrant more zeal to extend his rule, or a hero to come squash him under their paw. It's like a little show playing out just for me!"

There could be casualties, sure, but mortal lives didn't mean much to her. They were there and gone in a flash to gods and she really didn't care one way or another who she 'helped'. In the end, it was usually those that were zealous on their own or those that were so starved for something they wanted that she couldn't help but urge them on towards it.

"But sometimes it's nice to get away," Bidii said with a little chuckle before flopping down in the snow. "They are so very needy at times."

belloblossom
No worries!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:59 am
Tafari listened with interest at the notions the other had on mortal life and found himself nodding to what she had to say.

"Perhaps it would be different had I come about with something as passionate as your domain. As it is, not a great many mortal look on me kindly. They seem to think myself more stone than god." He grinned again, all teeth and no mercy. "They then learned what would happen when they assumed anything about me."

He shook his mane and got to his paws.
"I will never bother to try to understand mortals as some of our kin do. They never need my help and yet I am still here. Perhaps I have yet to find the right group or perhaps I am simply because I am." He swung his tail around and snow fell off his perch.

"Needy, hm? How do you mean?" He asked, curious if she had managed to build up some loyalty of followers or something of the sort.

SilverLutz

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:14 am
Bidii had to admit he was right in terms of domains. Some gods lucked out in the 'lots of followers' department, but others really did win when it came to not being bothered. Thankfully Bidii loved mortals and loved playing with them even more. Hopefully Tafari didn't mind isolation and fear when it came to the creatures down on the world below. At least he had his fellow gods for companionship and from the way he spoke it sounded as if he preferred it.

"Just because they don't need your help doesn't mean they don't believe in you," she pointed out. "Or fear you. At times I wonder if that's more powerful than love," she added with a thoughtful tone. There were gods and goddesses whose domains were wonderful and grand - love, cubs, youth, happiness, laughter - but wasn't fear the base instinct of all creatures? Zeal was neither here nor there, it was something one could have or be lacking of, and while fearful creatures could have plenty of it, it was never the zeal that made the other animals quiver and shake. It was the power, the strength, the evil that zeal fueled that was terrifying.

"Oh, once they feel the desires I give them to pursue whatever it is they're passionate about they always call to me to ask for more. To be around them, to bless them, that sort of thing," she said with a tired wave of her paw. "I enjoy toying with them but I don't like being called upon every waking moment. There are a few mortals that I gave a talisman to to call if they truly need my aid, but I selected those carefully."

belloblossom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:25 pm
Tafari blinked at her words and inclined his head, considering them.
"I suppose that's true." He mused. "I wouldn't be here if they did not believe in me." He often suspected this was the case. So where might the mortals be that had been so enraptured in the notion of petrification, that he might be alive that day? He didn't know, perhaps they had died already or perhaps they were still out there somewhere. He didn't feel inclined to go looking for them either way.

"Perhaps I shall feel the need to bestow some manner of talisman upon a mortal." He thought. "But that need has yet to find me." Slowly, he got to his paws and stretched his wings, which scratched and cracked like the sound of bone against stone. "However, I do find the need to leave this barren place." He looked at the goddess of zeal with an appraising eye and then nodded. "Perhaps you and I will meet again, some day." He remarked, before taking off and flying on featherless wings away from the famed haven.

SilverLutz
Fin?

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash