Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:41 am
This is a private between belloblossom's Kgabu and SilverLutz's Umlotha. Please don't post here unless you were invited! heart  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:53 am
User Image

Between her mother's righteous attitude and grace and the ease of which compliments that Kgabu and her white sisters had been lavished with, Kgabu was very easily a confident lioness. Yet, what her mother may not have accounted for was that while she was brimming with confidence, her ego grew and so did her desire to make sure others knew that she was the very best. Rather than work hard at hunting and bettering herself, Kgabu started to listen in for competition and rival huntresses which further led to her discovering her true talent: gossiping.

Her mother didn't condone it, saying it wasn't in good taste to gossip, but between her ego, her new talent for flair and her confident streak, Kgabu began to regard her less and less, becoming more entwined in the goings on of the Bonelands. She soon became aware of who was having cubs and who their fathers were, which lioness was talking with which male and and sort of scandal that may have arose was immediately being whispered by Kgabu to another lioness.

It was all in good fun, really. Kgabu enjoyed being the center of attention when something came up, but what she really wanted to be, was the one that all the pride went to when they had questions about what others were doing. She wanted to be the center of all knowledge and while she had a good start on it, she didn't know quite how to gain this reputation.

So, she put it in her mind to approach someone who was already infamous within the pride. The Umama, Umlotha. She would approach her today, Kgabu told herself the moment she had thought about it. There was no use in stalling or wasting time. What would be the point, anyway? So, she started to ask around if anyone had seen the dark-coated lioness. Surely, if word got around, she wouldn't even have to do any serious searching. Ideally, Umlotha would come to her.

SilverLutz

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:25 am
User ImageDespite the size of the Bonelands, word traveled fast when it wanted to like fire on dry grass. Umlotha liked that quite a bit as it allowed her deeds and rumors to spread quickly and efficiently so as she walked through the pride, she could hear whispers following her wherever she went. That was the way she liked it - being in everyone's thoughts and on their tongue as they gossiped about what it was Umlotha might be up to.

Therefore, it was a bit interesting to hear that there was a young lioness seeking her out. No one had told Umlotha directly, she had simply overheard at the watering hole one day. Intrigued at what the female might want, Umlotha put some effort into figuring out who Kgabu was and seeking her out.

It didn't take long to find the pale lioness, her pale markings almost a faint shadow of Umlotha's own. She was still growing but at adolescence in the pride females began to pick their path for their future. Some honed their hunting skills, others worked with an avian companion to become Cinga...and this little lady had decided to be the one who tended the rumor mill, it seemed. Umlotha liked her already.

"I heard you were looking for me, Kgabu," she purred as she approached the other female, golden eyes bright with interest. "It's not often those outside my little circle seek me out."

belloblossom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:07 pm
Kgabu was immensely pleased when she found that her efforts had not been in vain. When the familiar dark grey lioness approached her, she lifted her head with pride and met the lioness' gaze easily.

"It's true, I've sought you out for a while. I've been hearing that you can cause quite a stir in the Ithambo." The adolescent's eyes shone with interest. "And if I may be so bold, I'd like to make that sort of impact, too." She grinned. "Naturally I'd go straight to the top to make that happen. You don't move boulders by tapping at the stone, right?" So, cutting straight to the case she stood and perked her ears eagerly.

"I'd like to become apart of your inner circle, Umama Umlotha." Kgabu declared to the older lioness. "More specifically, I'd very much like you to take me on as your apprentice, if you'll have me."

SilverLutz
Gah! Sorry for my late reply! sweatdrop

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:16 am
Umlotha couldn't help the pleased, cocky smirk that settled on her face as the young female spoke to her. Oh, her reputation preceded her even with the younger ones, how excellent! Of course, her own children that were born from a rogue were about Kgabu's age, so surely she had played with them when she was younger. Now her boys were off in the rogue lands with explicit instructions to return some day and challenge for a place in the pride.

"Well now," she purred softly, a little bit of a chuckle added to the end. "I've never had someone come looking for me for a good reason before. Surely your mother would be horrified to know you'd like to be taken under my wing." Ah, the mere thought of scandalizing even more of her fellow pride mates was too good to pass up! She had her own daughter and a few other females behind her in terms of kicking up dirt in the watering hole, but to bring in someone new, someone fresh...oh, it was perfect.

"What makes you think you're worth my time?" she asked, still smirking at the smaller female. Just because it was good didn't mean she wanted to waste her time with someone who would sputter and fail later down the line.

belloblossom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:17 pm
Kgabu straightened up when she was asked by the darker lioness of what made her think she was worth Umlotha's time and she raised her violet eyes to the golden ones of her superior.

"Umlotha, you've seen first paw that when I want to get someone's attention that I'm good about going about it, without causing any fuss. Similarly, I can blend well enough to gather information about other members of the pride."
She smiled mischievously. "And while my mother would indeed hate for me to say such a thing, I take pride in knowing that while others may say I am a gossip, my information is always correct and not simply rumor." She flicked an ear. "Well, almost always."

Her tail swung lazily behind her, before she had the mind to still it.
"Wouldn't it be within your best interests to have an extra pair of ears and eyes around the pride? I'm sure you'd like to keep updated in all of the goings-on of the pride and even you, no offense, can't possibly keep up with everything that's being said, right?" She asked. Despite her confidence, she couldn't help wondering if this would be enough to impress the Umama or if she would be turned away for her cheek.

SilverLutz

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:56 am
Oh, she had courage, this little lioness. That alone interested Umlotha and she listened intently even if she appeared to be mildly distracted by a fly that buzzed by. She fixed her golden eyes on the younger female as she continued, an amused smirk on her face as Kgabu finished her little speech. A bark of laughter left her at the end and she took a step closer, lifting her large paw to rest it atop the grey head before her.

"You have spirit, little lady," she said with a grin. "I like spirit. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have another friend," she added, the term a loose one but meaninful all the same. Her 'friends' had helped her gain the position of Umama after all, and even if they didn't agree on everything she knew she had sway over them. This little one she could raise to her liking, teaching her a few tricks and tactics along the way.

"I'll give you a probation period," she said as she pulled her paw back. "We'll see how helpful you are to me for the next month or two. Once you're fully grown I'll pass my judgement. But for now, little Kgabu, I will accept your offer."

Leading the young lioness away, Umlotha smirked slightly to herself. One to mold as she saw fit...an apprentice to her ways of mayhem and dislike. Oh, it was too good to be true!

FIN  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff