Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:24 pm
Some Wounds Don't Heal

Lying flat on her back, Nyx blinked up at the ceiling, hands folded limply in her lap. It was probably not a good idea to take a nap on the wooden table she was resting on, but an oh-so-tempting idea at the same time. After being attacked by not only one, but TWO insects during her ill-advised private adventure into the forests of Juahar, she had had to be carried to the nearest healer in the village. It was getting harder to remember what the guy had looked like, but she did recall golden hair, and soft eyes of a mismatched blue and green. Not that it really mattered in the moment anyways: she was handed off to some other guy instead.

Her head lolled to the side, squinting as the man moved about his space. The one to answer the door had been another one of those dark-skinned moon people, Shifters, as they are called. Why anyone would choose to make this dark, depressing, never ending expanse of forest their home was beyond her. But the glowing mushrooms were actually kinda cool, she had to give ‘em that. If you cut one open, would they glow on the inside too? But more importantly: how sick would it be to smear some of their ooze on your face, so you’d glow in the dark too?

The thought amused her greatly, chuckling tiredly. The venom from the menzuri that had bitten her ankle was properly circulated through her system by now, and while it had caused all kinds of strange hallucinations, it hadn’t succeeded at killing her yet. Though Nyx’s legs were totally numb by now, which she supposed she should be worried about. But at least her chest didn’t hurt anymore, which was nice; but her top was ruined, covered in a bunch of red stuff and slashed apart. She dabbed two fingers at it, coming away with a viscous liquid coating the tips. Was it blood? Couldn’t be HER blood though, it looked like it was glowing? How odd…

Not one to miss an opportunity, she smeared the red ooze on the ridges of her sharp cheekbones, and down the bridge of her nose. It was a bummer she couldn’t see herself, but SURELY it looked awesome, very fearsome and intimidating. How often do you find war-paint that glows anyways? She hummed contently to herself, closing her eyes as her own dull blood glistened on her ashen face.

[1/10]  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:58 pm
"Ikkio!"

Ikkio was tempted not to listen to her Aunt (Grandmother?), out of spite. She was sulking - her actions at the festival had reached her father's ears, her uncle's ears, her entire family's ears, and she'd been thoroughly scolded. What did she think she was doing, disrupting the festival like that? Disrespecting her elders? No one listened to how she'd thrown a fireball at the Dretch-thing, which had been MUCH more disruptive and disrespectful if you asked her. No, they just stuck her with cleaning and disposing of all of the gross bedding that a healer hut went through. It was hunting season. There was a lot.

"Ikkio, get in here!"

Ikkio rolled her eyes. Her grandmother was a parasite, her injuries made her no longer able to hunt or do anything but bother everyone else. Her look could kill, though. And she knew all of Ikkio's tricks, the damn old harpy.

"What?" Ikkio called back, reluctantly.

"You have a patient, little serpent."

"Uncle can handle it." Ikkio said, petulantly. She didn't want to help anyone today. They were all fools - To the spirits with that.

"Reshy's gone out. Besides, I think you'll like this one. Right up your alley. Gone and smeared herself with her own blood for some reason - looks real happy about it too."

Well, Ikkio supposed that was intriguing enough to stop being petulant for a moment and step in. She wasn't sure what she was expecting, but her festival friend Nyx, covered in blood and clearly severely injured was not what she'd been expecting.

I kind of owe her, and it would be utterly awful if she up and died so soon she thought, Nyx had seemed like she would be so fun, after all. Nothing like anyone else here. Thus, she had become the root of several spiteful ideas - on the right side of them, of course, nothing too bad for her - So it would be very disappointing to lose her before they even begun.

Ikkio seated herself next to her, ignoring her smirking grandmother (Aunt? what did one call the mother of ones father when she'd never bothered to be in his life for several decades?) "Well, hello Nyx..." She checked the young woman's temperature and pulse, "What happened to you?" Something interesting, she was sure.

MissMisnomer

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:38 am

As hopped up as she was on venom and winded from blood-loss, Nyx’s reflexes weren’t exactly at the top of their game, to say the least. So it wasn’t until the other girl was sitting at her side and touching her forehead that Nyx actually twitched, startled out of her lethargic musings. Her eyes shot open, half sitting up on the table as it took a moment for her to remember where she was, “What in the―?!” But then it all came back in a flash, as well as the pain in her chest, her damaged muscles very much not appreciating her sudden movement. Nyx tried to lie back down with a groan, shifting from side to side until she was at a place where the crystals on her spine weren’t scraping against the table.

“Hello again, Beautiful. Fancy meeting you here,” she muttered, lolling her head to look at Ikkio. “I had the dumb idea of trying to tango with the local wildlife, all of which were very rude and unwilling dance partners.” She shrugged her spiked shoulders, giving an eye roll. “Plus I can’t really dance, soOOo that kinda ruined the idea before we even got started. Sneaky bastards. Could’a at least had the decency to WARN a girl before they jumped ‘er.” She smirked at Ikkio, lifting her hands in a dismissive motion for a moment, “MEN, amiright?”

[2/10]  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:17 pm
MissMisnomer

Crystal scraping against stone was an awkward sound and Ikkio wasn't sure about it at the moment. "Careful, there, I need to take a look at you..." So stop wiggling...

Ikkio wondered, briefly, whether being called beautiful by a bloody injured young woman was a sign of injury or whether it meant that Nyx was actually fine and confident in her health enough to hit on Ikkio... and she was just generally crazy in all aspects in a way that Ikkio hadn't gotten to see at the festival. She didn't know the girl well enough to tell for sure... So, she took it as a complement.

"Well, if they were unwilling, wouldn't it be you that jumped them?" Ikkio said, amused. It didn't look like Nyx had been hit in the head - her wounds were mostly... everywhere else. They had to be dealt with. "Still... Men. They take you up on something, and then get sooooo upset when you don't deliver exactly what they want."

Actually, she had no idea what that was like, because she was usually the one making others upset. And getting exactly what she wanted.... up until certain people caught on and decided to make her life so difficult. Like her father. "... Men... Though, I guess depending on the wildlife, it could be a lady too."

Anyway, magic, poison, or some sort of strange bezerker-rage was the only explanation for Nyx's crazed state... or was she usually like this?  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:58 pm

Psssssh,” Nyx puffed, waving her hand dismissively. “Semantikes. Semantooks. Seman...tics? Whatever. It’s a dumb word. You get what I mean.” She wasn’t a studious girl, or one to use fancy language. But it wasn’t like she was dumb, by any means. Quite the opposite: her wit was quick and mind calculating. She just didn’t like wasting her time on trying to learn words that impressed people. Better to be impressed by her actions instead.

She settled back down, rapping her fingers on the stone beneath her. “So...what now? You here to get in on some of this sick action?” Gesturing to the blood on her chest, she wiggled her arched eyebrows. “Pretty cool, right? I don’t know where it came from, probably one of those nasties in the forest. But look how it glows; that’s pretty cool right?” Her eyebrows knit together, curiosity taking over. “Does everything glow here? What about you, does your blood glow?”

Not that anything's blood really glowed: Nyx was just toked out of her mind right now.

[3/10]  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:58 pm
MissMisnomer

"Sure." It did not glow. Nothing about this girl was glowing, least of all the blood all over her. "EV-ery thing glows here. Mm, I'll show you." The banter was almost reflexive - not reflexive was the wave of magic that she made wash over the girl. That did glow. "See?"

It was just a diagnosis spell, enough to know that it was not magic but something more physical trying to work its way through her system. Poison. "Oh my, you wouldn't have happened to..." she glanced back at the older woman for confirmation.

"... have come across some very large webs lately?" Her 'grandmother' added. The older woman's smirk told her that she agreed with Ikkio's assessment. Ikkio had never seen menzuri poison in action before, but she'd heard about it - visions and vivid hallucinations, designed to make sure you became prey to something... if not he menzuri.

"They would have been very glowy." Ikkio said, leaning over with increased interest. What if she took some blood from Nyx? Could she study the poison that way? But no, that woman was there, watching her... ugh. Still, she could take her time preparing some kind of antidote and just enjoy the effects... now, where were those mind-stabilizing herbs she'd prepared for her father the other day?  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

MissMisnomer

Omnipresent Browser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Whistling appreciatively, Nyx watched as the mini light show washed over her body. With the wave came a tingling sensation, butterflies dancing on her skin. She squirmed a little, scrubbing a hand over her arm to dispel the strange feeling. “Shoo” she mumbled, flicking at the blue winged hallucinations.

Satisfied that all the insects had been dispelled, she grunted in confirmation, looking again at the older woman in the room. “Yeah, I saw some of those. And the biggest, ugliest spider in the world. You people have some pretty nasty neighbors, I don’t know why you don’t just move. This place sucks. Now Tale…”

She turned her attention to Ikkio, smirking. “…Tale is much better. Our bugs don’t want to rip your face off. Lots of sunshine. Could even work on getting a nice tan: you’re pale as hell. Bet you’d look great with some color.” Winking, she poked at the exposed skin of the other girl’s belly. “You should come visit some time. Promise I’ll play nice~”

[4/10]
DraconicFeline
Oh my god I'm so sorry, here's your tag T w T

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas