Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Ashes and Sand (Kimya and Fleance)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:58 am
User Image

Kimya had gained new reputation for being a fighter, since she'd picked a fight with Larak's new lioness. Despite the fact that Larak had interrupted the fight and prevented her from completing it, she had still gained some favor in her pride. It was a nice change, to see others looking at her with respect for once. She wasn't sure how long it would last, but she would enjoy it while she could.

And she didn't stop looking for other ways to gain favor from her pride mates. She was well-aware that strength was a key part in this, but she had also figured out another way: cub-rearing. If she bore strong-blooded cubs, she would surely gain favor in the pride, right? Especially if her cubs ended up going on do be mighty warriors of her own.

When she had first thought of it, she shrugged it off. She didn't have to think about cub-rearing (or bearing) just yet. Yet the days passed and the thought nagged her until she decided she would do it, once, for the purpose of raising strong cubs and currying more favor within her pride. Then, she would go on fighting her way to the top.

So she started to look around for a suitable father. When she found none, she started to push the borders. She walked past the ruins and further into the desert.

Gods willing I will find someone worth my while. She thought as she searched onward.

Puhterodactyl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:03 pm
User Image
Fleance, if he had been known by many gods or mortals, would probably have little to no reputation as a fighter. He wasn't a pacifist, rather, he was what some might call a "coward" and that's just if they weren't one to use foul language. He didn't have much need to fight, though. Of the abilities gifted to the gods, flight and transportation were all he needed to end disputes (via escape).

It wasn't so much that he was afraid of new or strange situations; he just needed and escape plan. But if something caught and held his interest, then why not check it out? In this life, it had only gained him a few miscellaneous offspring, no real harm done, he felt. He approached each new day pretty openly.

So it was maybe becoming a little bit strange that the god found himself in the same situation so often...

Today, he had started the day simply enough, sent his familiars out to do... whatever it was a waterbuck and ratel were wont to do, and he decided to examine some ruins in the desert. Having had an unknown number of past lives, the god was curious if he had seen this place in its hay-day, but so far nothing had come to him. Until he saw a blue-gray lioness walking past them and further into the desert.

If Yoshiteru or Nho'toi had been there, they would have acted as voices of reason (annoying voices of reason) and told him not to follow her, but they were somewhere else, so the god waited for the lioness to create some distance, and he left the ruins, each step mingling ashes with the sand.

belloblossom

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:42 pm
Kimya stalked through the desert, wondering where she might start to look. She had suspected one of the few oasis' in the desert may hold her future, in some form or another, so that's where she headed towards.

She eventually came upon the oasis, which was a clear pool of water with a few bushes surrounding it. She dipped her muzzle into the water, which was warm, but thirst quenching all the same. Not too long ago, she had gotten the growing suspicion that she may have attracted someone's eye, but she didn't quite like the idea of turning to look at what she may have attracted. Her fur had risen on its own and she'd been fighting off the urge to growl for some time. Whoever's attention she had gained, they weren't the usual lions she found at or within the Nergui borders.

So, she crouched by the oasis and drank slowly, before finally raising her head and speaking in conversational, soft tones as she remarked.
"If you are thirsty or need any sort of refreshment, this water is perfect for that." A pause and then. "I won't be moving for a while, so no need to worry if I'll attack or anything. Today's my day off." Everything else was so dull, anyway and the Nergui had never really done anything noteworthy that involved her, save for Larak and Sorra's influence on her life, so she had reasoned that a day off was what she needed, as well as some form of excitement in her life.

Maybe whomever was following her would provide this excitement, or perhaps not. Either way, it was time to wait and see.

Puhterodactyl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:36 pm
Fleance should have expected her to acknowledge or address him in some way, but still, when she did it made him jump a little- not very godly, but what else was new. He scrutinized her, now that they were closer. His dull red eyes first covered her size, the distance between them and her posture- as if to assess her for any risks or threats. She had said she wouldn't attack, and he could handle her (or escape) if she did, anyway.

Cautiously, he made his way closer.

He stooped over and drank from the pool. It wasn't good. It also wasn't the worst. Also he didn't know if he even needed to drink water to stay alive but he made it a habit anyway (again, it was a lot easier to get around to find sources of potable water with the god powers and all). When he was done, he stood up straight and shook out his wings a little so the feathers would fall in place, which had the additional affect of dropping some more ashes on the ground around him. He still wasn't done sizing her up, but he decided to speak.

"So your regular day-job is attacking?"  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:50 pm
Kimya raised her gaze to the other before her. He was a lion and she knew the moment she took in his appearance that he was a god. He was not the first god she had met, but it still sent a thrill along her spine to see one. He had wings that scattered ashes everywhere and had a soft grey pelt. He bore feathers around his neck and some curious markings here and there, but nothing as bold as the God of Petrification whom she had met with previously. She blinked at him and then smiled at his question.

"Not usually." She replied. "I do what's asked of me, but usually my job is to sneak around and investigate the goings-on around my pride." She shrugged and then fixed him with a look of amusement. He was younger than Tafari had been. Could gods age? "And what is your day job, hm?" She inquired with a curious tilt in her head.

Puhterodactyl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:03 pm
"What sort of pride employs you to attack, sneak and investigate, hmm?" He tilted his head at the lioness. They were both gray, but while his was warmer, hers was cooler. He liked the contrast. Sometimes the heat could be stifling.

"My day job is to be, well... godly, I suppose." He shrugged, ashes falling loose from his feathers from the movement. "I gravitate towards areas burnt by wildfires or volcanoes, once the flames have died down and there's only ashes left, I appear and help instill hope and faith in those who are left behind that from their losses comes rebirth... more fertile soil yields more grass, more grass means more grazers, and if you're a predator, more grazers means better hunting." He shrugged.

"It's necessary, since gods are somewhat sustained by mortals' belief in them."

belloblossom

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:32 pm
Kimya didn't see a problem with telling this god, so she replied to his question, unsure of whether he had wanted an answer to begin with.
"We are called the Nergui." She told him. "Since I was not born there, I can say that they are a rather aggressive bunch, though they are not without honor, either." She smiled at that and shrugged. "They protect themselves and if my sneaking around is needed to make sure that others who may be threats do not enter our borders, so be it."

She tilted her head at his reply to his own job and smiled.
"That sounds about right, or rather, what I would imagine... What's a volcano?" She asked, flicking her ears towards him with interest. "Do you travel very far? I did a bit of traveling, when my first pride disbanded and before I came here to the desert." The notion of rebirth was an interesting one and she nodded slowly. "Yes, that certainly sounds interesting. You must be a very important god, among your kind." She remarked and then flicked her ears again. "Are you considered young? You'll have to forgive me, for I know I must seem like a cub before you, but you do look, for the time being, younger than myself, for all your godliness." She remarked.

She paused briefly and then added.
"And you'll have to pardon me again, in the event that my questions are bothering you." She told him. "It is rather thrilling to be so close to a god.
I can't help, but feel some attraction to you based on that... and you're easy way of speaking to me.
" She added.

Puhterodactyl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:00 pm
Fleance considered her reply.

"I suppose that's within a pride's rights..." he tilted his head, thoughtfully.

"A volcano... ah... hmm... My half-sister Pele, the goddess of volcanoes, could explain it better than I can but... It's like a mountain that spits fire and ashes." Hm, that was easier than he thought, actually. He considered her next question and nodded.

"I've never been too far into any desert- there's not much to catch fire there- but I have been to the ocean, to swamps, mountains, plains, lakes and so on. There's really a lot to see." More than any one mortal could expect to see in their lifetime but he didn't need to say it and be rude. He gave a crooked, bashful smile.

"I wouldn't say I'm very important among my kind... There are greater gods like Death and Life, Day and Night and so on, but there are ones with smaller, more specific domains than mine, though I wouldn't say they're less important necessarily... I seem to be stuck at adolescence, but it could just be hard for me to determine, given my scale and sense of time is a little... off... Maybe I have one last growth spurt in me left yet!" He shrugged, unsure of the answer himself. It seemed he'd been around for this incarnation for... a while... His niblings had grown to adulthood already, that was a sure sign he wasn't on track to be an adult any time soon necessarily.

"Oh, it's no bother!" Fleance wasn't the strongest conversationalist, so he found answering questions much easier. But the following part of her statement made his cheeks burn- if they hadn't been so thickly covered in fur, Kimya would have clearly seen how bright pink they were.

"You flatter me, Kimya... Am I the first god you've met? Where was your previous pride?" He thought her build a little familiar, maybe he'd known some of her former pride members. But maybe he was just being evasive- not usually the one to be come-on to.

belloblossom

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:33 pm
Kimya smiled at the other and nodded her head at his words, before tilting her head to one side. He had siblings? Even half-siblings, she didn't expect a god to have siblings, though she supposed it wasn't unheard of, even if she hadn't heard as much from Tafari.

"A mountain that spits fire and ashes..." She echoed with wide eyes. "That sounds like a fearsome thing." She remarked and shuddered at the thought. "I only got used to the heat of the sand here, I don't think I could do very well with proper fire." She was set at ease when he mentioned that there wasn't a whole lot in her desert or any for that matter, that could catch fire and she nodded. "It's a good thing I'm out here then, even though I'm a bit starved for company. Well, there's my pride, but I meant more... intriguing company." Again, she found herself fixing him with a look that had interest written all over her face.

He went on to explaining his place in comparison to other gods and how he aged differently, or so it seemed, than others may have. With a slow nod, despite not understanding fully what he meant, she smiled.
"Well, I'm happy to hear that." She said earnestly, when he assured her she wasn't bothering him. "I am growing fond of your company, I do wish you'll stick around a while longer?" She inquired carefully. She wanted him to stay, at least long enough that she could get to... well, get to know him better, so to say. He may be an adolescent in appearance, but that was simply that and he was still a god all the same. Plus, his fur was such a pretty shade.

"I've met one other god, he was the god of petrification, but he was nothing like you. You're much more appealing." She informed him with a grand smile. "Please, if it's not too much to ask, wouldn't you stay a little while longer?"

Puhterodactyl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:15 am
Fleance had scarcely received such a request, he cocked his head to one side and shuffled his paws in the dust.

"Well, I suppose... that wouldn't have to be out of the question..." He peeked up at Kimya through his forelock. He was starting to feel some kind of sneaking suspicion about what her intentions might be, but he was curious enough to stay even if he was wrong.

"Maybe you could tell me a bit more about this god of petrification while you show me around your pride's lands a bit more?" He suggested while stepping closer to the lioness.  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces