Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Training begins [Larak x Sorra Suau]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:16 pm
She had slept rather heavily throughout the night. Her first night in these strange lands were tough. She was used to the humidity of the jungle. She couldn’t have imagined how cold a desert was at night. It was ridiculous. Nothing about the place was pleasant. Letting out a shudder, she moved further into the warm fur, wanting more warmth. Sorra wondered if it was still night time, with it still being so cold. She adjusted and her body screamed at her. The aches and sores, along with the sand rubbing against her wounds… it was torture. Letting out a groan, she pushed herself up… and saw that the warm fur she had been snuggling up to was none other than Larak. Of course it was.

Quickly, she moved away before her eyes went out towards the darkness. Except, it wasn’t dark anymore. The sun was about to emerge from the horizon and a blue haze rested upon the land. The world didn’t look so ugly, then. As long as she didn’t look at the wall. Stretching, she let out a loud yawn, not caring if she woke the other up. It was the least he deserved.
Belloblossom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:09 am
User Image

Larak had been sleeping soundly, but when the yawn woke him, he leaped to his paws. He stared down the lioness, but there was a sleepy confusion in his eyes. Who...?

And then it came back to him. Ah, Sorra, she called herself. He'd taken her and her froot yesterday instead of stealing her froot and killing her. He had yet to see if he had been wrong in doing this, but she would prove herself, or not, in time.

"Good that you are up." He told her, stretching before padding out of the den. "Come, we will begin your lessons now." He told her and indicated with a sweep of his tail that she was to follow him. To persuade her further, he added, "Unless you would rather face my kin again?"

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:18 am
There just wasn’t a break with this guy, was there? Sorra scowled at him, irritation anew. Her fur was now mattered with sand. She had never felt so disgusting in her life! She was raised rather hygienic, what with a stream near her home den. And even when she traveled, she always found time to bathe. Now… now she was dirty, aching, and irritated. She had slept in the cold and woke up, hoping it had all been some elaborate nightmare. No such luck, however.

”Lessons?” she growled suspiciously, ready to plant her butt in the ugly home and refuse to go. However… what he said next deterred her. Letting out a harsh noise, she followed after him. She even sped up to get ahead of him, wanting to trump him in something. ”Fine, we’ll do it your way. For now,” Sorra hissed, tail already waving. Truth be told, she was never a morning person. Waking up in such a condition was a new high of prissiness, however.

Belloblossom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:11 pm
Larak didn't let the attitude of the lioness get to him that morning. He had trained a few youth of the pride on occasion with a few others. He had hoped that it wouldn't be much different, with the exception that the youth of Nergui were always the most interested in learning battle moves. He suspected that Sorra had no intent to learn how to fight, given her reluctance to do anything at all.

Glancing at her, he let his eyes roam over her, evaluating her wounds from yesterday. He couldn't start her fighting even if he wanted to, which left...

"You must learn terrain of Nergui." He told her, looking on ahead again. "We will walk today." And so he walked. Today was important, because he would gauge her stamina. He would push her a little further each day and then set her to running after, but today they needed a base line, so they would walk past the ruins and back.

"While we walk, you must learn Nergui language." That would take longer, he suspected. "Nergui comes easier to some than others. Let's see which way you fall." His tail grazed the top of the sand. "Saerb. It means sand." Of course he wouldn't mention there were other dialects of Nergui that had different words for sand, he didn't want to dishearten her further.

"You can ask me piotk'art -questions- and I will answer them in my native tongue and then in yours. I may also choose to uovraeko, or replace, words with my native tongue. You may ask me for clarification while we start off, but later I will expect you to know what I mean based on the context of the conversation." He glanced at her and nodded, indicating she was free to ask her questions, about the language or the Nergui. He just hoped he wasn't opening an opportunity to her that he would regret later.

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:25 pm
Walking. She could do walking. Frowning at him, Sorra kept pace. It was easy enough at first, though the sand was obviously going to be difficult after a while. In some areas, where the sand was deeper, she trudged through with a bit of slowness. She could definitely tell that the ache will certainly arrive.

Learning their language? It didn’t sound pleasant to the ears but she tossed her head. She could show him up on this. She had a way with memorization, not that she’d brag about it. Which way she fall, she wanted to growl. ”Saerb,” she gritted out irritably. Show him which way she fell, indeed! ”Piotk’art” she repeated, tone still snappy. ”Are we just going to walk all day?” she growled. She wasn’t looking forward to it. Uovraeko. Replace. She had to remember these words. He was going a bit fast but she repeated the words in her head.

She eyed him as he nodded. Was he expecting something? She remained silent for a moment, studying him, before deciding to make her demands. ”I want my fruits. And somewhere where I can bathe,” she decided. Wait… this was her opportunity. ”I’m willing to… learn but I want some things in exchange.” Sorra purposely chose to ignore that she had her life in exchange. She had to get something out of this, after all.
Belloblossom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:57 pm
Larak was happily surprised when the lioness, albeit grumpily, repeated the words to him. Her accent wasn't native, but it was as garbled as many of the older members. He nodded his head approvingly. She caught on quick.

He was opening his maw to answer her question about their walking, when instead she changed the direction of the conversation from questions to demands. He snorted and shook his mane, sand spraying from his hair that had settled there on account of, well, the present territory.

"You are learning because you want to survive, yes? If you don't learn and I am not there to protect you from a fight, how will you live?" He asked her. He hadn't forgotten the trouble he'd gone through with the Kaar Oma to keep her. He wanted her to learn to be in the Nergui and to strive there. She would only flourish if she knew the ways of the pride. Yet... She had made an interesting proposal.

"I can... see about the bathing area." He relented. "And you will get a froot for every time you do something well. Impress me and we may be able to work out a better..." Larak searched for the word. "Deal." He finished with. He looked over his shoulder at her and looked expectantly at her for a moment, before looking forward and anything her question from earlier.

"Hav rars vo vaerx bovorbt ar lav trav vai aeuo." He let that sink in and then translated a moment later. "How long we walk depends on how slow you are." He spoke again. "Wo v'rr vaerx baev dv baev irk'r klo taerbt dokado gaed'r'aeu ka vai irbougaak. Ik v'rr kaexo lavoqou rars 'k kaexot aerb vai kaer bok'bo lav rars vai vuasuott." He hoped it wasn't too overwhelming, it was a mouthful even for Larak. He went onto translating once more. "We will walk day by day until the sands become familiar to you underfoot. It will take however long it takes and you can decide how long you progress."

He smirked a little as he asked his own question this time and the lion asked with a slight taunt in his voice.
"Da vai kl'rx vai kaer laerbro vaerx'rs? Ou 't oqor klaek ta b'gg'kirk gau vai?" He hoped that the challenge in his voice would imply his words on their own. He hoped that her spirit would flare up and she would try to prove him wrong. He hoped he wouldn't have to drag her by the tail the whole way there because of his cheek.

- Mynsed -
The last two questions translate to: Do you think you can handle walking? Or is even that so difficult for you?

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:11 pm
She remained sullenly silent at his logic. It made sense but she wasn’t about to agree with it. Sorra scowled as her shoulders drooped, annoyed that she needed his protection. She wouldn’t have needed it if he had just let her go. Now, she doubted she could take two steps without being pounced for being considered an outsider.

She did perk up about the bathing bit. Her chin raised, eyes flashing. Impress him, huh? She could blow him out of the proverbial water, if he wanted it. And then he started speaking gibberish. Except… it wasn’t gibberish. Her eyes widened before she squinted them, trying to concentrate. There were… two how’s but none of the words sounded repeated. She was so focused on putting word to word that she realized she was going slower. Letting out an annoyed grunt, she quickly caught up again. ”You’re speaking too fast,” she growled before huffing. ”Teach me the basics. Like… we’ll start with family members. Male, female, cub, mother, father… words like that. I can’t learn it if you just talk gibberish at me,” Sorra muttered with slight annoyance. She would try. If she couldn’t escape, she would at least bend when needed and gain knowledge. Better than just sitting in a pout. Sure, she was miserable. But she was smart… she could do something about her misery rather than just wallow.

And then he had to ruin it with that smirk. And… was he taunting her? Her tail whipped. Vai… she was sure vai was you. She heard that multiple times. Vaerx was walk. But it was… extended. They were both questions. You… walk. Or an alternative question, it sounded like. She growled. ”I am walking, aren’t I?” she snapped, her pace picking up. He was going to use her lack of knowledge against her. She needed to change the table. Maybe… Maybe she could meet up with that one lioness. The one who attacked her. The psycho. She shuddered. But there was that offer. And perhaps she could get private lessons and surprise Larak. Wipe that smirk right of his maw. She grinned to herself at the idea. Yes, maybe she’ll do that.
belloblossom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:21 pm
Larak shook his head at the lioness and switched to the common rogue's tongue, though he did not like it.
"You don't yet understand. The easiest way for a rogue to learn the Nergui tongue is to hear and copy it. Only born-in Nergui can understand individual words, because we grew up hearing the different variations. Nergui can be difficult to learn for outsiders, because it was meant to be so. Our ancestors made one would in the common tongue to have different words to mean the same thing in the Nergui tongue." He looked to Sorra and went on. "For example, mother can be 'daklou', 'kusrar' or 'nadhol.' Cub can be 'kid', 'dik, or 'cib'." He shook his head again.

"It is too much to expect a rogue who joined to understand all the words in Nergui for one word, so it is best for you to listen to the way I say them in my tongue. If you repeat my words, then other Nergui will understand your meaning clearly and with fellow rogue Nergui, you can substitute common rogue words if they, too, do not understand." He told her, before making the effort to slow down his speech.

"Ik 't dokkou klaek vai roaeur guad do. (It is better that you learn from me. )" He told her. At her comment about the walk, he smiled a little. "Yai roaeur gaetk. Gaab. (You learn fast. Good.)" He nodded, translating after his sentences, though it was certainly a chore to do so.

"Now, ask me more questions. I'm sure you must have them." He told her.

- Mynsed -

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:46 pm
Her ears went flatter and flatter as Larak went on to inform her of why he couldn’t just teach her individual words and why he must teach her in his difficult way. This seemed impossible. She wanted to turn tail and run. Not that she could. How would she ever learn this difficult language? Her back did stiffen as he insulted her again. Too much to expect? How dare he! So what, was she supposed to just learn phrases and get by with this? Perhaps she would visit the psycho sooner rather than later.
”Ik te doku klaek vai roaeur guad do.” she tried in an angry sulk, repeating his words back to him as best as she could. It is better that you learn from me. Vai was certainly you. Except… ”Yai roaeur gaetk. Gaab.” she sneered in response, irritated. You wasn’t vai that time. It was Yai. How troublesome. But it seemed Roaeur was learn. And Gaab was good. Which made gaetk fast. ”I am gaetk,” she threw at him confidently.

Oh boy. Questions. She had so many. But… some, there were really no answers to. Some were sarcastic. And some would make it seem like she was going to easily accept this new lifestyle. She had only one question that she wanted to know dearly at the moment. ”Can I take a bath now?”
"Belloblossom"]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:10 pm
Larak nodded in consideration. She was doing well, considering. Picking up words fast. He was pleased and even though he knew they could still walk forward for many miles, he nodded in reply to her question.

"Vouv vorr. (Very well.)" He replied and turned around. "Yai daev kaexo vaiu daekl. (You may take your bath.)" He then started to head back, the same way they came so that Sorra could get used to the route out into the desert. After she became more familiar with the path, he would start showing her other ways in and out of the pride territory, but he hesitated on showing her out, because what if she left? He growled softly at the thought of him giving her his best only for her to run off. He would not let that happen. He would not let this go to waste.

"Taexo kaeuo ka bok'bo vlouo vai daeklo. Martkout riux 'r vraekot vai kaerrak aervaevt too. (Take care to decide where you bathe. Monsters lurk in places you cannot always see.)" He told her as they entered the ruins that were closer to the Nergui lands and there he let her have her privacy. "I will be at the den. Come find me when you are finished." He told her flatly, before heading off. He suspected she may take her time, being away from him, so maybe he could interact with his pride in his usual terms or scare a less fortunate rogue from the borders. He would decide that whenever it struck him.

- Mynsed -
Fin!

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash