Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[PRP] the fading sun (Mgbamizu x Obiike)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:39 pm
User Image

Golden eyes were slow to focus on the land before him. To say their home had been through hardship was an understatement. With many lives lost during the plague, including that of his father, and now the loss of their Onyeisi, Mgbamizu found himself retreating into his mind more and more. It was here he felt at peace with everything around him. He had many questions, though he never knew exactly how to express them out loud. So he would meditate, ponder them until many hours would pass, or until another brought him out of his deep thoughts.

Today was not much different. The sun was waning, leaving the land dusted with a golden glow. Such beauty it was. Mgbamizu found his stare focused towards the sky, before shifting the gaze to the shadow walking slowly before him.

"Obiike?" He said quietly, rising from his current position. He hadn't expected to see Akwa's mate strolling about.

Porcelain Pinch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:12 am
User Image

Obiike found himself with little to do as his cousins readied themselves for their trials to become the next Onyeisi. He had already paid his respects to the family shrine and his family needs were taken care of. The lion couldn't even bother his mate for a bit of company. She was deep in slumber and he couldn't bare to wake her. Akwa always looked so much more peaceful when she was asleep. Made him wonder what she was dreaming about.

Being one to rarely ever sit in one place for far too long; Obiike decided that a walk was in order. His path led him more towards his mate's previous family's grounds. It wasn't like he was expecting to see anyone, but...he had to admit, he was hoping to. Akwa's mother was curt and standoffish on his end. They had only exchanged a few words, but it was enough to get the point across--she didn't like him. It was a shame. He had wanted a strong bond between he and his mate's ex-family. Having no immediate family to call his own gave him a bit more space and time to have good relations with others Alas, Keoyi didn't make it easy.

Thus it was a relief when he saw Mgbamizu alone. He wouldn't have been perturbed if his mate's mother was there, but he was more interested in a pleasant conversation instead of a challenge. An easy smile tugged at his lips as he neared the other lion. "Hey, Obiike gave a polite nod. "Mind if I sit with you for a bit?"

KasaiLoki
I've plotted a bit with Mynsed about Keoyi's and Obiike's current relationship. u wu Keoyi does not like that Obiike took her baby away from her : ' D

Porcelain Pinch

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:33 am
Porcelain Pinch
Haha, sounds good! Mgbamizu is probably just like 'Don't get me involvedplease, thanks gonk

It wasn't like the Aguu's had terrible standings with the other families, but the Akaraaka's held a black spot in a particular member's heart. Mgbamizu's mother, Keoyi, seemed to dislike the dark pelted male for the reason of taking Akwa away from their home. Mgbamizu had tried to reason with his mother, a bird needed to leave the nest sometime, right? Alas, he had failed. He could not help but feel sorry for Obiike partially. One day, he was sure, his mother would come around. Until then, Obiike should keep a vigilant eye when entering the Aguu's terrain.

The lion shook his head, his bone-clad necklace making a small ticking sound as it hit the gold beads. "Not at all," Mgbamizu stated quietly. He returned back to his seated position, watching Obiike carefully, before shifting his sight to around. No Keoyi, not even her scent.

The only son sighed a short breath of relief. He did not want to get into the middle of any potential arguments if his mother arrived. He wanted to stay neutral about the situation. After all, whether his mother agreed or not, Obiike was now 'part of the family' as Akwa's chosen mate.

"What brings you to these parts of the land?" The lion's voice was always quiet. It was a testament to his name, meaning whisper. If Mgbamizu had ever raised his voice, one would know something was wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:42 pm

A broad smile enveloped Obiike's lips at the nod, immediately sitting down next to Mgbamizu. "Thank you. I haven't seen you in a while." Well, a few days. Yet it was longer than usual. Keoyi put a stop to his plans of visiting usually. The female was cordial and polite but...he knew he wasn't welcome. Her tone and stiffness were enough to show that. He had wanted to ask her why but he knew it was futile. The lioness was a piece of work when it came to keeping the peace. Someday, he'd win her over. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he couldn't.

The dark pelted lion shrugged good-naturedly. "Honestly? I didn't have nothing to do." he chuckled softly, a twinkle in his eye. "Akwa was asleep so I thought a little walk towards her previous home wouldn't hurt any." It wasn't expected of him to take care of the Aguu family, but Obiike felt like it was a must to at least keep tabs on them. To help out whenever possible. "I imagine your mother would be pleased to see me around these parts." His smile waned at the sarcastic comment. Keoyi had always worried him. The lack of humor he saw within her couldn't be good for Akwa's siblings.

Fortunately, Obiike planned to be there to add a bit of fun and joy. Mateship, in his mind, was a perfect way to obtain happiness. Akwa did make his day better, after all. He hoped the same for her siblings. "Has a female caught your eye yet? The lion nudged Obiike's shoulder. " You can always tell me."

KasaiLoki
He tries not to but..some things slip. : ' D

Porcelain Pinch

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:23 am
Porcelain Pinch
Oops, I think Obiike hit a soft spot for Mgbamizu. lol

Mgbamizu could not help but check at Obiike's excuse. "Nothing to do, so you thought you'd visit the inlaws, huh?" Humor laced his words. He did appreciate the company though. Mgbamizu knew he needed to take a mate to continue the family lines. With the death of his father, there were no other males left to continue the lines. A frowned replaced the smile the once captivated his lips. One would think being surrounded by a family of girls he would know how to act around them. Sadly, he was quite mistaken. He definitely needed pointers in that area of his life.

The brown lion's ears flattened against his head. And there Obiike had to go bring that up. "No." he said curtly. Did he have a love interest? He wasn't sure.

"I mean. I don't know." Mgbamizu shifted uncomfortably, wanting to change the subject, and quickly. "You said Akwa was sleeping? How has she been? You guys have been together for a while it seems," the brother really should go visit his sister one of these days. "Any plans for children?" Maybe if Keoyi knew she'd be a grandmother, things would change between the Aguu and the Akaraaka's. Cubs seemed like such a rarity in the pride, with the plague wiping out most of their youth. Without new life, the N'ezi-ozu was destined to fail.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Obiike nodded. "You heard right" Other than his own family, there was no one that he'd rather be closer to. Keoyi's reaction to her daughter being wed made it obvious that she thought he was going to keep Akwa from the family that she was born into. The lion wanted to prove her wrong, so very badly. If it wasn't for Keoyi, he probably wouldn't care if he felt a strong bond towards his mate's family or not. His mates siblings were at least pleasurable to be around.

His eyes narrowed as he observed the other male, scrutinizing his movement. "Why so terse?" He tilted his head to the side. Was he not interested in marriage? Didn't want to? His lips pulled down into a frown. That wouldn't do. His life was okay before Akwa, but without her, he would feel unfulfilled. Their mother was proof that marriage brought happiness. He didn't know Keoyi before the passing of her mate, but he was positive that she was happier when he was alive.

He eyed him cautiously, before a smile blossomed on his face as he changed the topic. "Akwa is fine and up to her usual antics," Chuckling, Obiike lifted a paw to, weakly brushing it over Mgbamizu's cheek. Cute. As much as he loved talking about his mate and could go on for ages, he wasn't going to easily switch topics. Not when there was something much more important. Mgbamizu could try to run away from the topic, but Obiike was going to dog him about it until death or when the lion finds someone.

"Yeah," He looked towards the skies, now wistful. He and Akwa had been trying for a while but there was no success. Maybe they just weren't meant to have kids. Who knows. Obiike wasn't going to stop trying though. The lion was sure that it would make not only his ancestors proud, but Keoyi. To brighten up her life, even just a smidge, had become what seemed to be a life long project for him.

Obiike switched gears, a teasing glint to his eyes. "And you? What's this 'I don't know business'? Need a few pointers from a pro?" The male puffed out his chest. "If your mom is the issue, I can always distract her. Or talk. Although.. he laughed, "I don't think that talking to her would work much."

KasaiLoki
Awww ;u;

Porcelain Pinch

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:56 am
Porcelain Pinch
Depending how this Meta goes, I could really see Mgbamizu going to Obii and just being.. 'I concede, show me your ways".
lol

The brown pelted lion nodded, glad to hear Akwa was her normal self. The male found himself shifting away from the Obiike's paw as he placed it upon his cheek. His nose twitched. Obiike was a little too close for comfort for Mgbamizu's liking.

"A pro?!" Mgbamizu let out a snort, his ears resting flat against his green mane. "Hah, I'm not sure I would go that far in describing yourself." Although, compared to the two, Obiike was the one with a mate, and he, nothing. "What kind of pointers are you offering?" Not that Mgbamizu needed it. (Well, he probably did, but he would not let Obiike know). He was more intrigued at the notion of what the darker male had to offer. The Aguu male resisted the urge to poke Obiike in his puffed out chest.

"I feel like talking to mother will not be beneficial." Mgbamizu shrugged inwardly. His mother really didn't need to know about his personal life, really. That was the last thing he wanted someone to go digging around in. Besides, if he wanted to find a partner, he would just need to make himself more available to everyone? Maybe after the new Onyeisi was appointed. Then, maybe then, he would really ask for Obiike's help.

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games