Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Motoujamii Lands
[SRP] Mystery Man (Uriah, Paschar, Asyria)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:10 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:55 am
She had hoped that her conversation with her father would be largely ignored by the majority of the Firekin, and for the most part, it had been. Unfortunately, it seemed that her new found friends had taken it upon themselves to take a greater interest in her affairs. This was a new experience for the lioness who had lived much of her life in solitude, not because she had been ordered to, but simply because it had suited her to do so. She was still getting used to the fact that she now had individuals in her life that would pry, and it seemed that today was going to be one of those days.

The black lioness could already see the familiar faces waiting for her as she came over one of the dunes; the pure red lioness seemed to be rather intrigued by what she had seen, while the red and black lioness seemed to have a much more impish smile. No doubt they both wanted answers, but if Asyria had been one for bets, she would have been quick to double down on Paschar taking a lead in this interrogation. In fact, Paschar was positively giddy with excitement as Asyria came into earshot to the point that she was quivering. Who would have thought that such an insignificant meeting could result in so much excitement?

"Paschar..." Asyria greeted the most giddy of the two first with just a hint of amusement in her voice. "Uriah," she added, choosing to acknowledge the calmer of the two after. While Uriah didn't provide an immediate reply, she did nod in response before quickly glancing at Paschar.

Both Asyria and Uriah pondered over how long it would be before their companion exploded.

"You know you look like you're going to spontaneously combust?" Asyria asked at last and tilted her head to the side. A wry smile lined her lips and then finally, Paschar did burst. Credit where it was due, the lioness had lasted for a a bit longer than had been anticipated.

"So who is he?" she asked curiously and motioned behind Asyria. Gideon had long wandered off, disappearing from view so that neither she or Uriah could admire his form. He'd cut quite the figure on the horizon, but neither of them had been close enough to discern who he might be, and more importantly, what he might have discussed. All that had been clear to the two observers was that he had known Asyria and they both seemed familiar with one another.

"Based on coat colour, I'd assume a relative," Uriah chuckled at gave Paschar a gentle patch. "A brother maybe."

"Or a lover," Paschar interjected. "Possibly from an old home, trying to persuade her to come back," she gave a gusty sigh at the possibility of such a romance, regardless of how unrealistic it would be. In the world of Asyria such romantic notions didn't really feature, or at least they didn't feature that dramatically.

"He's my father actually," Asyria replied with a roll of her eyes. "And his name is Gideon," she added before either of the pair could query that piece of information. As far as she was aware she didn't have any full blooded siblings, her father had advised her that his former mate had not been a lioness and as a consequence the only siblings she had were of mixed blood. Consequently it was very unlikely that she was going to be meeting any nieces or nephews any time soon, and based on her father's own remarks, she wouldn't be expecting siblings either.

At least the split had been amiable.

"Huh, so he's a rogue then," Paschar remarked and placed her paw against her chin thoughtfully.

"He has a home, Paschar," Asyria corrected and gave a small shrug. "He just never told me where it was," she added and raised a brow. "Said that I was much more suited to a life of choice and freedom, whatever that means."

"Maybe he's a slave!"

"Paschar, really?" Uriah murmured with a small laugh.

"He's not a slave," Asyria gave Paschar a mild smack to the leg and sighed. "Probably just a lot of ridiculous rules that I wouldn't be able to invest any time in, maybe that's why he's out here too," she pointed out. Admittedly she didn't think that was the reason, but she also couldn't get the real one out of him. For want of a better explanation her father had always been exceedingly good at gathering intelligence, he had 'spies' everywhere, and he always seemed to move with purpose. Whatever he actually did might have been lost on her, but he definitely wasn't a simple rogue or a slave... He had too much scope and influence for that.

"Makes sense," Paschar murmured and gave her chin another little rub. "So is he single?" she queried.

"Oh dear gods, Paschar..." Uriah began to laugh again and gave the younger lioness another nudge. Paschar wasn't shameless, but she was certainly very curious, and Uriah had to admit that had she been younger and single, she might very well have posed that question herself.

"I'm only asking what you were thinking...and probably what anyone else who saw him was thinking."

"He is single," Asyria gave a dismissive wave of her paw. "But too busy for romance, no idea what he does, but he doesn't strike me as being in a paternal mood at the moment. Maybe in time whenever he's done with...whatever he was doing."

"So it was more of a flying visit then, huh?" Uriah asked and rolled her eyes at Paschar's expression; evidently the younger lioness hadn't accepted that answer the way Asyria may have wanted her to. In the world of Paschar it seemed that 'single but not ready' still meant 'available', it just might take some work!

"I actually asked him to swing by," Asyria replied, leaving Paschar to mull over what she had heard. "I wanted to make sure that everyone was okay when they left and well..." she glanced over her shoulder to where her father had been on the horizon. "Who better to ask than someone who seems to have eyes and ears everywhere?" she asked softly. "He promised if he saw anything concerning he would send word back so that we can help them."

"Oh, that was nice of him," Uriah remarked, having already noted that Asyria had indicated he seemed busy. "I imagine they'll be all right though, some of them are green but others are like us and came from out there," she mused.

"That was my hope to," Asyria confirmed. "But this wasn't for me, this was more to reassure some of those I know that their family members are all right," she explained. "Some of them are understandably anxious."

"Would be nice to have news as well," Paschar agreed finally with a smile, having filed away Gideon's existence for another time. "Then we might even have a little preview of their stories before they come home again!"

"And you can prepare to interrogate them, yes..." Uriah agreed with a smirk.

"It wouldn't be an interrogation, it would be a casual interview." Paschar seemed mildly insulted.

"Uh huh..." the other lionesses responded in unison.

"Oh please, I'm not that bad," Paschar grunted and then gave her chest a little pat. "Now, about that father of yours, tell us a little more about him!"

"Oh gods..." Asyria muttered.

Uriah could do nothing more than laugh...

Words: 1253

Epine de Rose

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces