Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands
[PRP] Into the Rainy Night (Kooza & Vegliantino)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:12 pm
User Image

Though obscured by clouds, Lian could tell that the sun was setting. It was a bit unfortunate, as he'd been hoping to go out and explore for at least a little while, but there was nothing that could be done about it. It had been raining almost all day. Even now, little droplets were still drizzling down, but it was, thankfully, beginning to clear up. By morning, he would be able to head out.

Lowering his brown-maned head down to the ground, the white lion continued to watch the rain fall from within the cave he'd taken refuge in. It was one of the many within the pride's lands, and he was surprised that there was no one else in here as well. Ah, well. While he wouldn't mind some company, the quiet was nice too. Perhaps it was better that he got some sleep before tomorrow anyway. If there was one thing his family's training had taught him, it was that it was good to be well rested.

He sighed and closed his eyes as he nuzzled his nose into one of his paws. About a minute went by before he reopened them again to gaze outside once more. Despite his previous thoughts, he still felt restless. Maybe he would just head out after the rain stopped, regardless of the time of night.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:57 am
User ImageKooza was not one to hide from the rain. When the skies opened she revelled in the downpour. Today was no different. She had given her brother 'the slip'. It wasn't hard to get away from Pimasharazi and she knew deep down that he let her go when she wanted to, he was sooooooo over protective, but she knew that deep down he couldn't stop her from going where she wanted to. She had left him napping in the shelter that they had bunked down in with several other lions and without hesitation had run out in to the rain.

Her coat was soaked, and she loved it. The rain dripped in to her eyes and drenched her fur from top to tail, her mess of hair atop her head was plastered to her face and it felt amazing. This was the kind of weather she loved. Wild, free un-tamable. She of course knew it would stop eventually but right now it was creating this beautiful wet world full of the scent of plants opening their pours and breathing. The world smelt fresh and clean and new. It was beautiful.

Dancing in the rain as she was she stopped as her gaze fell upon one of the many dens littered about the pride. She couldn't fail to notice the stark while male within. Without hesitation she marched towards the brown maned male, slipping straight in to the darkness and shaking her soaked fur. "Why are you sitting in here when it is so beautiful outside?" She queried a giggle rolling over her lips as her fur settled and she dripped on to the once dry ground.

MangoMeow

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:56 am
Vegliantino had fallen into sort of a half doze by this point, his eyes at half-mast as he gazed outside the cave. Not really sleeping, but not really awake. His thoughts were beginning to wander when he realized that there was something outside. Eyes narrowing, he lifted his head a bit and stared hard at the shape moving - hopping? - around. There was the sound of splashing out there too, so whatever it was out there was clearly an actual physical thing. Was it a person? Who would be out in this rain right now? He tensed in preparation as it started getting closer.

The blue lioness that marched in was still a bit of a surprise for him, despite knowing that she was heading his way. The familiar scent of a fellow pridemate reassured and relaxed him though.... At least, it did until she began shaking out her fur and sprayed it in every direction. He flinched as droplets of water landed on him, dampening his fur. By the time she'd stopped, he had adopted a deadpan expression. "Well I was keeping dry... but I suppose that's rather moot point now." Huffing, he gave a few swipes of his tongue against his paws. She was clearly someone who enjoyed the rain. He couldn't say he was against it, himself. In fact, he had vague memories of playing in the rain with his siblings as well. But that had been years ago, and he had long since settled into a more serious adult.

Pausing, he tilted his head to the side and looked back up at her. Just a minute ago, he'd been lamenting not having anyone to talk to, and now that someone was here, he was busy cleaning himself. He should take advantage of this moment and make conversation instead. So with that in mind, he continued, "What were you doing out in the rain?"

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:37 am
The blue lioness laughed gently as she watched him flick away the rain from his body. She felt no guilt at all at this, he looked do melancholy, he looked so boring. Well she could certainly change that. "I was dancing." She replied simply, her eyes dancing playfully. "Why are you keeping dry? It is beautiful out there, you know, the rain only comes to bring life you should revel in it while it's coming."

Narrowing her eyes at the pale male before her she waited for a moment before continuing her judgement. "Are you a stick in the mud?" She tilts her head comically, she immediately decided she needed to make this guy lighten up, though she knew, obviously, that forcing anyone to do anything was a method in madness. She would just have to talk him around to her way of thinking.

Settling herself in to a sit she tilted her ears to the rain, listening to the water as it ran off every rock and tree made her so excited, she could feel the bubbling joy in her heart. Her own fur dripped on tot he ground and she could feel a small pool forming by one of her back paws. Hopefully she could convince him to come and play before the rain stopped. It was a terrible shame to sit inside when it was so beautiful out.

"What is your name?" She raised a brow "I'm Whirlpool." She grins broadly, it was the first time she had introduced herself thusly and it felt great, but also a little strange.

MangoMeow

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:39 pm
Lian raised an eyebrow at her words. Dancing in the rain, huh? Well, she wasn't wrong about it bringing life, but it also made it harder to sense what was around you. Perhaps he was biased though. He mostly just didn't want soggy fur. Her next comment sent his fur bristling up his back. He'd hardly say he was a "stick in the mud". (though he'd bet that one of his brothers would beg to differ with that opinion) He just wanted to keep dry, maybe watch and listen to the rain.

There was a dare in those words though, and the white lion felt the need to prove her wrong. It was a trait that ran between all of his siblings. The need to show that they wouldn't back out of a challenge. The only problem was that it would result in him doing the opposite of what he set out to do in the first place. Get wet and show that he wasn't a drag to be around, or don't get wet and probably end up having this female tease him about it later.... This seemed like a no win scenario.

He eyed her for a minute more, watching as she dripped onto the ground. She'd certainly managed to soak herself through to the bone, and looked completely content about it. Finally, with a huff, he replied, "I wouldn't say I'm a 'stick in the mud', as you so eloquently put it, but I'll be heading out in the morning. The rain derailed my leaving earlier." He cocked his head to the side, "And the name's Kite. Are you new here? I don't think I've seen you around before."

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:08 am
The deep blue lioness looked at him for a long moment, she was sizing him up, deciding how far she could push a stranger she had just basically called a party pooper. She wasn't one to go in to these things half baked so ultimately she decided, as he hadn't attached her yet, he was clearly a member of the pride and he seemed bored, that she could ruffle his feathers a little.

Without a moments hesitation she plonked herself down beside him, he dripping wet side pressed against his white fur and a sparkle flashed in those sea blue eyes. "Yes I'm new, my brother and I came here because the Bahari'mtoto is so very boring but we both thought maybe it was time to settle some where and our other siblings, they settled at the bahari." She paused for a moment and turned her gaze to the falling rain. "Well mor emy brother joined to keep an eye on me, he thinks I am a danger to my health." She giggles brightly, why she was telling the white male her life story she would never know, but she felt maybe he deserved to know since she was getting him so, very, wet, just laying beside him. Well it might give him an excuse to come and enjoy himself.

"So, do you want to come and dance with me? You're already wet after all."

MangoMeow

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:34 pm
The white lion grunted when she plopped herself down next to him, grimacing as her wet fur soaked through to his. Well, there went any further attempts at staying dry. After a moment of lamenting his lack of a quiet, dry night - why was he wanting companionship earlier? - he was surprised to note that she was warm despite the chilled water. He puzzled over that while she was talking. Perhaps that is why she was fine with the experience. She probably barely felt the cold.

His ear flicked as he brought himself back to the conversation. He and his siblings had all grown up here, their parents already having been a part of the pride before they were born. He wasn't sure what that would be like, separating from the rest of his family, but it must be a bit lonely. At least it was to their neighbors in the Bahari'mtoto, so she could see them regularly, and her brother joined her. He snorted at the thought of her needing to be watched. Considering her desire to prance around in the rain, he could see where her brother was coming from.

At her request though, Lian hesitated with a slow glance back outside. Again, he didn't want to get wet... though that was sort of a moot point now... and that unspoken dare to not be boring still hung in the air.

Sighing and shaking his head, he groaned out, "Thanks to you." He stretched out his front paws and stared grumpily outside for a moment longer. Then sighed again and side-glanced back at her, "You're not going to leave me alone until I do, will you?"

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:41 am
Kooza beamed brightly. She could see the look in his eye that said he really didn't like to be challenged. She had seen that look before, the look of someone who just needed a little push to at least have some sort of fun.

"You'd be correct." She leans down and nudges his shoulder with her nose. "Come lets go out and enjoy the rain before it stops. Though i suppose there will still be puddles to slosh through once it stops raining." She pauses for a moment and ponders this possibility, the possibility of puddles.

"You can call me Kooza if you wish, thats the name my family gave me." She stands slowly and shakes out her fur, for a moment every hair on her body seemed to stand on end making her look disheveled and wild, her fur quickly settled and she became sleek once again but pretty much every inch of the hideaway had some sort of damp patch on it.

"Come don't be boring lets go and play." Finally she flicked her tail at his nose and flounced back out in to the rain the water immediately flattening any errant hairs.

MangoMeow
Sorry for the wait!

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:01 pm
Lian snorted at her response, resisting the urge to roll his eyes at how unrepentant she sounded. Well, a challenge was a challenge, and she'd already dripped water all over him anyway. He may as well try to save face at least a little bit.

Pushing himself up to his paws, he wondered at how stiff his muscles were. Has he really been sitting there for that long? Perhaps he did need to stand up now. It was no good letting himself stiffen up the way he had. Not that he'd tell her that. She'd probably use it as another excuse for him to have to get up.

He tilted his head to the side when she introduced herself by her other name. It wasn't normally one that would be used, though he supposed that they were pridemates anyway. He didn't respond back immediately though. He watched as she turned into a lion-sized puffball, still trying to decide whether to give his name as well, before eventually deciding that it couldn't hurt. For all her pushiness, she seemed friendly enough.

With a sigh, he reluctantly followed her out into the rain, cringing as the downpour flattened his fur. He just knew that his mane was giving him the appearance of a drowned rat. Ignoring the added weight to his fur though, he gave her a sidelong look. "There. I'm out here now. And if you so wish, my family named me Vegliantino." He paused to snort, having a feeling that she would be among those who would consider his name... rather long, "Though most just call me Lian."

Syrius Lionwing

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff