Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands
[PRP] Handsome is as Handsome Does (Kgabu and Ahlaq)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:15 pm
User Image

Kgabu had been a growing up when the new males first arrived and her mother had paid them no heed so she didn't see any reason why she ought to. Yet, while she began to grow, she found herself taking more and more note of them. She certainly noticed her other pride sisters speaking with interest of the new males and if they were interested than so was she!

She had seen them walking ahead and beside the lionesses as they migrated to their new home, but Kgabu hadn't actually spoken to any of them yet. This was going to have to have, naturally, if she were to find out more about them. She just had to wait for the right opportunity.

The day that she had put it into her mind to address one of them was a sunny, warm day. The grass underfoot was soft and she was feeling good about addressing one of the newcomers and finding out what all this fuss was about. She had been stalking about, her ears perked for any sort of conversation she might pick up that would reveal the location of one of the newcomers to her. With luck, she would just run into them. Hopefully not literally, she amended, because the last thing she wanted was someone ruining her lovely coat. That would be a travesty, no matter who dared do it.

oo Ded

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:02 pm
User ImageSince his arrival, Ahlaq had been wondering about the youths of the pride. He had heard that it wasn't uncommon for cubs and even some adolescents to feel threatened by the arrival of the new Abaholi. For those who were the children of Andhaka or Banigzwe, it must have been difficult to have their fathers replaced.

'That's the way of things,' one of the lionesses had told him. He supposed it was true. If that was the way of things, they must have been at least somewhat accustomed to it. Still, just because something was the norm didn't mean it was any less difficult to deal with. He was from a pride of war, but that didn't mean the loss of loved ones was any less painful.

Either way, Ahlaq had yet to really converse with any of the pride's youths, aside from the occasional curious cub who had come to investigate the new males, but those interactions were often cut short by a hovering mother.

The sandy lion didn't intend to go out of his way to hunt down one of them to interact with. It would happen in time, he told himself. And this day just so happened to be that time.

The Umholi had been walking around the edges of the meandering, migrating group. It was a slower day of travel, so he took the opportunity to get a good feel for the lands. He was in the process of reaching the peak of a small hill when the bright, grey and while figure caught his eye. Too small to be an adult lioness, he told himself. But large enough to be older than a cub. Hm.

"Afternoon," he called as he neared. His voice was still a bit gruff, but he had done his best to soften his greeting. He didn't want to be mean to the youngins, after all.

belloblossom

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:14 pm
Her violet eyes were flitting between the mass of lionesses, keeping a wary eye out for any of her siblings or her mother. She would be required to talk to them, of course, unless one of her brothers were those in question-as a lioness she knew that she was superior than any of her brothers born in. She was infinitely grateful for her luck of the draw and was ready to flaunt it at any chance she got, even at her brother's expense.

Nearing towards the edge of the migrating lionesses, she perked her ears as a greeting was directed near her. She turned her gaze and found a pale lion staring at her. The greeting hadn't been directed near her, but at her, she realized with a pleased curl of her tail.

"Good day." She replied politely. Her mother did say that Kgabu had a pretty name, a pretty voice and a pretty coat, but that beauty was as beauty did. Naturally, her mother instilled good manners within her cubs.

She glanced at the group and then casually let her paws drift towards the lion, before coming to a slow once she was a respectable, yet conversational distance away from him.
"I haven't met you before, I don't think. I don't typically speak with the Ahluke, but..." She smiled a little at him, lowering her eyelashes prettily. "But something tells me that you're far from an Ahluke. Are you one of the new males that Mother has told me about? Our new Abaholi, perhaps?"

oo Ded

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:26 pm
belloblossom

"That I would be," he responded, tilting his head and he considered her. She was quiet well-spoken for one of her age, wasn't she? From her age and coloration, this must have been one of the Ineselelo's children. Kuhasa, was it? He hadn't really had a chance to have a conversation with the grey male. It wasn't that he was uncomfortable with the idea of him being subordinate (he was used to leading at this point in his life, after all), he just… Well. The time hadn't come up. He was never really good with casual conversation, and so he wasn't about to just walk up with the whole 'hey there, I'm your new leader. what's up?' sort of thing. He'd leave all that to Umkhombo.

"My names Ahlaq sim Sungus. But just call me Ahlaq." He had made the decision to drop his surname upon taking the Abaholi rank. It was a good enough time to leave the past behind. Move on to a brighter future, or whatever.

"And you are?"

It was worth it to get to know some lionesses, he figured. Get a feel for individuals and their families. The family lines around here seemed to twist and wind all over the place. It was a bit overwhelming…

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:31 pm
So she had been right! Kgabu's tail curled in satisfaction as she peered at the lion more closely. He, or one of his companions, were the tickets to her future. She looked at the white on him appreciatively. He was pale, like her father and he had white on him, which her mother said was the best of all colors.

Clearly, this... Ahlaq, would be someone she would take interest in again. Perhaps she would speak to him again, when she was older, she thought. All the more reason to make a good impression on him now, when they were just meeting.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Ahlaq." She replied with a smile. "My name is Kgabu. Nothing nearly as fancy-sounding as yours, despite the meaning of the word." She replied. "Does your name have a translation behind it?" She inquired and then flicked her tail. "Oh, and you must tell me how you're settling in. I, like many, I suspect, will do my part to seeing you and the other Umholi settled and content, just let me know what I may do to help." She went on quickly, ever smiling at the new male.

oo Ded
Psst. We should totally fling them down the road. emotion_kirakira

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces