Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:11 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:12 am
"Girls, girls!" A crimson lioness could be heard over the shuffle of many little paws scampering about. She'd heard tale of some group activities among them and their good friends now she wanted to encourage some interactin with their cousins. "Come here and calm down." It was clear they were excited to get moving for the day and it had become a chore to gather the pair up. "Seat youselves." She commanded, her tone still gentle, but commanded their attention which she barely received. "Now, you know you have family that just joined, I know I've at least mentioned that." Golden eyes rested on the pair of cubs that were basically vibrating in their seats to leave. The pair nodded their heads in unison and she was relieved to know that they could at least lie about paying attention. "Your Uncle is Chernabog, you may call him Uncle Chern." She said, slowing her response to the pair.

"Okie doke, Mom." Shi responded to her quickly and eagerly. "Uncle Chern!" Sin agreed with her sister almost immediately and even followed suit with repeating what her Mother had said. "Is he friendly? Does he like games? Will he help us out? Does he like dark meat? Can he swim?" It was as though the waters had over flowed and Sabia was rapidly drowned as her wide eyes stared at the cub in disbelief. The little ones had shown such minor interest in having family in town that she didn't anticipate questions.

"Yes he's friendly. He might like games.. I don't know. He might help you out.. wait, with what?"

The lioness paused for a breath and in curious wonder at the request for help, but then decided it was better if she simply moved on.

"You know what, nevermind." She stated and shook her head with a slight smile - the answer to her question would be between a cub and her uncle. "I've never eaten with him, but I'll be sure to ask what he prefers. I've also never swam with him." A chuckle rumbled from the lioness and she gave a soft sigh. Moments like this reminded her just how exhausting the questions from cubs were. They came fast and furious. The tilts of their heads that she received told her that they were genuine in their curiosity, which only made it worse.. that meant they'd expect an answer to these later.. damn it.

"You have a few wee cousins as well, though before you ask.. I don't know their names. I don't know if they like to eat, sleep and seek trouble. They might like to swim? I know they can definitely eat.." She was mocking the cubs and was thoroughly amused that they peered at her with such intensity, hanging on each word. The true excitement dawned on her when she watched them look at each other though.

"There. Are. Other. CUBS." Sini`deimos inhaled deeply, eyes on her sister. "Oh. My. Goodness." Why hadn't their Mom simpy started with the BETTER news, who cares about an old uncle.. there would be other cubs to PLAY WITH and CORRUPT. Though they had no idea that corruption could happen.. more so that what they had in mind was absolutely so much fun potentially. "Sini.. we should.." Shi started to say to her sister. "Oh, I know!" Sini retorted. It was as though they were in each others minds and Sabia`deimos could only smile at the pair. She'd have thought it'd remind her of her childhood, but unfortunately she couldn't make the same connections.

"You ought to go and actually meet them." Sabia hated to break up the connected brains, but her words did receive a welcome stare from both cubs. "Y'know.. so you can actually play with them?" She smirked softly.

"But Mom.." Shi started up again, suddenly appearing worried. "What if they are tiny and weak?" She sneered slightly. "They were born outsiders.. not born here. Does that make them weak?" Sini hadn't considered these questions, it was clear that her sister was the brains of the operation. "Well Shi, those are good questions, but I promise you.. your Uncle and I come from a strong bloodline - so we'd expect the best from you youngsters." She wasn't lying either, the bloodline wasn't weak and whether that was mind or body. The Mainyu family had high expectations for their young and expected that some day they'd be able to pass knowing that their bloodline would remain strong.

"So they will be strong like us?" Their Mother nodded. "Your Grandfather, Angra Mainyu, wasn't the most pleasant individual but he was strong minded and built to maim." She said, a smile crept across her lips - not at the mention of her father, but at the way her cubs reacted. "Grandpa Angra was a big lion?" Shi was the one to speak up again, wondering what this lion was like. "Yes." Was the sole answer of her Mothers. "Did he teach you everything you know, Mom?" Sini spoke up, not wanting to be the silent partner.

"Some of it." Sabia admitted, but suddenly felt weary as she thought of her relationship with her Father. The thought of him boiled her blood, but he had given her life. That thought drove her mad more so than anything else - if she was being honest with anyone.

The answer was sufficient for Sini, but still she found more questions. "Where is Grandpa Angra.. why doesn't he live with us here?" The answer that Sabia wanted to provide her cub was that if she saw him he'd be killed quick as a whip or taken as a thrall and treated like trash. The idea thrilled her, but she chose to keep all of that to herself. "Your Father has taken up rank in an old home of his. Chose to do that instead of find family I suppose." Her ears flicked back as she saw the immediate looks of disappointment on their faces.

"Does he not want to see us?" Shi asked curiously, the disappointed look didn't fade, but instead grew sad. "No, its not that at all. Your Grandpa and I don't get along very well. So it's my fault, not yours. When you're old enough you'll be able to look for him... though I'd be lying if I didn't say I don't want you to." Her own eyes grew sad themselves and she felt every muscle in her body grow weak. The idea was now out there.. if they sought him out of their own accord that would be a choice they made, but she wouldn't encourage it.

"Now. What about meeting those cousins?"

The conversation that was meant to encourage play had only begun to spark some interest in meeting family - joy. "Oh yeah!" The cubs shouted with glee together. "We need to talk to Smol and Makuu first though..." Shi almost scolded Sini. "I know, I know." She stated and waved away the words with her paw. "Cmon, let's go." The pair strolled off together, muttering about this and that - plenty of giggling ensued.

Sabia, however, was left frowning and concerned. Would they eventually persue Angra?

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas