Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Semi-ORP] Midnight Escapades (Candidates Only!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:19 pm
((Hey y'all Western Candidates! You're welcome to join them or try to stop them, as you like. All the same to me xD ))

It was some time after midnight in the candidate barracks, and Aisling -like any normal person would be- was sound asleep. 'Was' being the operative word here. Though the beds were smaller and harder than what the she was used to back home, Aisling had been blessed with the ability to fall asleep in almost any situation. Unfortunately, she had always slept lightly.

"Aisling. Aisling.. Hey, Aisling."
"What?"
"Are you awake?"
Pushing back the light covers, Aisling turned her head and cracked an eye open. On the bed next to hers, Aelyn was leaning on her elbow, wide awake. She sighed. Shells, what time was it? "Well, I am now.." she muttered, covering her eyes with one hand. She lifted her arm and turned her head again, startled when the girl's blue eyes were only inches from her face, lit up with excitement.

"Let go exploring!"
"Whaaat?"
"Come on! it's the perfect time for it!" She pulled on Aisling's sleeve and pouted. "How are we supposed to sneak out as weyrlings if we don't start learning the tunnel systems now?"
"We're not. That's the point."

"Boo. Fine, I'll just go by myself then." she grumbled.
"Wait!" Finally, Aisling sat up in bed, wondering how their whispering hadn't roused the whole dorm by now. "I can't let you go alone.."

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:35 am
"Honestly," Came a low hiss of a voice from somewhere just past Aelyn's shoulder. "If you're going to insist on this...this midnight frivolity, you could at least be considerate enough to conspire to it quietly." Dolmar had been roused by their less-than-hushed whispers, and the severe young man was now glaring sharply at the pair of squawking girls. "I'd suggest you do let her wander alone, and spare yourself the impending punishment for being caught out of the barracks at night." He regarded Aisling firmly, arms crossed and giving him an even more smug, rather deplorable look. "Given your volume though, she might not make it from the room. I can't imagine the candidate master's not been able to hear from here." His tirade, at least, was kept to a low whisper. He, it seemed, had no fear of being caught out, as he was obviously the sort to tattle on his age-mates.

And honestly, if they knew him at all, the girls would know that if they left now there'd be a half chance he'd instantly seek out the candidate master himself, and a half chance he'd return to bed, but be certain to gloat silently at them later should they be caught, ever the haughty one. A quiet flutter announced the, almost invisible in the low light, brown firelizard he'd called Half-Mark's arrival. Stirred by his master's rising, the thing had leapt from the bed to perch on his shoulder, eyes whirling as two pinpricks of vibrant orange in the dark.

((Honestly please feel free to have them bully him back, or even force him to come along to keep from tattling on them. He's my only Western candidate but I wanted to play toooo! ;; ))  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:22 am
Marinel sat up groggily. He'd been alerted to the girl's by their whispering, but didn't seem quite awake. He rubbed at his eyes and groaned. "What's goin' on?" He asked. He was frowning in confusion. What time was it? Was there something wrong? Robbers?! Thread?!

...no, it seemed two dimglows had woken and were planning something. "Dolly?" He asked. He thought he recognized his brother's severe tone. He looked around, eyes still blurred with sleep. "Just go back to bed," he suggested aloud. "You don't want to get in trouble, it'll be your own fault if you miss the next hatching." He didn't sound as irritated as Dolmar did, just tired.

"And try not to wake everyone else up!"

(Have Mari! I might bring another candidate in, too! : ) )  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:32 pm
Aislin frowned at the two boys. Normally she'd be sympathetic to the fact that they'd been woken from their rest (she knew how that felt!), but while she was the one to warn Aelyn against leaving in the first place, the glee they seemed to take in the idea that her friend would get in trouble riled her. "So what if he does hear?" she shot back. "We haven't done anything wrong yet, except for talking after hours. Which, might I remind you, you are as well." But she gave another warning look to Aelyn, hoping the additional witnesses would be enough to keep her from leaving.

The older girl sighed, flopping back onto her bed dramatically. "I was only trying to wake one person." she said, unashamed, prompting Aislin to roll her eyes. As for his threat, Aelyn snorted. "You people have no sense of adventure. I pity whatever Dragon gets stuck with you. And I would if I could!" she complained loudly, prompting another 'shh!' from Aislin. She pouted, staring at the cracked stone above them that she'd come to know so well. "I can't sleep."

For as long as she could remember, Aelyn had always found it difficult to fail asleep. Even as a young child, she used to wonder around her Hold at night. Since coming to the Weyr, she tried her best to abide by their rules and curfews. But night after night of staring at the ceiling was starting to wear on her nerves. "Fine." she sighed, defeated. "But if you're up anyway can we at least play a game or something? I'm dying here." She rolled over onto her stomach, burying her head in her pillow. "This is inhumane! How am I supposed to just lie here and do nothing when I'm not even tired?"

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:54 pm
Shahera rolled over onto her back and sat up. “What is going on?” She asked quietly. She registered the words ‘adventure’ and ‘game’ and perked up. Shahera knew she would regret it in the morning, but couldn’t help it. There were so few times to play in the middle of the night. Got to take advantage when you can.

“Dolmar, do hush now.” She admonished the stuck up brat. “Ridicule and deceit are unbecoming.” Her firelizard, so inventively named One, lifted his head up and watched intently in case his person needed defending from interlopers. Like that thing with orange eyes over there. One’s crest raised up a little at the other firelizard.

Shahera wiggled out from under her light covers and sat cross legged on the bed. “What sort of game were you thinking?” she asked bouncing a little. “While I am sure that we could sneak out quite easily…” Shahera eyed Dolmar and his brother…”We might have to bring those two with us.” She sniffed like the idea bothered her, more to annoy the boys than anything else. “And I doubt that they could sneak very well at all.” Challenge delivered.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:58 am
Dolmar's eyes narrowed at Aelyn's words, his crossed arms tensing slightly. How was she meant to just lie there? Not tired? Well, he brooded, double chores might help to rectify that. If they did go wandering then he'd certainly make sure to see to it that the need to shed excess energy was no longer a problem going forward. "At least the dragon that 'gets stuck with me' will have a responsible partner with a sense of duty, and the rules," He hissed under his breath. Honestly. Thinking of games and mischief might have been well and good fun for candidates a few turns ago, but it seemed highly inappropriate now that the situation was as it was.

His head snapped around at the sound of Shahera moving about and then addressing him, and Half-Mark in turn fixed those bright angry eyes on her. "I'm afraid your head's as sleep-muddled as your hair, dear; my warning was sincere." One manicured brow arched, her challenge sliding like water off his back. "Just because my focus wasn't on twirling and twisting about doesn't mean my step isn't light," He retorted. True, he'd ever made his disdain for most arts at the Courtesan Hall known, but they'd both been in attendance at the hall at the same time, and no one moved from apprentice to journeyman without trying at least a bit of everything. He'd simply found something better to do with his time than gyrate. "Though Marinel and I've no intention of joining your ridiculous quest for catastrophe, nor will we stop you. I simply meant to advise," His judgmental eyes slid back to the original offenders that'd work him, "That perhaps making so much noise about your ill-conceived plans might not best serve you on a mission of stealth."  

ShinosBee

Nerd

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces