Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:40 pm
User Image
Wodi was in a Mood...although, to be perfectly frank, that was perfectly normal, but she was in an especially restless one, and had been for some time now. Her snark was less playful, more irritable, a transition she would choose to blame on age if called on it. And she could, couldn't she? She was old enough to have joined when Gakere was Umholi, having arrived just after he'd brought Surtak in as his second-in-command of sorts, and that was where all her trouble had started. She had so loved to pick at and on him, made a game of deliberately vexing him, the short male with the strange voice. And she'd tested him in other ways, too, becoming the first lioness in the pride to bear his cubs: strong and fierce little things from the start, all of them. She'd had every intention of going to him again, but then...then he'd gone and disappeared, and after that... She preferred not to think about what had or hadn't happened when he and Gakere got into for gods-knew-what reason and, for all anyone knew, killed each other.

b*****d. She'd been fond of him, so of course he'd had to do something stupid like die. So she'd buried it, covered it over and resolved never to dig it up, pretend that everything was fine while everyone mourned for Gakere and bickered about what to do. For all anyone knew, she couldn't have cared less - it was just boring without Surtak to tease. That was all.

Wodi had occuppied herself with her grandcubs, Lusizi courtesy of the abrupt change in leadership, and all in all had kept to herself, not quite so nosy or so inclined to seek out opportunities to ruffle feathers, although she hadn't hesitated to if the opportunity came directly to her. And she'd been not content, but...settled, or something like it. But then came Khazine, her great-granddaughter, and she'd not hesitated to snarl and spit at the Abaholi she'd previously ignored, for all intents and purposes. There had been real fight and fire in her again, and with that spark back came resentment for allowing herself to ever let it go. To get old.

But she wasn't old, dammit, not yet! Great-granddaughter or no, she refused to be old. Pacing back and forth, tail lashing in irritation, she snarled and swiped a paw at an unfortunate lizard, throwing it against a tree with a force that probably killed it.

Ecavi
...I did not mean for her to be cranky, but apparently she's cranky. sry Kuhasa.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:20 am
User Image

Kuhasa was, as usual, in a rather cheerful mood, walking along.. when suddenly a lizard went flying in front of him and his a nearby tree with a disturbingly loud thunk. He blinked and looked curiously from the tree to the lioness who was standing there, quite obviously irritated and apparently taking it out on smaller creatures.

"Nice shot," he said, taking a chance with a little humor.

Meepfur
xD noooo, Wodi, chill!

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:32 am
She had company, and it was no one she would have expected: the pride's pale Inselelo, about whom her daughter and granddaughter greatly enjoyed complaining. For her part, Wodi couldn't care less about whether or not the shade of his mane was up to par; if anything, though she would never admit it, she rather liked it. He reminded her of her old home.

"My timing was off," she quipped, her tone more snarky than genuinely mean. "Would it have made the same sound if it hit your head, I wonder?"

Ecavi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:52 am
Her response made him chuckle.

"Probably not, all this fluff would surely make for unsatisfying results," he said, giving his great pale mane an emphatic shake and fully expecting to make that the target of any other insult should that be the direction this conversation continued in.

Morbid curiosity made him take an extra step toward the tree and glance over to see if the lizard was still there, but he turned his attention back to the lioness.

Meepfur

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:08 am
Wodi repositioned to better look at him as he shook his mane, and considered his answer with a contemplative sound. "Not if I aimed just right," she decided, and stepped closer to jab a paw at his forehead, or in the general direction at least. With her small stature, actually jabbing him in the head would have required more effort than she was willing to spend at this particular moment. "So the question remains, although I suspect the lizard does not. Pity, now I'm curious."

Ecavi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:19 am
Kuhasa wrinkled his nose as Wodi determined the necessary target to make a comparable sound.. and then just shrugged. She wasn't wrong, the one good place to his would something bony.. so she had him there.

"Yes, pity," he agreed, not at all sounding sincere. A smile appearing on his face didn't help, either. There were certain to be other lizards around if they truly wanted to look but even he knew that wasn't really the point.

"So, what did the lizard do?" he asked, seeking a roundabout way to ask if she was OK, "Insult your mother?"

Meepfur

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:32 am
"Just so," the lioness affirmed, accompanying the reply with a short rasp of a chuckle. "I appreciate a good insult, but no one disrespects my mother but me." Point for having some approximation of a sense of humor, which was in very short supply where the Abaholi were concerned. Maybe she should have made more of an effort to bother him sooner.

"I was annoyed, and it was there," she then answered more honestly, with a shrug and not an ounce of pity for the late reptile. "It was that or a rock, but a rock wouldn't have been nearly as satisfying."

Ecavi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:54 am
Kuhasa grinned at her response, appreciating the humor (he would have said the same of his mother, and he wasn't born in a pride where motherhood was so revered) and that he seemed to be on the right track dealing with an irritated lioness. That didn't always happen.

The honest answer that followed was more surprising, but also more encouraging.

"No, it wouldn't," he agreed, envisioning a rock have flown past his face only to bounce off the tree trunk and hit him square between the eyes. That might have resulted in comparable sounds, but also quite the headache.

"Care to be distracted or was the lizard enough?" he asked, figuring it would be easier and possibly more successful not to pry but instead find something else to think about. He hadn't had any particular plan for his day but he could think up something if she played along. He realized too late how his offer could be interpreted, but he didn't waver.

Meepfur

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:19 am
Once she'd said it, she envisioned a very similar result to what Kuhasa did...so, in hindsight, a rock would ultimately have been satisfying, although she couldn't have known it at the time. Too bad, because that really would have been amusing. It was a possibility she had no time to muse on further, because he proceeded to offer to distract her. Was- was it an accident of words not thought through before they were spoken, or was she being propositioned?

Huh. Well then. He'd said it, and he was stuck with it either way. "Oh, please. Killing one little lizard isn't nearly enough for all my frustrations."

Ecavi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:36 am
He'd been yelled at for more plain innocence before and yet here he was, a more likely than not suggestive proposition and he wasn't being shouted down. Of course, the more likely case with this lioness was probably being laughed at and he wouldn't rule out that possibility yet.

But there was no point worrying about it, either.

"Alright," he said, grinning, "Let's see if we can't go find something more satisfying."

Meepfur

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out