Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:34 pm
User Image

In a quiet section of the river in the Ithambo'hlabathi territory, a large male crocodile was basking in the sun with his mouth wide open. Zahif was pretty comfortable hanging out around here, he was the largest croc in the area at the moment so he pretty much had the run of the place and he used it to keep things quiet for himself mostly.. but the real reason he was here was because his friend resided in the pride and, foolish as he could be, the croc missed hanging out with the fuzzball.

He'd been pleasantly surprised to learn that Kuhasa had successfully reproduced, finally fulfilling one of his primary duties around his temporary home. More surprising was that the moron had failed to instill proper respect for the razor-toothed reptiles in his young.

Zahif was in the middle of a staring contest with a small lioness he could easily identify as one of Kuhasa's daughters. Omisa was off to his side where she could see one of his eyes.. and she was staring intently at him without a word, glancing every once in a while to the rows of sharp teeth on display as he basked.

Without warning, she suddenly lunged forward and hopped right over his teeth and onto his tongue. Instinct nearly set Zahif's powerful jaw snapping shut but he managed to control himself and closed his mouth over the cub with just enough force to hopefully teach her a lesson. He couldn't stop himself from rolling his eyes, though. And he was left laying half in the water with the frantic tail of a tiny lion hanging out of the side of his mouth and a weary expression on his face.

User Image

(( Omisa is being a practical researcher in the worst possible way. Zahif is apparently going to spend this entire RP wondering why the hell a bunch of cubs are near the water unsupervised xD ))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:30 pm
User ImageMinza wasn't one to wander far from his mother, but today he was feeling especially curious and brave. It had been a few weeks since his rather unfortunate trip into a deeper than he thought watering hole and he was finally starting to shake off the nervousness that had plagued him since. Watering holes and rivers still made him extremely anxious, but he never approached one without his mother there which helped quite a bit. She assured him she'd be there to pull him out if he ended up falling in again.

But today he wasn't going to any watering holes! Today he was exploring the land. He had tagged along with his mother as she had gone about to stretch her legs, but currently she was chatting with some of the other lionesses within the pride so he took it upon himself to go off and see things.

The first thing he saw was not very heartening. Minza spotted the tell-tale shine on the ground of water. although this was a river and not a watering hole. Rivers were a little different. They were bigger, the water was moving, and far more animals tended to congregate around them. He could see a cub on the water's edge looking at a strange log, though, so perhaps it was safer than a watering hole.

As Minza pointed his nose in the direction of the other cub and began to make his slow but steady way down to the river bank, the log ate the cub. Minza froze, his mouth open in a silent shriek of terror. Now he was able to see the log had teeth, eyes, legs, a tail...that was no log. He didn't know what it was, but it was dangerous and-

Wait...was the cub still alive?

"H-hang on!" he shouted, moving slowly towards the strange creature with wide eyes. "Let her go! Y...you big...thing!"

Ecavi

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:27 pm
User ImageHe had been stalking his brother and hadn't been doing a fairly good job at it. His light colored pelt did help him to blend into the sandy landscape and wheat fields so he had that on his side at least. He was going to pounce him and surprise him but his shout and quick movements towards the water made him stand up and look to see what was going on.

That's when he saw it, a large scaly creature with his brother shouting at it and something sticking out of it's mouth. Darting over towards the scene he looked at his brother and then the thing and noticed the tail. "WHO IS THAT?" He shouted without really meaning too. Giving a small hiss he stuck his fur up and swatted at the crocs nose with his paw. "Yea, let her go!" He exclaimed not really knowing if what they were doing was going to help or further the situation.
SilverLutz

Ecavi
ZAHIF IS SO CUTE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:28 am
Zahif's head turned so he could see as another small lion bravely approached him, shouting to release the little lioness help captive in his jaws. And he was quickly joined by a third cub. And the third was almost as foolishly bold as the one he now had trapped in his mouth, he came right up and swatted at his nose. With a sigh, the croc put his head down on the ground and opened wide. Though she was crouched low and looking indignant, Omisa was still in one piece when released.

She had been so frantic at being trapped, she hadn't heard the voices of the other cubs. She was surprised to see two of them standing there and it made her stop and stare long enough that Zahif had to give a sharp shake of his head to get her to hop out of his mouth.

She stumbled a few steps and then sat down, apparently lost for words.

SilverLutz

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:38 pm
The sudden noise behind him startled Minza, throwing him off balance just a bit. He stumbled over his paws and fell nose-first into the muddy dirt near the edge of the river and that, combined with the massive, toothy thing that was currently before him, sent him into a tizzy. His brother's voice didn't register as familiar as he gasped for air, effectively sucking in a mouthful of mud that only made him sputter and cough. He rolled helplessly in the mud, making things far worse than they really needed to be.

While he was floundering in the mud, the other two cubs managed to get out of the sticky situation they were in even if they weren't quite out of danger. Minza didn't notice at all, too busy coughing and spitting out mud, his pelt now one dark shade of brown.

"Help! I can't breathe!" he yelped, breathing perfectly fine if his speech was anything to go by.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:43 pm
SilverLutz

So much stuff was confusing to him in the next few moments. The crocodile had let the female cub out of his mouth without too much of an issue and his brother had somehow inhaled a great deal of mud.

Rushing over towards his brother he helped clean off his face so he could breath and see better. "Are you alright?" He asked him and then returned his attention to the female cub. "Are you okay? Why were you in his mouth?" He asked her curious to know how that story happened.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:52 pm
Zahif watched in disbelief at the scene unfolding before him. Keeping his mouth firmly shut and his teeth well hidden, he shook his head and moved backward into the water.. and without warning, sent a splash of water over the panicked and muddy cub by the river's edge. And, of course, the other two cubs.

Omisa was as surprised to find she had not one but two 'rescuers' .. and one suddenly was acting like he was drowning in mud. She didn't get to say anything before they were being splashed with water and she scrambled waaay back.

"I just wanted to see if I fit!" she squeaked defensively against the chaos her experiment had somehow unleashed.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:22 pm
A small paw wiped the mud from Minza's face, helping him to get a few good lungfuls of air. He caught his brother's worried expression before the other male turned to help the cub that had been miraculously expelled from the monster's mouth. The little cub would have sighed in relief, but just as he was taking in another deep breath a mini tsunami of water washed over him, soaking him to the bone and going right up his nose and down his mouth.

"Aghlskdf!" he said, his words garbled by the water in his mouth. Once again he coughed and hacked, spitting out the water as he scrambled away from the edge of the river. Whatever that monster was was bad enough, but the constant onslaught of wet and mud and awfulness was really what was driving him away.

"Get away from that thing!" he said once he got his voice back, his whole body trembling as water dripped from his fur. "It's trying to eat you!" Well, not anymore. But it had been! You didn't put stuff like lions in your mouth unless you wanted them in your belly!

Ecavi

AstoriaFallen

[Sorry for the wait guys! Life got nuts]

((Edit from Cavi: .. lol just saw that the quote for Astoria was broken so I fixed it *cough* ))  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:24 pm
Ducking away from the splash of water he gave a small glare towards the croc. Flicking his tail he wondered how on earth this situation even came to happen.

He peered at her with a rather queer look on his face. "Well that's just silly." He said rather plainly. It was beyond him as to why someone would think it was smart to try that, even if the reptile was friendly.

"Why would you still go in its mouth? How could you know if it was safe, even given this peculiar situation."

Ecavi

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:56 pm
Now well away from the water's edge, Omisa stared at the two cubs giving her very different safety lectures. At least the one shouting about how it was trying to eat her was making sense, the other one called her silly and she didn't like that.

"How else was I supposed to find out if I fit?" she asked indignantly, turning to Minza she should her head vigorously, "He wouldn't eat me! Zahif is a friendly croc-o-dile!"

Zahif watched from his spot in the water, making repeated enthusiastic notes to talk to Kuhasa about this cub. All of them, actually. The boys weren't wrong to say she shouldn't be hopping in his mouth, but they were going about their rescue all wrong, too. Never mind that Omisa did have her crocs straight and knew he was a safe one..

SilverLutz

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:10 pm
Still trembling, Minza edged closer to his brother, hiding behind him a bit while still peering around to look at the cub and the reptile. The crocodile didn't seem to be intent on snapping them up any time soon but that didn't mean he wouldn't change his mind. As much as he loved his brother, Minza had enough common sense to keep as many cubs between himself and those teeth as he could.

"Fit? Why would you want to fit?" he asked, eyes wide as he looked between the cub, then the croc. "Friendly? How do you know? Those things eat us for breakfast!" Lions didn't have many natural predators - none, really, as crocs didn't actively hunt lions how lions hunted antelope - but that didn't mean one wouldn't snap up a cub that wandered too close, or even go for an adult that wasn't aware of their surroundings.

Ecavi

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:33 pm
Sorry for how long this took me to respond back too. From July-August I was working 80+hr weeks so I was like DED. <3

Edit 6/6/18: Did we want to wrap this up? :3

SilverLutz

Ecavi

... He just stared at her. Was... she... Serious? Looking at her and then the Croc he had to believe it was true, she had to be crazy.

"I.... well.... I suppose that's a good enough reason as any but still. You shouldn't be going into other animals mouths. It's almost rude." Did he really just say that? He shared Minza's views on the matter overall though. "So.." He thought about it for a moment. "Oh, I think I've heard of one of the Inselelo's that was friendly with a croc, this must be him then?" He asked looking at Zahif, as Omisa had stated his name.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:06 pm
Minza, shaking like a leaf still, shook his head slightly and began to back away. Whether or not this was a 'friendly' croc, he'd been by the water's edge for too long and seen some pretty strange things. Traumatized enough for the day, he swallowed thickly and glanced over his shoulder, ears twitching frantically.

"I uh...I think I hear my mom calling me," he said, voice shaking as much as he was. "I gotta go! Don't get in that thing's mouth!' he added, his parting advice as he turned to flee. He was out of there and wasn't coming back any time soon, thank you very much!

AstoriaFallen

Ecavi

[OOC: Last post from Minza! He gone!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:58 pm
SilverLutz

Ecavi
you just need a wrap up and it's complete for you as well <3

Looking at his brother he wondered if he had heard something he didn't. Looking back at the female cub he was uncertain if he should leave her alone or follow after his brother.

"I should go after my brother. You should still be cautious! If he sneezed while you were in his mouth you'd be done for." Was he really trying to give her advice? Guess so, either way he hoped she would be safe and then turned and ran after his sibling.

"Wait for me!"
[OOC: Last post for me <3]  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:34 pm
((Wow, I really, really dropped the ball on this xD I'm sorry I never got back around to replying but I'm grateful you guys set it up to end <3))

Omisa kept on staring as she was lectured about the dangers of crocodiles and how rude it was to be jumping into their mouths even if they were friendly, she opened her mouth to reply a couple times, looking back and forth between the boys and Zahif.. only to find herself completely tongue-tied and stammering uselessly while they decided they were done helping her.

"Di-did I do something wrong?" she asked, finding herself alone again with Zahif, and looking back at him. He didn't answer her, this was a lesson she needed to learn.. he didn't mind playing with cubs, he would rather enjoy the opportunity.. but perhaps these cubs were too small to know when it was OK and when it wasn't.

Faced with his silence, Omisa lost her nerve entirely and left the water's edge to go find her mother and sulk quietly from the safety of her den.

Tout fini!  
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff