A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[ORP] Spring Fever's Sprung—Green Ysalth's Flight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 5!

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:56 am
Marasemeth was not ready when Ysalth suddenly bolted skyward. He was fast, sure, but going up was sooo much harder than going down, or even straight. He was inexperienced, despite his age, with flights, and it took him a moment to turn on a wing and start powering after her. He could feel the browns creeping up on his tail, and he forced his wings to pump and thrust him upwards...he couldn't lose now, not when he'd finally gotten things moving, right?

Wait, wait, I can do this...!

Down below, G'ar came stumbling, nearly tangled in his own clothing, into the weyrbowl. He made it across, somehow, and had to brace himself against the side of the opening to the fields outside the weyr itself. What on Pern was...it'd been too long since he last let Marasemeth indulge, and the dragonlust was...overpowering. His head was spinning, flying, and he got a rush of vertigo. The man swallowed hard before his feet started moving again, somewhat of their own accord. The next sense of himself he had that wasn't entangled with the blue made him realize that he was fully outside the weyr now. Easily several hundred yards out, he spotted a figure, and on instinct made for it, reaching out with a hand before he could even see who it was...

Marasemeth's Stats:
Strength: 10
Speed: 15
Dexterity: 13
Stamina: 10
Wits: 12

Total score: 20 + 5 = 25

((For the record, I'm fine with him being about to run into anyone! Finia, Kahina, even Sunny and K'tos! Or a random stranger ooooh~!))  
Kyrieko generated a random number between 1 and 31 ... 15!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:56 am
Focused was certainly a good word for him. The large brown was indeed focused, always watching where the spirited green Ysalth turned, tipping his wings to match and attempt to keep close. The blue dragons earned snorts and maybe a snarl or two if they got too close. So what if they were smaller?! He had more to offer! They were dismissed - for the most part - in his mind. The only real challenger he seemed to acknowledge was Minoth. The other brown was kept at a distance, but watched warily.

Until Ysalth began to fly up. High up into the sky. Komaith grunted, feeling the muscles in his shoulders tighten as he prepared to follow. With powerful wingbeats, he began his ascent after the lovely green. Such spirit you show. Is it not possible for us of the Weyr to possess such a spirit too? He asked simply, twisting his body a little to avoid any of the other dragons. Always the careful creature. No wings getting tangled. And maybe no bites or claw marks.

Finia wasn't completely sure how close she was to the Weyr or anyone else for that matter. Her mind, for the moment, was linked closely with her dragon. He wanted to prove that a Weyr dragon could be everything the other seemed to view as less. He was happy where he was. Finia encouraged him - and made sure he knew she was very happy he was behaving. Fly free, my heart.

(If anyone wants to run into Finia, please feel free to latch on to her! x3 )

-------

Komaith's Stats:
(*I made a small mistake and instead of writing "Speed" in... I had it as "Defense". I must have been looking at the example when I filled it all in orz)
Brown Dragon: +40pts
Between 6-20 turns: +10
Average/Normal: +5
Not Nice: -5
50pts

Strength: 19
Speed: 10
Dexterity: 5
Stamina: 7
Wits: 9

19 + 10 + 2 = 31

Total Score: 25  

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 17!

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:41 pm
Despite her desire to draw this out, really make these weyr-dragons work for her favor, the choice to fly so high and fast had left her more winded than she'd like. Green flights were only meant to be quick bursts of passion, not hour-long displays, after all, and she slowed, slowed, and stalled. She hovered for just a moment, suspended high above the clouds...and then let herself fall, feeling the thrill of her twin dragon's stomachs fluttering in the brief second of weightlessness. Kahina was there with her, in the back of the green's mind, and they called out together. Not in fear, just the raw pulse of the thrill of being alive.

After all, no doubt one of the males would catch her and hold her before the ground came rushing, rushing, rushing up...right?

Kahina had the luck of spotting one, two...a number, it seemed, of riders come stumbling out of the weyr. Of course she had no idea who they were, or if they were even those involved in the flight, but it didn't matter. As swiftly as Ysalth was falling, she was running, arms out to catch and hold whichever found their way into her grasp first...even if they weren't expecting it.

((No one feel obligated to be the one Kahina snares! She'll be happy with literally anyone, even someone, ha, not part of the flight! Once everyone makes final round rolls, my next post with her and Ysalth will declare the winner~!))

Ysalth's Stats:
Strength: 7
Speed: 20
Dexterity: 15
Wits: 15

Total score: 29+17+17=63

Males, roll FINAL ROUND! Males roll dex + strength! Time to catch your falling green star, lads!  
DruidTigeress generated a random number between 1 and 28 ... 7!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:25 am
Altoth rolled into a dive after the spirited green, the slight distance that had drawn out between actually working in his favor this time as he struggled to react fast enough. Even then, he wasn't quite able to slow down quickly enough and overshot her somewhat. As soon as he started to fall, though, he fell like a stone. His long wings bowed around him, forming a more aerodynamic shape. He moved them by inches, changing the trajectory of his rapid fall closer to Ysalth.

Diving was the basis of most trick flying, after all, something with which he and Sunny were well versed. You had to build up all that speed somehow. So although the ground was rushing disturbing close to them, he continued to accelerate, unafraid, trusting his rider not to let him hit the ground. He kept his eyes on the incredible, beautiful, talented green in front of him. Although it was impossible to say for, he got the sense that this flight was drawing to a close. Last chance to impress!

I would never let you fall, Ysalth! If you let me catch you.

------------

Strength: 13
Speed: 12
Dexterity: 15
Stamina: 17
Wits: 10

15+13 = 28

Total Score: 34 + 3 + 7 = 44

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Masterharper generated a random number between 1 and 24 ... 9!

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Brown Minath's Stats
Base points for brown: 40pts
Between 21-35 turns: +7 points
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
-Particularly spunky/positive/chillaxed: +2pts
Total: 59 points

Strength: 15
Speed: 11
Dexterity: 9
Stamina: 15
Wits: 9

((Total Rolls: 7 + 11 + 9 = 37
Dex + Strength = 24

The brown was surprised when the green suddenly let herself drop like a stone. While Minath had not been sure what to expect, for the beautiful green to just fall from the clouds was alarming. So it was, the brown bugled a cry, and quick changed trajectory. Though he had not been as close as some of the others, this allowed the brown a little time to change his course.

Ever devoted, Minath would not let the beautiful green fall far! He would catch her, he would rescue her. He was a decently sized brown, after all; was this not what the Weyr trained them to do? Such a display, Wildflower. You've left us breathless, but I will not let you slip away! He would not let such a beautiful green fall. Had he not trained for such a feat? Was this not his time to shine?

~ ~ ~ ~

K'tos, on the other hand, finally managed to stumble out of the Weyr with Sunny in tow. If he had cared about Altoth's comments about stupid browns, he said nothing. He was too far away with Minath to truly hear. Still, he ran after Sunny, knowing well that this was where he needed to be. But oh, how everything began to change as the Ysalth dropped. He gasped when Ysalth fell, and could not help but involuntarily reach out even as he ran. No matter the outcome of the flight, K'tos-Minath was determined to catch someone; he would not let them fall. He was the Weyrsecond, after all. It wouldn't do anyone well if he couldn't help those in need.

Kahina, Sunny. . . He was certain there must be others. But it didn't matter. No, all he knew was what he and Minath wanted. "I will not let you slip away."

((Sorry for crummy post. gaia_star I'm sleep deprived and still out of town. In fact, I'm out for another week at least. Druid, Shinos, Kyrieko, am totes cool with however you want thi all to play out. K'tos is just sort of mimicking his dragon. Am totes okay with him finding an NPC too!))

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:53 pm
Masterharper

Heading out of the Weyr, Sunny was no longer really heading towards anything, or anyone, for that matter. With her dragon's wings opened up to race across the sky, she felt the same desire to race across the open plain, with only a vague sense that the one whose mind was connected to the one she felt through Altoth's was also in this direction. At some point, her hand slipped from K'tos's, though a moment later she felt a tug as he reached out for her arm. She heard him say something, but the voice was muffled. She turned towards it, the sudden pull on her arm causing her footsteps to falter. She felt like she was falling, but that was just Altoth's thoughts in her head.

No.. No, wait. That was her. She was falling.

Smacking headlong in her Weyrsecond, Sunny tumbled to the ground, taking him out along with her. The feeling of freefall she got from Altoth's mind gave her a sense of vertigo that made it hard to catch her balance. As the last moments of the flight consumed her thoughts, the best she could do was close her eyes and brace for impact.

A second later, it was all over. She pushed herself up on her arms as Altoth's mind slowly disconnected from hers. She seemed to be lying on someone. "Well! Hello, handsome." she said with a purr as her eyes refocused, their faces now quite close together. Instead of, you know, getting off of him once she realized this, Sunny instead folded her arms across his chest, apparently content to remain there for some time. Fortunately, her slight frame shouldn't be too much of a burden to him. "Hey.. Hey.. K'tos!" she said, poking his collar bone. "'I think I'm falling for you'.. Get it? Falling?" she said, breaking into another airy laugh.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 6!

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:37 pm
Up. Up. Up. Marasemeth desperately kept flying up, determined to catch up. He could do this, he would do this...and then the green went plummeting past him, before he'd even reached her heights. He was so winded from the chase upwards, and so off guard at her dive that he hesitated, the dark blue hanging in the air for a long moment before tucking his wings to chase on. He'd come this far after all, though he knew that pulling such a reckless move would make G'ar furious once it was all over. If he could just catch the lovely green, make her his, then he could say it was worth the risk...

Down down below G'ar suddenly reeled with almost nauseous vertigo as Marasemeth began to dive. Sightless he stared up into the sky where they were falling, seeing through the blue's eyes at the ground rushing upwards, so horridly fast. Marasemeth! He cried out in their shared mind, and the blue faltered. A brief flare of the wings, parachuting the blue long enough to kill his speed, born out of the man's fear. In the instant of it those also diving rushed past, leaving the blue firmly out of the chase now. He creeled, trumpeting sadly, as he veered away from the racing pack, gliding to settle exhausted back on the ledge of his weyr.

Like a puppet with the strings suddenly cut, G'ar stumbled over himself and toppled into the brush alongside the road out of the weyr. The flightlust wasn't gone, though his vision wasn't swimming anymore. He ached, but he was so tired now...Knowing that Marasemeth was safe was its own kind of euphoria though, enough to stave off the inevitable irritation he'd feel for the blue's antics, and he let slip an odd, breathy laugh as he lay there catching their breath.

Marasemeth's Stats:
Strength: 10
Speed: 15
Dexterity: 13
Wits: 12

Total score: 20 + 5 + 6 = 31

((G'ar says he really doesn't much like flights, thanks, especially with these ridiculously wild greens. Too dangerous, no thank you!))  
ShinosBee rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:44 am
It was glorious to feel the air rushing by so very very quickly. If Yslath's ichor hadn't already been lit with flightlust, it would certainly be burning now with the pulse and throb of life and living. With Kahina on her back or this way, so deeply inside her own mind, she felt that falling like this forever would be just perfect. Nothing to care about, just speed and noise and perfect thrilling chaos.

Of course, in reality the ground was surging up so very quickly, and while she knew that she could pull up easily enough, these lumbering males might have some trouble. Probably, if she wanted what she did want, she'd do well to pick one and let the others catch themselves before it was too late. This had been so terribly fun, it'd be a shame to be chased off or not wanted back some time in the future...The green's amethyst eyes flicked open, whirling as they slid from one male to the next. Three diving...and one, unworthy brown far far above, outside of her range and beyond her interest now.

The closest was the pale blue, so eager to reach for her. The fastest, the most agile, he'd kept the best pace with her all along. He was a charming thing, really. Altoth, wasn't it? She cooed, shifting with a twitch of a wingtip to drift towards him, hovering just out of reach of his neck and claws. You are good and strong and you would show me how strong your wings could carry us both. You are brave, and oh what a dance we'd have together over your silly little pile of rocks... She leaned in, offering her neck—and then twisted away before he could take hold, fluttering her wings and rippling away and into the easy reach of Minoth.

But the wind is terribly fickle, dear Altoth, and you have to know just the right way to pluck a wildflower. With the draconic equivalent of a wink she twined herself to the brown, not bothering to wait to let him catch her now that she'd made her choice.

...Far down below, Kahina finally spotted two she knew were part of the flight. It almost felt like she could see their dragons through them, through Ysalth. Her green wanted both. She wanted both. Why couldn't she have both? Ysalth had to choose, but she certainly didn't, if all parties were amicable. With an almost stupid, glazed grin, she flung out her arms and jogged to meet them, high-stepping over shrubs and other low brush strewn about the field. Ysalth lurched away from the blue, towards the brown, and it made her stumble, but now her eyes were fixed on the pair, intent...

Which was exactly why she missed the prone figure already down among the tall grass and bushes. Her foot snared, and she pitched forward, suddenly out of sight of both Sunny and K'tos (as well as Finia, though she'd all but missed the other brown's rider coming up from the side of the road). Dazed and confused, she began to sit up from off the body she'd crashed onto, but again Ysalth's actions pushed her choices from her grasp. Her green might have chosen brown, but there was blue beneath her, still just as eager as she'd become, and she didn't mind that at all, not one bit.

She grabbed his hand tight and tugged, ready to slip away somewhere a bit more their own private spot.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Top three (since Kyrie bowed out of the last round) are Altoth (44), Minoth (37), and Marasemeth (31)! Since no one met or surpassed Ysalth's score, no one gets a bonus at the end, so it's going to be a fully random choice! Marasemeth obviously is not a contender, since he's mine and I said so, so I will roll a 4-sided dice. 1 and 2 will be Altoth, 3 and 4 will be Minoth! Good luck my dudes!

((So congrats to MH and Minoth on the win, though sadly it looks like Kahina won't be joining any of you. XD; Since everyone was so open to whatever, I rolled that too offscreen aaaand yeah. Forgot to take G'ar out and ran with it, because it's funny lol))

ShinosBee

Nerd

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:06 pm
DruidTigeress

To say that K'tos was surprised Minoth won his flight was an understatement -- it seemed as if the brown hadn't expected Ysalth to pick him either. Thankfully, though, the brown couldn't help but be proud of his fine catch. The Weyrleader Second was both proud and pleased -- and he felt as impassioned as his dragon. Flight lust wasn't always an easy thing to get rid of, especially in the heat of the moment.

K'tos hardly realized he'd been pulled into a tumble with Sunny. All he knew was that he had caught someone, and that was exactly what he wanted. Gazing up at the other, didn't really care who it was lying on his chest. Part of him was still reeling from his brown's current escapade, and the other part of him was slowly coming to.

"I don't mind if you don't," he answered, letting an arm slip about the woman's waist. In fact, he hardly cared if he managed to get himself back to the Weyr. This wasn't the Bowl, but it didn't really matter, did it? Still, thankfully, some part of the man had some sense of decency and pride. He wasn't going to turn into some beast, at least not out here in public. "Think I need to get back to my weyr if you'd like to come?" If she didn't, that was well and fine. But having her close was too tempting, and if she wasn't feeling the flight lust, he most certainly was. Thankfully, if she didn't want to come back, he was ever confident like Minoth, he, too, would find someone to catch.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:39 pm
Resting her chin against the Weyrsecond's chest, Sunny wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "I don't mind." she said, a wide, contented smile spreading across her face. The heat of the flight had faded to a pleasant warmth that permeated her entire body, and suddenly it seemed like she didn't mind a thing in the world! K'tos was awfully comfortable. And his arm felt nice around her waist. Altoth might've been one of the ones doing the chasing, but Sunny didn't mind being 'caught'. "Baby, I'd follow you anywhere." she purred. The only problem now was getting up, something she was not entirely keen on.

With her arms around K'tos's neck, she almost considered demanding that he carry her (she might get away with it??) but then a thought occurred to her. "Oh! Wait for me!" said said, pecking the brownrider on the lips briefly, before pushing herself to her feet in a single, nimble movement. Before they had gone down, she was sure she had seen their 'desert flower' moving towards them.

She sprinted towards where the woman had fallen, stopping just in front of her, a little out of breath. She couldn't keep the hopeful smile off her face as she offered her a hand up. "Heyy gorgeous~! Not planning on running away, were you?" she asked. She put a hand over her heart dramatically. "If you're anything like your dragon, I think I'm in love.. Of course that might be the flight talking." she laughed. She looked back over her shoulder, searching K'tos's face for a sign of approval. When she saw one (thought she saw one?), she beamed back at the green and nodded towards him. "Interested?" she said, raising her eyebrows.

"And don't think you're getting out of this either, grumpalump." she said, entwining her arms with the bluerider's as she attempted to pull him along. "Come on, it'll be fun!"

~~~

Altoth, meanwhile, had landed a short distance from the Bowl, at peace with the idea that his rider would likely not be returning to their weyr any time soon. Though understandably disappointed with the result, as the flight lust faded from his own mind as well, it didn't take him long to find something to be happy about.

Marasameth! How wonderful to see you out of the weyr! he said, rumbling warmly. He settled down in the sun-bathed grass and folded his front legs over as his eyes whirred a happy blue at his friend. Isn't it just lovely out today?

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:16 am
It was a sign of how distracted both Kahina and G'ar had become already then they both startled at the sudden sound of Sunny's voice just barely an arm's reach away. Kahina stared up, dazed, confused, and slightly breathless for a long moment before a delighted smile curled across her lips. Her hand flew up to allow the charming lady (blue! a lingering thread of connection to Ysalth sang) to pull her to her feet. Her other hand had fisted in the man beneath her's shirt and dragged him into scrambling to his feet as well.

G'ar for his part looked equally keen to run as he was to plaster himself back to Kahina. The trouble with going without for so long, and then finding a willing partner literally falling for him...a firm nudge from Marasemeth and the still-present flightlust made his mind up for him. "Do you mind...?" He leaned up to eye K'tos (oh he would be so embarrassed later, that was the weyrsecond!) over the two ladies' forms. He wouldn't intrude, but...well they certainly did all seem keen in the moment.

Kahina, the lady who's green had instigated the whole mess, made up her mind for the lot of them, taking both G'ar and Sunny by the arms and pulling them along to K'tos, where she promptly thrust herself up on tiptoes to plant a teasing kiss against his lips before nuzzling under his chin. "So are you lovely, stunning weyrfolk going to give me a proper tour, or did you want to just stand around here, hmm?"  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff