Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:34 am
User Image

He woke himself with a hacking cough that had him up on his paws and out into the early morning mist way before planned. He had cursed himself for that, until the soothing calm of the morning helped soothe his own bad mood. It wasn't all that bad to be up and about at this time of day. Most creatures still slept or if they didn't were already busying themselves with foraging. The birds, it seemed, were naturally early risers.

Within half hour many of them were preening, singing and already starting to go about their daily routines.

Dabulamanzi watched them a while - until another coughing fit sent him on his way. Water would soothe his throat and maybe, after that, he could set about preparing for the start of his day.

Ecavi
Yep, agreed! We can just have had them take their time to reach the couple stage :3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:04 pm
User Image

Lately, there had been than a few things troubling Eione and her method of dealing with it was to throw herself into her work. Of course, being a healer, especially one that specialized in palliative care, meant that her work could be troubling, too. So she had set her sights on something much more pleasant, even though it was the sound of coughing overpowering the sound of the morning birds that greeted her as she came upon Dabulamanzi's den.

"It's always worst in the morning, huh?" she greeted him cheerily. This was her first stop for the day and it was a personal visit so she hadn't exactly come prepared, but she doubted her would mind.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:39 pm
He looked up at the sound of a familiar voice and smiled through the coughing, pausing a moment to make sure that - for now - the coughing had subsided. It had.

He pulled himself up onto his paws and moved forwards to greet her, giving a warm rumble of greeting, "always," he agreed. His moods could dip quite drastically at times but he tried harder to keep such things away when Eione paid him a visit.

"How are things with you? Come to check on your most troublesome patient?" He smiled.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 am
When he paused, Eione was watching him- but she was smiling right back at him when he was able to chat without being interrupted by another coughing fit. She knew how hard it was on the sick but only watching from the outside, there were a few that were harder to watch and Dabulamanzi was one of them.

"My favorite patient," she corrected him, walking up and turning around to face the same direction as him before giving him a nudge to encourage him to walk. Sometimes she would be more thoughtful as sit, but staying on the move could be a big help.. plus she was too restless this morning to sit.

"Things are good with me," she went on, addressing his questions in reverse, "Mother is still with us, so I have no complaints."

There were other things on her mind but for now, the well-being of the retired queen was heaviest among her worries.

Kimaria

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:56 am
He smiled at that. He did so like to be her 'favourite', even if he did think she was just teasing him. "Guess I have to be more troublesome, then," he moved forwards at her encouragement, moving slowly as if easing into his gait. The fresh air alone seemed to help clear his lungs.

It was a hard thing, living here.

In some ways he felt lucky to have found such a close-knit community and yet, his clumsy mistake had led to him being condemned to live a short life that would, ultimately, meet a painful end. He tried hard not to think about it, but it was easy to say and hard to do. The silver lining, of course, was the fact that he had friends here and...Eione, too. He liked to think she was more than just a friend.

"How...how is she faring?" he seemed to pick up on a tension, there. "Is there...anything I can do?"

Ecavi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:04 am
"There's not, but thank you," Eione answered with a small smile and a glance over to Dabula, "She lasted a long time as Queen, sometimes it's hard to imagine anybody can but with the proper care and motivation, you can still go far here. Lutum's daughter is faring well now, too."

And the princesses.. they were getting so big now.

"It's hard to believe my brother is a grandfather," she said suddenly, thinking aloud without realizing it at first-- and looking rather embarrassed when she did.

Kimaria

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:42 am
He blinked and nodded solmenly, turning his ears into his mane as he considered her words. "I wonder what is harder," he murmered, not finishing his sentence. What would he have preferred? To be sick, as he was, or to be immne but forced to watch those he cared about suffer? He cared for Eione and he found immense comfort from the fact that she might live a long life and die a good death.

But, in this place, maybe such a thing was cruel.

"Your brother is...a grandfather?" he stumbled a little and was - once again - reduced to a coughing fit that left him gasping. After a moment he rubbed a paw against the side of his muzzle and regarded her for a moment. "Well, that must make you feel...old," he laughed then - carefully so as not to irritate his lungs too much. "Where the heck has the time gone?" And he trailed then, eyeing her with careful consideration. Time was something in short supply for him these days. And not just for him. Here, having cubs as early as one could was probably the only way many could have children.

"Do you...ever wonder what life will be like when I'm gone?"

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:08 am
Eione glanced over when he murmured a half-finished thought out, guessing what the options were without him saying and choosing not to answer regardless. She wasn't sure there was any easy answer to that kind of question, and her immunity had had political consequences.

She started when suddenly Dabula stumbled and fell into another coughing first, daring to smile at him as he sputtered over the fact that Lutum had grandchildren.

"Queen Na'al doesn't look much like him, but she is his daughter," she said brightly, happy to focus on them instead of on her own thoughts about her brother's familial rank, "And Khwezi and the others are her daughters."

It was easy to miss if you didn't think about it, extended families were hard to track in a healthy pride, never mind one when losing touch with someone could mean learning they had died before you could pick back up.

Then he asked a question she wasn't ready for. Her ears turned back and she looked at him silently for several long seconds before she spoke.

"Of course," she confessed quietly, seeing no use in denial, "You will die before I do. You could live a long life, as my mother has, or you could deteriorate rapidly and without warning, as others have."

She paused again, trying to reclaim some of her usual optimism.

"I prefer to enjoy the time I do get with you."

I would be so lonely without you...

Kimaria

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:31 pm
It felt as if he'd been living in his own little bubble for so long. Like he was letting life pass him by without even thinking about how limited it was and how lucky he was that the sickness had not taken him quickly.

He looked at her with a quiet curiosity and maybe...hopefulness? Then stirred when she gave her answer and looked away. "Do you think it is our nature to take things for granted? Life, for instance? I thought that, knowing my days are numbered, I'd make the most of what I had left. And yet, despite all that, I've plodded along living in my own world of half misery and half acceptance and just...carry on like nothing is wrong."

He drew in a slow breath and turned back to her, "I..." he paused, feeling his throat thicken with emotion, "I don't want to leave you."

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:45 pm
"You will, someday," she said simply, taking a hesitant step close to him, "But that's OK, you're here now. That's all I want."

Eione hadn't set out to have such a conversation but after everything that was happening, it spilled out so easily and she immediately knew that it was overdue. Like him, she'd failed to make the most of the time she had with those that meant the most to her. It felt so important to stay close to her mother now, but she had always had her mother.. when Dabulamanzi's time came, would she worry over his comfort and peace or would she only regret the time they lost?

"How do you want to spend your days?"

Kimaria

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:54 am
His head lowered sadly for a moment as he contemplated the future. Death was death, after all, and he feared it.

Dabulamanzi heard her question and knew the answer immediately, though he struggled to put his thoughts into words. Would it be too blunt to say them? Did it even matter? His days could be no more than a few or they could be many more. A year, perhaps? Could he hope for a miracle like that?

He lifted his eyes to peer across at her and, in a hushed voice, said: "with you," he replied at last, "just with you."

Ecavi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:14 am
When he finally gave an answer, Eione realized she had stopped breathing while waiting. She gave a soft sigh of relief, smiling at him. The future could wait, she could happily live in the present with Dabula.

"I'd like that," she said, closing the gap between them and leaning gently into him.

Kimaria

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out