Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[PRP] Hunting Giants (Tiamat, Huo & Shui)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:19 am
User Image

Amongst a smattering of rocks, clumps of dry grass and weed a small cub hunkered low to the ground, staring cross-eyed at a line of ants marching their way through the grains of dirt and sand. Her den was only a short stride away and could be seen from her position, but this was still the furthest she had come outside on her own. Hardly surprising, though, considering she was still so young - not helped by being part of a large litter that meant she was perhaps a touch smaller than normal.

Still, at least her bright pelt helped her stand out against the natural tones, though in her hurry she had fallen and stuck her fur with sand and dirt that did help her to blend just a little.

With a determined expression, Tiamat gently extended a paw and patted at the ants, watching in delight as they scattered in a moment of confusion and terror before - after a few seconds - shifting back into their original line. Strange little creatures! So focused on their task that they didn't even care about the 'giant' cub watching them from above.

Or perhaps they knew that, shortly, she'd grow bored of watching and move on to bother someone else.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:50 am
The brothers were long passed sweating the small stuff in life like ants and bugs; to them, they were just there. Admittedly, they might be useful for terrorizing their siblings, but for the most part, bugs didn't really do much. No, no, by this time the cubs had gone beyond the small challenges and on to the much larger challenges. Today, these came in the form of plotting the demise of their new Arch Nemesis.

He had a way of capturing them without effort, imprisoning them without breaking a sweat, and then he would leave them to bake in the hot sun. He didn't even display a shrivel of guilt and to say the brothers were indignant was an understatement. Oh no, these tiny terrors were out for revenge and this time it was personal. Some how, some way, they were going to imprison their arch nemesis in the same way he did to them... Then he would be the one to get laughed up.

They would triumph over the Bumani!

It was for this reason that both cubs weren't quite as boisterous today, keenly aware that they would invite the ire of their nemesis if he caught wind of them. Thus they were chattering in hushed tones and thoroughly distracted - heads turned towards one another, they were completely unaware of the smaller, younger cub, that had been admiring the line of ants nearby... and in moments they had both promptly stepped on well... her.

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:09 am
The little cub heard the hushed tones - but just a little too late to realise that she was in the path of a pair of much bigger cubs! She gave a sharp squeak when her tail and shoulder was pinned - even if only briefly - beneath one of their massive, clumsy feet. She wriggled fiercely to try and free herself and opened her mouth to declare her utter dismay at having been stepped on like...like...well--an ant!!

She was no ant!

"Hey! I'm not a bug! You can't step on me!"

She swiped a small paw up at the closest boy and wished, dearly, that they had been more her size so that it might have had a greater impact. "Off, off! Get off!"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:29 am
What was that squishy thing under his toes?

Shui promptly looked down to find the squealing cub underneath him; eyes as round as saucers, he stared at her for a considerable amount of time without moving. Unsurprisingly, his expression was mirrored by his brother as both focused on the fact that the tiny cub was under their paws.

"Why are you all the way down there?" Huo asked curiously as he (finally) gave his brother a nudge to push him off the cub. She was clearly younger than them, one of the newer ones that had shown up, and probably related to the ones they had seen in the creche before their escape. At least, she certainly had distinct enough markings to be related to them in some form or another.

"Yeah, that's really far down," Shui pointed out and shuffled out of the way. Settling himself beside the line of ants, he inspected the little lioness more closely and then wrinkled his nose. "I don't know you kinda look like a beetle," he murmured at last and pursed his lips.

"Or a butterfly that's upside down," Huo added and flopped on to his backs, as if to pretend he was exposing her stomach markings.

"Who are you anyway?" The demanded.

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:41 am
The little cub blinked up at them wordlessly for a moment, one forepaw still outstretched as if she'd lost heart mid-swipe. It sort of wavered there a moment before finally finding life again and making another failed attempt to whack one of the boys on the nose.

"I'm not a beetle or a butterfly," she insisted childishly, screwing up her nose and springing backwards to clear herself of the bigger paws. She didn't like being stepped on and she didn't trust that the pair of them wouldn't try it again. Boys could be very tricksy, like that! "I was just being very quiet! That's why you didn't notice me! Mama says girls are better at hiding and being quiet!"

She sniffed, rubbed a paw across her snout and then replied, "I'm Tiamat. Who're you? What're you doing? Do you need someone extra quiet to help? Cos that's me! I can do that!"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:02 am
The brothers exchanged glances as she declared that girls were better at hiding, and being quiet. They disagreed, but who were they to judge? She might think she was quieter but one of their best friends in the world could be just as loud as they were, and more destructive. Clearly this cub was just one of those ones that would ultimately end up doing nothing for most of the day - or rather they would, it would just be the types of hobbies that they found tedious and boring. Too much sitting around, not enough action, as it were...

"I'm Shui," the brother with the blue mane said and pointed to his chest.

"And I'm Huo," the brother with the orange mane declared with a smile. It was obvious that they were definitely related, their markings were arguably identical save for the little butterfly on top of Shui's nose.

"And we..Well," Shui regarded Huo for a moment or two. Both seemed to be holding council on a wavelength that she couldn't hear; how they were communicating was a mystery to anyone, but it seemed like the kids had some sort of secret little language.

"We're on a quest," Huo declared with a firm nod.

"We're on the way to fell a giant," Shui added.

"Being shy and quiet isn't going to help," they continued in unison and grinned. "You're gonna have to be real brave to take on this job!"

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:20 am
She sat back and blinked between the two curiously. They were very alike, now that she was looking at them properly. Two clumsy brothers, no doubt! But at least they had nice, easy names. Some of her own relatives had such long names that she barely even bothered to remember what they were.

Then, when the pair of them spoke, her face went through such a different flurry of emotions that it must have been a comical sight to behold.

Excitement of a quest! Shock at mention of a giant! Sadness at their insinuation that she wouldn't be much help and then determination when they seemed to be giving her the opportunity to prove herself.

She leapt to her paws, puffed out her chest and gave them both a firm nod, "I can be brave! Really, really brave! Can I come? Please, please, please. Dada taught me how to wrestle sea monsters!" Well that wasn't exactly true, but what were they to know?!

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:03 am
Well, hadn't that been a rollercoaster of emotions! Shui and Huo both watched with considerable interest as the cub's life seemingly flashed before her eyes. They'd never seen it happen in quite that way before, Yukio could certainly be dramatic, but this cub had a different kind of spark. That aside, Tiamat did seem to possess what they were looking for, or maybe what they were looking for... Whether or not she could actually do it remained to be seen.

"If your dad could wrestle sea monsters he'd be a hero and we don't know no heroes here," Huo pointed out with a shake of his head. Shui soon crossed his own arms disapprovingly, clearly the two little cubs didn't like lying, though Tiamat would perhaps come to learn that they were all for exaggerating whenever it came to embellishing their stories and adventures for public viewing.

"But we do have a monster to slay so maybe we can put that noggin of yours to use," he added with a grin.

"Mhmmmmm," Shui pressed a paw to his chin and leaned forward precariously, there was every chance he was going to fall over without a moments notice. "So you tell us; how would you fell a big giant, eh?"

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:13 am
"My dad is a hero," Tiamat grumbled under her breath, not seeming to realise that her exaggerated story had been so obviously made up. After all, she was pretty sure that if there was a sea monster then her dad would totally be able to beat it up. So what if it hadn't exactly happened yet?

Still, if she got the chance to slay a monster herself then that would be pretty cool, too. Then she could tell stories about herself to everyone! Unfortunately it seemed like she had to prove her worth and the question they put to her had her stumped.

Stupid boys.

"You have to let me help!" she half demanded and half pleaded, "you're both bigger than me! Why do I have to come up with the plan?" Although maybe she was smarter? Huh. Who knew? "We should work together, like they do in the hunts. My Mama says you circle around and chase the prey into your friends and then they go 'roar' and bite it's neck and make it dead." She nodded in a matter-of-fact kind of way and shuffled her paws. "Besides, I don't even know what a giant looks like!"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:33 am
Huo regarded the little lioness for a few moments; she seemed genuine enough and honestly, the more they had with them, the less likely Solomon would be to catch them all. This would prove advantageous to say the least, particularly if they were to fell the mighty beast who seemed completely immune to them otherwise. Whether she had a plan or not would ultimately prove to be irrelevant, when it came to cub-born plans, it seemed their nemesis had an answer for everything.

"Hm..." Shui however, seemed to remain unsold as he peered at Tiamat. It was only after he had glanced briefly at his brother and they had communed in their usual manner that some sort of agreement seemed to be made. On this occasion the tiny cub would be permitted to come on this adventure with them, she'd just have to pass the test another time. Maybe when she'd had more exposure to their nemesis and the villains of the Bahari so that she had time to figure out how to exploit their weaknesses!

"A giant looks like a giant," He stated with a grin and finally padded forwards. Huo soon came in and swept the cub back onto her paws, a clear indication that she was allowed to come with them on this occasion.

"You'll see when we get there," Huo promised. Today, Tiamat was going to be introduced to a giant, and it would be one of many adventures that she was no doubt going to have in the company of the two rather boisterous cubs....

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:12 am
"Yippee!"

And, without so much as a backwards glance towards the den, she bounced after the brothers as if they were going to be making paw prints in the sand and not attempting to bring down a 'giant'.

Unfortunately, whether the older boys liked it or not, they'd made a friend that day.

"We're off to catch a giant~" she sang, seeming to be using up her energy far too soon if that was, indeed, what they were going to do! And, it was all too likely that in a few moments, her sing-song voice would be asking Huo and Shui whether they 'were there yet'.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:21 am
The brothers had been hoping for stealth, but as fate would have it, Tiamat didn't do stealth. Thus, they were announced long before they were seen, and by the time they reached the giant's lair he was already waiting. Towering above them, the first thing the cubs would see was the gleaming white legs of the Bumani, and as their gazes trailed upwards, the steel grey eyes would meet them... Peering down with what seemed to be a hint of amusement.

You see, they'd been in this position before, and they never really seemed to learn. They'd always been so determined to beat their 'nemesis', that the twins often forgot this left them open to being very predictable. While Tiamat certainly may not have helped them on this occasion, their nemesis had already known they were coming. Unfortunately this meant that their fate was sealed, but as an accomplice, so was the younger cub!

Today it wouldn't just be two mud balls that would be rolled into the nursery; it was likely to be three...

Kimaria
xD Fin for now. <3

Epine de Rose

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas