Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:14 am
User ImageUser Image

[Jua witnesses his mother collapse and acts quickly to find his Father.]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:37 am
The scene kept replaying in his mind, the way her paw seemed to pluck the plant with little struggle, the way she so casually popped the plant into her mouth as though it were a juicy piece of meat. He recalled the way she bit into the plant fibers, even a little bit of juice had fell free from her mouth - had the situation not turned so dire he'd have been grossed out by the scene. Instead he was hoping she'd have many other moments to be gross, or basically just herself. Jua moved quickly, forcing the memories from his mind as best he could, his goal was to clamber down the mountainside and seek the sturdy, orange lion that was his Father.

"Father!" He beckoned, tears forming in his eyes that he couldn't force away. The whole ordeal had frightened him to the core - he hadn't seen her like this, actually he hadn't seen anyone like this. Sure, he had spent time with her when she had fallen ill due to eating various plants and playing with trial and error. This would be the ultimate error if he didn't find his damned Father. "Father!" He screamed again, lungs aching as he breathed heavily - a run down the mountain, plus screaming didn't equate to happy breathing. "Father! Alduin!" Jua caught sight of the dark leader, Alduin whom wasn't at all awake yet it seemed, but he was able to point out where Throek had been headed.

"Thank you." It was his turn to begin losing his breath. An ache burned in his gut and he nearly collapsed, but he put all his efforts into moving. He had to find his Father and quickly, there was no way he'd fail her.. no way he'd lose to this. "Father!" He shouted for what he figured would be his final strong word - this time he was rewarded with a disgruntled, muffled sound that he figured was a 'what'. Which was quickly followed by his father, a picturesque leader of the pride that wore the disgruntled sound on his face until he noticed the shape his son was in. "Mom is not okay, I need you to come with me. Now."

WC: 367  

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:08 am
Throek`Irid hadn't spent the day doing much of anything, which resulted in him making rounds to various individuals. This happened to include some individuals working on additional dens - including new ones for his own sons and daughters, plus updating a couple. The dens themselves were quite plain, beyond those that had been already decorated and so they had it in their minds to run some tests on different building techniques. Throek, being the old school lion he was, wasn't prepared for such a change and wanted to address the possible issues personally.

Once he'd made his rounds he decided to address the issues with Alduin - the Jun made it clear that he only had a brief amount of time he could offer his old friend in regards to the matters so Throek arranged to meet later. "Are you sure you can't talk about it now?" He'd asked, pleading with the Jun to take the time. "No Throek, I have to see someone who isn't feeling the best - I'd like to find out why and remove them from the immediate pride members if we become concerned that it's contagious." That certainly took priority - he understood that above all else. "Alright, sorry to keep you Alduin." He dropped the formalities between them and smiled warmly.

"Keep me posted on their well being."

With that the pair of lions split off their conversations and headed opposite directions. During that time he'd heard a familiar call of 'father' which he didn't react to at first. The tone was panicked, but he'd heard it before with most of his cubs. In their youth he recognized the wail as 'so and so hit me' etc etc. So he didn't react right away. The next call was breathless and growing weak, now he was concerned and turned around to find Jua nearly falling into his chest. Before he could even speak a word the adolescent spoke and the words shot cold through his entire being. Without hesitation the pair of them were off in the direction Jua had come, fortunately their trip wasn't long and Jua was the fist to her side. "Rahisi." Throek whispered as he rushed to his mates side.

"Jua, what happened?" He asked, his tone remained calm as he watched the youths eyes well up with tears at the sight of his weakened Mother. "It'll be okay Rahisi." He said, trying to stay calm while he waited for his son to explain, an ear flickered on the lioness, but beyond that she had no further reaction to his voice.

WC: 426  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:46 am
With slow deep breaths, which he walked himself through, helped to calm him and keep him from entering a realm of useless sobbing. "The plant, over there." He pointed to a green bush of sorts that had clearly had pieces removed, some recent (the two pieces Rahisi had removed) and some older.

"She took pieces off and shoved one in my mouth.." The look on his Fathers face said all that needed to be said for him to quickly add in.. "..I spit it out though, almost as soon as she popped it in my mouth." The relief that lit up Throeks face was almost immediate and then he raised a paw and waved him on to continue speaking again.

"After she ate, and swallowed the piece of plant she began to lose some speech. At first I thought she was just experiencing a dry throat.. nothing major. Then she was staring at me like she couldn't see me anymore." He was beginning to feel fear well up inside of him again, but that was pushed away at the pure confident look on his Fathers face. "Jua, lend me a paw. We need to get your Mother to the safety of our Mountain - the Mountain herself will protect her." He said, not sounding as hopeful as he looked. Soon Jua watched as his Mother lay across his Fathers back, already appearing lifeless.

WC: 232
Total Jua WC: 599

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:52 am
Lifeless was I fact the best way to describe the love of his life, his mate. There she lay, with little reaction to his voice, but a pulse nonetheless. The whole situation was awful and to watch as his son struggled to keep himself together? None of this was fair, but thus was life. With the help of Jua he was able to lift his mate to his back.

"Let's get her home. Then we can deal with this there, have a Healer look at her." He suggested, trying to show mild concern. This time just seemed so different from the other times that she had done something so foolish (which was unheard of for her).

"Oh Rahisi.." He mumbled sadly as they moved.

Soon the trio was in the walls of the Mountain, found a den and had her rested upon pelts for comfort. Then he had to find someone to help him. "Jua, stay put. Get her some water if she needs it." He instructed sternly, to which the adolescent nodded quickly. Then he strode free from the den to find anyone.

WC: 185
Total Throek WC: 611

[IC] Dov'Strunmah Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces