[SRP] The Neighbours (Ram x Tethys)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:47 am
User Image

The friendly competition had proven to be very successful, and if the Hlare had wanted for supplies before, they certainly wouldn't now. Ram had filed away the information for future use, acknowledging that his own kind seemed to respond rather well to a little bit of sport. Not only did they seem to enjoy helping, but they also seemed to get a kick out of having bragging rights against their fellow pride members... and on this occasion, to a pride that didn't necessarily have the greatest of reputations.

There would be consequences of course - all those lionesses who didn't think they had been seen slipping away had been seen. Those foolish enough to make their mistakes would now have to live with them and Ram was hoped that they were ready to live in a world where he simply couldn't protect them. The fact of the matter was that they should have known better, they were raised here and knew the expectations... and yet they had ignored it. They'd even been warned off the Vikings and their charms, and they had still opted to be disrespectful.

...Ram would protect the children, but he had no intention of protecting the mothers.

He had come to this conclusion after Tethys had made his observations, and even his apology, during the games. The lionesses were adults and if they could not make the correct decisions then they were responsible for them - the traditionalists of the pride would be permitted to treat them as they saw fit. What was clear however, was that he was going to have to make some very definitive limits on what these young ladies could possibly hope to achieve... He just wasn't sure what those limitations would be at this precise moment in time.

Given he had very much been left to his own devices, the lion had taken to resting on his favoured perch as he pondered on the future of those loose females, unaware that their visitors still had a few questions they would like answered...

Words: 339

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:48 am
User Image

He was going to chalk this up to a little bit of luck, and a little bit of genius. This wouldn't have worked with all warbands, and admittedly, some of his band hadn't been the biggest fan of it, but it had gotten done. Granted, a number of them had sauntered off into the jungle to have their way with several bahari females, but he had already apologised for that and their King had been surprisingly blunt. While Tethys couldn't say he appreciated their behaviour, especially Ziya's given how poorly timed it was, there would have been a mutiny if he had denied them such pleasures.

...Next time he would simply feed back that they needed to have better taste.

He wasn't entirely blameless himself of course, he certainly had dallied, but he hadn't done it right under the damn King's nose for all to see. What Ram chose to do with any accidents that might arise wasn't really any of Tethys's business though. All in all the King had exhibited some rather pragmatic policies and the Captain had no doubt tat the blue lion would already have some sort of plan in place... or if he didn't, then there would be one soon.

Nevertheless this wasn't why the Captain was currently looking for him today. While the Hlare and the Priestesses were now actively working alongside one another to divvy out the new supplies and continue their research, further interest had been expressed regarding the neighbouring Kizingo'zaa lands. Admittedly, Tethys had already been there for a very brief period, but it had been with an untrained eye and quite frankly he'd been preoccupied. For all his declarations of having little to no interest in what they might have had in there, he wasn't entirely sure if that was true.

Thus, the Captain now sought out the King in an attempt to pick his brain for information. If there was anyone who happened to know whether or not the Kizingo'zaa were worth the time, then it would most likely be him. Fortunately, Tethys didn't have far to go before he uncovered the King's resting place. He was exactly where others had said he would be and Tethys made sure to give a knock against the rocks before he drew nearer.

"You're almost rid of me," he announced with a chuckle. "I just have one or two more questions before we depart...."

Words: 402

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:10 am
"Tethys," Ram looked up from his reverie and regarded the lion with interest. He'd already noted that they were beginning to stir and prepare to leave. From what he had gathered the Hlare had been exchanging information on how best to contact one another should they make a discovery. In short, Ram had assumed that in a few more days the Bahari would be back to normal and largely devoid of the large number of Vikings that had taken up residence for the time being. It would be a relief to both Bahari and some of the visitors alike, as the vast majority had come to these shores to relax.

...To say that the Vikings had caused discomfort was an understatement for some, the reputation of the Stormborn preceded them and while Tethys had done well to prove that they weren't all the same, there wouldn't be any dramatic peace treaties or embraces. No, Ram would be happy to see the back of them, if only so that he could begin some damage control on some of what had happened.

"I can attempt to answer your queries, I can't promise I'll know all of them but I'll do my best," he confirmed with a smile.

"Fantastic," Tethys gave a toothy grin as he took a seat and tilted his head to the side. "It's about the Kizingo'zaa," he began, smile soon replaced by pursed lips. "I'm aware that they have some questionable tendencies and you're not necessarily their greatest fan in regards to them, but do they have anything we might be able to use?" he asked curiously.

"Plants you don't have here, for example," he continued.

"That I don't know," Ram replied. "You would be best picking the brains of the Hlare again," he advised with a wry smile. No doubt that the Hlare would happily provide further assistance, this was the most excitement they'd had in a while. "But I would assume that they don't have anything new in comparison to ourselves, at least not anything useful," he mused. It was a guess, but the Hlare would often move back and forth between the two territories and they hadn't brought back anything unique.

Hopefully the Hlare would back him up on this, the Kizi really didn't need the disturbance while they were trying to get their s**t straight. A lot was riding on Puzzle's gambit and Ram would have preferred it wasn't messed up.

"So in short, bother Zephyranthes again?" Tethys said with a chuckle and gave a nod. "I'll do that then, but if they are found to have something of note, are they open to visitors?"

"That I can't guarantee," Ram replied. "They might be prepared to let you in, but that would be for their leaders to determine."

"That figures," Tethys murmured with a sigh and raked his paw through his mane. "I'll ask first," he decided and gave a small nod. "If there's a reason to visit then I'll cross that bridge, if there isn't then there's no point in worrying about it until then," he concluded. It was a remark that received a nod of agreement from the King. "You have my thank, Ram," he said at last and finally rose to his feet again.

"We'll be out of here within two days and hopefully that should be the last of us," Tethys concluded.

"If it isn't, then you might find I require more information for your next visit," Ram warned, and rightly so, as Tethys made to take his leave.

"You'll have it, if it comes to that," the lion promised as he moved away...

Words (Ram): 386
Total Words (Ram): 725
Words (Tethys): 219
Total Words (Tethys): 621

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out