[PRP] Flash to the Past (Navvie, Nyssa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:30 pm
Navvie couldn't believe it. Not only had his sister Impressed; she'd been avoiding him since! His parents hadn't paid him much mind either, and while that hurt, he was--used to it. His sister, though... He'd always had her support. Had things changed so much in the time they'd been apart? Had his parents revealed some secret crime he'd commited, and she judged him for it?

Stop that, mine, the hatchling beside him scolded. I would not have chosen you if you were not perfect. You are strong. Stronger than this. Why do you not see this? Why...why do you not trust in Licerth? That had the young man turn and wrap his arms around the brown. He hadn't thought his thoughts would upset his dragon so much.

"I'm sorry, Licerth," he apologized. "I just thought she'd come see me."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:32 pm
Nyssa had been avoiding N'var since they'd both Impressed, she was sure he HAD to hate her for Impressing Loteth, for once, for one brief moment, she had been in the background, her brother center of their patents world but she had snatched it from him, she was selfish, an awful sister, because she didn't, could NEVER truly regret Impressing, but did it have to be mere moments after her brother finally got visible pride from their parents?

Nyssa, mine, I couldn't have waited any longer, you are MINE and the only one for me, don't you want me? creeled the distressed, gangly hatchling laying his heavy head in her lap, stomach gurgling away as it digested his meal. She fingered the jacket of the outfit she'd been making for Navvie.... No, N'var now, with one hand, absently rubbing the Browns eye ridges in reassurance, she looked at his eyes, tinged with worry but mostly happy, "of course I want you darling Loteth, you are my everything, but I hurt my brother, I'm afraid he hates me" she said quietly, feeling that Loteth was calming down, "I didn't even give him this" she muttered, holding up the jacket.

Suddenly Loteth grabbed it from her hand in his mouth, taking as much care as an awkward dragon baby can, and ran off with it, running out and down the hall, he knew what to do, he had a plan, they had passed by here on the way and he knew what HIS' brother looked like, as well as his own Brown sibling, being the only other brown hatchling the entire clutch, well, it wasn't hard to miss the pair. He ignored Nyssa's protests, all she could do was chase him, she was too small to manhandle him. Abruptly Loteth stopped, scurried over and deposited the jacket in N'var's lap, surprisingly little damage from his baby teeth but definitely very soggy from dragon spit. "LOTETH WH....." She stopped short, then bit her lip and looked away from her brother, face red with shame and guilt.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 pm
A soggy bunch of fabric was deposited into N'var's lap. He stared, dumbfounded, at the dragon before him. It was the other brown from the hatching. His sister's. But what had he put in his lap?

Making a face, N'var lifted it up and studied it. "What's this?" He asked, looking to Nyssa. "Did you make this? It's nice."

He hesitated and looked away. "I wanted to congratulate you on Impressing," he muttered. "I know they're proud of you."

Licerth wasn't sure he understood. Why didn't his think he was worthy of attention? Why did he think so poorly of himself, yet seem to yearn for praise? Humans were really very odd... I am proud of you, Mine! the brown announced.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:23 am
Nyssa swallowed hard, while Loteth just sat looking smug, between the siblings before moving beside his brother. "Yeah, I....made it for you" she struggled, feeling awful "member when I asked for your measurements, I.....I wanted to make you a special outfit for your Hatching feast" she paused, thee tyongue felt thick in her mouth, she wrung her hands. "I've got the shirt and pants ready, but...." She looked at the soggy jacket, there were pinpricks in it, sharp baby dragon teeth weren't gentle, even if said hatchling tried

"Oh! Nononono! They were proud of YOU!" She said quickly "they were terrified for me, all that betweening" she explained, she'd argued with them, the werylingmaster had had to talk with them, in the end there was nothing they could have done, Nyssa wasn't leaving, unlike N'var, she had EVERYTHING to learn as she went, her brother having the advantage of having candidate lessons.

Loteth harrumphed in N'var hair, then slobbered on him with a wet tongue, showing the brother of HIS some affection, to Nyssa privately though he commented Mine, this brother is silly, a Dragon knows best for him or her, Licerth wouldn't have chosen someone unsuitable, this Navvie is very silly

Suddenly Nyssa knelt down, throwing her arms around N'var's neck "I'm sorry Navv....N'var, I tried but they wouldn't listen, I'm sorry I stole your moment!"  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:38 am
Made it for him? For when he Impressed? His eyes widened slightly, and he studied it again. "Maybe it'll dry off before the feast," he offered.

He hesitated. He hadn't gone to speak with his parents after Impressing. Would they be at the hatching feast? "...Yeah. I guess they have a point," he said, looking over Nyssa in concern. "Did it bother you? Coming here?"

"Oh...yuck!" He pulled away from Loteth, making a face. "Shards, Nyssa, control your dragon!" But he didn't seem to be angry. He wrapped his arms around Nyssa. "You can still call me Navvie," he said. "And you didn't! Just think if you hadn't been there! Loteth wouldn't be." His hold on her tightened slightly. "And... at least I Impressed first, right?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:55 am
Nyssa sighed "maybe, but the shirt and pants are dry and safe" she said, eyeing Loteth "hey, I couldnt stop him stealing the jacket, Loteth likes you, the overgrown puppy" she smiled affectionately as Loteth chuckled audibly, a strange rumbling sound, vibrating his chest.

"No, not a single cough" she said happily, physically sure she wasn't as strong, and she did get tired more easily but she wasnt SICK anymore and she felt great, since Loteth happened, she could barely remember feeling ill.

She grew alarmed when he said that if she hadn't been there, Loteth might have ..... "No!" Yes Mine, you are my one and only forever, I couldn't have chosen anyone else now could I? he moved away from Licerth, cuddling up to Nyssa

"I never, oh faranth" a tear tracked down her face, "I never knew" she leaned into his hug, clinging tighter "yes, you did, and Licerth is a very nice dragon" she said, sniffling a little but I am the best! added Loteth, privately, making Nyssa chuckle a little "of course"  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:27 am
"If you bring them, I'll wear them," N'var promised. "Er. I didn't get you anything, though..." he looked a bit awkward, rubbing the back of his neck. "Really? That's great!" He was glad his younger sister was finally well. She'd been sickly as long as he could remember.

N'var released Nyssa after another hug. "Do you think they get along?" He asked, gesturing to the two hatchlings. Licerth had been pretty upset when he'd been knocked to the sands by the other brown, but he seemed to have forgotten that.

I am very nice, echoed Licerth smugly. I am the best! The strongest! And mine! You are too!

"When we Impressed, he was mad at me for thinking I should Impress a bronze," he said, looking to Nyssa.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:01 pm
"They're just in our room" she said, wiping at her face. "Yeah, its strange, the Healer said it happens sometimes, like I just grew out of being sick" she was so happy, she didn't think she could be happier, Navvie had a dragon, SHE had a dragon...

You will ALWAYS have me Nyssa Mine, I'll love you forever!!

"I love you too Loteth dear" she scratched at his eye ridges until he almost melted into her lap, she swore he'd be purring had he been a feline.

"Of course they will, they're brothers, they already like each other now" she smiled, as Loteth rolled over, baring his belly and huffing out a happy sigh, his meal bulging his stomach out. "Well it doesn't hurt to hope for the best, just let him know he's loved anyway and you'd never swap him" she said, those being her own thoughts about Loteth, yes he'd been unexpected but NOTHING in the whole world would make her give him up even if she COULD

Thaliawen

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:23 pm
"I'm so happy for you," N'var said, honestly. She had always been sickly, it was nice to see her healthy!

"I don't think Licerth liked him much, when he trampled us," He grinned and shrugged. "I didn't need to hope," he mused. "I was already getting the best!" He reached and scratched at his brown's eye ridges.

"I didn't get a chance to talk to Momma after the hatching," he said.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:03 pm
Nyssa chuckled "well no, but you weren't hurt so its OK right?" Suddenly feeling bad, she hadn't even checked if he'd been hurt by Loteths claws

It was the fastest way to get to you, I did not have time to waste going around them

Of course not dear heart, now you know better, perhaps apologise? she thought to him.

Licerth, Navvie brother person, I am sorry for running you over, you are unhurt?

Nyssa's face fell, "maybe they'll be at the feast?" She said hopefully, but she knew their parents were upset at losing both children to the Weyr in one blow, she felt guilty, they'd been so proud of N'var but so terrified for her, and she knew, though they didn't say it, they were upset she wouldn't stay home, have babies and never leave them.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:49 am
"I'm not hurt," Navvie quickly assured his sister. "And Licerth was just startled. I checked him." He reached to pet Loteth, then. "Just don't run Licerth over again, he might get mad."

I did not like being walked on! Licerth announced. But I am not hurt. Nor is Mine!

"Maybe," he echoed, and sighed. "I thought they'd like to meet Licerth, at least."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:12 pm
"Good" good Nyssa and Loteth echoed

I will try not to "yes you will" she said to her dragon, frowning. "Of COURSE they'll want to meet him, I didn't really get a chance to introduce them to Loteth, I had my hands full trying to stop him from getting between Mother and our Weyrling Master, he wanted to stop the fighting"

It was upsetting Mine, the mother person couldn't have changed anything even if she was a mother dragon so there was no point in arguing about it but the mother person would not hear me.

This surprised Nyssa a little, she had assumed that their !other had just ignored Loteth on purpose, rather, it seemed that she had blocked Loteth, even though he'd tried. Strange....  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:06 am
"Thank you," N'var smiled. He definitely appreciated Licerth not being trampled. Nyssa' swords surprised him. "I thought for sure they'd be thrilled," he muttered. He was proud of his sister, she'd gotten better and Impressed! "They were fighting? It's not like she could house a dragon at the hold..."

Licerth nuzzled his brother. She isn't important. I don't like her not hearing you.

"I'll try talking to her," N'var promised. "Don't worry, Nyssa."  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff