Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
[Zjarri is pregnant and has just become Captain. This takes place after they return from the Viking that made her Captain.]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:31 pm
Zjarri`fol had made her rounds, that would have eventually included Sabia`Deimos - she knew this and yet avoided it like the plague. The crimson lioness was never hard to find, she often lounged about the center-most part of the pride to enjoy a drink or two and banter with others. Had she been aware of how 'friendly' the lioness could be maybe she would have approached her sooner on the subject. Of course she knew exactly what Sabia could be like and so she had chosen to speak with her family first before opening this particular can of worms.

In moments she spied the pelt, draped over her shoulders that was typically tied at her neck with a clasp that was adorned by a small bird skull. "Sabia, can I speak with you a moment?" No, she wasn't sure when the pregnancy had happened but at least she knew whose they were - beyond her time with Keir she hadn't had a chance to spend alone time with another. The lioness was quick to nod, a look of question appeared on her face rightly so. "It'll only take a few minutes." Zjarri stated as the lioness opened her mouth to speak. "And if you don't mind, I'd like to do it in private."

In saying that she turned away from the lioness, biting at her lip a little when she was free from the piercing, golden gaze that entrapped her every time. With a few short steps they were up a path, away from the crowds and much nearer a clutter of trees. Somehow being alone felt much better than being with the crowd - this was a personal thing.

WC: 277  

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:39 pm
In all of her days leading up to conversations like this she never imagined she'd have had a constant companion as long as she had Zjarri - of course she hadn't anticipated finding a pride that would be worth her salt to stay for. She almost felt comfortable enough to call this blue lioness, who was her Captain first, a friend. That word was very rarely in her vocabulary and so were the individuals the word applied too. "Of course." She said when Zjarri asked to step aside, it was all she could manage with how quickly the lioness had moved away.

Is she getting pudgy?

The thought was brief, very brief as she was suddenly dragged to a new destination for what was obviously supposed to be a private meeting. "Secrets, I love secrets." She smiled largely and narrowed her eyes - the expression was creepy in most cases, even when she didn't intend it to be.

"So what is it? Why did we have to come all the way over here Captain?" Sabia put some emphasis on the word Captain, she was proud to have helped the blue lioness achieve this goal - no matter what cost it may have been at. The old Captain was dead, washed away along with memory of her and here stood the new lioness in charge that Sabia proudly worked with. "Out with it." She stated as a demand, becoming thoroughly impatient.

WC: 239  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:47 pm
When Zjarri was back to facing Sabia she noticed the way those golden eyes seemed to scrutinize her, had she noticed the extra weight? That was all she needed, was the lioness before her to guess why they were here before she could even begin to explain. When she was peppered with questions it was obvious that she hadn't given anything away and for that she actually seemed relieved - unfortunately that meant she'd have to speak her mind out loud.

"It's not really a secret, it's more like news." She stated, her pink eyes seeking out just about everything else besides those eyes that stared endlessly in her direction and yet she was always drawn back to them. "Sabia, I'm pregnant." She crushed her eyes closed quickly after ripping off that bandage as quickly as she could. The news would indeed be news, but hopefully nothing so daunting as to cause an explosion from the lioness, but she knew how much the lioness had been pushing to get her to Captain.

"I can't imagine that I'd be up and moving for long, then I'll have little ones to look after and I know I just became a Captain - your Captain." Zjarri began to feel flustered, irate with herself for feeling anything, but excited and even more angry that she felt as though she owed this lioness. "In short, I'll be taking a small, but inevitable leave of absence from our Vikings." When she met Sabias eyes this time she held firm.

WC: 251  

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:05 pm
"So you are getting pudgy."

Was the response that she gave at first, caught off guard by the news as it was most certainly news that should be given in private. "Who else have you told?" At first her anger was so pure that she couldn't even begin to know where to start. So she started with simple a simple question to which she received a silence that told her everyone, but her basically knew - a dramatic way of thinking about it, but that was where her mind had gone.

"You.." She said, quietly at first. "You told everyone, but me?!" The anger was beginning to take form and as was typical of her personality she let the dam over fill and prepared to burst. When she did it came out in the form of demanding questions which were made clear to need answers immediately.

"What do you mean you told everyone else before me?"

"Who am I to you?"

"Why did we even bother getting you to Captain?"

"What does this mean for the future of the band?"

"What the ******** was overwhelmed by the idea that she had invested herself so much into this particular lioness and then was cast aside at the first opportunity. Not being one to think things through she simply reacted. "How dare you." She growled, a snarl forming on her lips. "You and I came together to begin something and you end it right as we make something of our team?" Team, she scolded herself internally for calling their partnership such a thing.

A team told each other things and didn't let each other down.

WC: 274  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:13 pm
"Yes, I am getting pudgy."

"Wait, what?"

Her eyes narrowed at the lioness and her timid behavior faded drastically as she realized what she had just said. Then before she could get a word in edge wise she was assaulted with emotionally stimulated questions. Zjarri shouldn't have been shocked and yet her eyes widened at the sudden passionate anger aimed in her direction - all she had done was start a family.

"I told my family. My parents know and the cubs Grandparents are also aware. Last I checked you and I weren't family." For flavor she tossed in a snarl. "You are a close friend, at best, and even then I don't feel like a know a damned thing about you. I haven't even seen you without that damned mask on." Her chest was heaving as she screamed back at the crimson lioness who had forced her way into this far to much. "I'm only telling you because I am your Captain and you ought to know because I will not be waltzing around looking for chances to leave the pride. For once in my damned life I'll have a bloody reason to stay." That was perhaps the most true this she had ever said in her life. Sure, she had blood relatives in the pride - none of which she knew overly well and the one she did spend time with was at one point, drunk for most of their encounters.

"So how dare you judge me."

Zjarri felt that the lioness before her had made things very clear. The line was drawn just before friendship as it was obvious she'd get no kind words from someone she had thought to name an Aunt to the unborn cubs she was already so fond of. "I think it's best I leave - maybe we can speak again later, when you've decided to be happy for me instead of this nonsense."

Damned hormones - her eyes welled up with tears that she fought not to fall, not over this. With that she turned away and left the conversation, it hadn't been worth having in the first place.

WC: 355
Total Zjarri WC: 883

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:20 pm
Oh, so there was a fire in the belly of her blue companion after all. That fire burned bright after she had her little tantrum and soon she was left by herself to think on what Zjarri had said. Sabia knew what it was to become a mother, she had a number of sons and daughters herself out in the world - those of whom she hadn't seen for quite a while nor did they speak with their mother. She hadn't anticipated that anytime soon she'd face them and so she had simply written them off as part of her life - ish.

"Good riddance." She mumbled, not meaning it entirely. In fact she was a small amount saddened by the way the conversation had ended, but her anger was far to hot to let her feel bad about what she had said. They were all honest question and definitely reasonable in her mind.

Why become a Captain while trying for a family.

WC: 161
Total Sabia WC: 674

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces