Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:47 am
User Image

He sat upon a scatter of rocks, craning his neck so he could watch the goings on just across the clearing. Some reavers, it looked like, were loudly declaring their victories with rogues at the borders, puffing out their chests and prancing around in a way that reminded Dreki of the colourful, feathered birds he'd seen dancing amongst the branches as they tried to attract attention of females.

After a moment the group quietened and he settled on his belly, frowning as he considered the different roles within the pride and what he would be when he grew up.

There were options, of course, but he wasn't sure any of them really suited. It was a dillema and one that he hoped he could work out soon.

He wouldn't be a cub forever, after all.

Syrius Lionwing
feel free to use whoever you like!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:36 am
User Image

The salmon pink female padded over the borders, head held high. She always felt good when she came back from the outside world, after all this was home. She gave a nod to the border guards on her way past, most knew her, he size and bright pink coat made her recognisable to say the least.

Of course when she crossed she always considered her options, go and see the cubs or go and do something else, eat, drink, be merry,maybe find her thralls for a little entertainment. Well they were probably busy with the cubs, she still had a hard time believing she had given birth to nine cubs. With this on her mind she decided it was a good idea to beeline for her children. They should at least get a little face time with her.

Of course she didn't get as far as the dens before she spotted Dreki. His red-orange coat made him stand out from the rest of her litter, though her whole brood had come out rather rainbow coloured, undoubtedly from her own heritage as well as that of the pridelanders she had spent that one night with, Dreki stood out.

He reminded her of her birth place, where more lions of his coat colour lived than any other colour. The red of the firekin. With a little smile on her maw the salmon pink giantess headed straight for the red cub settling herself in to a comfortable sit she locked the little male accross his cheek before he could protest. "You look thoughtful my son." She states simply settling herself accross the dark rocks.

Kimaria

Syrius Lionwing

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:34 am
He blinked, caught off guard by the appearance of his mother. Their pelt colours were so varied that they certainly made for an interesting looking family. He'd never questioned it, though. Just accepted it. After all, the Stormborn themselves were a varied and colourful lot.

At his mother's question he repeated the last thought that he'd had: "I won't be a cub forever, mama."

He frowned again and tucked his forepaws in against his chest. "Will I be like them," and he pointed a paw towards the Reavers hesitantly. He wasn't so sure. "Or like someone else?"

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:30 am
Kimaria

She contemplated his words, it was true, he most certainly would not be a cub forever. The inevitable passage of time saw her cubs grow and leave or stay. mainly she just let them do their own thing, mostly. It occurred to her that this was maybe a little philosophical for a cub and although she wanted to tell him some things about who he was she paused to think about it.

"When I wasn't much older than you my son I asked exactly the same questions. Of course my questions lead me here." She let out a sigh, she wasnt really a great mother, she preferred the females in her family over the males, she did a lot of encouraging to the girls and for a moment she felt slightly guilty of that, she had of course left her boy children to fend and question the world themselves.

She decided she could grant him some sort of wisdom, or perhaps even encouragement. "You know the males who look after you, you will never be them,they are Thralls and though they are not to be harmed they are not your equals. You are a storm born and there is iron in your blood, there is also fire in your belly you are decended from the firekin that is why you have a coat full of flames." She paused for a moment, her words felt grandiose even to her ears. "If you wish to be a reaver I will not stop you, if you wish to simply be a freeborn or if the law speakers call to you, you can, you are a child of mine, and my children can do anything." She was clearly in a good mood, she wasnt sure she would give such a speech in front of her whole litter, but in front of one questioning child, she was okay to pass on this knowledge and she did on a base level believe her children could do anything they desired it was just she didn't really expect anything of the boys, they were less her concern.

Syrius Lionwing

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:42 am
"Anything?" he echoed in a whisper. For a moment he seemed to ponder on it and then he stood and regarded his mother with a very serious face. "How...how did you know what you wanted to be, mother? Did you just know? Or...or did it take a while?"

Laughter flared up behind him again and he turned to glance the reavers from the corner of his eye, "I don't think I am cut out to be like one of them." He tightened his jaw and set his teeth for a moment, thinking on that.

He considered his mother's words. He would never be a thrall and yet their demeanor spoke to him more. He shook his head fiercely as if to rid himself of those thoughts and turned back to his bright-pelted mother. "Maybe when I get bigger my ideas will change?"

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:06 am
Kimaria

She looked at the young red boy before her. If he had been born in to the firekin he would have been welcomed, he probably wouldn't have wanted to leave. She had spent her formative youth being trained to survive on her own and when the time had come, she hadn't known what to do with herself. She was well in to adult-hood when she had joined the stormborn and though she had been here for many years she had known as soon as her paws crossed the threshold that she would be a reaver.

A soft sigh rolled over her lips as she pulled the cub towards her, she looked carefully in to his eyes and spoke. "Unlike you my life didn't start here my son. I was born in the Motojamii lands and when it was time I had to go, my coat colour branded me as a Huria which meant I could not stay in those lands. You on the other hand have been born here, you are a freeborn, you will never have to take orders from anyone, you can be what ever you want, you can take your time and decide."

She paused for a moment she knew that the two males she left in charge of her children were caring well for them, but maybe they were a little soft? It didn't really matter to her, she did want to see her children happy and thriving though. "If you never want to be a reaver my son do not think you have to be, you can choose to remain free."

Syrius Lionwing

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:14 am
The pride his mother had come from sounded a strange place indeed. To judge a person on the colour of their pelt and not by their strengths sounded rather unreasonable to him. Still, it meant that they were here now and he had options - which his mother had not had, by the sounds of it.

"Free..."

He gave a sharp nod of his head, "I understand, mama." He probably didn't understand completely. He was a cub, after all. Yet he was at least on the beginning of the journey in which he would find himself. "I can still be a reaver and not be like them." he continued. All laughing and jokes and brash behaviour." And he could be kind and caring without being a thrall.

"I am glad you came here, mama. A lion should not be judged by the colour of their pelt. We are all different colours but we are all strong." He fought the sudden need to nuzzle to her and sat on his tail instead. "I'm going to go see other lions in the pride. See what they do. Then I can know for sure." He grinned at that.

He giggled suddenly and shook his head, "we don't look very alike, do we?"

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:23 am
Kimaria

The bright pink lioness smiled at the little cub,, she peered over his head at the foolish behaviour of the reavers below, constantly fighting, being loud and brash, not everyone was like them. "I'm a reaver and I'm not like them." She chuckled, she could certainly be loud when she wanted to be but she had always been more of a silent brawler than a loud mouth.

"That is a good plan my son. It is a good idea to learn about as many things as you can before you settle. My old pride liked strength so I have always been a fighter. Reaving I suppose is in my blood."

letting out a slow breath when he reminded her of their pelt differences she gave a nod. "You my son are blessed with a firekins coat. I suppose you got that from me. Your siblings look a lot like your father though his mane passed to none of you." She shifted one of her massive paws and moved the fur out of the young boys eyes. "If you had been born there you would have been welcome but those lands they are harsh, different than the harsh of here." She gave a nod and pulled the young cub in to her chest, she started to groom his fur taking pride for a moment that he seemed to have a very level head even though he was so young. "You can be yourself my son I won't judge you if you don't want to be a reaver I promise."

Syrius Lionwing

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:33 am
This was true. Reavers came in all shapes and sizes. Perhaps he would find that he would fit in more than he originally believed. Maybe there could be calm reavers like him, too. The thought pleased him.

"This is home now, mama." he replied, wondering what his mother's old home had been like but more than certain that he never wanted to go there. They'd thrown his mother out. They weren't the types of lions he wanted to deal with.

"I'll do my best!" he continued, and really, that was all he could do. Then, when she pulled him closer and started to groom him he felt his chest blossom with warmth. He had mother's attention all to himself! The others would be so jealous if they ever found out.

He gave a small sigh and leaned into her, "thank you, Mama."

Syrius Lionwing
last post from me! Thank you! =D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:42 am
Kimaria
RP machines wuuutt!

His little voice made her smile. Maybe if she had more cubs in the future, maybe she would only have one and that would make her life easier. It would definitely be easier to tutor one.

This was certainly enough mothering for today, in the evening she would return to the rogue lands, go back to reaving and leave her brood in the paws of her Thralls.

Nymphaea held on to the little red cub and watched the reavers while she waited for him to fall asleep. She would carry him back to the dens and place him back with his plethora of oddly coloured siblings. She loved them, in her own way, she wasnt really very good at mothering she could just about cope with one, yes, this was definately enough mothering for one day.

Syrius Lionwing

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff