Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:35 pm
User Image

Maono didn't simply happen across her new home, she'd been inherited by it for the purpose of having it remain a secret, her joining hadn't been by choice, but she'd have it no other way. Since becoming a part of the group, the pride, she found herself to feel fantastic and achieved. If only her blood relatives could see her now how she wished she could push such feelings in the face of them. Alas, she was on her own and had no desire to seek them out, that would mean leaving this new world behind.

Today meeting with the local Apothecary was on her mind, while in the wild she had learned to mend some small wounds with some salves here and there, but nothing to the degree of helping to maintain a pride. She'd finally been able to put together some time to truly set her on a better path towards becoming a proper help. From what she could recall of arranging the meeting she had arrived at the correct spot, now she simply had to wait.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:53 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She and Mahina had been greatly enjoying the use of their new baskets. Their passion for herbs and earth taking on a new perspective. Much to the annoyance of some of their pridemates. It couldn't be helped though. Someone take to make the items for the healers to use on their sorry hides when someone accidentally stepped on a thorn, or ran through brambles. Before it had been her alone, and more recently a young serval had joined her.

Recently, a hyena had been asking about the position. Meltem was delighted someone else might be interested. So she'd set up a time to meet the new arrival. Of course, they got involved with their herbs and it wasn't until Mahina pointed out the time that Meltem realized they had better hurry or they'd be late. She shouldered her basket, a gift from a friend, and smiled as the serval slipped into her smaller one. The lioness set a brisk pace, and soon they were in sight. Sure enough there was a hyena waiting.

"Hello there," Meltem pulled up a bit breathlessly. "Have you been waiting long?"

She loved herbs. She loved learning about herbs. She loved her basket. Talking about them all day was heaven to her. With loving pride she pulled the tiny basket into position on her shoulder. It was still the smaller one, but she couldn't wait to grow into the bigger one. Mahina hoped the lion who had gifted her the baskets would come back to see her using the bigger one.

The young serval had been just as distracted by the herbs as her partner. They were well matched in that sense. It wasn't until the sun shone in her eyes that she realized they were going to be late. She strutted down the invisible path, hoping anyone who saw her noticed the basket. It was truly her pride and joy.

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:12 pm
"I'd happily wait all day/" The hyena was being entirely honest. She'd had little else to do with her time beyond finding food and maybe helping with a task or two. Mostly she found herself waiting, patience was being learned whether she liked it or not.

She marveled at the pair that had joined her though. They were clearly proud of the task they performed, and the basket in which they put their herbs. "Where did you get such baskets?" She asked curiously, eyes widening with excitement - would it be something she could get as well? She wondered briefly, but decided against holding onto hope. "They are both so wonderfully crafted." She complimented the basket.

"I can't wait to get started today. Where do we begin?" She queried. The excitement about the baskets hadn't faded, but she merely decided to focus somewhere else. She was far to ready to begin her preps to follow in the paw steps of her lion companion. Becoming an apothecary seemed right up her alley.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:39 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

“Just be careful! You might have to!” Meltem laughed teasingly. “We both tend to get absorbed in our work.” A complete understatement unless by absorbed she meant so completely engrossed in it to the exclusion of all else. “I do apologize anyhow.”

She smiled to herself as the hyena noticed their baskets and servals expected pride. “A friend we met gave them as a gift to us. He was very thoughtful in providing something of such use to us.” Meltem nodded. “Yes they are perfect.” Too bad it was just the baskets they had. Perhaps she should make a trip to the location she’d been told about for more.

“Mmmmm, good question. I guess the best place to start would be with what do you know? I’d hate to cover something you already were aware of.”

She bounded after her longer legged companion, taking care to make sure nothing bounced out of her basket. The young serval went boldly right up to the hyena. She’d seen several around the pride, and hadn’t been bothered by them. It didn’t occur to her that this one might be different. Thankfully she wasn’t.

“Hello! I’m Mahina!” She posed with her basket for the best view. Mahina was pleased by the compliment. “Our friend brought me two! One for now, and one for when I get bigger.” The kit was mighty pleased by the lion’s forethought. She wanted to be involved in the group and prowled around the foliage acting like she was doing something.

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:49 pm
The hyena cackled merrily at the idea. She had heard that the pair of them, lioness and her companion, were very devout to their duties. So to wait a whole day wouldn't have been uncalled for, Meltem had confirmed that for her. "I'll keep that in mind then." Maonos laugh had faded into a warm, comfortable grin.

"That was very kind of your friend indeed." She remarked. "I suppose he isn't here anymore? I mean as a member of the pride?" She imagined that had he gotten close enough there wasn't a chance in hell he'd have gotten away without joining. No. He must be a member? "Or did you meet him outside of the pride?" Her curiosity would serve her well later on likely, but she worried herself that she might ask to many questions one day.

Maono grew silent in careful consideration about the question the lioness had posed. "My knowledge is unfortunately limited. I've learned the basics about some plants and even a small salve or two that can help in a pinch. I wouldn't depend on me to save a life yet or anything." She mused, the humor was dark, but she wanted to make sure her point was across. That position would be to much for her.

"Mahina!" She gasped. "What a beautiful name for a beautiful serval with a beautiful basket!" Clearly Maono was a big ol' teddy bear. She wouldn't harm a fly if it came down to it! "Well, well.. he is certainly a smart friend, isn't he?" She said pleasantly.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:02 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

Oh it was nice to have a friend that understood! Meltem felt herself relaxing and found a comfortable spot to sit. Most of her pride had no interest in herbs or mucking about with herbs. They had very little patience when it came right down to it. She had the feeling she’d get along quite well with this hyena.

She smiled down at the exuberant serval kit. “Seems I missed introductions. I’m Meltem. Sadly he’s not a member of the pride, just a rogue friend we ran into out there. He did mention where he’d gotten the baskets, so we can surely see about getting you some.” The lioness wondered at her luck, two nice males she’d met that didn’t join the pride. Oh well.

“Not to worry, we can teach you, and it’s good not to boast more knowledge than you have. In this field we can hurt as easily as harm.” She hoped it never came to that.

She popped back up out of the tall grasses and puffed her chest importantly. “No he’s not around,” she echoed the lioness. “I hope he stops by again soon though.” Mahina gave a purr for the hyena and her compliments. “What’s your name?”

Seeing the two larger animals were going to talk for a bit, she set her basket down with care near the lioness and went to explore a bit further. She wanted to see if there were any herbs nearby that she knew. If she found anything really interesting, she’d bring it back for Meltem to tell her about it.

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:33 pm
"Meltem, my name is Maono."

Formalities hadn't been her strong suit, clearly. But she'd heard the lioness's name elsewhere and so she hadn't concerned herself with asking. The serval kit, however, had been someone she hadn't gotten a name for.

She tossed some of the mane of hair she had out of her eyes briefly and smiled. "I'd surely lovely to get my paws on a basket one day, but one step at a time." She chuckled. "You sound like you miss him Mahina." She said, a teasing grin growing on her maw.

"I'd never boast." She said, not in a defensive tone, more so to firmly agree with the lioness. "For that exact reason. The reason I enjoy it so much is because of the help we can supply. I can't help anyone with lies." Another laugh. Boy she just found herself hilarious apparently.

"Does Mahina often go off on her own to find things?" Maono suddenly seemed alarmed by the servals sudden disappearance, though it hadn't been that sudden, not truly.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:14 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

"A pleasure to meet you Maono. It's good to have another apothecary." Although the pride was still small, there were some ranks she'd rather have more of than fewer. Apothecaries were one, healers were another. Anyone could hunt if the need was great, but only a few had the proper skills for the more dedicated roles.

A faint squeak in the grass, told her that Mahina had been successful in catching a meal. She was pleased the hyena didn't brush her little friend off, or dismiss her because of her age. The lioness grinned at the hyena. "I think we'll get along beautifully." She chuckled as the hyena asked about Mahina's disappearance. "She's a cat and young. She won't go far though. I've started training her as well, and given her the proper warnings."

There was quite a few scents that were new, and several that were attractive. One of those being a mouse. Mahina crept up upon her prey slowly, then with a slight rustle as she wiggled her hips, she pounced. Landing with the mouse between her paws, she quickly dispatched it and gulped it down. A new scent tickled her nose. One that made her nose itch and almost sting. Something new. Meltem had warned her to be careful and not pick unknown plants with her mouth. She carefully followed it to the source then wrapped the plant in broad leaves to protect herself.

Carrying it, she turned to the small group just in time to hear the hyena's name and her question about the lion. "I do. He treated even me with respect, and he thought to bring two baskets." Most lions didn't notice a young serval kit. "If I see him again, I will ask him for one for you," Mahina promised. She liked the hyena's friendly manner and her easy inclusion into the adult conversation.

magnadearel

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:18 am
"Pleasure is mine, really." The hyena was enjoying herself. Company, good company specifically, had been hard to come by in the roguelands. Meltem was proving the worth of her decison to join and walk among the others who had decided to hide themselves away with this group. "I've got a nose for it." She chuckled softly at he own blatant compliment.

"Well I'm sure with your guidance she will do well." Maono nearly jumped out of her pelt when the squeak sounded out. A sign that she had been listening too hard for the serval. "Good to know that you know her so well." She tried to laugh off her concern, but still found her eyes wandering aroundd until her youthful form came into view.

"That was very sweet of him." Maono remarked with some surprise. It was growing more obvious that some hadn't quite treated her the way she expected. "You make a great impression Mahina, and I'd appreciate it if you could ask him." Her eyes lit up with excitement, a basket all her own.

"So shall we get started?" Her attentions withdrew from Mahina in favor of seeking out her mentor.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:04 am
Ctrl F Greenie
Fin! Thank you! <3

She noted the strange wrap the serval had brought with her when she returned. Probably another plant she wanted to ask about. That was perfectly fine with her. It would let her see if Maono was knowledgeable with the plants in this area.

Meltem chuckled softly at the hyena’s joke. “Well I hope so for we need it!” The lioness grinned, “I can only hope she learns a little from me at least!” The hyena’s question brought the serval back to her plant and the kit promptly produced it. “Yes!,” Meltem purred. “Let’s see what Mahina’s found for us to look at.” She turned her attention to the kit.

Mahina wrinkled her brow as she concentrated on remembering to ask Ali for a basket for her friend. Who knew how long it would be before she would see him again? She wanted to be sure she remembered. After a moment, she turned her attention back to the conversation.

At the hyena’s question it reminded her of the plant she’d gathered. “Oh! Yes let’s start with this one.” She pushed the bundle closer and sat down eagerly. “I noticed the smell first Meltem. It’s very pungent and makes my nose hurt.” Mahina slowly unwrapped her find and looked up at the two adults, waiting to absorb any knowledge they might impart.

magnadearel

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff