Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:01 pm
User Image

Dam'ahdra woke with a start. The sun was positioned in the sky in a way that she knew immediately she'd slept later than she probably should have. Groaning with a stretch, she hurried to her feet and set off in the direction of her post. She normally would have spent some time grooming or getting a drink before heading to her spot, but she was quick to relieve whoever she was replacing, guilt on her back as she made her way there.

A familiar face came into view as she approached and a smile appeared on her maw which had just before been a grumpy, sullen look of being woken too soon. Suddenly she felt a little self conscious about her fur that was surely disheveled, causing her to trip just a little in her approach. Odd, she thought before pushing it from her mind.

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:13 pm
User Image

"Dam`ahdra!"

Wook smiled as he recognized the lioness he had met a number of moons ago. From what he could recall she was a guard and looking at the sun in the sky he figured it was due time to change shifts. So it was of little surprise to him that he saw her approaching the station she was likely taking over. "There was no need to rush today." He mused as he took in her disheveled appearance. It was one he recognized as he'd done the very same thing many times himself.

"Fortunately the patrols have been quiet and so you could probably take a moment to breath."

Sure, he took the job seriously, but on days like today he'd not put anymore pressure on the lioness than she was already doing to herself.

In Good Faith

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:26 pm
Dam half sighed, half laughed as she came into conversation distance of Wook. "I am sorry, though. I generally prefer to be early rather than late. I must had trouble sleeping." She attempted to subtly tame her fur as she spoke, but when she noticed silence, she shifted her attitude.

"So there's nothing to report?" She asked in a more efficient manner, her eyes immediately skirting around them. She was only a little disappointed by the news, having not had the opportunity to really do much in the pride. All her shifts at the guard posts were uneventful; she at least was interested in having a duel. She had a sore spot at having came to a draw on her own entry into the pride. There was need to win in her that kept growing.

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:38 pm
He began to create a smaller gap between the pair of them so chattering was a touch more comfortable, rather than yelling across the sands - not that there had been anyone else to be bothered by it nearby.

"We all have those days." He admitted with a friendly grin and knowing grin.

"Not a damned thing, likely the most boring times I've experienced. Frankly I miss how exciting things had been. Perhaps one day that may come again, but today is not that day."

Wook exhaled, a show of just how bored he was. "So if you won't mind the company for a little, perhaps I can sit with you before I head out?" There hadn't been anything to get home too and it'd be his luck that something should happen when he left, this way he'd have a few extra moments to spend watching the borders.

In Good Faith

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:45 pm
It didn't go unnoticed by Dam that the distance between the two lessened and she chastised herself silently. She hadn't even known she carried anything for anyone in this pride, shocking enough that it was a lion she barely knew. Blinking rapidly, she realized she'd missed some of what Wook had been saying. ( "..may come again, but today is not that day." ) Feeling a little embarrassed, she attempted to have the slip go unnoticed.

"Sure, feel free." She smiled politely, moving to stretch her back with her hind in the air (facing away from Wook!). She felt a few cracks in her spine and sighed in a good way. "What do you do to keep entertained?" She was curious, still attempting to pick up things here and there as she was still considered new to the pride.

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:50 pm
Even he felt a little more relaxed while watching her stretch, how extremely comfy she appeared. It worked it's magic on him and he felt his jaw tug and jaws open to produce a rather large yawn and soo he was stretching as well, cracks from various parts of his body crackled away and he sighed.

"I didn't realize just how stiff I had become." Wook chuckled softly and stepped aside to invite Dam to join him. "If I'm being entirely honest I find a cat nap here or there never hurts anyone. There's also pacing, dueling and stretches." The napping was a joke, though plenty of guards took advantage of the heat and the way sand becomes just the right temperature of cozy beneath the shade brought on by a tree or two. Even just thinking of it made Wook yawn again.

"Sorry for that, I'm much more tired than I thought I'd be. So did you have an activity in mind?"

He took a seat now, leaving Dam behind him as he gazed out towards the expanse of sand before him.

In Good Faith

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Dam took the opportunity of Wook's back being turned to ogle him. He was attractive, objectively. Almost every bachelor in the pride were built well, strong and talented in one trade or another. Of course Dam wasn't attracted to every passing male, either. She decided why she liked Wook was his humor, she decided. When he and the other lion--she couldn't even recall his name at the moment--were making jokes about one of the corporals.

And, she mentally sighed, it was the eyes. She hadn't met another lion in the pride that had the same hue as hers, except for Wook. Crap--he'd been talking again.

Shaking her head quickly, she tried to catch up. "Activity? Uhm. Well maybe something... active." She'd kept it vague intentionally, then blushed furiously at what she'd said. "Uhm, well I mean nothing too physical. I-I guess, I don't know, sparring?" She smiled awkwardly, trying to cover up her floundering.

She was not being a cool cat today.

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:22 am
Wook felt the hesitation in her step and innocently took it as possibly another stretch or taking her time in the half-asleep state she appeared to show up in.

"Yes, an active activity would likely be a good one." He responded, purple eyes going to the corners of his eyes to look in her direction - they sparkled with amusement. "Nothing to physical .. but you would like to spar?" The red lion held back a laugh that almost boomed and likely would have echoed over the sands.

"Perhaps I should begin by sending your butt back to bed for a quick cat-nap."

Actually a cat-nap, curled up on the sands .. so toasty and welcoming, that sounded like a delightful plan - one which he'd have to put into action when he was free of his post. "Alright, so are you sure about sparring?" He turned, facing her, a brow raised in question - he was concerned for her ability to stand let alone spar, she had only just woken up. "I mean we could probably play a rousing game of 'I Spy' or something instead?"

He ended his suggestion with a smile.

In Good Faith

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:26 pm
"I'm perfectly awake." Her tone was defiant, Dam now standing on all fours with a determined expression in place. "Awake enough to beat you." There was humor in her words, but she put enough of a challenge in her voice to entice the competitive spirit that thrived in almost every firekin member.

Dam grinned, her appearance forgotten with the prospect of something fun and entertaining before her. She circled Wook slow and fluidly, as if 'sizing him up.'

She paused. "Unless you're too tired?" There was laughter in her tone but her smile was still friendly, not mocking. She wouldn't have been surprised had he been too tired from his shift, and decided to retire to his own den. The thought sent disappointment through Dam like ice in her veins. It disappeared as quick as it came, but the shock of it lingered. She was getting real tired of these side effects caused by attraction; disgust with her weakness lingered in her mind.

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:47 pm
Purple eyes lit up at the sudden energy bursting from the female who had, up until that point, appeared too tired to even function. The impressive amount of energy was contagious and he found himself up on all fours and eyes narrowing at the suggestive competition. “My, my – someone has found their spirit.” He mused at her, lips lifting in a playful snarl.

“I’m never too tired for a quick session of sparring.” Of course his limbs argued with him and cracked against his will. A wince crossed his face, but only briefly – if he hadn’t been so enticed he’d have likely paused and reconsidered the session for another time, but of course he’d been taunted and escaping to his den for a nap didn’t appear to be an option any longer.

In Good Faith

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:55 pm
She grinned at his excitement but his wince did not go unnoticed. Suddenly Dam'ahdra felt bad for enticing him to stay. Of course, that didn't mean she could go easy on him, either... her affection for him was warring with her natural inclination to compete (and win). She didn't like that.

"If you're sure you're up for it..." She gave him a side long glance. "Its no victory to win against a beaten down man, you know." She kept her smile to ensure she was not trying to wound his ego.Sparring... dueling... interchangeable terms around this pride she come to realize and he was looking pretty haggard at this point.

Abominable Greenie
If we do decide to spar, do you want to incorporate the dice? First to 3 hits?

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games