Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:36 pm
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:11 am
The truth was that she hadn't sought out her father in quite some time. He had shown many signs of deteriation in the coming months to a point of no return - or so she had thought. Stories and rumors were greeting her ears that a large blue lion was making a drooling fool of himself again, she knew it was him and had even tried to help a couple of times all to no avail. There seemed to be no hope for the lost cause of a parent she had and it was becoming painful, pathetic and even hurt her own amibitions a small amount. So Zjarri had decided to separate herself from the cause, chose to ignore what was being said and going on. There were a few moments where she pass him by and simply didn't even look his way.

Harsh.

Were one of the words used to describe her at a time - that was by Sabia`Deimos. A lioness whom she hadn't had much trust in as of late so the word didn't weigh much on her mind. So she left the whole situation alone.

"Zjarri." A voice called out as she made an appearance at the entrance of her den. The last time she had been able to see him sober as of late were for her recent litter of cubs. So when the voice called out, beckoning her to listen she cringed, didn't turn and didn't acknowledge the shout. Instead she stopped, hoping that perhaps she could get away with pretending to not have heard him. The pause in step did the exact opposite as she heard her father huff his way over to her. Loud breathing didn't last long, but was an obvious sign of being out of shape - a sad sad thing to see in a Reaver, none the less. "Zjarri, I thought I'd miss you again."

Zjarri turned to face him, he was pudgy and a right mess - mane all over and a layer of dust sat upon an unkempt pelt. To her surprise that was it though, no drool fell from a gaping mouth or smell of vomit to cause a wrinkling of her nose - the biggest shock was the lack of alcohol in his presence. This whole scenario seemed so unreal that she didn't realize he was simply staring and waiting on a response or at least a hello.

The response finally did come after she corrected her stare and offered a small, guarded smile in return of his chatter. "Hello." She stated, simple and unapologetic as she didn't feel she needed to apologize for her actions, but she wanted it known that she was open to the idea that he was returning to himself. When that day did come she'd eagerly welcome him back as a regular part of her family and that meant more to her than she realized, especially now that he was a grandfather. "You look well." He offered, not really getting to his point, but he hoped his appearance would begin to spell out a story for her.

"I've changed."

He finally said over a small period of silence, not really feeling comfortable enough in his own skin yet to have a silence for to long. He did try though. Bjorn seated himself and offered for her to join him, a small request that she was prepared to fulfill though she still did so at a small distance away from him. Zjarri wasn't entirely ready to forgive and forget. "Have you, Father?" Her inquiry was met with eyes that dazzled at the idea of being able to have this kind of conversation - if he was to be honest with anyone it'd be to say that he basically owed his life to Dione - with that kind of saving came a sort of infatuation that he wasn't ready to visit yet.

"I have, Zjarri`fol, my daughter - a new Captain and Mother."

The pride in his voice rang through in his words.

"How have you changed, Bjorn?"

When she spoke his name, rather than calling him Father it stung a small amount.

"An interesting individual, by the name of Dione, found me in her path and righted my actions with a few swift lessons."

He cringed at the thought of what happened actually happened. If he listened really closely he'd be able to hear the beating of those foul instruments that she so enjoyed using. Then the run? Well sure it had been a crap go at first, eventually he had even begun to enjoy it - something that admittedly had become part of his routine which is why he wasn't huffing as bad, though it was still present. Nothing would happen over night.

"Dione?"

Boy were the names of those twins coming up quite frequently in the last little bit. Of course Zjarri was familiar with the name. "And why would the High Priestess' apprentice take an interest in your well being?" She looked at him.

"Well, to be fair, I don't know whether she was an apprentice at the time of our meeting. At most she may have just become one. If you ask her for yourself I promise she'd tell you the same story."

Bjorn wasn't above begging, but really didn't want that to be how this all ended. So when Zjarri raised a paw and waved away his concerns he relaxed, but she was still shaking her head. "I'll happily have you back in our lives, in fact I encourage you to see your grandchildren, Dad. If I catch a whiff of excessive alcohol in your life again and I'll throw you to the river myself." The tone went from kind to serious - when had she grown up? Bjorn swiftly nodded though, happy that not all alcohol had been taken away.

Though logically speaking it was expected that a viking would drink at least a small amount. There was plenty to celebrate and typically quite often. It just didn't need to take over his every being - which is what Zjarri meant. She just didn't want to find him draped over a log not knowing his own name or where he was. It wasn't a good look and hurt her to see him in such a dumpy state.

"I'll arrange for you to meet some of your grandchildren soon then."

Zjarri took her leave, leaving Bjorn at the mouth of her den - soon after he left as well.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas