Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:11 am
User ImageUser Image

Deker
Deker took a deep breath. He had spoken to one of his cubs now about the events that had happened around the hide and go seek game and he was confident that the cub would take his message to the rest of the litter. That was one part of the fire out, now he needed to access the damage the whole event had done to his image within the pride. He wasn’t really sure who to talk to first though, should he seek out one of the higher up members like Arcus or Naim or suss out the general population of the pride’s opinion. So as of now he was sort of just wondering around the pride.

Aziza
The blue leopardess had leaped down from her perch, stretched and rolled her aching shoulders. The hide and go seek escapades had made her use muscles she hadn’t used in quite some time, not that she was cheering at their use and was actually in a rather weary mood. Of course this meant she’d come across company – a pelt of purple she’d recognized as only Dekers came into view. The Father of those pesky youth who had caused so much drama within the pride, she wondered what their little adventure had done to the reputation of their lone council member.“Deker.” She greeted almost callously, a small smile formed at the corner of her lips, suggesting she was amused. “How are those cubs of yours? Missing again?” A small laugh mocked the council member as she noticed the look that said he was seeking out what next to do. Dull eyes sought a reaction from her less than desirable companion.

Deker
Deker was a little surprised when the female jumped down into his path. He recognized immediately as one of the leopardesses that had been out helping search for his cubs. A susspision that was immediately confirmed by the fact that she brought up his litter. He stifled a sigh as he realized this was likely not going to be a plesent conversation for him. “They have been spoken to and are staying in line now.” Deker answered calmly. He didn’t like speaking ill of his children but he knew trying to defend them at this oint wouldn’t exactly work either. “I have to thank you for you assistance. I am sure it wasn’t hopw you planned on spending your day.”

Aziza
The look of surprise that followed her sudden appearance was laughable, but no shock – she had prided herself on being sneaky when necessary. “Ah, good.” She gave a curt nod to response, surely that should have been done prior to the cubs taking off? Another conversation for another day.“I’m sure it wasn’t how you had planned our day either.” The leopardess pointed out, the manner of her tone was meant to support her statement of the obvious. “We certainly can’t have members seeing you in that state – primarily with you being in the sole role.” Aziza scoffed at the thought that others would perhaps see weakness in the loss of his cubs, anything could really have happened. Had there been other entities in the woods that day they’d have certainly been chow. “For the sake of your reputation as the current and only council member you ought to keep a cub sitter about the little trouble makers at all times.”That last bit was offered as advice, welcome or not. Whether her tones were read as harsh or unnecessary it was clear her love of the pride came first and no matter the leopard she spoke to she’d see to it that they upheld the same standards.

Deker
Deker bowed his head. It wasn’t easy to hear but he wasn’t going to argue or fight with the leopardess even if her words weren’t exactly what he wanted to hear. The opinion of his pride members was important for him to hear. It helped him keep his paw on the pulse of the pride. “Ah yes well I learned from my mistakes, as we all must. A cub sitter has been tasked to the litter and they are to remain in the center of the colony.” “Tell me what are your other opinions of things happening in the colony?” He could tell this leopardess would give him her unbridled opinion and he was interested in knowing what else she thought and felt.

Aziza
Now the leopard was asking for trouble – Aziza, as a Law Speaker in the pride, had heard mumblings about the state of the prides council. Why call it such a thing if the “council” which often meant many voices only spoke with one? Or perhaps that was only her singular opinion, she hadn’t expected an audience so soon with the councilmen or she would have prepared with selective conversations.“The Council needs to be revisited and soon I’d imagine.” The leopardess almost appeared to hesitate, but decidedly steadied herself mentally to continue. “Why have something meant to carry more than one opinion if we shall only have one leader? I mean no disrespect, but the chance at making a correct decision on matters of vital importance is better weighed by different minds.” Her opinion was stated plain as day. It was clear in the way her paws shuffled that she felt a touch uncomfortable, but it wasn’t because she was stating facts, but rather it was who she stated them to. Her mind rolled back to the youth allowed to run rampant briefly. “Those growing up in this environment won’t recognize a well-structured society and thus may be come rebellious to our ways down the road. Though it’s also true they may find themselves seated in your very position. One day as well.” The council was her primary concern, only second to the attack many moons ago, what would the pride have done had the cubs truly not returned? Aziza knew she’d either never have cubs or if she did they’d be always within her sight or a very trusted leopards sight. The risks were too great. But for now she chose to tackle one problem, the one that could actually be resolved fairly quickly, in her own opinion.

Deker
Deker bowed his head many of Aziza’s words rang true, and he knew that as a law speaker she knew what she was speaking of. “I suppose you are right.” he told her, “It has always been my intention to get the counsil back set up, do you think the colony is ready for it?” he asked her. He needed to know what others thought of the place they called home. Aziza had been born just before the attack and he honestly wasn’t sure how much she would have remembered. “Do you think others of the colony share your opinion?” he asked. She was able to speak freely on what she thought but he wondered how much she knew of what others thought and felt.

Aziza
Recalling when the pride seemed to crumble just that small amount - when the council members stepped down to allow Deker to lead. Her small mind at the time, just a cub, hadn't been able to grasp the entire situation as she recalled spending most of it hushed by her Mother and looked upon by her Father - the Captain. It wasn't long after that meeting that she had been giving some basic training, which had been her Mothers request, but she didn't desire to fight, but rather follow a more scholarly path. This is how she got to where she was today."My opinions are that although when the council chose to step down and leave you in their wake they made a short term choice. I do not believe it was intended to be a long term decision and so in that context we are weakening to potential of pride members who may be fit to help serve on the council itself. " Everyone was busy, that included the leopard before her, a Father anew who had discovered just what a challenge young ones could be. "It is possible that others share my opinion, I haven't had a moment to discuss with them about just that, but I'd be happy to find some input - is that what you'd like?" She offered herself to Deker as a tool.A thought did occur to Aziza that perhaps this conversation could create some change, change would mean good things in her mind. Strength, a stronger unity of the pride with new members to sit upon the council next to their senior, Deker. The guidance they could provide as a whole would be incredible. For the moment she let pride fill her.

nessiaing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:19 pm
It didn't take Deker long to think about what the female leopardess was asking. He had been considering going about and conduction the survey himself, or even calling a colony meeting but having the young female offer to do it for him meant that not only did that mean she would be doing all the leg work but also that there was a good chance that members of the colony would be more honest with her then they ever would be with him.

"I think I just might take you up on that offer." he told her with a smile. "How long do you think you will need to conduct the survey?" he asked her. Curious now to learn all that he could. Perhaps this would be a great way to learn where the colony stood.

Ctr F Greenie

nessiaing

[IC] Elimisha'sombea Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces