Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:55 am
"We'd have better luck with our Watchers or Scouts looking for worthy allies," Agni-pariksha said. She completely agreed with Tapana that sending birds to look for huria would take a long, long time to offer any useful information, if it ever did. That part of the conversation, however, fell right out of her focus as quickly as it had entered as Tapana still stubbornly refused to put any faith in the lions of their pride.

"If there were no lions like Andhaka out there in the rogue lands, then he and the other males there would be living a much more carefree life," she answered gruffly, "If there were no worthy rogues, we'd never have challengers."

Scandal.

That was exactly the word for this, though she hadn't yet thought of it.

Before Agni-pariksha could try to get out more angry, passionate words about this whole situation, Nawvlee finally spoke up.

"We don't do anything," he suggested, answering Tapana's question about how to handle the scandal, "Change does happen whether we want it to or not.. but it doesn't happen overnight."

Unfortunately for the regents, they were both right (and both wrong). Agni-pariksha was acting like this was the most obvious decision in the world, the next step in keeping the pride strong.. and Tapana was acting like it was utterly impossible, and foolish to even consider. But it was done, now. And hiding it wasn't going to work if the one hard-headed dark regent was determined to make this a social movement.

"Agree to disagree for now, and see what happens."

This was going to cause some outrage. How much exactly was hard to predict. Based on the mixed results within the council, it wouldn't be as bad as Tapana seemed to think.. and he hoped Agni was ready to face an entire pride with that same confidence in what she had done.

"Unless I'm wrong, we're evenly split on this," he said, looking around the council and tallying the opinions. Agni-pariksha, as the instigator of this particular .. problem.. didn't count. Tapana and Ukame were against, Na-atesh and Psyche were for.. and he was the only moderate.

"I'd like to see what happens."

Nawvlee jumping into the conversation with a frustratingly neutral opinion silenced Agni for a moment. She .. appreciated that he was kind of on her side.. but she wasn't exactly happy with his suggestion either. She'd almost have to campaign if she wanted to make sure nobody tried to accuse her of thinking she was above the rules when .. that was really only part of it. A way to get started on her crusade for breeding rights.

She looked at Tapana to see how she reacted to his suggestion.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:20 am
Tapana stood firm, her teeth locked as she tried to come down from her frustration and anger and disbelief. This meeting had turned into a whirlwind that had swept her away and even after the initial shock - like a slap in the face - she was still reeling.

Panicking, even.

"Well, yes, we'll see soon enough what happens." An outcry. A terrible backlash. The suspected assassination attempts. Tapana dreaded to think what was coming their way and as time passed it would become clear that the regents were not united in this. That they were divided. She was not about to raise a rebellion for a litter of cubs, but there would be questions. And danger.

She'd organise a guard for Agni-pariksha's den once this scandal was out in the open. At least, then, she could rest easier knowing that someone wasn't going to take out her counterpart or her halfblood offspring.

"I didn't become regent to fail at this early stage. We'll find an answer but I doubt it will make everyone happy. I'll ask though. What is more important? A united pride or fatherless cubs running around to make breeding easier for our children?" To her, it felt like it would only complicate things. Unknown fathers with unknown parents and grandparents... "we could fall apart again. See brother fighting brother. I do not want to live or rule through that."

Ecavi

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:34 pm
Agni-pariksha watched Tapana respond, unmoving as she offered a very dark, grim look at the future this would bring to the pride. Her tail lashed angrily behind her but she contained herself well enough.

"This won't be your failure," she said.

Or your success.

"If it gets to that point, rule against me," she said firmly, looking from Tapana around to all of the council members, "I accept full responsibility for the risk I am taking, whether we make the change I seek or this leads to my demotion, expulsion or execution."

She doubted it would end with her death, it would only feed into the tension she created that made it necessary. With the council split, there was hope it would be an even fight. Compromise was an acceptable outcome. Nawvlee was right, change didn't happen overnight.

"We've been at war for years now, that is the life of the Firekin," she went on, her voice calm but fierce, "But it's been a long time since we were at war with each other. We haven't seen much resistance to the naming and huria changes, we can handle something like this."

Nawvlee watched silently, weighing Tapana's concerns against Agni-pariksha's beliefs and willingness to accept the consequences of her actions. He wasn't sure either lioness was right in this situation, and that's what the council was for.

He was tempted to move for a council meeting sans Regents but the council was no more likely to produce an easy answer yet. It was too soon. So this was all he could see them doing now.

"This is a good place to end for today," he said, "Both of you go cool down and we'll meet again tomorrow to decide exactly how to get this information out."

Kimaria

(( Yes this is my ending for this RP xD Anybody else can wrap up their characters as desired~ Woo controversy! ))  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:36 pm
Letting out a quiet sigh, Na-atesh watched the two lionesses. His gaze shifted to Nawvlee, nodding. "We should all take the time to process this, and consider how to proceed. I have my own concern, but I think I'll save it for tomorrow. Perhaps I'll get ideas related to it while I lay down to sleep." He looked to Agni-pariksha, giving her a slight bow. It was a tough decision to make, to seek a male outside the pride to sire cubs, but it was also a brave and well-thought one. He respected it, and realized, as he padded away, that he'd have to rethink how he perceived her.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:28 am
Rule against me.

But Tapana didn't want to do that. Not now. Not in a few weeks time. Not ever. Sure, they would have their ups and downs but, on the whole, she had enjoyed their partnership. Still, enough words had been said this day and the anger had left her feeling utterly exhausted as the adrenaline began to seep away.

No doubt the regent would corner her counterpart for another conversation - and soon, seeing as how time was quickly running out. Those cubs would soon be born and then everything would change.

Without a word, she turned and left.

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces