Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:42 am
User Image

Agni was grinning after the very entertaining show put on my the lions she paired up. It hadn't been a traditional duel but she didn't doubt they would prove themselves in the days to come. It was then that she turned to Kaa, almost having forgotten he was there waiting to chat.

"No worries, go ahead," she said. Manners were rarer than they ought to be, even she was lacking in that department.. but she appreciated it. She couldn't help but grin at him when he said many words that boiled down to not wanting to be in the army.

"You'll be trained to fight but there are lots of options outside the army for day-to-day work," she answered thoughtfully, "Of course we have hunters, if you'd like to keep doing that. The desert will provide unique challenges in that area. There are also water-seekers, if you're good with tracking without getting lost. If you have think you have valuable insight to offer, you could become a teacher and help the youngsters appreciate army, civilian and even outside life. Being new blood isn't a problem, the teachers help our huria- the cubs who can't stay in the pride due to coloration or nature- prepare for life outside the desert."

Agni took a breath. It was a lot of things to run down.

"There are also medics, if you're good with herbs and know how to help the wounded. There are always a lot of them around here," she said, "Cub-sitters mind the cubs, of course.. and that leaves.. wardens. They do a variety of work for the Magistrates, helping keep track of all the things going on in a busy place like this."

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:07 pm

At Winde's professment of her fighting skills, Bashise chuckled, "I JUST made it by." She shifted, taking a seat. "And then in a stupid move, I tripped on a rock AFTER might fight. Shouldn't do much more than bruise, though. But it's just as well, my big aspiration is being a huntress in the pride. Can never have too many of them!" She then motioned to the darker lioness, "What's your name, by the way? Mine's Bashise!"

From where he was listening to the discussion, Galahad spied an approaching lion. Black coat, with darker black markings, and a red mane - He very much looked like he fit in with the rest of the pride. But the way his ear swiveled at the description Citlali had given caught his attention. What, he wondered, was this lion's connection? Did he know, perhaps, Citlali's family?

"Oh..." Citlali was thoughtful for a moment, then asked, "Did you ever see a dust-brown lioness, with a darker brown streak going from nose to tail? If she had cubs, at least one would probably be kind of... Blue-ish?" It wasn't easy to describe her family - Citlali was painfully aware of how common their looks actually WERE. Her wing markings, while distinguishable in a crowd, had come from her father's side, not her mother's. "Or maybe her mate... White lion, stone-gray mane, orange eyes... Actually, that's... The entirety of his description."

For a moment, his ears folded back. What name was he going to go by, here? Coming into a new pride, he wasn't necissarily the same lion that had returned to the swamps - The move to the mountain and the subsequent departure from it had changed who he understood himself to be. Finally, his ears moved back foreward, "Kahu'nui. But once, I went by Sustinet'mundi, and before that Atlas." He then looked over to the wing-marked lioness talking to the cloud-marked lion. "And I know of the lions you speak of, ma'am! One of them is my grandfather! I came here because my brother came here when I needed to find a new home." Oh the surprise Moshi would have!

OOC:
Quick edit to swap Bashise's and Citlali's blurbs around because I managed to swap their colors in this post oops

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

oo DeD

Puhterodactyl

Lightning Shadow X

Chi Sohma

Mysses Greenie

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:15 pm
User Image

His brow raised. A dust-brown lioness? Hati looked thoughtful for a moment, then looked to the lioness with an apologetic smile. "I'm afraid I can't really remember anyone of that description. Though it's been a long while and I have an atrocious memory... So perhaps I've met someone of that description." The white and red lion shook out his mane a touch. His lead lilted to one side ever so slightly as he continued to inquire, pink eyes bright and curious. "Did you know someone there?"

Andranis

User Image

Tazka's nose wrinkled. The amount of conversation happening around her was starting to get on her nerves, and though she was still somewhat thirsty she had just about enough of the spring. Muscles were tense as the lioness stood, glancing around the area before moving away. Her motions were quick but smooth, doing her best to move without catching the attention of the lion that had accompanied her there. She was feeling irritable. Luckily for her, this pride seemed just the place to find some rough-housing to get her mind off of it...

(Tazka Exits. This should be 5 posts for the both of them!)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:45 pm
User Image

Kaa listened intently to the description of the ranks that was given to him, considering each option as it was offered. Hunting was important, he knew. But hunting for himself during his pilgrimage had been boring enough, and what little time he'd spent as a hunter had been positively mind numbing. He couldn't imagine it being much different here. Being a water-seeker sounded interesting - and he imagined his pilgrimage could help him in that aspect. He had a good sense of direction after so much traveling, so that might be a good fit if nothing else caught his interest. Teaching was... Okay, he supposed. But he wasn't confident about his ability to be patient with cubs that weren't his. He was crap with herbs, and working directly with the Magistrates seemed intimidating.

And as he thought over the options presented to himself, he couldn't help but nod as he made his decision. "Thank you, miss. I think I know what rank I'd like to take up now."

User Image

"If you'd like, I could train you. Nothing inspires confidence quite like knowing you can handle yourself if someone tries to start trouble with you." It was an offer Winde might not have made to anyone else, but she rather liked the attitude of this lioness, even if she had more white than Winde thought was proper. But a different pride meant different standards - and it would be unfair to hold the members of the Motoujamii to the standards she'd been raised with. They had their own traditions, and she'd joined because she admired their strength. She'd just have to adjust to the fact there were no Na'artu or Na'artue, and that pale coats weren't necessarily seen unfavorably.

The question about her name caught her off guard, and she offered her best apologetic smile. "Oh dear, where are my manners? My name is Windeleer, but if you find that too much of a mouthful you can simply call me Winde. It's a pleasure to meet you, Bashise."

Ecavi
Andranis

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:52 pm

User Image Majivu seemed to have been noticed by Citlali. She was a little bit shy, but offered a small smile. Then, as if to fill in any gaps from Hati's story, she piped up, "The fire dispersed a lot of members, not everyone found the new mountain territory. It was the avalanche that ended the Jini-Msemi. Most survived, but many were never located. Whether they didn't make it or got lost trying to reconnect is probably unknowable at this point..." Majivu had found most of her family after the fire, but post-avalanche and pre-desert, she had been alone.
Andranis

oo DeD

--------------------------------------

User Image Msafiri sought to expand her circle of acquaintances (whom she hoped would turn into close relationships and friends). The white and pink-orange lioness' golden-yellow eyes lit up when she saw another mostly white lioness who had newly arrived at the spring, too. She did not seem to be talking to anyone at the moment, so this was Msafiri's best chance to start a conversation. Though she was not the most perceptively gifted lionesses in taking a hint from another's body language, she had enough experience to know that shouldering her way into an ongoing conversation and trying to talk to everyone usually was not well received.

Her tail swished back and forth as she went to make a new friend.

User Image Pamoja had not been expecting someone to bound up to her as soon as she had reached the spring, but Msafiri seemed very eager to talk about... whatever. Pamoja was crouched over, taking in water, while the other lioness waited patiently. She seemed... Interesting. Or at least interested. She stood up and wiped her mouth with her paw.

"...Hi..."
---------v-Msafiri-v---------

Msafiri smiled at the lioness eagerly. Hopefully she was not coming on too strong or strange (she was).

"My name is Msafiri. It is very nice to meet you. Are you a current pride member here or are you joining too? I just got here. I think I would like to be a water-seeker. What rank are you? Or would you like to be? Sorry for talking so much, it has just been a long and difficult journey and I am just SO relieved that we finally made it!!"

Her ears were pricked forward but she was growing increasingly apprehensive while she waited for the lioness' response.

---------v-Pamoja'nami-v---------

She was a little taken aback by the stranger's enthusiasm, but Pamoja returned the smile with one of her own, if not a little forced. She too had been wondering if this lioness was an existing pride member or in the process of joining like so many of the others lions appeared to be. She wondered what the special occasion was. Was there a special occasion? She tilted her head and tried to remember all of the lioness' questions so she could answer them.

"My name is Pamoja'nami... I just got here from the Pridelands where I was born. There I was a hunter, here I think I would like to be a medic. I feel like I will be able to make a bigger difference as a medic. In the Pridelands almost everyone is a hunter and there are hundreds and hundreds of us. It is pretty easy to feel like you lose your personal identity, but..." she shrugged.

"Were you in a pride before this?" She was not sure of how much of her interest was genuine or to be polite, but the lioness knew she needed to form at least a few connections in her new pride to feel the sense of belonging and personal importance that she had been seeking. She tried smiling again.

---------v-Msafiri-v---------

Msafiri's grin only grew wider. She was used to being dismissed and blown off, and though she managed to not take it too personally or get down about it, it seemed to happen more often than not if she started thinking about individual occasions.

"You are the first lioness I have ever met from the Pridelands! I was a rogue before coming here," she nodded.

"I thought I could have more adventure on my own, but lions need a pride, you know?" She titled her head and smiled at Pamoja. Her first Firekin friend?

---------v-Pamoja'nami-v---------

Pamoja mused on the differences that had brought the two of them here in order to join the Motou'jamii pride. The wanderer Msafiri wanted the security and relationships that came along with being a part of a pride. Pamoja wanted to feel like a more unique and individual lioness. It was funny, she thought, that a single pride could offer such different things to different lions. Maybe that was part of the appeal of the Firekin. It could be whatever you needed it to be. She sat back on her haunches and relaxed while she reflected on this, with Msafiri sitting next to her. Her purple eyes scanned the dunes to get to know every grain of sand in her new home. Her golden tail swished in the sand, too, the colors almost matching. She had not been born here, but the lioness suspected that this was where she was meant to be.

The pair of white lionesses watched the other coming-and-goings as more lions approached the spring or passed through wordlessly. She tried to memorize each and every face, every walk. Pamoja knew that the Firekin was a large pride, too, but something made it distinctly different.

She flashed a smile to Msafiri while they sat there, occasionally exchanging questions and answers. Their eyes were bright and interested in the other conversations, too, but for the time being they were both content to watch. Pamoja knew that their training would begin soon enough to be medics and water-seekers. But until then, she felt it was important to take advantage of this free time.

User Image Juba left her traveling companions at the spring and made her way to the sparring grounds, where she would undoubtedly be receiving training in the future if she was to become a guard as she hoped. The black and red lioness made her way slowly, using the time to really study the landscape of the pride's lands. It was similar to the rogue lands that surrounded it, but in some places subtly different. In others it was nearly unrecognizable. Juba figured that it was probably to be expected from a land that hosted a large and formidable pride of lions. She wondered, passingly, what about this land was it that allowed the Firekin to grow to such reputable and intimidating large sizes? She wondered, too, if that was something she would learn from living among them as one of them. If she had cubs by another joined rogue, would they look at all like the lions of the foundational Firekin lineage? Or would they still be distinctly smaller and so on? For every one thing that the lioness knew about the Motou'jamii, there were a dozen unanswered questions. And she was not about to go around picking everyone's brains like Msafiri was wont to do. That did not mean it was a fundamentally poor method of learning, but it certainly was not the quieter Juba's style.

She reached the sparring grounds and paused to take it all in. She had been in the pride lands for well under a day, but the lioness already felt a sense of pride in her new home and its members. She would inherit and perpetuate the legacy that had made this desert pride so remarkable. Suddenly, she realized that she had been smiling broadly. Her grin shrank, but was still present as she further entered the sparring grounds. The lioness could not wait to begin her training.

Note:
Majivu has reached 520 words!!
Msafiri has reached 503 words!!
Pamoja has reached 542 words!!
Juba has reached 504 words!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:07 pm

Thinking on it, Bashise nodded, finding logic in what the other lioness was saying. "That makes sense, yes. Thank you! After we've all settled in, I'll take you up on that offer!" She smiled, then rose up, giving a bow of her head to Windeleer, "It's been a pleasure to meet and talk to you, Windeleer!" The bright-red lioness gave a sheepish smile, "I'm afraid my curiosity of the area's starting to take over, I didn't properly explore before now, so I look foreward to seeing you again on the walk back to the sands!"

Galahad's attention was drawn to the double-black and red lion, eyebrows rising up. He'd known Citlali's family? Or, more specifically, he was of some distant quasi-relation to Citlali. His gaze returned to Citlali, waiting for her reaction. And then the lioness with the blood-red tail tip and ash-gray forelegs spoke up.

"Why, yes! My aunt joined the Jini'msemi!" She glanced up at Abelie, pondering sending her bird companion off to find out what was going on with her family. She started to turn to the lion that professed relation to her uncle, but then turned suddenly to the lioness who'd spoken up about a fire, eyes wide. "Fire? Nobody was... KILLED, were they?"

For the first time, Kahu notices Mujivu. Now THERE was a face he recognized! He couldn't remember personally talking to her before, but he at least knew who she was. Even in a pride the size of the Jini'msemi, it was hard to NOT know who everybody was. "I don't recall if anybody died, it but it happened not long after I got back from my own name quest. A number were injured, though, and when the rockslide happened, many went to new prides. My grandfather and step-grandmother went to the Bahari'mtoto, along with several others, some went to the Ela'wadiyi, others to the Pridelands..." He smiled slightly, "Some of us came here..." He didn't know how many had gone on to just become rogues, especially those that had joined the pride seeking solace. Kahu'nui was one of the few that had left with some direction of where they wanted to go.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

oo DeD

Puhterodactyl

OOC: And that's mine all to 5 posts and at least 500 words! But will keep replying so long as others need it heart  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:45 pm

User Image "Kowa, is the n'am lass." He looked at the hoard growing within them. "M'guess is- many strengths here. Maybe a seeker is what'cha need." He heavily nodded about this, reassuring himself a position in his head, although he would probably come to change it when the time came to speak up about ranks. If only the heads were here just a bit longer, he'd ask what they needed most. Soliders- and hunters? Most were here right beside him, yet none spoke about retrieving the most vital thing to them.

He commended them on having lived here, without vast bodies of ocean beside them. Shaking his head.

"It was nice meeting you all- but I have a date with sum' training! If you see me about' lass- anyone really - don't forget to say a'hoy! Uh- hello." If they could see below his dark black cheeks, they would've been as red as his mane.

Quote:
That's his 619 words, can still quote for interaction though! if anyone wants to stop him or train with him in the sparring grounds, let me know!

Mysses Greenie

Lightning Shadow X

Andranis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:03 pm
User Image

Winde was pleased to hear Bashise agree to her offer, and already she was considering possible training regimens for the other lioness. She would have to enlist others to help her - it wouldn't do for Bashise to learn to fight against just one type of opponent, after all. It was important that she learn how to handle herself in almost any situation, against any opponent, no matter the difference in size or skill. Of course, training the other lioness would have to be an activity she took up in her free time, but it was worth it if it strengthened the pride. And maybe she could teach her about her own home. It was never too early to plant suggestions for places to send huria children.

She was so caught up in her thoughts of planning, she almost missed when Bashise spoke again, and offered her an easy smile as soon as she realized what had been said. "That's fine. I certainly can't blame you for being curious about our new home. We can meet up again later - I'm sure I'll be quite easy to spot in this sea of red." Winde flashed an easy smile as the other lioness departed, taking her chance to leave to find a shady spot for herself as well. Or at least as shady as a spot could get in the desert.

Quote:
Winde has reached 5 posts!

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:28 am
[OOC: Sorry for the delay in closing this. My Friday and the weekend are going to be horrendous. Because of this I will leave this thread open until Sunday evening and will count up and approve everyone who has a full rp.

No new RPers can join this thread, but current RPs can be concluded/wrapped up until Sunday 18th [approximate time of 9pm GMT (PST+9) ]

I will try and quote those who have not yet met their RP requirement later on today as a reminder. ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:41 am
User Image

Seeing everyone slowly disperse to their own business and having a fleeting introduction to their names, the dark lioness flicked her ear and scanned over the golden sands for a moment or two. A few more months alone wouldn't do her well and she needed somewhere to sleep...besides...she missed the socialization. Talk between others. Hunting together in a group of fellow lionesses instead of alone with a larger margin for error.
With that decided she nodded to herself and gave another glance to Wook with a small, friendly smile.

"Well, it'll be interesting to see the Firekin hunt in person hm?" She commented before standing herself up with a polite bob of her head and making her way further into the pridal grounds. Curious to say the least about this place that could possibly be her new home.

Chi Sohma

Mysses Greenie

Andranis

Five Posts Finished <3
Final Word Count: 1,007 words 5,563 characters  

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:09 pm
The pair of females who had apologised for interrupting a conversation had found their way to the edge of the arena and sat together side by side. The pair of them were unmistakably related. Their colours were not the only thing that linked them. The look on their faces; calculating and attentive. Their posture. Their build. They could have been twins if one of them hadn't looked younger than the other.

"That will be us soon," Chisisi murmurerd softly, pointing out one of the Firekin who had taken to the combat zone. He was big and strong with the appearance of one who knew of nothing but battle. "Do you think we will truly find a home here amongst these people?"

"Too soon to tell," her mother quipped, "see how they move. Big. Brutes. Too clumsy for their own good. Note the balance of their weight. If he leaned a little further into his right leg he'd have a much stronger pounce. Perhaps we can give them some advice and--"

"Mother, breathe." Chisisi laughed, "besides, I hardly think that a soldier like him would listen to huntresses like us."

"Why not?" The older female looked as if she'd been bitten on the face, "tackling an ox is much like tackling one of those hapless brutes."

Chisisi laughed again, leaning in to rest her head on her dear mother's shoulder, "because men will always be men, no matter where they come from."

Juba gave a soft grunt and together they watched the Firekin male defeat his opponent - albeit not by much margin.

The sun was beginning to take a downward turn, thrusting their shadows out behind them like cloaks. And with the lack of a sun on their heads came the chill of evening. Around them, successful candidates had already begun to gather themselves for rest in preparation for the journey across the hot sands the following day.

"Any last candidates must step forward now," a voice boomed. Another large male stepped forward onto the sands, followed by a younger male who looked far friendlier. "Those who choose not to fight today will remain here at the outpost until they have honed their skills in combat. Those who have succeeded will join us on the journey shortly before dawn."

"Shall we go, then?" Chisisi asked her mother, gathering her paws beneath her and taking a step forwards. "Perhaps they will even let us duel together."

"Give those ones pointers," Juba insisted, directing her snout towards a particular Firekin.

Chisisi shook her head, smiling merrily. "You are a stubborn creature."

"As are you when you wish to be."

Chisisi, with a flourish, stepped out across the arena, waving down the lion who had given the warning. "My mother and I wish to join you."

The male, Azar'bijan, gave a low growl and a nod, directing her towards the younger Firekin at his side. "You should be better paired to my son."

"How rude!" Juba snapped.

Azar narrowed his eyes, then looked to his son with a nod. "Have fun with these two. I'm going back to the guard post."

Heti, with a wavering smile, gave his father a nod and moved towards the pair of huntresses. "Looks like you two will be the last for the day. Good luck to you both."

And indeed they would.

The sun continued its downward descent until the sky turned to ink and the stars glittered above them. And, after a long day filled with the sounds of battle, the outpost fell quiet...well, mostly.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:18 pm
Thank you to all who joined for this mass-joining event and made it a huge success. All those characters with 5+ posts have been added to the approval list at the front of this RP. That post can be used as proof of membership for your cert.

The current characters have not yet been added:
- Kaa La Moto [Kitsune Mistress Nyoko]
- Majivu [Puhterodactyl]
- Juba [Puhterodactyl]
- Msafiri [Puhterodactyl]
- Pamoja [Puhterodactyl]
- Juba [Kimaria]
- Chisisi [Kimaria]

This is because I'll need to do a word count on their RPs before they can be added. Apologies for the wait but I will get this done asap for you all.

Kim~

Motoujamii Lands

Motoujamii Lands

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:03 am
All added. Congrats and welcome to everyone who participated!  
[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff