Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[CHAL] Shadow's Attempt

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Kimaria rolled 5 4-sided dice: 2, 3, 2, 1, 1 Total: 9 (5-20)

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:30 am
Xochipepe had moved out to the sidelines, hunkered down on the rocks to get a good view of the challenge about to play out before her. Having been successful, it was now time to see if Zili could follow suit.

And if not?

Hm, she supposed she'd dither on the borders until he did. She didn't want to enter alone and leave him in case he decided to flee instead of face his fears.

Zili, with a swish of his tail, spread his stance a little wider and cleared his throat.

SilverLutz rolled 5 4-sided dice: 2, 4, 3, 1, 1 Total: 11 (5-20)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:34 am
User Image Vidar turned from the newly made Stormborn to the dark male. Once again, he was much smaller than his opponent but that didn't seem to bother him in the least.

"I've learned Xochipepe's name and I'd like to know yours as well before we begin," he said, tilting his head just a bit. "I am Vidar, in case you missed it the first time," he added with a wink. "I know my dazzling personality sometimes outshines my voice."

He sized up the other male as he spoke, taking into account the fact that he wasn't nearly as excited nor confident as his companion had been. Hopefully he'd stand up to the test and not just keel over and admit defeat.  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:47 am
"I am Zili." A far less elegant name than the fighter before him, but it suited him well enough. If he could win here, today, then perhaps he could show her that he could be more than just a friend. Perhaps...no, no, he was getting ahead of himself.

Heart thumping, he dithered a moment, unsure on etiquette and whether he should make the first move.

Far less fearless than Xochipepe, he made a feint, testing how quick Vidar was and trying to evaluate whether he even stood a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:50 am
"Zili," Vidar echoed. A very simple name, but he supposed it suited the tall, lanky lion. He gave a nod to let him know he could go first, but the attack that came was a little lackluster. Vidar had no trouble darting to the side and reaching in to whack the male on his rump.

"Come on now, I won't hurt you," he said as he stopped behind the other male. "My claws don't come out unless yours do." As had been the case with the female, her teeth had called out his claws. He always let the challenger set the pace of the intensity of the battle, never the other way around. It was a good way to measure their drive and personality as well.  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:54 am
His body jolted away from the paw as it made contact, answering the question he had sought to know. The lion was quick and this would be tricky. Still, it was only just beginning and he couldn't fail now. With a huff, he turned to face Vidar again and frowned across at him, unsure whether he was being serious or not.

Still, just in case he was, he'd keep his claws sheathed.

When he made his second lunge, this time he meant it, pushing forwards on his hind legs, with forepaws outstretched, intending a tackle rather than a swipe.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:57 am
Good, Vidar thought as Zili turned to attack. He wasn't just a pushover. There was hope for this one yet! The full-frontal attack was a bit intimidating, even Vidar had to admit. Seeing a dark lion the size of Zili pounce was terrifying. Rather than dodging again, Vidar reared up on his hind legs to meet the male. They clashed, Zili's greater weight helping to push Vidar back and down to the ground.

"That's more like it!" he said with a delighted roar as he began twisting and squirming to get out from under the bigger male, paws flashing like lightning, raining hits on his shoulders and muzzle. "Come on now, keep it up!"  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:01 am
Xochipepe had to admit that he was far better to watch a fight than to be in one yourself (well, mostly). It was good to see how the pair of them moved and what they did well and what they did wrong. Zili had the advantage of size, but Vidar clearly had experience on his side. He moved with far more confidence, too, though she could tell that Zili was trying his hardest.

Her heart swelled with joy and she wanted to cheer him on, though held back the urge just in time. Cheering might be against the rules and he had waited patiently during her turn.

Zili, gritting his teeth, tried to match Vidar as they clashed but it was no easy thing to keep a fully-grown lion pinned to the ground. At the Stormborn's urging, it took only one more strike to his face to send him off-balance, his legs falling out from under him as he fell to the side, hitting the ground hard. The breath whooshed from his lungs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:06 am
Vidar took his chance when Zili toppled over. He darted to his feet and turned, pressing his paws heavily against the larger lion. Although Zili had managed to pin him, he had never gotten close to dealing a death blow. Vidar didn't take his time, instead leaning down, his maw opening to bite down on Zili's throat. He paused just inches from doing so, though, and drew back completely from the dark lion.

"Well..." He was quiet for a bit, sitting on his haunches as he looked over the dark lion. "I think you have potential. Zili. You're big, you're strong, you got that whole 'tall, dark, and handsome' thing going for you. But you lack confidence and conviction."  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:22 am
Xochipepe was holding her breath as the battle seemed to be drawing to a quick conclusion. Zili had started well but his balance was lost and as Vidar gained his ground again, she felt her heart sink.

Zili, lying on the ground, did nothing but shut his eyes and wait, certain that Vidar would finish him. He was thus surprised when the lion only mimicked a finishing move and then ended the challenge.

The words the other lion spoke were true and there was nothing he could do to say otherwise. With a silent nod, he pulled himself back up to his paws and shook the dust off of his fur. "I shall try harder next time." He tried to keep the disappointment from his voice but it was there all the same.

"Hey," Xochipepe was there at his side, "don't worry. I won't go without you."

He gave her a faint smile. "My thanks,"

"Would that be ok?" Xochipepe asked, "if I wait for Zili to win his challenge before I enter the pride?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:46 am
"Nothin' wrong with losing," Vidar said with a shake of his head. "Everyone does at some point. Just gives you a pointer in the direction you need to go in to get better." He offered the two a smile before focusing on Xochipepe, humming thoughtfully at her question.

"If he challenges someone new they might give you some grief," he said after a moment. "I could always come back at a later time to let you challenge me again," he added, nodding to Zili. "Or you could have whoever you challenge find me if they don't believe you and I can vouch for you."  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:26 am
Zili gave a short nod, his jaw tight as he tried to hide his disappointment and concern that if he hadn't won today when his blood had been up, be might never win.

As Vidar explained that Xochipepe might meet with trouble if she didn't head into the pride now, he took a step forward, shaking his head, "if she stays here, it could complicate matters. Go with him now. I'll come find you when I win my challenge."

Xochipepe shook her head, setting her brow into a heavy frown, "no, I promised you I wouldn't leave."

"You're not leaving."

"But--"

"I might do better without the audience," Zili offered, wishing that she wouldn't leave him even as he told her to do just that. "Go with him. Please? I won't go back out into rogue lands."

"I don't know..."

The two looked at one another for a long time and, then, after a small, shaky inhale, Xochipepe lowered her eyes and nodded, "if that's what you want."

"I do."

He took a step back then and nodded, "I'll see you shortly, alright?" And that was it. For the time-being, at least, the pair of them would go their seperate ways.

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games