Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[CHAL] A jest between friends (Yu/Bousvor)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Andranis rolled 5 4-sided dice: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 Total: 15 (5-20)

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:36 am
User Image The time had come again for the Breytast vindar, and this time, Yu felt ready to challenge somebody. The last time one had happened, when Ru had become Warlord, he hadn't felt himself quite ready yet. Now that he had grown children, and with an ever-growing number of Reavers, he decided... It was time.

"Bousvor, my friend! I seek to challenge you so that we may be Captains together!" Who better, in his mind, to challenge than one of the few lions he'd befriended? If they ever lead war bands together, they'd have a force that was unstoppable in a few situations. "Do you accept my challenge?"

magnadearel rolled 5 4-sided dice: 3, 2, 2, 1, 1 Total: 9 (5-20)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:23 am
Andranis
How did he manage to roll all 3s? XD I was so hoping you'd pick Bous for his challenge, but didn't want to pressure you!

User Image

It was an exciting time for the pride. The season of change had finally come again. It had been quite some time since the last one. Bousvor was looking forward to seeing what challenges were made. He was watching the lions mingle as was his wont when a familiar male approached him.

The tawny male grinned and gave a deep laugh in his chest. "Finally going to step up and take responsibility Yu?! It's about time you showed the iron in your blood!" He rose to his feet. "I accept!" He sincerely wanted his friend to prove his worthiness to be a captain, but Yu was going to have to work for it.

magnadearel

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:54 pm
magnadearel
Ahaha, every time I look at it I laugh! Also sorry for the long gap on replying - Work noms my brain and then my family and cats aren't keen on letting me just sleep so I tend to be tired a lot

Yu let out a laugh, "I've been biding my time, you could say! The snake knows when to strike, and doesn't strike before, as it were." He rolled his shoulders, beginning to pace around Bousvor. "The iron's there, it's just knowing when to weild it."

Really, he'd been waiting for the Breytast Vindar to come back around for it. There was becoming a captain because he'd gone on so many raids and got lions to back him, and there was becoming a captain because the party's captain had been killed. He didn't see as much glory in either of those methods. No, the way Yu wanted to become captain was in a fair spar between himself and an established captain. It showed his merrit and strength before the whole pride, so everybody knew he was worthy.

With a shift of muscles, he lunged at Bousvor. One paw stretched out, claws retracted for the time being. He wasn't out for blood, after all, he was only out to win, and win fairly. There was no glory in dirty tactics.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:29 pm
Andranis
Totally! Also I agree about work. Just never enough time to do stuff on days I work. Ah luckily I don't have family or pet issues here, but my body won't let me sleep late. DX It's so not fair!

"Indeed that is so, for else the snake would never catch anything." Bousvor was satisfied that his friend was making his move now. They needed more good captains. By the end of this fight, they might have one more. If Yu became a captain this round, perhaps they could team up and go on longer vikings or such. That was for later, and he needed to focus on the now.

"Precisely." Now they would see. Pleasantries suitably dealt with, he turned his attention to the fight. It was good he did so then for Yu came at him in a powerful lunge. Bousvor felt the claw-less attack and turned it aside easily with his not-so-insignificant mass. "Are you sure there's iron there my friend? That felt more like a flower." He teased the other male. "Or do you just need to warm up?"

He took a swipe at Yu's back legs and flanks with claws only a small way extended. It might hurt if it connected, but wouldn't cause any permanent injury.

magnadearel

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:09 am
magnadearel
Okay this time I had no excuse, my brain just puttered on off there...

Admittedly, the claws on his hind paw smarted. But Yu wasn't about to admit that. The only indication was the shake of his leg as he stepped away from Bousvor. "I could ask you the same! That was like a small cub's paw!" And while it had been a long time, he remembered when his children had been such tiny cubs. True to their future as Reavers, both Bjorn and Freyja had tried to attack his nose.

Shaking out his mane, Yu turned back to Bousvor. He had to wonder, could he win this duel simply by wearing his friend down? Not all strategies for battle, after all, were purely about strength of paw. Some were strength in patience. He took another swipe at Bousvor as he charged past him, this time extending his claws slightly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:37 pm
Andranis
Derp-ity derp.

"What?" Bousvor pretended mock outrage. "Here I thought I was suppose to go easy on you."

At an ease with his friend, as he felt with few other reavers or captains, he settled down to the duel with heart. He circled the other lion and watched him for openings. Bousvor noted with approval the solid defense, giving him no openings. Not that he expected less from his friend. Claws swiped through the fur on his shoulder as Yu charged past. He tried to reach out and trip a back leg, but the darker lion was already past and clear.

"Worth half a point," he informed Yu. "You fight like a female." A grin spread across his muzzle as he turned to face his opponent once more.

magnadearel

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff