Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Past Events & Games Threads
[Y1: Lamia Festival] Block A Round 3: Iris vs Marco

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X Kaos X
Vice Captain

Anxious Character

45,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:32 pm
▄ █ ◓𝕎𝔼𝕃ℂ𝕆𝕄𝔼 ℂℍ𝔸𝕃𝕃𝔼ℕ𝔾𝔼ℝ𝕊◓ █ ▄

WELCOME CHALLENGERS!

We wish both participants luck and to remember the rules of the tournament:
▶ Single Elimination Round No Substitutions Allowed.
▶ No Use of Items During Battle ((Items should have been used during the prep before the round began))
▶ Show Respect For Your Fellow Competitor!
▶ Remember the Rules of Battle! For a refresher take a look HERE as well as HERE.

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 3, 4, 5, 2, 9, 4, 5, 4, 9 Total: 52 (10-100)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:38 am
【ஐﻬ ιris Harunoﻬஐ】
ʏou are so young
ʏou are so free

Ʌre we there yet?

User ImageUser Image
. ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Iris left the tent to go where her battle was suppose to be. At this point, she didn't see who she would be up against. The only challengers left were Maria, herself, Marco and Kirsi. "So that means, I have two chances to fight against a fire type or a normal type pokemon. It doesn't matter before me and Ling will beat any challenger that comes our way.Ling would agree with me if she was outside right now...But I know she wants to make a grand entrance for her battle. She's definitely earned it."

Iris took the pathway that she was directed to. There she was face to face with her opponent. Needless to say, she was surprised by the equally shocked face at that was looking back at her. "Marco?!" Iris pointed at him. "Oh wow!! Imagine that..you just wished me good luck on my battle against you!!"

The girl chuckled. She wasn't sure if it was from nerves or just the excitement of the battle and the chance to battle a friend. -Friend right?-

"Well..." Iris went for her pokeball and left out Ling who curtsied as she let out of the pokeball. "Ready?"

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Team:
User Image

Nickname: Bebe
    Level: 11
    Moves: Tackle| Vine Whip| Fairy Wind| Lucky Chant
    Friendship Points:User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nickname: Ling
    Level: 13->15
    Moves: Water Pulse| Water Sport| Defog| Wing Attack

Inventory:

-PokeGear
    -Moon Stone ticket
    -Whimscott Plushie
    -Soothe Bell
    -1 Rare Candies

Company: Phoebe
Battle Theme Hopes and Dreams
Mood: Excited
Attire: green top and tan shorts
OOC:

Ʌ
a-are we there yet?
Ѻne day you'll know
ωho you want to be

Shadow of Miracles

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:27 pm
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi
I am learning to be strong

Marco ran out of that tent like his life depended on it. He wasn't quite sure why he did it, but instinctively he felt like answering such a question might be dangerous; girls could sure be scary sometimes. Once he was back in the stadium, he was led by the Tournament staff to the corridor that he needed to take to enter his battle. Murkrow was right by his side and instead of resting on top of his head or even flying, the avian Pokemon was walking along with him. Marco was taking deep breaths as he walked down the pathway; this was his semifinals match and if by some miracle he managed to win then he could be in the finals. There were only so many people that he could battle since only four remained including himself. There was a large amount of fire type Pokemon in this Tournament meaning that water, rock, and ground attacks were very dangerous. So far the only Pokemon with those types of attacks was Iris's Ducklett who was a water-type pokemon. Marco didn't want to face her since he would surely be at a disadvantage. Also after running out on her then he felt a little awkward about seeing her again. Just the thought was making him blush once more.

The battlefield stood before him and Iris stood before him. If Iris was here then where was his opponent? Marco stood perfectly still only staring at the green-haired girl and the occasional blinking. Some moments passed until Marco realized the horrible truth; his opponent stood before and Iris stood before him therefore Iris and his opponent were the same person. The black-haired boy sighed and passed a hand through his hair, he was not ready for this. Iris was didn't seem to pay any mind to his inner struggles as she had already called out her Pokemon even before the referee made an announcement about the battle. "Hi Iris...again." He waved weakly at her and remembering how uncool he acted by running away from her just caused him to blush in embarrassment.

==========

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Level: 16
Nature: Naive
Ability: Blaze
Held-Item:
Experience: 250/1000
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Level: 8
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Insomnia
Experience: 0/1000
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

► M I S C E L L A N E O U S :
        User Image x6
        User Image x1
        User Image x1
        User Image x1

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:52 pm
Shadow of Miracles
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

User Image
Olivier the Referee

Olivier entered the battlefield with a confident smile on his face. This was his true calling: Official Pokemon Battle Referee. If there was a battle happening then he would be there to judge the battle. This was an important job in a world where Pokemon Battles were so dominant. Olivier was happy to be part of this tournament and if Lamia District officials had not asked him then he surely would have walked up to them and asked to volunteer. He was here now and he would be performing his job with pride! The competitors had entered the battlefield meaning it was time to get this battle rolling.

"This battle is about to get underway! The competitors are summoning their Pokemon right now. A hot battle will soon commence so trainers get ready!" Olivier spoke with a clear voice into the mic that was on his ear. This allowed everyone in the stadium to listen to his voice. Once both trainer and pokemon were ready, Olivier raised his red and green flag in the air.

"Let the battle...begin!"

==========

(Since Shadow of Miracles' Pokemon has the Naive nature, Charmander will be going first 3nodding Good luck!)

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:10 pm
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi

With the introduction of Olivier the referee, the battle would be officially starting. Marco was already getting nervous again, why was it that he could never have a normal Pokemon Battle that didn't involve him worrying about a million things? The black-haired boy shook his head and slapped his cheeks, he needed to regain focus. If he didn't start focusing on the battle then he Charmander would not be able to perform at his best. Besides, if he focused on the battle then he could ignore the embarrassing moment that happened in the Pokemon Center Tent. Olivier had called out for the trainers to summon their Pokemon so Marco reached back into his pocket and pulled out Charmander's Poke Ball. "Let's do our best, Charmander..." the boy whispered to spherical device that contained his partner. He pressed the button and the small ball expanded which he then threw at the battlefield. The Poke Ball opened and Charmander was summoned to battle.

The red lizard stood in battle-ready-mode with all of his wounds from the previous battle completely healed. Nurse Joy was a miracle worker and Charmander was on top shape, but hopefully he would be able to overcome this new challenge. All of his other battles were pretty evenly matched with neither Pokemon having a type advantage over the other. However, Ducklett was a water-type Pokemon which meant that she was strong against fire-type Pokemon like Charmander. Marco knew that even a single water attack could be very damaging for his Pokemon so they would have to try and avoid them. There was only one move that could be used. Before any more words could be said, Marco ordered his first move.

"Charmander use Smokescreen!"

The red lizard took a deep breath and the exhaled thick smoke from his mouth. Soon the whole battlefield was covered with the Smokescreen. This would hopefully give him an advantage in battle. Now it would be Iris's turn.

==========

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Held-Item:
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

User Image x6
        User Image x1
        User Image x1
        User Image x1

User Image  
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:30 pm
【ஐﻬ ιris Harunoﻬஐ】
ʏou are so young
ʏou are so free

Ʌre we there yet?

User ImageUser Image

Iris looked at Marco. Just said a simple 'hello...again' and nothing else. Iris tilted her head. Iris wanted to ask what was going on with him but the referee had announced the battle had begun and now they were opponents. While they were opponents already but now the battle was official so now she has to focus on the battle. Ling as well.

Ling was ready to see her opponent but not for the reason that Iris would have expected. It was obvious the reason when she started to wave to the Charmander. The ducklett even winked and sighed as she started at the cute Charmander. He had made it to their battle together. It was fate after all, especially since he defeated that female Charmander. "Heads up Ling, the battle is starting now." Ling nodded her head as she gave a little wave to Charmander once more. Her wave was greeted with a smokescreen as the field was filled with a dark smokescreen that made visibility low. Ling just sighed. The Charmander was just being shy from her. She needed to open him up to her.

"Okay..." Iris said as she looked at the predicament. It wasn't the first time they had dealt with a smokescreen. They were fine with it before so now was going to be any different. "Hey Marco get ready for my attack, it's going to really cool. I promise."

"Ling! Use Water Pulse." Iris said to her Ducklett. Hearing the move, Ling let out an orb of water that had some light to it as the water swirled around it. With the idea to impress in mind, Ling shot the orb into the smoke.

[[Water Pulse: Power: 60, Accuracy:100%- 90% Secondary Effect: Confusion 20%]]

Team:
User Image

Inventory:

-PokeGear
    -Moon Stone ticket
    -Whimscott Plushie
    -Soothe Bell
    -1 Rare Candies

OOC:

Ʌ
a-are we there yet?
Ѻne day you'll know
ωho you want to be

Shadow of Miracles

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:39 pm
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi

The battle was starting and already Marco and Charmander were worried. Marco didn't want to face Iris right now, not after how he embarrassed himself by literally running away from her. Charmander was worried because of the weird looks that the duck pokemon was giving him. She kept batting her eyes, waving at him, and even winking at him! The fire lizard felt really shy all of the sudden like he was being watched in a very uncomfortable way. What was this Ducklett doing? Either way, both trainer and Pokemon just wanted to avoid the people that were in front of him. Unfortunately for them, Iris and Ducklett were his opponents avoiding them meant losing the battle. So they both took a deep breath, swallowed the nervous lump in their throats down and decided to just ignore the females and instead focus on the battle (I know, it doesn't make sense).

The Smokescreen had covered the field, mostly on Iris's side, which meant the pokemon was caught in all the smoke. Charmander could clearly see her, but the duck Pokemon would be having trouble locating him. Iris stated that she would be making her first move, but Marco did not react to her words; he didn't even really look at her, instead he just focused on the Pokemon. The smoke a blue sphere could be seen being formed. Marco's eyes widen when he saw that sphere shoot forward! "Charmander watch out!" His warning came too late and Charmander was knocked back by a sphere of blue energy that upon impact exploded into a wave of water. Charmander was sent rolling backwards until he eventually stopped from the friction of his body against the ground. The fire lizard tried standing up, but he felt like his whole world was spinning and had trouble finding his footing; he could see stars. "Snap out of it!" Marco's voice broke through and Charmander shook his head to regain his composure. He had been dangerously close to being confused, the impact of that attack had been so strong that it shook him entirely.

Fire-type pokemon were weak against water and right now Charmander felt drenched. He shook his body trying to get as much of that wet feeling as he could. He could not be receiving attacks like that, they were way too dangerous. Marco's eyes had immediately searched for Charmander's tail and he was relief to see the flame still burning. "We have to block their vision more...Charmander use Smokescreen again!" this was all Marco could think to protect his Pokemon. Charmander opened his mouth and released more smoke at Ducklett. Hopefully with another layer, he could have a better chance at dodging that water-type attack.

==========

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Held-Item:
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

User Image x6
        User Image x1
        User Image x1
        User Image x1

User Image  
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 1 Total: 11 (2-20)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:33 pm
【ஐﻬ ιris Harunoﻬஐ】
ʏou are so young
ʏou are so free

Ʌre we there yet?

User ImageUser Image

The sounds of Marco telling his pokemon to look out meant that Water pulse had found its target. Iris couldn't help but proud of herself and her pokemon, Ling. Bebe too but right now it was Ling's time to shine in the spot light. "Wasnt that cool Marco?"She called out to the other boy to get his attention. "Even in the smokescreen. Pretty near right?"Iris looked at him but wasn't getting anything back at all. "Hey Marco...." she said again. When she said that, Marco instead had Charmander add in another layer of smokescreen in the attempt to decrease Ling's accuracy. Why wasn't he talking to her now. Was this still about the thing at the tent? Iris should her head. She was over thinking when she should be focused on her battle. She something for the smokescreen but first she wanted to see if she had to use it first.

"Ling use Water Pulse again." Iris said, "Let's show them that smokescreen doesn't anything to hide us away."

Ling wondered how Charmander liked her water pulse. Was it pretty? Did it shimmer enough? The only response she got was a smokescreen once again. Ling coughed but chuckled. Charmander was being so shy. It was so cute. Ling sighed with a lovesick tone. Ling perked up when Iris told her to use Water Pulse and how the smokescreen would not hide them. Ling agreed with as she started up her water pulse once more. She was going to shine and going to shine for Marco to see and for Charmander.

[[Water Pulse: Power: 60, Accuracy:100%- 80% Secondary Effect: Confusion 20%]]

Team:
User Image

Inventory:

-PokeGear
    -Moon Stone ticket
    -Whimscott Plushie
    -Soothe Bell
    -1 Rare Candies

OOC:

Ʌ
a-are we there yet?
Ѻne day you'll know
ωho you want to be

Shadow of Miracles

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:06 pm
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

User Image
Marco Guerrero Katsuragi

The second layer of Smokescreen had failed. Marco could see Ducklett's attack coming right at them. Even with all this smoke, Iris's Pokemon was not fazed which meant that this dodging strategy was a failure. The next Water Pulse came right at the fire lizard. He was too late to dodge so all he could do was charge at the attack head on! "Chaaarr!" The fire-type shouted as he crossed his arms in an attempt to stop the blue sphere. The force of the attack was great, but Charmander did not waver and held his ground; it almost looked like he was going to stop the attack! "You can do it!" Marco shouted which gave Charmander more resolve, but both trainer and Pokemon were surprised when the sphere exploded releasing a splash of water. The fire lizard was once again thrown backwards by the impact of the attack.

The only way to stop this attack is to dodge it, otherwise it'll just explode again. Marco clenched his fists, this attack was too powerful and Charmander had already been struck twice by this devastating attack. It was no wonder that Iris was able to make it this far in the Tournament. Her Ducklett was a forced to be reckon with. Maybe if he was fighting with Murkrow who didn't have a weakness against water Pokemon then he would have stood a better chance. However, Charmander had too great of a disadvantage especially against an attack like Water Pulse. "We can't give up..." Marco took a deep breath and closed his eyes so he could focus. So many thoughts were running through his mind that he was having great difficulty concentrating. He felt frustrated with himself, but they needed to do something. "We have to attack," Marco muttered to himself. They had already tried to dodge and even block the attack, but both had failed meaning all that was left was an offensive strategy.

Charmander stood up and shook off the extra water from his body. He was panting, wounded by all the water attacks, but he was still in this battle. The fire on his tail started burning brightly once more as if anticipating what move Marco would call for next. The black-haired boy shouted the next attack, "Charmander use Dragon Rage!" The red lizard's eyes started glowing as he opened his mouth to gather energy. A sphere formed inside his mouth which shot forward. The sphere grew bigger as it cut through the smoke to target the duck Pokemon.

==========

Pokemon:
User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Held-Item:
Move Set:

► Scratch
      ► Dragon Rage
      ► Ember
      ► Smokescreen

User Image User Image
Friendship Points:
User Image
Move Set:
      ► Peck
      ► Astonish
      ► Pursuit

Inventory:
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        User Image

User Image x6
        User Image x1
        User Image x1
        User Image x1

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:45 pm
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

Shadow of Miracles

And so this battle has come to an end and the winner is Iris and her Ducklett, Ling!

Unfortunately, Charmander was at a major disadvantage in this match up, with Ling having a major typing advantage. With two Water pulses ending up a direct hit on Charmander, even despite the tactical thick smokescreen set-up, Charmander's fallow-up dragon rage was just not enough to give him the upper hand.

Since Iris is the winner, you can make your final post demonstrating Ling's finishing move against Charmander.

Thank you both for your participation ^^  

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:44 am
【ஐﻬ ιris Harunoﻬஐ】
ʏou are so young
ʏou are so free

Ʌre we there yet?

User ImageUser Image

Iris and Ling watched as the orb cut through the smokescreen and hit the pokemon. As much as Ling tried to dodge, she couldn't escape it. She was knocked back but not down for the count. "Ling! Are you okay?" Iris asked, getting a response of the pokemon standing up and fixing her feathers. Iris gave a sigh of relief and a grin before she looked back at Marco and Charmander. Especially at Marco. He had ignored her throughout the whole battle. Meanwhile during his battles with Faye and Tera, he was able to talk to them just fine. So why was it so different with her. If that was the way he was going to act.... fine then. She had more stuff to focus on anyway. Like winning this battle.

"Let's end like we did Charmeleon... Ling cut through the smokescreen and use Wing Attack."

Ling waddled in a fast pace into the smokescreen that separated her and Charmander. From the middle of the smokescreen, a blue light was emitted before Ling appeared from the middle of that light. Her wings were glowing as she spun in a midair circle before she used her wing to slash at Charmander. Both of them were still before Charmander started to fall forward. Ling used her wings to catch Charmander before he touched the ground and allowed him to rest on her.

After all, she was soft and fluffly...

Iris looked at her pokemon before her face turned blank looking Marco. She didn't even say good game as she waited for the battle to be announced over.

Team:
User Image

Inventory:

-PokeGear
    -Moon Stone ticket
    -Whimscott Plushie
    -Soothe Bell
    -1 Rare Candies

Company: