Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:34 am
User Image

Taranu had spent his morning the same way that he spent the majority of his mornings.

He'd practically woken up with the sun, gotten something to eat, and pestered his mother about whatever he could think of. He then proceeded to romp around with his brother and sisters and create havoc around their mother. Eventually they made it outside of their den into the fresh air where they had more space to play and wrestle.

Also as per usual, Taranu eventually grew irritated with his siblings and abandoned them to find his own amusement. Now that he was a little bigger, he was beginning to explore the area around his home more and more instead of pestering his mother.

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:11 pm
User Image

Sneaking out. That is what the young male was going to have to do to get away from the ever watchful eye of his mother. If she caught him he didn't know how much trouble he was going to get in. With him coming back he was sure he was going to get some sort of reprimand from her. Whatever. He would take it.

The sun caused him to squint for a moment as he got to the edge of the den. He wouldn't go far. He knew his boundaries but there were plenty of other dens about. Taking off he shut his eyes for a moment before bumbling into another. Rolling up onto his paws the light male did his best growl at the other to come face to face with another cub. Another boy! Other than his twins he had been stuck around to many females. A chance for another brother in arms. Fantastic. Maybe another trouble maker like himself?

Big Hobbit

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:28 pm
Taranu trotted around for a bit feeling excited and daring being out by himself.

Even though he wasn't actually that far away from where his siblings were playing, the distance between them still gave him a sense of satisfaction. A sense of adventure and wanderlust was beginning to grow within the cub's spirit. He couldn't wait until he was old enough to leave his homelands with a band of reavers. Distracted by his musings, he did not notice the appearance of the other cub as he passed a den entrance until he'd already be knocked over.

"Watch it!," he exclaimed automatically. When he got back on his feet and regained his composure, he glared adorably at the other cub for a moment before deciding that this might be a good opportunity to play with someone other than his siblings.

"I'm Taranu, who are you?"

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:17 am
The male bared his teeth at the other trying to look fiercer than his station. He had knocked over another who was not his twin and he felt so proud of himself. "You were asking for it." The male replied. "Aethelstan. Nice to meet you Taranu. Wanna play or get into trouble?" He snickered as the little male got down on all fours, rump in the air as he got ready to pounce again at the other.

Another friend whom he could play with was always a good thing. Adventure awaited them, beckoned them even. He looked over to where he could see others playing, "Is that your family?" He asked, then turned back to his own family. "My family, I won't go too far. But we can play near here.

Big Hobbit

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:47 pm
As much fun as it sounded to throw caution to the wind and give in to mischievousness, Taranu new that his mother and grandmother would not tolerate too much trouble from him. Being caught by or brought to either of them was not something that he desired.

However, it would sound lame to say any of that, so Taranu replied with, "Yeah that's my family over there. I should stay where I can see them in case anything happens to them, so that's fine if we stay around here."

"Do you know how to play hide and seek?," he asked after considering something that the two of them could do together. He figured that there were enough trees and large rocks around to provide hiding places.

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:05 pm
Well that sucked that the other male didn't want to get into trouble. However a fair game of hide and seek would amuse him enough. "Hide and seek? Alright. I am the best hider." Being stealthy and sneaky he was good at. It was how he escaped the den sometimes. This skill would probably come in handy in the future when he grew up, that he knew. Who didn't know how to play that game.

Plenty of things around they could make this game last a little while. Regardless of not having got any trouble, this would still be at least a bonding moment for him.

"I think you should go first Taranu." Giving the light male a cocky grin.

Big Hobbit

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:40 pm
"Good, cause I'm a great seeker!," he boasted.

It was a simple game, he knew, but thought they could find ways to make it more exciting. This could still be fun, he thought, even without going too far. Playing this kind of game with his siblings was sometimes boring because they all knew each other's hiding places. Although this fact also kept things fast paced. Aethelstan was unfamiliar to him and he didn't have any prior knowledge to use to his advantage. Closing his eyes, Taranu turned away from the other cub.

"I'm counting!," he yelled, giving the other a head start.

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:38 am
The male headed towards the north. There was an outcropping of a few rocks that wasn't too far from there current location but at least a tad bit of a trek. He hid behind one of the larger rocks. There was really nothing there to conceal him further but he was confident that it would take the other a little bit longer to find him. A few rounds of this would be good until at least dinner time.

Big Hobbit

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Taranu kept his ears sharp to listen to what direction the other cub might scurry off to. Once he was done counting, he swiveled around looking here and there for any sign of him without luck. So, Taranu put his nose to the ground and began searching for Aethelstan's scent. He wandered gradually around the area, peeking his head around corners and looking behind trees.

Eventually he caught a whiff of his target and he slowed his pace. He moved slowly and followed his nose until he came to a stop in front of large rock. With a sly grin on his face, he quietly climbed up the side of the rock until he could see the red tuff of the other cub's fur.

"I found you!!," Taranu shouted as he launched himself from the top of the rock and pounced on his prey.

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:01 pm
The white male growled softly as the other found him. He thought he had found the perfect spot. Alas he had not. A slow chuckle rising out of him. "Good find!" He said as the red maned male plopped his bottom down. It would be his turn to count and find the other cub here in a mere matter of moments.

"I bet you that I can find you faster than you found me." Aethelstan challenged the other. He was quite sure Taranu was not the best hider, maybe a good seeker but not a good hider.

He wondered how long he could keep the game up before he might head the voice of his mother calling him back to the den. Or his twin coming to look for him.

Big Hobbit

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:43 pm
"I bet you can't!," he said with confidence.

Taranu quickly ran off to find a good place to hide himself while the other wasn't looking. Being a bit larger than average, he found that it was difficult to squeeze himself into any small or tight spaces. So, when he came upon a leafy tree with low hanging branches, he climbed up a little ways into the tree.

He climbed up just enough so that he was hidden by the leaves that lined the branches but was still close enough to the ground to keep an eye on the other cub. The sun was beginning to descend from it's height in middle of the sky, signaling that the evening would be approaching soon. Taranu knew that he would probably need to rejoin his siblings before he was missed.

He would do that after they finished with their game.

DavyJnah
My last post!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:34 am
Little Taranu had been almost right when he said that Aethelstan couldn't find him. After the countdown he had sworn he had heard a family member calling him and gotten momentarily distracted. However the male ended up catching a scent and following it. A few times back to old hiding spots but finally he was coming across the low hanging branches.

Creeping up as quietly as he could the male sprang at them, giving his best ferocious growl at the last second. "Got you!" he cried out, a small happy purr rumbling up. "This was a lot of fun. But I should really get going." He looked somewhat uncomfortable. "I still want to hang out with you some time. Later!"

Giving the other a small nod before he bounded off. He did not want to get into any trouble despite being a troublemaker. Or at least, maybe he could get his twin to get into trouble with him.

Big Hobbit
Sorry for the longest ever getting back to you for a finishing post!

FIN

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas